IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FMG  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFMG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 7:23am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

O my dear brother, why is there so much difficulty to understand a basic issue.
Not on my part. You keep saying it is "optional". It is not optional for the 3 year old girl being pinned down though is it ?

Here is another statement from the link you have provided by anothor Islamic scholar on the same issue "Because there is no absolute proof from the sources of Islam prescribing female circumcision, the vast majority of scholars do not include it in the OBLIGATORY rituals of Islam."
But it still ALLOWS it and in some cases, PROMOTES it as a ritual of islam.

Regards,

Francis Begbie
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 3:26pm

Originally posted by Begbie Begbie wrote:

Not on my part. You keep saying it is "optional". It is not optional for the 3 year old girl being pinned down though is it ?

Yes "optional" according to people's customs and not according to Islam. Can anyone blame Islam for the cultural habits of different people of this world? I don't think so. 

Here is another statement from the link you have provided by anothor Islamic scholar on the same issue "Because there is no absolute proof from the sources of Islam prescribing female circumcision, the vast majority of scholars do not include it in the OBLIGATORY rituals of Islam."
But it still ALLOWS it and in some cases, PROMOTES it as a ritual of islam.
Francis Begbie

I think, this new webpage quite categorically makes this thing clear that this practice is not from Islam. I don't know from where the impression of "still ALLOWS it" comes in? Not from this web link at least. 

But definitely "and in some cases, PROMOTES it as a ritual of islam" is total exaggeration. Hence your assertions are nothing but false.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 3:39pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

asslamu alaikum

Female circumsision and mutilation are not the same thing aserting they are is your ignorance, if you insist on stating that they are then your opinion is not in line with msulim scholars or islam.

If you consider male circumsision to be mutilation then there is no discussion what so ever, you are not interested in learning the corect islamic position but to simply argue for or against a religious practice.

Get your baisc premise right beffore you start an argument.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Maryga View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 6:29pm

It is unfortunate the way this debate is heading. Instead of openly condemning this practise I find now that there is a distinction made in the way this heinous practise is performed. When Allah and His Prophet have not sanctioned this practise the debate should end with open condemnation. Though it is cultural it is the Muslims in certain countries that are practising it and every scholar should condemn it outright. I see a subtle defence of this practise and it is not surprising that it is coming from some of the male quarters. The real sufferers from this are the innocent and helpless females especially children whose rights have been snatched from them even before they can speak and understand.

I do not see any ignorance on the part of the questioner.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 7:59pm

assalamu alaikum

Garbage, are male children also having there rights taken away from them. Female circumsision is an islamic practice lack of exposure to traditional islam is what most people are suffering from.

I sugest you understand the difference between Circumcision and mutilation.

The only reason why it is not widely practiced as it used to be is becouse the science has almost been lost entirely and there is a real risk of  the Circumcision becoming mutilation. It was not widely prohibited before, there i a difference.

The Shafii madhhab alows female circumcision, that alone is enough to prohibit people from condeming it.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1702&am p;am p;CATE=89

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
hafezabutaleb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 9:31pm
My Feeling on this is That Probaly should be forbidden in islam, What is the Moral Behind it. Males are cucumsized to follow the covenent of abraham. there is no need for this. This is Not Sanctioned by Allah. Were you there When He Commanaded Thus? It is Allah Who gives plesure and pain. Wold you then Rob some one of the gifts and Graces Allah has Given?
Peace
Maryga View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 10:50pm
Well said hafezabutaleb. Seems like the shafi madhab has received special sanctions, if what is being said is true. Shameful and sickening! May Allah save the innocent female children who before Islam used to be buried alive and now are subjected to torture under the pretense of the sanctions of the shafi madhab.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 11:06pm

hafezabutaleb

If you do not know the reason behind it then do not comment, if you do not know on what basis the law in the shafii madhhab has been established then what are talking about.

It is Allah Who gives plesure and pain. Wold you then Rob some one of the gifts and Graces Allah has Given?

this clearly shows your ignorance of what female
Circumcision entails, it does not take away the womens ability to enjoy marital relation, mutilation does but as i have clearly said and shown they are not the same thing.

Maryga do you know what a madhhab even is?

what pretence are you talking about, can you tell me on what basis the shafii madhhab has made this ruling what are the reasons?

do you even know the procedure that is being discussed, and why you are calling  it mutilation.

if not then nothing you have said is of value only emotional outbursts due to a lack of understanding of the matter.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic