IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anger  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anger
    Posted: 23 October 2005 at 2:11am

I need to get this off my chest.  A few Muslim women I've been meeting in university have married non-Muslim men.  I find it extremely hard to respect them.  Before Ramadan, I referred to one of them in an expletive.  A lot of my friends do not approve of the way I treat them.  I've also refused to help them on assignments and have deliberately not contacted them when doing group work.

I know it's not right to swear at people but I honeslty consider a Muslim woman marrying a Kafir a disgrace.  It insults me as a man and as a Muslim.  Are Muslim men not good enough for these women?  I also get insulted that these women are throwing away a religion that means so much to me just so they can be with some dirty kafir who most likely has a dubious past.  Cause lets be honest, most kafirs have had previous relations if you get my drift.  

Are these women considered Muslim?  Did those women forgo the title of Muslim by marrying a Kafir?  Am I correct in feeling contempt and hate for forgoing their belief in Allah for some stupid man? 

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 3:09am

Bismillah,

Are you right???  NO.

Find peace within yourself, AstagfirAllah.  There is enough pain and suffering in the world without you adding to it.

Many people will agree with you, I am sure.  It is not getting people's support that matters ultimately does it?  Do you think Allah, SWT, wants you to be filled with hatred for these women?  Wow, I have rarely met such women either.

This is the same hatred that American men and women feel toward me for marrying a Muslim and becoming a Muslimah.  It is hard to live with their racism, bigotry, social outcasting.  Brother, you are doing the same thing!  Think about how life is hard enough for everyone without putting rocks in front of each other on purpose.

And you need to have peace in your soul, not be eaten up with hatred.  How can you achieve that?  Answer that for yourself by listening to Allah, SWT.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 3:27am

As salamu alaikum,

I know it's not right to swear at people but I honeslty consider a Muslim woman marrying a Kafir a disgrace.  It insults me as a man and as a Muslim.

You shouldn't feel insulted.  They're wronging their own souls not yours.  Just pray for their hidaya in sha allah.

Are Muslim men not good enough for these women? 

Some muslim men aren't.    But I think these women are doing a lot worse getting kuffar.    Perhaps some of the brothers on campus could try converting the husbands of these sisters

Are these women considered Muslim?  Did those women forgo the title of Muslim by marrying a Kafir?

A muslim woman is not allowed to marry a kafir; however, I'm not sure doing so would make her kafir. 

Am I correct in feeling contempt and hate for forgoing their belief in Allah for some stupid man? 

Brother, they are your muslim sisters even when they are doing wrong.   Of course you shouldn't feel contempt or hate for them.    I'm sure you've told them what they've done is wrong.   That's your islamic duty.  You cannot change what they're doing with your hand, but you can speak out against it and hate it (the haram act not the sisters) in your heart.

Salaam

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 5:29am

Assalamu alaikum Brother unhappy,

There are Muslims who drink alcohol, gamble, go to night-clubs, dress in "western clothing", don't always say their 5 salat each day, don't always fast in Ramadan, never give to charity, engage in usury, use foul language (yourself included?), and so on and so on...

Would you hate all of them as well?  Brother, hate the sin, but do not allow yourself to hate the sinner.  Say when something is wrong, it is your duty, but then let it go.  We are not the judges of one another, that is only Allah's job.

Also, your assumptions about "kafirs" are only that, assumptions.  There are good and bad human beings among all peoples.  You might also remember what "kafir" means, someone who has received the correct message of Allah and then rejected it, this hardly accounts for all "westerners".

Pay particular attention to herjihad's post (Oct. 23), the second last paragraph.  I, too, am a convert and understand the intense hurt the rejection of my family and countrymen has caused me.  What good person would wish to inflict that on anyone?

Brother, may Allah grant you tolerance, inner peace and an open mind.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Unhappy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 12:35pm

As far as I see it, a woman who marries a kafir does not have her marriage sactioned by Islam.  Therefore, her marriage is null and void.  She is a fornicator and should be treated as such.  I sin myself, everyone does.  But at least I admit what I am doing is wrong.  Women who marry kafirs don't and infact whenever they lie with their husbands they commit a sin.  Fornication is a very great sin.

Furthermore, as for you women who converted to Islam and are treated like dirt by Americans.  I feel bad for your plight, however, know that you are in the right and those around you are in the wrong.  You have rejected the sinful life of a kafir for the beauty of Islam and I hold you in much higher estimation than the so-called Muslim women who marry kafirs and do the opposite of what you do.  It's not fair to place me in the same category as those people who frown upon your conversion because Islam is the right path.  That is an absolute.

As for my assumptions about Kafirs, I think I'm pretty correct in them.  People hate to generalize ideas and end up having no opinions on anything.  The fact of the matter is that most non-Muslims have had relations before marriage.  I believe in North America, 96% of people graduating out of high school have lost their virginity.  I guarantee most of those people are not married by that time.  Are these the type of people, Muslim women should marry?

Furthermore as for the definition of Kafir:  A person who rejects Islam when presented to it.  Okay I will agree with that definition.  But what do you call a man who marries a Muslim woman, who I am certain has been introduced to the idea of Islam and despite that still decides to be a non-Muslim?  A kafir!

As for being consumed with hatred.  Hatred is not an evil thought if it is directed in the right manner.  Christian ideologies consider hate as evil, but it is really not.  That's why Islam is better because it allows the Muslim acknowledge the gamut of human emotions and to respond to them in an Islamic fashion.  Arguments that I am consumed with hate have no bearing on me because this isn't a Sunday school lecture or an episode of the Carebears... this is real life. 

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 2:07pm
Unhappy-If you are living in canada, a secular country and attending university than you need to leave your contempt for these women aside. While I disagree too with them, you should not have such dispise for them...
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 4:54pm

Bismillah,

That's hilarious.  Carebears.  And Papa Smurf too!

Thanks for the compliment.

You're right.  You can feel any way you like.  We thought you were looking for other people's opinions on the topic.  And since your name is Unhappy, we thought having less anger would make you feel happier.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Unhappy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 5:52pm
Why does me living in a secular country prevent me from having contempt for them?  Is there a law on the books in Canada that legally prevents me from having contempt for these women?  No...so I can have as much contempt for them as I want to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic