IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anger  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 7:20am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Quote As far as I see it, a woman who marries a kafir does not have her marriage sactioned by Islam.  Therefore, her marriage is null and void.  She is a fornicator and should be treated as such. 

And how should you treat a forniator in Islam? - a fornicator in a secular country? - I do not really know what sharia can really be applied on such people.

The very first thing that Islam says is to have compassion for those who wrong their souls. Pray for them, that they may receive guidance.

If you really care for these women, and want to do something about it, you should try to send an effective an purposeful message.

We are living in times when correcting the wrong, with ones own hands will not be easy, and the least level of Imaan would be to consider it wrong in one's own heart - many responses you have received so far also indicate this.

You are not wrong in hating their sin. However you should still give these people respect as human beings.

Those who believe in Islam but do not have amal saleh (righteousness in deeds), are still muslims. They are not mo'min as long as they do not believe and follow, but we should treat them as our fellow muslims.

On the otherhand if a muslim does not consider a serious sin as sin, then indeed he has denied the word of allah. Am not sure if this person will be considerd a kafir, but for sure he/she is a munafiq (a hypocrite).

Quote I sin myself, everyone does.  But at least I admit what I am doing is wrong.  Women who marry kafirs don't and infact whenever they lie with their husbands they commit a sin.  Fornication is a very great sin.

When we sin, just admitting it will not make us mo'min. We should work constantly to correct our mistakes, and guard ourselves against returning to them. And, if we busy ourselves in these matters, we will learn how much work is needed on our own selves. Most of the times this realisation humbles people and they start seeing the sin of others in a different light.

You are right, these sisters are in sin, but do you think your attitude of rejection is giving them any message? If it is, do it for the sake of allah, if not, then do something else. Look into yourself to see if your behavior can guide them. Anger alone does not help. Anger with adl (justice) channelised in the right direction is how muslims should react in social crisis like these.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
candor View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 2:39am
Originally posted by Unhappy Unhappy wrote:

I need to get this off my chest.  A few Muslim women I've been meeting in university have married non-Muslim men.  I find it extremely hard to respect them.  Before Ramadan, I referred to one of them in an expletive.  A lot of my friends do not approve of the way I treat them.  I've also refused to help them on assignments and have deliberately not contacted them when doing group work.

I know it's not right to swear at people but I honeslty consider a Muslim woman marrying a Kafir a disgrace.  It insults me as a man and as a Muslim.  Are Muslim men not good enough for these women?  I also get insulted that these women are throwing away a religion that means so much to me just so they can be with some dirty kafir who most likely has a dubious past.  Cause lets be honest, most kafirs have had previous relations if you get my drift.  

Are these women considered Muslim?  Did those women forgo the title of Muslim by marrying a Kafir?  Am I correct in feeling contempt and hate for forgoing their belief in Allah for some stupid man? 

Your anger is understandable but all the Muslim women are not going to marry non-muslim men. And the good muslim women will certainly not marry non-muslims. Its absurd to get irritated too much about it. Perhaps you should try to ignore/neglect them.

Edited by candor
Courage is not absence of fear.
Smoking is injurious to health.
Bigger is the gun, smaller is the brain.
Intelligence=Knowledge+Imagination.
Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:11pm
Exactly. Let us all look at our own mistakes before we point our finger at others.
O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 6:12am
Maybe people can invite these couples in to thier circle and bring the husband along to eid and other festivites, wouldn't it be better to be a good kind example and pray he becomes Muslim???? Shouldn't we be more concerned about the future of thier kids??? These people will probably leave islam because of all the hate they recieve. But if people were kind and he converted than maybe a hard situation could be made better.. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 10:07pm

Assalamu Alaikum Aisha:

Why do you think you feel so much anger? Are you unhappy in your life?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
aishag88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 12:08pm

I feel the same way all the time, that same angar.  But I don't think its my place to say if you are right or wrong.

Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 10:28am

OMG?!!!

Unhappy, can i just ask what makes you such a good muslim?? You've done nothing but be malicous, backbite, cause hurt and your proud of yourself. You are purposefully hurting the feelings of these people and feeling that what your doing is good and better. I'm probably correct in saying, that your pride has led you to sin in so many ways.

Feeling that you are better than someone just because your a muslim is soooooooo wrong.

Look at the prophets uncle - he was not a muslim - but he helped the prophet in so many ways - he will have the lightest punishment in hell - but he was never a muslim!!!

I'll count just a few of your sins for you now, so that next time you think before you do something.

To become abusive and to use profane language is a sin.

To declare any muslim a sinner or Kaffir

To maliciously accuse and slander someone

To gossip and backbite against either muslims or non-muslims.

To taunt and criticise the faults of others.

To discontinue talking to a fellow muslim for more than 3 days without a valid islamic reason

I strongly suggest you look within yourself first. They may have committed a mistake, but they could also maybe convert the people they married. You need to be more humble as a person.

Edited by Muslim Friend
O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 3:47am

bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

well unhappy i agree with u on one thing, u feeling bad bout what they done.  n u r absolutely right cos their marriage is not lawful in islam so they commitin fornication. but on the other hand ur feeling that it insults u is quite strange cos we as muslims are allowed to hate r dislike act (not the person but act) for sake of our lord so if u state that islam allows it n its for sake of ur lord so where do u come in the equation

another thing im quite sure bout is those girls migh belong to so called "modern islamic families" n might not hav been told all of their lives rights n wrongs in islam.  so instead of treatin them like u do try to talk some sense in them.  its not bout u its bout our dear lord if u love ur lord (i think u do) then turn this anger in something more constructive.  As a muslim we should have enuf luv n taqwa of our lord to forget bout "me" n try to spread our lord's message in a way that other people like it n take it on board.  cos if u insult some1 n then tell them u r wrong n even somewhere in their heart there might b feelings they r wrong they still wont admit it cos u hurt their ego.  n a person of this world has more ego.  we should be bearer of light for people n crush this ego of ours for sake of our lord.

lastly i know many sisters hav stated that there r many non-muslims betta than muslim brothers. i dont agree, a person who is not recognisin his lord might b betta in sense of this world but it dont mean that u justify this sinful act with such explanation

unhappy lastly a muslim should be contempt with blessings of his lord not UNHAPPY

wassalam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic