IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I’m so tired of TV  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I’m so tired of TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 2:45pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Angela first of all im not talking about americans but american soldiers ie combatants. if an american soldier is in muslim land as an occupier forcing thier beliefs upon us we are allowed to fight them and defend our lands and our beliefs.

suacide is not an islamic option for combat, if you knew the basics of islam you would know that. I am talking to a muslim brother therefor i am assuming he knows some basic points about our religion like the impermisability of killing civilians.

Fatwa on those who kill Civilians
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 6:02pm
I'm so tired of TV, well don't watch it, simple
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

if these people were truly sincre they would find other ways of fighting and there are plenty of ways to kill and fight the Americans but suacide is there weapon of choice.

So, uh, I imagined this comment Rami????  You said Americans, not soldiers.  And we are in Iraq because of the attacks that started on our soil.  Vengance is ugly.  You cannot say that the "insurgency" is even the slightest bit validated when they are bombing mosques and killing civilians.  Fatwas can be issued all they want, but when you post on a site like this and don't pick your words carefully, some kid gets the idea its okay to kill Americans and doesn't differentiate between civilian and combatant.  We all become combatants.  Where is the line drawn when you make all Amercians out to be evil????

Where does it stop?  It wont with people making post after post calling for Israel to be wiped off the map or Americans to be killed.

My solution.  Evacuate the Holy Land and raise it to the ground.  It belongs to God anyway, give it back to him.  Salt the land and let no one live there.  We all certainly do not deserve the place where Heaven and Earth collide when we foul it with the blood of innocents.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 9:16pm

Actually Americans & Westerners from the long before have been started the electronic media war against Islam & Muslim in which they always tried to show that Muslim are terrorist & their religious teach like that.

Mohammed not a smart comment...To generalize a population which not all agree on the event is ignorant. No wonder there is stigma among human cultures because people always assert generalization which are not logical. Mihammad from one Muslim brother to another if you ever read anything of historical value you'd know the stigmitization of Islam came from the early Europeans when the Cusades happened not America, please read up on history

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 1:26am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Angela my reply was self explanitory, my original post was not directed to you and certain simple asumptions where made which you can not understand becouse you are not a muslim.

I have clarified my self and openly posted legal rulings against killing civilians so yes your are deluded if you think i meant people can take american civilians as combatants by the mere change of a term.

You cannot say that the "insurgency" is even the slightest bit validated when they are bombing mosques and killing civilians

you have already shown you have misunderstood a number of posts based on your cultural/religious background, the above comments are just plain ignorance if you think i was even talking about that.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 6:07am
Angela, when did Iraq ever attack u.s. soil? Are you serious? This whole story of the bush administration is falling apart and when the truth comes out won't you feel a little silly for beleiving it? You really had me up until that silly comment.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 6:37am

Bismillah,

Angela, I know you didn't mean really to take away my kid's land and destroy it.  The small piece of land that belongs to my father-in-law is partly theirs.  They are second generation Phalastinee/American. 

The Palestinians, Jewish, Christians, and Muslims were living in relative peace there until the Zionist intrusion backed by the British, came and took over.  Just as you mourn Ben, and most of us do care about his story, I am saddened for all of the people who live in these hardships caused by greed.  The Zionists stole something and that is why Phalasteen is called an occupied land.

It is a real place with real families and people who suffer every day.  My mother-in-law's village was wiped out and the farmland taken.  They lived in tents for years.  Any Jew can go there, but my father-in-law cannot go and live on the small piece of land he owns because they will only give him a visitor's pass when he is lucky. He would really like to die and be buried where he lived most of his life instead of a foreign country.

Aisha, If you're tired of tv, by the way, how tired must the people be who live and suffer each day without adequate food, water, basic medical care.  Suicide bombers are wrong.  The people who convince the angry kids to do these things are evil.  However, oppression always breeds rebellion and violence.

So you need to know what's going on in the world, but don't stress yourself out too much.  You have the luxury of stepping away from the situation and taking a breath.  So do I, of course.  When all of the violence we see gets us too depressed, we can look away for a while.  It is because we are humans and weak.  It is okay to take a break to strengthen our hearts.  There are stories of Allah, SWT's Mercy and Forgiveness all over the world too.  Enjoy the beauty Allah, SWT, has provided!  Breathe in the peace of the sunrise and the serenity of the sunset.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 7:43am

I'm saying I'm tired of fighting over land that doesn't belong to anyone.  The Jews had it first, then the Romans took it, then various tribes and others, then the Muslims, then the Crusades happened and ever since there has been nothing but insanity.  Christians killing Muslims and Jews, Muslims killing Christains and Jews.  I'm getting tired of hearing who the city belongs to, frankly.  I'm in favor of a Palestinian state, but bombing the hades out of innocent settlers is not the way to do it.  Many of the original Jews were fleeing the persecutions of the Holocaust.  Probably many of them or ignorant of what was happening to the Palestinians. 

I'll admit, my comment on salting the Earth was a little over the top.  I was trying to stress a point, that with the constant fighting over who's land it is, people are forgeting who it really belongs to.  I frankly could careless.  Jerusalem for me is not important for the future.  Certainly not worth loosing friends and family over. 

Rami, perhaps I don't understand.  Maybe that's why after briefly toying with conversion I realized I could never change.  I could never look at what those men are doing and think it was okay.  Many of the other christian churches have done the same, that is why I belong to the church I do.

(I still don't agree with the Iraqi war, but I look at it like this.  Two boys are playing in the woods.  They come across a beehive and one boy wants to throw rocks at it.  The other boy doesn't want anything to do with it.  But, when the first boy throws the stone, the bees exit angry and in a frenzy.  They sting and attack to defend their home.  Did the second boy throw the stone?  No, he is stung anyway because he was playing with the boy who did.  Iraq was the second boy, he did not throw the stone, but sadly, they got the reprisal with Afghanistan.)

Anyway, before anyone responds to this.  Please go to my topic I'll be creating in General Discussions called Taking Time Off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic