IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - obligation for Muslims to condemn the extremists  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

obligation for Muslims to condemn the extremists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

What then, explains muslims from U.S. and Canada going to join these savages?

I say the origins of savagery are obvious... the influence of evil on the minds of men... satan active and alive in the world.

If anyone needed proof of a devil this would be it.

This is why we must be very careful in how we discern what is from God... in discerning good from evil...
and we should not base this on what religion a person follows... but on the actions of the individual. 

This is what I have been here to say from the beginning.

Satan is a great deceiver and will seek to turn good people against one another just to destroy the creation.  We must be able to see the good in people, and to recognize when evil guides others... each seen as an individual unto himself and for his own individual actions.

The good must come together to resist the power of the devil.
Yshwe on earth will be when all good people come together to stop allowing satan to cause divisions and dissentions among them.  This is how satan will be defeated... when the good of the creation decides to come together to save itself.

asalaam,
Caringheart

Caringheart,

Satan is defeated. Just look again. He and his troops are just wailing today.
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

What then, explains muslims from U.S. and Canada going to join these savages?I say the origins of savagery are obvious... the influence of evil on the minds of men... satan active and alive in the world.If anyone needed proof of a devil this would be it.This is why we must be very careful in how we discern what is from God... in discerning good from evil...and we should not base this on what religion a person follows... but on the actions of the individual.  This is what I have been here to say from the beginning.Satan is a great deceiver and will seek to turn good people against one another just to destroy the creation.  We must be able to see the good in people, and to recognize when evil guides others... each seen as an individual unto himself and for his own individual actions.The good must come together to resist the power of the devil.Yshwe on earth will be when all good people come together to stop allowing satan to cause divisions and dissentions among them.  This is how satan will be defeated... when the good of the creation decides to come together to save itself.asalaam,Caringheart

You've been talking nonsense from the start.

All Muslims are told by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala that everyone will be tested. This is another test. You will not understand this unless you are a Muslim.

Abu Loren,

This is no test. It is evil.
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

As Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria butcher thousands of �infidels� and carry off their women and children into slavery, many in the West are inclined to see this as an unique outcrop of Islamic fundamentalism. Yet after overrunning a Bosnian town on 11th July 1995, Bosnian Serb � ostensibly Christian � forces, cold-bloodedly massacred 8,000 Bosnian Muslims at Srebrenica. Hutu genocide of Tutsi in Rwanda, Khmer Rouge mass-murder of Cambodian city-dwellers, Nazi genocide of Jews, Gypsies and the disabled�. the list of savagery is as long as it is profoundly depressing.

How many of these atrocities were committed explicitly in the name of religion?  Yes, religion was often involved as a means to an end, but it played a minor role at best.  The main goal was usually ethnic or political or social.

I'm not sure that this discussion is asking the right question.  Most Muslims already condemn extremism, at least verbally.  I would rather ask about the obligation of Muslims to do something about those who commit atrocities in the name of Islam.  They complain bitterly when Western powers intervene in their affairs, and often retaliate against the Westerners; but if they won't look after their own issues, what other choice do we have?

I remember a rather chilling discussion on this board a few years ago, when a Muslim asked whether other Muslims would ever align themselves with non-Muslims in a conflict against "fellow Muslims", even if the Muslims were clearly in the wrong.  I was shocked at the number of Muslims who declared that they could never do that.  I think that is the heart of the problem.

In all Muslim countries the law is there to reprimand extremism. They are hunted down by every Muslim authorities.

Let me stress the responsibility of the non-muslims, the Christians and the Jews to accept the prophethood of Muhammad (saw). He is a holy and a heavenly man. He is the last prophet, completing the cycle of prophethood. So the Christians and the Jews have this responsibility. Let them show the example to the Muslims themselves. Let them devote themselves to Muhammad (saw) without any extremism. This is an honourable message to extremists.

Edited by Muslim75 - 23 August 2014 at 1:34pm
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2014 at 1:26pm

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

There must be something wrong with ISLAM if young people are being indoctrinated into hate and violence against non Mulsims.

I think Muslims need a heightened awareness of the "narrative" our youth are exposed (indoctrinated by) to from some segments of our community. A case in point is your signature line: "In Dar Ul Kuffar (UK)"

This is not excusable, from my perspective, on the ground of youth. In Islam, your sins are written as soon as you reach puberty. This may be before the age of 10. Young people make mistake, but surely this is not that kind of mistake.
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 3:10am
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

As Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria butcher thousands of �infidels� and carry off their women and children into slavery, many in the West are inclined to see this as an unique outcrop of Islamic fundamentalism. Yet after overrunning a Bosnian town on 11th July 1995, Bosnian Serb � ostensibly Christian � forces, cold-bloodedly massacred 8,000 Bosnian Muslims at Srebrenica. Hutu genocide of Tutsi in Rwanda, Khmer Rouge mass-murder of Cambodian city-dwellers, Nazi genocide of Jews, Gypsies and the disabled�. the list of savagery is as long as it is profoundly depressing.

How many of these atrocities were committed explicitly in the name of religion?  Yes, religion was often involved as a means to an end, but it played a minor role at best.  The main goal was usually ethnic or political or social.

I'm not sure that this discussion is asking the right question.  Most Muslims already condemn extremism, at least verbally.  I would rather ask about the obligation of Muslims to do something about those who commit atrocities in the name of Islam.  They complain bitterly when Western powers intervene in their affairs, and often retaliate against the Westerners; but if they won't look after their own issues, what other choice do we have?

I remember a rather chilling discussion on this board a few years ago, when a Muslim asked whether other Muslims would ever align themselves with non-Muslims in a conflict against "fellow Muslims", even if the Muslims were clearly in the wrong.  I was shocked at the number of Muslims who declared that they could never do that.  I think that is the heart of the problem.

No, the "heart of the problem" is that the "western powers" have often been instrumental in allowing the extremist organizations to wreak havoc in Muslim countries.  There are numerous examples.  Who armed and trained Al-Qaeda to fight the Soviets and then left Afghanistan to the extremists?  Who is providing support to terrorist organizations like the MEK in Iran? 

And who is to blame for creating the current mess in Iraq?  Before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, there was no Al-Qaeda in Iraq or ISIS.  Sure, Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator, but guess who armed him in the 1980s?  He gassed his own people.  Guess who gave him those chemical weapons? 

Ultimately, Muslims will have to deal with the extremist fringe, but that can only happen when the western powers and their puppet rulers are removed from the scene.  Their presence only adds fuel to the fire.

If I may, whatever the truth and whatever the error in your statement, there remains the necessity for the Muslims at large to practise Islam whole-heartedly.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 9:15pm
and yet it is only muslims that we see running to join this murderous bunch....

have we seen Christians, atheists, Buddhists, or anyone else behave in this manner?
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 7:16am

have we seen Christians, atheists, Buddhists, or anyone else behave in this manner?

What a shocking level of ignorance! Shocked

Have you been paying attention to the violence in the Central African Republic?  Myanmar?  Sri Lanka?
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 10:43am
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

What a shocking level of ignorance! Shocked

Have you been paying attention to the violence in the Central African Republic?  Myanmar?  Sri Lanka?

Hi islamispeace,

Do we see Christians, atheists, or Buddhists, running to join in those conflicts?

asalaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic