IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sudan - Meriam Yehya Ibrahim Ishag  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sudan - Meriam Yehya Ibrahim Ishag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

The world has gone MAD!

I just wish that these people would look into her background without condemning her as acting as judge, jury and executioner.

Even if she was a practicing Muslim woman there is no evidence in the Qur'an or the Sunnah that a person who leaves Islam should be killed. They rely on a 'weak' Hadith which is not enough to take the life of another human being.

Greetings Abu Loren,

Glad to know that you feel as I do.
asalaam,
CH
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 2:36am
The world has gone MAD!

I just wish that these people would look into her background without condemning her as acting as judge, jury and executioner.

Even if she was a practicing Muslim woman there is no evidence in the Qur'an or the Sunnah that a person who leaves Islam should be killed. They rely on a 'weak' Hadith which is not enough to take the life of another human being.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 11:03pm
Sentenced to hang for apostasy.

I would like to hear what muslims here say about this.

Is it right for this woman to be killed... for her children to be deprived of their mother... for a legitimate, dedicated, devoted, husband and father, to be deprived of his wife and his children?
She is Sudanese, and is only following the religion she was raised in. Her mother is a Christian, her father a Muslim, but was absent for most of her life.

"Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, 27, was born to a Muslim father but was raised a Christian by her mother after he walked out on the family when she was just six years old. 

but because her father was a muslim...

She was sentenced to hang for apostasy after marrying a Christian man and is also sentenced to receive 100 lashes for adultery because the court will not recognize her marriage to a Christian man from South Sudan due to Islamic law.

The 27-year-old, who is heavily pregnant, was given three days to recant her faith but refused, after which the court in Khartoum upheld her conviction.  "

Father walked out, so why should his religion of choice, or birth, play any part, exert any right or claim over this adult child?

This woman is a physician, someone who contributes good to the community.  Her husband is a physician... also contributes good to the community.
Does it make sense for her to be killed for such reasons?
Is this islam?
If it is not islam as you know it and support it, then what must be done to change things?
Do you support such actions?
Does it make sense to support such actions?

Shukran and salaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 28 May 2014 at 3:35pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic