Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30975
Printed Date: 15 May 2024 at 5:34am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: obligation for Muslims to condemn the extremists
Posted By: abuayisha
Subject: obligation for Muslims to condemn the extremists
Date Posted: 21 August 2014 at 10:47am
After the Islamic State released horrifying video of militants beheading U.S. journalist James Foley, the world has reacted with outrage including from Muslims worldwide. Is there more of an obligation for Muslims to condemn the extremists?

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/journalist-james-foley-isis-beheading-killing-muslim-condemnation/53f21d3afe34440c7b00047f

Replies:
Posted By: Truthseeker2014
Date Posted: 21 August 2014 at 11:28am
True Muslims should do more than condemn extremists, they should join the fight against the extremists.   Why are only extremists attracted to the fight in Iraq?   Why don't many good Muslims (the 99%) join the extremists groups to turn against them by reporting them to anti-terror forces so the extremists can be neutralized by a missile from a drone?

Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 21 August 2014 at 12:04pm
This is NOT Islam!

What they are doing is oppression and every Muslim is ordered by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala to fight oppression wherever they are. The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa SAllam) NEVER executed a prisoner.

These people are not MUSLIMS.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 21 August 2014 at 2:01pm
As Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria butcher thousands of �infidels� and carry off their women and children into slavery, many in the West are inclined to see this as an unique outcrop of Islamic fundamentalism. Yet after overrunning a Bosnian town on 11th July 1995, Bosnian Serb � ostensibly Christian � forces, cold-bloodedly massacred 8,000 Bosnian Muslims at Srebrenica. Hutu genocide of Tutsi in Rwanda, Khmer Rouge mass-murder of Cambodian city-dwellers, Nazi genocide of Jews, Gypsies and the disabled�. the list of savagery is as long as it is profoundly depressing.

What, then are the origins of savagery, if they cannot be ascribed to a single religion or ideology?

1 - Savagery begets savagery

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/11041338/The-science-behind-Isis-savagery.html

Posted By: Truthseeker2014
Date Posted: 21 August 2014 at 2:50pm
"These people [extremists] are not MUSLIMS."

They believe they are Muslims and they believe the moderate Muslims are not true Muslims.   To an outsider, the extremists look like an extreme version of Islam.

Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 21 August 2014 at 7:50pm
What then, explains muslims from U.S. and Canada going to join these savages?

I say the origins of savagery are obvious... the influence of evil on the minds of men... satan active and alive in the world.

If anyone needed proof of a devil this would be it.

This is why we must be very careful in how we discern what is from God... in discerning good from evil...
and we should not base this on what religion a person follows... but on the actions of the individual. 

This is what I have been here to say from the beginning.

Satan is a great deceiver and will seek to turn good people against one another just to destroy the creation.  We must be able to see the good in people, and to recognize when evil guides others... each seen as an individual unto himself and for his own individual actions.

The good must come together to resist the power of the devil.
Yshwe on earth will be when all good people come together to stop allowing satan to cause divisions and dissentions among them.  This is how satan will be defeated... when the good of the creation decides to come together to save itself.

asalaam,
Caringheart

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 21 August 2014 at 10:31pm
Definitely I condemn isis!!!!

Date Posted: 22 August 2014 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

What then, explains muslims from U.S. and Canada going to join these savages?I say the origins of savagery are obvious... the influence of evil on the minds of men... satan active and alive in the world.If anyone needed proof of a devil this would be it.This is why we must be very careful in how we discern what is from God... in discerning good from evil...and we should not base this on what religion a person follows... but on the actions of the individual.� This is what I have been here to say from the beginning.Satan is a great deceiver and will seek to turn good people against one another just to destroy the creation.� We must be able to see the good in people, and to recognize when evil guides others... each seen as an individual unto himself and for his own individual actions.The good must come together to resist the power of the devil.Yshwe on earth will be when all good people come together to stop allowing satan to cause divisions and dissentions among them.� This is how satan will be defeated... when the good of the creation decides to come together to save itself.asalaam,Caringheart

You've been talking nonsense from the start.

All Muslims are told by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala that everyone will be tested. This is another test. You will not understand this unless you are a Muslim.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 22 August 2014 at 3:55am
Yesterday in the tv news media that there were at least 300 young British Muslims who joined IS and the person who executed the American journalist/spy was a UK national.

There must be something wrong with ISLAM if young people are being indoctrinated into hate and violence against non Mulsims.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 22 August 2014 at 6:45am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

As Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria butcher thousands of �infidels� and carry off their women and children into slavery, many in the West are inclined to see this as an unique outcrop of Islamic fundamentalism. Yet after overrunning a Bosnian town on 11th July 1995, Bosnian Serb � ostensibly Christian � forces, cold-bloodedly massacred 8,000 Bosnian Muslims at Srebrenica. Hutu genocide of Tutsi in Rwanda, Khmer Rouge mass-murder of Cambodian city-dwellers, Nazi genocide of Jews, Gypsies and the disabled�. the list of savagery is as long as it is profoundly depressing.

How many of these atrocities were committed explicitly in the name of religion?  Yes, religion was often involved as a means to an end, but it played a minor role at best.  The main goal was usually ethnic or political or social.

I'm not sure that this discussion is asking the right question.  Most Muslims already condemn extremism, at least verbally.  I would rather ask about the obligation of Muslims to do something about those who commit atrocities in the name of Islam.  They complain bitterly when Western powers intervene in their affairs, and often retaliate against the Westerners; but if they won't look after their own issues, what other choice do we have?

I remember a rather chilling discussion on this board a few years ago, when a Muslim asked whether other Muslims would ever align themselves with non-Muslims in a conflict against "fellow Muslims", even if the Muslims were clearly in the wrong.  I was shocked at the number of Muslims who declared that they could never do that.  I think that is the heart of the problem.

-------------
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.

Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 22 August 2014 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Yesterday in the tv news media that there were at least 300 young British Muslims who joined IS and the person who executed the American journalist/spy was a UK national.

Did the executioner shout "God Save the Queen!" when he did his grisly deed, or was it "Allahu Akbar!"?

-------------
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.

Date Posted: 22 August 2014 at 6:52am

There must be something wrong with ISLAM if young people are being indoctrinated into hate and violence against non Mulsims.

I think Muslims need a heightened awareness of the "narrative" our youth are exposed (indoctrinated by) to from some segments of our community. A case in point is your signature line: "In Dar Ul Kuffar (UK)"

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 22 August 2014 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

How many of these atrocities were committed explicitly in the name of religion?  Yes, religion was often involved as a means to an end, but it played a minor role at best.  The main goal was usually ethnic or political or social.

I'm not sure that this discussion is asking the right question.  Most Muslims already condemn extremism, at least verbally.  I would rather ask about the obligation of Muslims to do something about those who commit atrocities in the name of Islam.  They complain bitterly when Western powers intervene in their affairs, and often retaliate against the Westerners; but if they won't look after their own issues, what other choice do we have?

I remember a rather chilling discussion on this board a few years ago, when a Muslim asked whether other Muslims would ever align themselves with non-Muslims in a conflict against "fellow Muslims", even if the Muslims were clearly in the wrong.  I was shocked at the number of Muslims who declared that they could never do that.  I think that is the heart of the problem.

No, the "heart of the problem" is that the "western powers" have often been instrumental in allowing the extremist organizations to wreak havoc in Muslim countries.  There are numerous examples.  Who armed and trained Al-Qaeda to fight the Soviets and then left Afghanistan to the extremists?  Who is providing support to terrorist organizations like the MEK in Iran? 

And who is to blame for creating the current mess in Iraq?  Before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, there was no Al-Qaeda in Iraq or ISIS.  Sure, Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator, but guess who armed him in the 1980s?  He gassed his own people.  Guess who gave him those chemical weapons? 

Ultimately, Muslims will have to deal with the extremist fringe, but that can only happen when the western powers and their puppet rulers are removed from the scene.  Their presence only adds fuel to the fire.

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 22 August 2014 at 2:21pm

Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Date Posted: 22 August 2014 at 2:22pm

I think Muslims need a heightened awareness of the "narrative" our youth are exposed (indoctrinated by) to from some segments of our community. A case in point is your signature line: "In Dar Ul Kuffar (UK)"

Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Posted By: Muslim75
Date Posted: 23 August 2014 at 10:45am

After the Islamic State released horrifying video of militants beheading U.S. journalist James Foley, the world has reacted with outrage including from Muslims worldwide. Is there more of an obligation for Muslims to condemn the extremists?

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/journalist-james-foley-isis-beheading-killing-muslim-condemnation/53f21d3afe34440c7b00047f

I do not agree. As muslims, we comdemn extremism in our every action. These people endoctrinate only those who are prone to crime. We don't need to speak out against them whenever they commit some crime. We disown them all at once.

Date Posted: 23 August 2014 at 10:49am

What then, explains muslims from U.S. and Canada going to join these savages?

I say the origins of savagery are obvious... the influence of evil on the minds of men... satan active and alive in the world.

If anyone needed proof of a devil this would be it.

This is why we must be very careful in how we discern what is from God... in discerning good from evil...
and we should not base this on what religion a person follows... but on the actions of the individual. 

This is what I have been here to say from the beginning.

Satan is a great deceiver and will seek to turn good people against one another just to destroy the creation.  We must be able to see the good in people, and to recognize when evil guides others... each seen as an individual unto himself and for his own individual actions.

The good must come together to resist the power of the devil.
Yshwe on earth will be when all good people come together to stop allowing satan to cause divisions and dissentions among them.  This is how satan will be defeated... when the good of the creation decides to come together to save itself.

asalaam,
Caringheart

Caringheart,

Satan is defeated. Just look again. He and his troops are just wailing today.

Date Posted: 23 August 2014 at 10:54am

What then, explains muslims from U.S. and Canada going to join these savages?I say the origins of savagery are obvious... the influence of evil on the minds of men... satan active and alive in the world.If anyone needed proof of a devil this would be it.This is why we must be very careful in how we discern what is from God... in discerning good from evil...and we should not base this on what religion a person follows... but on the actions of the individual.  This is what I have been here to say from the beginning.Satan is a great deceiver and will seek to turn good people against one another just to destroy the creation.  We must be able to see the good in people, and to recognize when evil guides others... each seen as an individual unto himself and for his own individual actions.The good must come together to resist the power of the devil.Yshwe on earth will be when all good people come together to stop allowing satan to cause divisions and dissentions among them.  This is how satan will be defeated... when the good of the creation decides to come together to save itself.asalaam,Caringheart

You've been talking nonsense from the start.

All Muslims are told by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala that everyone will be tested. This is another test. You will not understand this unless you are a Muslim.

Abu Loren,

This is no test. It is evil.

Date Posted: 23 August 2014 at 12:56pm

In all Muslim countries the law is there to reprimand extremism. They are hunted down by every Muslim authorities.

Let me stress the responsibility of the non-muslims, the Christians and the Jews to accept the prophethood of Muhammad (saw). He is a holy and a heavenly man. He is the last prophet, completing the cycle of prophethood. So the Christians and the Jews have this responsibility. Let them show the example to the Muslims themselves. Let them devote themselves to Muhammad (saw) without any extremism. This is an honourable message to extremists.

Date Posted: 23 August 2014 at 1:26pm

This is not excusable, from my perspective, on the ground of youth. In Islam, your sins are written as soon as you reach puberty. This may be before the age of 10. Young people make mistake, but surely this is not that kind of mistake.

Date Posted: 24 August 2014 at 3:10am
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

No, the "heart of the problem" is that the "western powers" have often been instrumental in allowing the extremist organizations to wreak havoc in Muslim countries.  There are numerous examples.  Who armed and trained Al-Qaeda to fight the Soviets and then left Afghanistan to the extremists?  Who is providing support to terrorist organizations like the MEK in Iran? 

And who is to blame for creating the current mess in Iraq?  Before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, there was no Al-Qaeda in Iraq or ISIS.  Sure, Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator, but guess who armed him in the 1980s?  He gassed his own people.  Guess who gave him those chemical weapons? 

Ultimately, Muslims will have to deal with the extremist fringe, but that can only happen when the western powers and their puppet rulers are removed from the scene.  Their presence only adds fuel to the fire.

If I may, whatever the truth and whatever the error in your statement, there remains the necessity for the Muslims at large to practise Islam whole-heartedly.

Date Posted: 24 August 2014 at 9:15pm
and yet it is only muslims that we see running to join this murderous bunch....

have we seen Christians, atheists, Buddhists, or anyone else behave in this manner?

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 25 August 2014 at 7:16am

have we seen Christians, atheists, Buddhists, or anyone else behave in this manner?

What a shocking level of ignorance! Shocked

Have you been paying attention to the violence in the Central African Republic?  Myanmar?  Sri Lanka?

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 25 August 2014 at 10:43am

Have you been paying attention to the violence in the Central African Republic?  Myanmar?  Sri Lanka?

Hi islamispeace,

Do we see Christians, atheists, or Buddhists, running to join in those conflicts?

asalaam,
Caringheart

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 25 August 2014 at 11:05am

Hi islamispeace,

Do we see Christians, atheists, or Buddhists, running to join in those conflicts?

asalaam,
Caringheart

I repeat...what a shocking level of ignorance! Shocked

Christians in the CAR were "running to join" the mobs that were slaughtering Muslims.  There were even reports of ritualistic cannibalism!

In Myanmar, Buddhists have been "running to join" the extremists who are currently launching a campaign of genocide against the Muslim Rohingya. 

Oh, have you ever heard of a guy named Anders Brevik?     

-------------

Date Posted: 25 August 2014 at 11:10am

Christians in the CAR were "running to join" the mobs that were slaughtering Muslims.  There were even reports of ritualistic cannibalism!

In Myanmar, Buddhists have been "running to join" the extremists who are currently launching a campaign of genocide against the Muslim Rohingya. 

Greetings islamispeace,

Christians 'in CAR', yes... but are there any from outside running to join these murderous barbarians and evil-doers?
On the contrary, most Christians in the rest of the world are horrified at what is happening there.

I admit that I am not up on the conflicts in Myanmar, and I have not heard of Anders Brevik, and if I find time today i will look up his name.
To involve myself in understanding all of what is happening in Myanmar is beyond my scope at the present time.  I would ask the same thing though... are there those from other countries running to join the local conflicts and battles?  ... and if so, are they muslims, or Buddhists?

asalaam,
Caringheart

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 25 August 2014 at 11:25am

Greetings islamispeace,

Christians 'in CAR', yes... but are there any from outside running to join these murderous barbarians and evil-doers?
On the contrary, most Christians in the rest of the world are horrified at what is happening there.

I admit that I am not up on the conflicts in Myanmar, and I have not heard of Anders Brevik, and if I find time today i will look up his name.
To involve myself in understanding all of what is happening in Myanmar is beyond my scope at the present time.  I would ask the same thing though... are there those from other countries running to join the local conflicts and battles?  ... and if so, are they muslims, or Buddhists?

asalaam,
Caringheart

Most Muslims are also "horrified at what is happening there".  So, what's your point?  Oh right, I remember.  Like typical ignorant bigots, you are trying to link Islam and billions of law-abiding Muslims to the acts perpetrated by a minority of extremists.

And what difference does it make that people from "other countries" not are "running to join the local conflicts and battles"?  Does that change the fact that the local people are indeed "running" to join those battles?  Maybe people from other countries are not joining the genocide in the CAR and Myanmar because they simply don't care.  Or maybe, its because they feel that it has nothing to do with them, since it is not their country.  There may be a variety of reasons.

You have never heard of Anders Brevik?  Where have been living the past few years...in a cave?  I will save you the trouble of getting up to date on the facts.  This specimen was the perpetrator of the terrorist bombing and shootings in Norway in 2011.  For him, it was his duty to stem the tide of immigrants and Muslims into Europe.  He was fighting for the "survival" of European civilization.  To that end, he was willing to slaughter dozens of kids, most of whom were from multi-ethnic backgrounds.         

-------------

Date Posted: 25 August 2014 at 11:50am

Most Muslims are also "horrified at what is happening there". 

Thumbs%20Up

You have never heard of Anders Brevik?  Where have been living the past few years...in a cave?  I will save you the trouble of getting up to date on the facts.  This specimen was the perpetrator of the terrorist bombing and shootings in Norway in 2011.  For him, it was his duty to stem the tide of immigrants and Muslims into Europe.  He was fighting for the "survival" of European civilization.  To that end, he was willing to slaughter dozens of kids, most of whom were from multi-ethnic backgrounds.         

Thank you for saving me time... Yes, I am familiar with the incident... did not memorize the perpetrators name.
Another horrifying incident, and I don't know of anyone who supported what he did... no... more like considered him to be mentally unbalanced, as are all people who take innocent lives.  Call it controlled by a demon, or answering the call of the devil, if you will.  Certainly they are not answering a call of God when people do such things.

asalaam,
Caringheart

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 25 August 2014 at 12:48pm

Most Muslims are also "horrified at what is happening there". 

Thumbs%20Up

Thank you for saving me time... Yes, I am familiar with the incident... did not memorize the perpetrators name.
Another horrifying incident, and I don't know of anyone who supported what he did... no... more like considered him to be mentally unbalanced, as are all people who take innocent lives.  Call it controlled by a demon, or answering the call of the devil, if you will.  Certainly they are not answering a call of God when people do such things.

asalaam,
Caringheart

There were plenty of people "who supported what he did", whether openly or by merely suggesting that he was justified.  I remember reading an article on LoonWatch which noted that the racist Pamela Geller (who became famous for her opposition to the so-called Ground Zero mosque), had a picture on her website of the kids who were at the camp where Brevik went on his rampage, and she seemed to be obsessed with the multiple ethnicities.  She later removed the picture, probably realizing that it made her look like a racist as well as a supporter of mass murder. 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 9:04am
'Can we not tell the truth about this?  � far from being horrified by barbarism � thousands upon thousands of Muslim men are flocking to the Islamic State�s black banner, including more Muslim Britons than volunteer for Her Majesty�s own armed forces?

We are dealing with a group that believes that beheading videos will increase its appeal, primarily among young Muslim men... and they are apparently correct about this.   Let that sink in for a moment. Atrocities increase their appeal.'

True evil

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 9:22am

'Can we not tell the truth about this?  � far from being horrified by barbarism � thousands upon thousands of Muslim men are flocking to the Islamic State�s black banner, including more Muslim Britons than volunteer for Her Majesty�s own armed forces?

We are dealing with a group that believes that beheading videos will increase its appeal, primarily among young Muslim men... and they are apparently correct about this.   Let that sink in for a moment. Atrocities increase their appeal.'

True evil

There goes "Caringheart" again, up to her old tricks.  First, you again copied a quote from some unknown source.  Of course, it is easy to figure out where you got this ridiculous information.  Does the name David French mean anything to you? 

Second, it should be noticed that Mr. French did not provide any official study or other evidence to back up his statement.  Apparently, we are just supposed to take him at his word.  How convenient! 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 9:53am
I had no idea who David French is, but I looked him up and found this:

David is a Senior Counsel at the American Center for Law and Justice. A graduate of Harvard Law School, he is a former Senior Counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund, and a past president of the Foundation of Individual Rights in Education. He has taught at Cornell Law School and served as a commercial litigation partner in the firm of Greenebaum, Doll & McDonald. His legal practice is concentrated on constitutional law and the international law of armed conflict, and he is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. David is the author of multiple books, including Home and Away: A Story of Family in a Time of War and A Season for Justice: Defending the Rights of the Christian Home, Church, and School. David is a regular contributor to National Review Online, a columnist for Patheos, and he has written numerous op-eds and articles, including pieces in the Washington Post, Washington Times, Human Events, Townhall, New York Post, New York Daily News, Boston Herald, and Philadelphia Daily News. Regularly interviewed by both print and broadcast media, David has appeared on ABC World News Tonight, The O�Reilly Factor, CNN Newsroom, The Fox Report with Shepard Smith, and Special Report with Brit Hume, among others. A regular guest on talk radio programs, David has been interviewed on National Public Radio and by numerous hosts, including Michael Medved, Hugh Hewitt, Laura Ingraham, Dennis Prager, James Dobson, and Michael Reagan. David has guest-hosted a number of radio programs, including the Hugh Hewitt Show. David is the 2012 recipient of the American Conservative Union�s Ronald Reagan Award. David is also a Captain in the United States Army Reserve, joining the USAR in April, 2006. He currently serves as Brigade Judge Advocate for the 1st Brigade, 104th Division. From October 2007 to September 2008 CPT French served as Squadron Judge Advocate for the 2d Squadron, 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment in Diyala Province, Iraq, where he was awarded the Bronze Star.

and this;

When I came home from Iraq in 2008, friends frequently asked me what I learned �most� from the experience. That�s a tough question to answer, and it depends greatly on context. I learned many things about my faith, my family, and my country, but if the question relates to the war itself, I�d tend to say something like this: �I learned the enemy is more evil than you can imagine, and I learned that a deployment is more difficult than you can imagine.� But while the deployment was the hardest thing I�ve ever done, the chance to play a very small part (surrounded by a band of brothers) to fight this extraordinary evil made it the most meaningful year of my life.

Since I�ve returned � and it�s been almost six years � I haven�t stopped talking about the nature of the jihadist enemy. I share the stories as much as I can (when the context is appropriate), yet I continue to be discouraged by how few Americans � and especially how few of my friends on the left � truly understand (or even try to understand) what the world faces. So they react in outrage when Israel strikes at Hamas, use the collapse in Iraq to once again score political points against President Bush, and use words like �irresponsible� to describe actions like launching rockets at civilians while hiding behind civilian human shields.

and this;

A Kentucky native, David is a 1994 graduate (cum laude) of Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts and a 1991 graduate (summa cum laude, valedictorian) of Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee.

David French is a lawyer, writer, soldier, and veteran of the Iraq war. He is Senior Counsel at the American Center for Law and Justice.

and here's a very good article of his;

http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-Resources/How-Pervasive-Is-the-Threat-of-Political-Islam-David-French-06-06-2011

don't knock it before you've read it.  It is a very balanced article.

and the American Center for Law and Justice are fighting for good causes... they were largely responsible for the freeing of Miriam Ibrihim, which is how I happen to know of them.

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 9:54am

True evil

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 11:33am
from an article I was reading and my resposnses.

Questions to ask myself before I publicly wonder whether Muslims condemn terrorism:

1) Do I know any Muslims in real life that I can ask?
This is why I come to islamic forums.

2) Am I actually following any Muslim activists, scholars or leaders on social media outlets?

3) Am I assuming that if Muslims are not condemning violence done by other Muslims 24/7 in the medium that I personally follow, so that I can see it when I check into FB or Twitter at a time convenient for me, then that means Muslims support terrorism and are inherently violent people because of their religion?

4) When I meet a person of a different faith is my immediate assumption, �This person is Catholic, he must be a child molester� or �This Jewish woman hates all Muslim children and wants them to be bombed� or �This person is a Christian, he must want to steal the money of gullible old white ladies who think the Rapture is imminent?� Or is my assumption when I meet people is that they believe all these things are abhorrent and that we share these basic values?
Yes, prior to 9/11 people did just go blissfully along accepting people into their countries, believing that all human beings share common core values... 9/11 changed all that.  Seeing young muslims going to join the barbarian forces changes that.  Now people do not trust islam and its adherents.

5) If some people of a faith tradition have committed criminal acts, even if they claim it�s done in God�s name, does it automatically mean that every person of that faith tradition supports crime?
No.  But it causes me to take a look at what their faith teaches, and to seek out the people to ask them how they interpret their faith.

6) This Hindtrospectives blogger sure sounds mad. She claims that Muslims have been condemning all kinds of Muslim terrorism for over at least over a decade on every medium available to them. Is it up to me to find these condemnations, or is it up to them to make sure I see the thousands of condemnations they�ve issued in the past?
Both.

7) Do I know what a search engine is? If so, I wonder what will come up when I type �Muslims condemning terrorism?�
I plan to do that next.

Was that too snarky? Oops, sorry. Here�s a make-up present for you � Sunni and Shia British imams denouncing ISIS together. That clip has less than 40,000 views � can we work together to change that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKjAt6lIlgY

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 11:51am

I had no idea who David French is, but I looked him up and found this:

David is a Senior Counsel at the American Center for Law and Justice. A graduate of Harvard Law School, he is a former Senior Counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund, and a past president of the Foundation of Individual Rights in Education. He has taught at Cornell Law School and served as a commercial litigation partner in the firm of Greenebaum, Doll & McDonald. His legal practice is concentrated on constitutional law and the international law of armed conflict, and he is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. David is the author of multiple books, including Home and Away: A Story of Family in a Time of War and A Season for Justice: Defending the Rights of the Christian Home, Church, and School. David is a regular contributor to National Review Online, a columnist for Patheos, and he has written numerous op-eds and articles, including pieces in the Washington Post, Washington Times, Human Events, Townhall, New York Post, New York Daily News, Boston Herald, and Philadelphia Daily News. Regularly interviewed by both print and broadcast media, David has appeared on ABC World News Tonight, The O�Reilly Factor, CNN Newsroom, The Fox Report with Shepard Smith, and Special Report with Brit Hume, among others. A regular guest on talk radio programs, David has been interviewed on National Public Radio and by numerous hosts, including Michael Medved, Hugh Hewitt, Laura Ingraham, Dennis Prager, James Dobson, and Michael Reagan. David has guest-hosted a number of radio programs, including the Hugh Hewitt Show. David is the 2012 recipient of the American Conservative Union�s Ronald Reagan Award. David is also a Captain in the United States Army Reserve, joining the USAR in April, 2006. He currently serves as Brigade Judge Advocate for the 1st Brigade, 104th Division. From October 2007 to September 2008 CPT French served as Squadron Judge Advocate for the 2d Squadron, 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment in Diyala Province, Iraq, where he was awarded the Bronze Star.

and this;

When I came home from Iraq in 2008, friends frequently asked me what I learned �most� from the experience. That�s a tough question to answer, and it depends greatly on context. I learned many things about my faith, my family, and my country, but if the question relates to the war itself, I�d tend to say something like this: �I learned the enemy is more evil than you can imagine, and I learned that a deployment is more difficult than you can imagine.� But while the deployment was the hardest thing I�ve ever done, the chance to play a very small part (surrounded by a band of brothers) to fight this extraordinary evil made it the most meaningful year of my life.

Since I�ve returned � and it�s been almost six years � I haven�t stopped talking about the nature of the jihadist enemy. I share the stories as much as I can (when the context is appropriate), yet I continue to be discouraged by how few Americans � and especially how few of my friends on the left � truly understand (or even try to understand) what the world faces. So they react in outrage when Israel strikes at Hamas, use the collapse in Iraq to once again score political points against President Bush, and use words like �irresponsible� to describe actions like launching rockets at civilians while hiding behind civilian human shields.

and this;

A Kentucky native, David is a 1994 graduate (cum laude) of Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts and a 1991 graduate (summa cum laude, valedictorian) of Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee.

David French is a lawyer, writer, soldier, and veteran of the Iraq war. He is Senior Counsel at the American Center for Law and Justice.

and here's a very good article of his;

http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-Resources/How-Pervasive-Is-the-Threat-of-Political-Islam-David-French-06-06-2011

don't knock it before you've read it.  It is a very balanced article.

and the American Center for Law and Justice are fighting for good causes... they were largely responsible for the freeing of Miriam Ibrihim, which is how I happen to know of them.

LOL We see here more proof of where you get your information from and how poor your research skills are.  Your prejudice and propaganda are only going to fool people like yourself, who think at an elementary school level.

First, you made a pathetic appeal to authority in your defense of Mr. David French.  Not only did you not answer my question as to where he got his information from about "thousands" of Muslims joining ISIS, but you instead pontificated on his supposed credentials such as his education. Whether he graduated "cum laude" does not answer the question.  Big%20smile

And as for the "American Center for Law Justice", anyone who actually bothers to research this organization will quickly learn of its ties to right-wing Christian fundamentalists.  Here are some facts:

1.  The ACLJ was established in 1990 by...(drum roll, please)...Pat Robertson.  Yes, you read that right.  It was founded by Pat Robertson, the crazy fundamentalist host of the 700 Club!  [ http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/american-center-law-justice - http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/american-center-law-justice ]

2.  The Southern Poverty Law Center, a well-respected organization (as opposed to the ACLJ),  has noted that the ACLJ has been instrumental in spreading the "Creeping Shariah" conspiracies and is a driving force behind the recent moves to pass legislation to ban the practice of Sharia Law.  The SPLC states:

"Voters in other states may soon have to decide where they stand on the question of forbidding their judges to consider to Shariah law. Lawmakers in at least six states � Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, South Carolina, Tennessee and Utah � made campaign promises to introduce similar proposals. Legislators in Wyoming and Texas have already introduced anti-Shariah resolutions, and the conservative American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) has pledged its support to states that need help writing and defending anti-Shariah laws. Jordan Sekulow, director of ACLJ international operations (his father, Jay, is the group's chief counsel), is soliciting signatures for an online petition to ban Shariah law in U.S. courts. According to The Christian Century, Sekulow is also "advising" Oklahoma State Sen. Anthony Sykes, who co-authored and co-sponsored the resolution that became S.Q. 755.

While the ACLJ pursues its multi-platform anti-Muslim agenda, Awad also is fighting the battle on more than one front. In the court of law, he is on the offense. But in the court of public opinion, he must strike a careful balance between making his case against the law and being sensitive to the plight of his co-religionists across the state.

When Awad first came to Oklahoma, he believed that drawing attention to people spouting anti-Muslim vitriol would shame them into silence. But just a few months in the state have shattered that illusion, he told the Intelligence Report. "Some people," he said, "can't be shamed.""

[ http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2011/spring/oklahoma-shariah-law-ban-creates-controversy - http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2011/spring/oklahoma-shariah-law-ban-creates-controversy ]

3.  The SPLC also has noted that the ACLJ tends to cooperate with other extremist Christian organizations:

"Sponsors include SIOA, Gaffney�s Center for Security Policy, Joseph Farah�s far-right online publication World Net Daily (WND), and the ironically named Religious Freedom Coalition, which declares itself �dedicated to the equality of all mankind and the freedom of religious expression.� Among the co-sponsors are the http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/winter/the-hard-liners - Traditional Values Coalition (another http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/04/05/traditional-values-coalition-jumps-on-anti-shariah-bandwagon/ - relative newcomer to the anti-Shariah bandwagon that has long been listed by the SPLC as an anti-gay hate group); Pat Robertson�s American Center for Law and Justice, which has been active in pushing http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2011/spring/oklahoma-shariah-law-ban-creates-controversy - anti-Shariah legislation ; and http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2006/summer/passive-aggressive - Vision America , a network of �Patriot pastors and Patriot Partners� with a history of gay-bashing."

[ http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/10/26/the-crying-shariah-game/ - http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/10/26/the-crying-shariah-game/ ]

4.  The SPLC also noted that Mr. David French, the previously mentioned "valedictorian" (LOL) has spoken at events held by some of the above organizations.  This is how the SLPC described French's speech at one such event:

"Many of the speakers � particularly Americans who had spent time overseas, such as David French of the American Center for Law and Justice, who specified that the enemy is �jihadist Shariah� � stressed that there is a difference between radical Islam and law-abiding Muslims. Yet the overall message of the conference was that no Muslim who attends mosque can ever really be trusted."

[ http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/11/12/anti-muslim-activists-gather-in-tennessee-to-warn-of-shariah-takeover/ - http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/11/12/anti-muslim-activists-gather-in-tennessee-to-warn-of-shariah-takeover/ ]

So, as we can see, the "American Center for Law and Justice" is just a front-organization for Christian fundamentalist nut-jobs like Pat Robertson.  And since "Caringheart" seems to get most of her information about current events and Islam from such sources, there should be no doubt (if there still was any) about what her motivations are. She is here to spread the propaganda and lies of her fellow Christian fanatics. 

As the saying goes:

"A man (or in this case, a woman) is known by the company he/she keeps."

-------------

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 12:05pm
Too bad that these overlapped.

Questions to ask myself before I publicly wonder whether Muslims condemn terrorism:

2) Am I actually following any Muslim activists, scholars or leaders on social media outlets?

3) Am I assuming that if Muslims are not condemning violence done by other Muslims 24/7 in the medium that I personally follow, so that I can see it when I check into FB or Twitter at a time convenient for me, then that means Muslims support terrorism and are inherently violent people because of their religion?

4) When I meet a person of a different faith is my immediate assumption, �This person is Catholic, he must be a child molester� or �This Jewish woman hates all Muslim children and wants them to be bombed� or �This person is a Christian, he must want to steal the money of gullible old white ladies who think the Rapture is imminent?� Or is my assumption when I meet people is that they believe all these things are abhorrent and that we share these basic values?
Yes, prior to 9/11 people did just go blissfully along accepting people into their countries, believing that all human beings share common core values... 9/11 changed all that.  Seeing young muslims going to join the barbarian forces changes that.  Now people do not trust islam and its adherents.

5) If some people of a faith tradition have committed criminal acts, even if they claim it�s done in God�s name, does it automatically mean that every person of that faith tradition supports crime?
No.  But it causes me to take a look at what their faith teaches, and to seek out the people to ask them how they interpret their faith.

6) This Hindtrospectives blogger sure sounds mad. She claims that Muslims have been condemning all kinds of Muslim terrorism for over at least over a decade on every medium available to them. Is it up to me to find these condemnations, or is it up to them to make sure I see the thousands of condemnations they�ve issued in the past?
Both.

7) Do I know what a search engine is? If so, I wonder what will come up when I type �Muslims condemning terrorism?�
I plan to do that next.

Was that too snarky? Oops, sorry. Here�s a make-up present for you � Sunni and Shia British imams denouncing ISIS together. That clip has less than 40,000 views � can we work together to change that?

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 12:46pm

Too bad that these overlapped.

Both.

I plan to do that next.

Right, as if that changes anything about you.  Your answers to the questions show just how prejudiced and ignorant you are.  "I plan to do that next"?  You mean you haven't done it yet?  After all this time making bogus claims about Muslims "running" to join the "barbarians"?  After all the bogus references to right-wing Christian nut-jobs? Shocked 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 12:54pm
I am honest.
You accuse me of going to biased sources.  I think the above article shows that is untrue.
How much time do you have in your day?
and how much time do you dedicate to being fair?  to looking at both sides?
asalaam.

Your responses say alot about you.
Here, I wrote this earlier today;
You know what would convince me islamispeace?
If any muslim would try to forge a friendship with me rather than being rude and attacking.  That is why I came to the forums,
because I thought muslims would talk to me.  But I have found few who try to converse.  I find much attacking.  It is that which shows me the true heart. 
Any muslim who has reached out with politeness and civility, to explain and to increase understanding, has given me hope, but it has been far outweighed by those who are hostile, rude, and attacking.  This does not convince me that I can live well with muslims.

Just like Yshwe's words;
'you will know those that are mine by their fruit'

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 1:06pm

I am honest.
You accuse me of going to biased sources.  I think the above article shows that is untrue.
How much time do you have in your day?
and how much time do you dedicate to being fair?  to looking at both sides?
asalaam.

Here, I wrote this earlier today;
You know what would convince me islamispeace?
If any muslim would try to forge a friendship with me rather than being rude and attacking.  That is why I came to the forums,
because I thought muslims would talk to me.  But I have found few who try to converse.  I find much attacking.  It is that which shows me the true heart. 
Any muslim who has reached out with politeness and civility, to explain and to increase understanding, has given me hope, but it has been far outweighed by those who are hostile, rude, and attacking.  This does not convince me that I can live well with muslims.

Just like Yshwe's words;
'you will know those that are mine by their fruit'

No one wants to be "friends" with a phony.  Sorry, that is just the way it is.  If I wanted to hear mindless droning, I would befriend an air-conditioner.  Wink

You have brought the ridicule on yourself.  I have said this many times already.  You pretend to be interested in learning but most of your posts show the exact opposite. 

And I certainly don't care what you think about Muslims.  You can think what you want.  But when you try to spread misinformation about Islam and Muslims, you can expect a fitting response. 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 1:39pm

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 1:43pm

And your lack of substantive responses says a lot about you. 

-------------

Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 02 October 2014 at 3:42am

It starts with using the word infidel, claiming absolute truth, and it ends with establishing an "Islamic State ISIL".

Nip it in the bud.

Use appropriate non-violent language. Reject moderate Islamism too.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net