Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2882
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 9:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I’m so tired of TV
Posted By: aishag88
Subject: I’m so tired of TV
Date Posted: 06 November 2005 at 7:33pm

I'm so tired of hearing how bad Islam is, how horrible muslims are...

The suicide bombing, the killing of Muslim and kafrs. All in the name Of Islam...Is this what we are reduced too?

It's all Haraam.

Its makes me wish the Day of Jugdement will come soon...

Ya Allah! What A scary thought; I am not prepared for the Day of Jugdement.

Replies:
Posted By: mohammad
Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 12:58am

dear Aslamualikum,

Actually Americans & Westerners from the long before have been started the electronic media war against Islam & Muslim in which they always tried to show that Muslim are terrorist & their religious teach like that.

This is the war which are wrongly started by the electronic media, and showing the only one side picture.

You will not watch any thing against the American & her ally cruelty. What they did & still doing in Afghanistan & Iraq. Just I give you one example before around 15 days ago two Taliban bodies was set to fire by Americans, But I do not think that any westerners or American TV channel play or relay any thing about this. What was happen with jail prisoners? Are they not terrorist? Or their religious preach like this.

Quote   "The suicide bombing, the killing of Muslim and kafrs. All in the name Of Islam...Is this what we are reduced too?

It's all Haraam."

I don't want to go in debate whether suicide attacks are right or wrong. But just imagine suicide attack is not easier for any person that tie the bomb with his body and go for suicide, so firstly he will pay his life than other. In the world life is the most lovely as compare to any other. If a person pays his or her life what do you think it is without any reasoning. If you will see the other side of the picture, you will find a heartbreaking stories of these suicide bomber, which were creating by the world powers.

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 4:18am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Suacide attacks are Haram, there is no major scholar on this earth who hasnt condemed them.

Do you think killing someone becouse you want to avenge your family is permisable in Islam, even if the persons family was massacred you can not take things into your own hands.

How bad the crime is does not make revenge any less haram.

rasul allah (sallh llahua alaihi wa sallam) said at the end of time there will be people in my community who will call people to hell.

he didnt say to fitnah but directly to hell, i believe the people who call these youths to commit these acts are those people. there is no other act in islam which will take you directly to hell except suicide, you have no chance for repentance once you commit it.

the first person to go to hell on the day of judgment is the person who thought he was doing jihad for the sake of Allah but in reality he was doing for other reasons like Fame, you can not judge the persons intention so do not glorify or sympathise with them.

if these people were truly sincre they would find other ways of fighting and there are plenty of ways to kill and fight the Americans but suacide is there weapon of choice.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 10:56am

Bismillah,

Dear Aisha, I prefer to just realize that judgment day will come when it does.  And the one clue I've heard that I really like is that the sun will rise in the west instead of the east.  Now, that's going to be hard to miss!

Every day I deal with this impact on my kids.  It's harder when it effects little innocent kids.  How many times have my kids been called OBL or SH on the playground?  And what did the teachers or principal do about it?  They underplay it if they acknowledge it at all.

Rami, Thanks for your comment against suicide bombers.  I always think of the story of an 18 year old Palestinian who blew up another girl of similar age Jewish Israeli outside a restaurant.  This Israeli girl was pro-Palestinian, an activist for the other girl's cause!  Two futile deaths that caused nothing but misery for both families and took away two beautiful lives from this earth and their loving families.  And the Israeli girl's family hates Palestinians now.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: aishag88
Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:31am

Salaam,

Mohammad, no matter what there life story. It does not change the fact that sudicde is one of the 7 major sins in Islam.

Posted By: Alwardah
Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 12:59pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Insha Allah everyone is well.

Suicide bombings is Haram although there are some scholars giving Fatawa contradictory to this; but so is killing and raping innocent women and children on a daily bases. The point we are missing, I think, why is the media full of the one and there is no mention of the other.

We must remember that Islamic scholars in the early days give to the west the foundations of science and technology, they were the MASTERS, unfortunately today we have become the slaves of the west, we grab all the crumbs they throw at us, even thought we know that this is harmful for us; both for this world and attaining Paradise. So let's not blame the west for our own greed to follow them and by doing so we left the teachings of the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah.

They have a master plan to destroy Islam. Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala warns us many times in the Glorious Qur'an. Do we take heed? NO!

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala says don't take the Christians and Jews as friends/protector in Surah Al-Ma'idah 5 Ayah 51 and 52 but we disobey.

The onus is on us to return to our roots so that once again we can become the masters and not be slaves. Yes We will become slaves of Allah, His loved ones. Then we will fear only HIM and fight the way the Sahabahs did.

Alhamdulillah despite the negative portrayal of Islam in the media, more and more people are researching, enquiring and reading about Islam and many are eventually joining the Ummah of the Last Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam).

Wa Alaikum Salam 

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 2:03pm
I think you are missing the point. Islam is the enemy of the west so to say for know. But it has been different at all times. When I was a kid in the late 70's and 80's we were TERRIFIED of the soviet union. We lived in fear of being nuked. Before that it was vietnam, korea, japan ect ect. Does anyone here get the picture? The usa will soon start to demonize China because they are becoming way too powerful. It is only when all of the poorer nations of the world stick together and help one another, getting rid of thier corrupt leaders that any progress will be made. And Muslims must set a better example of who they are. Sorry to say that some muslim women and children in the world are treated badly and not enough of thier own people defend them. This gives muslims a bad image. I allways hear people saying we need to stop the slaughter of innocent muslims and the raping of women by the Kaffirs. But how about when a muslim woman is killed by her husband, or raped by her uncle? In most countries nothing much is done....

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 2:25pm

So Rami, Killing is okay, but suicide is not? 

I have a name for you Ben Blutstein.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2002/7/Terrorist%20bombing%20at%20Hebrew%20University%20cafeteria%20 - http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2002/7/Terror ist%20bombing%20at%20Hebrew%20University%20cafeteria%20 -

Let me tell you about Ben.  He was a good guy.  He loved to joke, play music and have fun.  He wanted to be a teacher.  He was 25 and a friend of mine.  He was active with the Jewish students at our college, but he never looked down on anyone because of their faith.  There was no suicide bomber, [moderator edited]

Maybe if you had a face to look at every time you say to fight and kill the Americans.  You can pull up his picture and look at his face.  I have to hear the weeping of his girlfriend and family at the funeral.  I have to remember seeing that box and not being able to believe he was in it.  You sir, need to rethink your views on what is Haram and what is not. 

Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 2:45pm

Angela first of all im not talking about americans but american soldiers ie combatants. if an american soldier is in muslim land as an occupier forcing thier beliefs upon us we are allowed to fight them and defend our lands and our beliefs.

suacide is not an islamic option for combat, if you knew the basics of islam you would know that. I am talking to a muslim brother therefor i am assuming he knows some basic points about our religion like the impermisability of killing civilians.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2296&PN=1 - - Fatwa on those who kill Civilians

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 6:02pm
I'm so tired of TV, well don't watch it, simple

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

if these people were truly sincre they would find other ways of fighting and there are plenty of ways to kill and fight the Americans but suacide is there weapon of choice.

So, uh, I imagined this comment Rami????  You said Americans, not soldiers.  And we are in Iraq because of the attacks that started on our soil.  Vengance is ugly.  You cannot say that the "insurgency" is even the slightest bit validated when they are bombing mosques and killing civilians.  Fatwas can be issued all they want, but when you post on a site like this and don't pick your words carefully, some kid gets the idea its okay to kill Americans and doesn't differentiate between civilian and combatant.  We all become combatants.  Where is the line drawn when you make all Amercians out to be evil????

Where does it stop?  It wont with people making post after post calling for Israel to be wiped off the map or Americans to be killed.

My solution.  Evacuate the Holy Land and raise it to the ground.  It belongs to God anyway, give it back to him.  Salt the land and let no one live there.  We all certainly do not deserve the place where Heaven and Earth collide when we foul it with the blood of innocents.

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 9:16pm

Actually Americans & Westerners from the long before have been started the electronic media war against Islam & Muslim in which they always tried to show that Muslim are terrorist & their religious teach like that.

Mohammed not a smart comment...To generalize a population which not all agree on the event is ignorant. No wonder there is stigma among human cultures because people always assert generalization which are not logical. Mihammad from one Muslim brother to another if you ever read anything of historical value you'd know the stigmitization of Islam came from the early Europeans when the Cusades happened not America, please read up on history

Date Posted: 08 November 2005 at 1:26am

Angela my reply was self explanitory, my original post was not directed to you and certain simple asumptions where made which you can not understand becouse you are not a muslim.

I have clarified my self and openly posted legal rulings against killing civilians so yes your are deluded if you think i meant people can take american civilians as combatants by the mere change of a term.

You cannot say that the "insurgency" is even the slightest bit validated when they are bombing mosques and killing civilians

you have already shown you have misunderstood a number of posts based on your cultural/religious background, the above comments are just plain ignorance if you think i was even talking about that.

-------------

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 08 November 2005 at 6:07am
Angela, when did Iraq ever attack u.s. soil? Are you serious? This whole story of the bush administration is falling apart and when the truth comes out won't you feel a little silly for beleiving it? You really had me up until that silly comment.

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 08 November 2005 at 6:37am

Bismillah,

Angela, I know you didn't mean really to take away my kid's land and destroy it.  The small piece of land that belongs to my father-in-law is partly theirs.  They are second generation Phalastinee/American. 

The Palestinians, Jewish, Christians, and Muslims were living in relative peace there until the Zionist intrusion backed by the British, came and took over.  Just as you mourn Ben, and most of us do care about his story, I am saddened for all of the people who live in these hardships caused by greed.  The Zionists stole something and that is why Phalasteen is called an occupied land.

It is a real place with real families and people who suffer every day.  My mother-in-law's village was wiped out and the farmland taken.  They lived in tents for years.  Any Jew can go there, but my father-in-law cannot go and live on the small piece of land he owns because they will only give him a visitor's pass when he is lucky. He would really like to die and be buried where he lived most of his life instead of a foreign country.

Aisha, If you're tired of tv, by the way, how tired must the people be who live and suffer each day without adequate food, water, basic medical care.  Suicide bombers are wrong.  The people who convince the angry kids to do these things are evil.  However, oppression always breeds rebellion and violence.

So you need to know what's going on in the world, but don't stress yourself out too much.  You have the luxury of stepping away from the situation and taking a breath.  So do I, of course.  When all of the violence we see gets us too depressed, we can look away for a while.  It is because we are humans and weak.  It is okay to take a break to strengthen our hearts.  There are stories of Allah, SWT's Mercy and Forgiveness all over the world too.  Enjoy the beauty Allah, SWT, has provided!  Breathe in the peace of the sunrise and the serenity of the sunset.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 08 November 2005 at 7:43am

I'm saying I'm tired of fighting over land that doesn't belong to anyone.  The Jews had it first, then the Romans took it, then various tribes and others, then the Muslims, then the Crusades happened and ever since there has been nothing but insanity.  Christians killing Muslims and Jews, Muslims killing Christains and Jews.  I'm getting tired of hearing who the city belongs to, frankly.  I'm in favor of a Palestinian state, but bombing the hades out of innocent settlers is not the way to do it.  Many of the original Jews were fleeing the persecutions of the Holocaust.  Probably many of them or ignorant of what was happening to the Palestinians. 

I'll admit, my comment on salting the Earth was a little over the top.  I was trying to stress a point, that with the constant fighting over who's land it is, people are forgeting who it really belongs to.  I frankly could careless.  Jerusalem for me is not important for the future.  Certainly not worth loosing friends and family over. 

Rami, perhaps I don't understand.  Maybe that's why after briefly toying with conversion I realized I could never change.  I could never look at what those men are doing and think it was okay.  Many of the other christian churches have done the same, that is why I belong to the church I do.

(I still don't agree with the Iraqi war, but I look at it like this.  Two boys are playing in the woods.  They come across a beehive and one boy wants to throw rocks at it.  The other boy doesn't want anything to do with it.  But, when the first boy throws the stone, the bees exit angry and in a frenzy.  They sting and attack to defend their home.  Did the second boy throw the stone?  No, he is stung anyway because he was playing with the boy who did.  Iraq was the second boy, he did not throw the stone, but sadly, they got the reprisal with Afghanistan.)

Anyway, before anyone responds to this.  Please go to my topic I'll be creating in General Discussions called Taking Time Off.

Posted By: taylor158
Date Posted: 08 November 2005 at 6:15pm

My name is Taylor and i am new to this forum. I am from the United States and am here to learn what others think about the events happening in our world today. I am going to school to get my Communications Degree and i am learning a lot about the media and our problem with censorship. We did see the event about soldiers burning bodies and the news media told us that there will be an investigation. Today, the media in the US has a major problem. I think its the reason why Bush was elected a second term and also the reason why the Americans were tricked into thinking going to Iraq was for liberation. First we were told that they housed "weapons of mass distruction", which was a lie. If i didn't live in america i would wonder if i was safe from the us government when its own people aren't safe from it.

I look foreward to learning about everyones beleifs and culture, and i hope to learn about Islam. Thank you. Taylor Williams

-------------
taylor williams

Date Posted: 09 November 2005 at 12:21am
Salaam,

Mohammad, no matter what there life story. It does not change the fact that sudicde is one of the 7 major sins in Islam.

Aslamualikum

I am not advocating the suicide attacks; those are claims the un-faulted life. In my previous post I want to drew the all of yours attention that in lieu we debate on the this act that whether it is right or wrong. It is the responsibility of all of us that we try to find out the reasoning behind of this extreme act that is carrying out by anyone. Once when we approach those facts, then it will easier for the world peacemaker that they finish their deprivation to stop such type of life claiming act.

Date Posted: 09 November 2005 at 12:32am

Mohammed not a smart comment...To generalize a population which not all agree on the event is ignorant. No wonder there is stigma among human cultures because people always assert generalization which are not logical. Mihammad from one Muslim brother to another if you ever read anything of historical value you'd know the stigmitization of Islam came from the early Europeans when the Cusades happened not America, please read up on history

Israfil:    Just one question with you instead of given instructions as you did in your post.

Do you not agree the electronic media playing a vital (obviously which is under control of America & Westerners)  role to present the wrong face of the Muslim & Islam  in before the world.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net