IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The lioness that did not kill the oryx  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The lioness that did not kill the oryx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The lioness that did not kill the oryx
    Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:07pm

i saw a program on TV about a story i already heard about a lioness who did not eat it's pray but instead took it in and protected it....she did not kill it even after 13 days of hunger...

The oryx was still young and could not eat yet so it was starving because it needed mother milk, 

What kept me thinking is why this woman who was following them around and saying how amazing the relation between this lioness and this little oryx was never really made an attempt to save the little oryx from starvation in Africa...

After being urged by africans who saw this miracle to feed them she threw a chunk of meat at the lioness at one point but even though the lioness was hungry she did not touch the meat....what was this woman trying to do anyway? give the lioness a little appitizer so that it would get in the mood for more?

After about 2 weeks of wandering without food a lion came along and jumped on the little oryx and ripped it to pieces...nothing wrong with that, after all it is a lion and an oryx is on it's list of meals. The lioness then moved on after showing the signs of one that has lost it's cub, she was successful in her hunts after that but did take in other baby oryxes, one died of starvation and another was found by it's mother...she then disapeard never to be seen again.

I guess people like that woman hold to the prime directive of star trek or something "not to interfere in the affairs of nature", but the thing is mankind has the ability to interfere and already does, how is it possible for them not to interfere when they witness such a thing?

Anyway one thing...the lioness did not kill the little oryx but another lion did even though she was very hungry, and on the other side the witnessing of that woman and doing nothing to save the little oryx is also a cause it seems. Disturbing in my view.

Edited by Community
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:16pm

hahahahah, very amusing!

By any chance did u expected the woman to save the little orynx or whatever?What if the lioness suddenly changed her mind and istead grab the woman only?

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 11:19pm
Well what they could do is get someone from India and make him run real fast past the lion with a stick in his hand, the hungry lion will ofcourse follow him swiftly...but this is no problem for the man from india because he can run up a tree real fast and hit the lioness of with that stick he has while others save the little oryx... why from india you ask? well we all know the bravery of the men from india and how ready they are to prove it. Another option would be to sedate the lioness with a sedative arrow.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 11:23pm
dart.
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 11:41pm

I didnt gt it; wht do u mean by 'a man frm India?'I was only suggesting that it would hv been really stupid, as u say, that the women should have saved the orynxes or whatever the heck.But, u seem to be full of wrong impression of india..........the way u make fun'well we all know the bravery of the men from india and how ready they are to prove it', i wont say u were complementing, or were u??

If u dont know that the country is not good or bad.........as I hv already argued on this for quite a no. of time under the topic starting with 'INDIA'...............anyway country is not good or bad, rather it is HUMAN LIVING THERE are good or bad.And every country has good and bad people.When I was 10 yr old, I was under the same impression.I hated US, UK, and India.Reason?None.Later I realised that it was but a impression which made me think like that.

I now judge a person by his/her religion.That too is a bad indiacaor.Anyway, most muslim call each other brother and sister, needless to say whether they belong to India or Africa, are poor or rich or r black or white.

thanx,

Dayem.

LOONWATCH.COM
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 11:47pm
 Boy 

LOONWATCH.COM
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:21am

""I hated US, UK, and India.Reason?None.Later I realised that it was but a impression which made me think like that.""

Your parents raised you to hate the US, the UK and even India?

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 2:16pm

""I hated US, UK, and India.Reason?

Dayem, please, don't say that. Our friend here is a confirmed US boot licker. I don't mind bootlickers as long as they don't hide behind a page from the Qur'an, posing to Muslims.

And, asking Muslims to join the US army!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic