IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - understanding Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

understanding Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Understanding Christians will be entirely impossible since there are so many denominations plus each Church I know has its own touch of teachings it follows. Then there are differences on geographic, language and racial lines and so on. On top of that people have their own understanding which they sometimes follow.

Hasan

Why is it that others are making the effort to understand Muslims?

All the things you have said about Christians is also true of Muslims.

Hasan,
You said that you had Christian 'friends'.
If Islam were to come to your country, what would happen to these friends?

Edited by Caringheart - 29 August 2012 at 8:10pm
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Understanding Christians will be entirely impossible since there are so many denominations plus each Church I know has its own touch of teachings it follows. Then there are differences on geographic, language and racial lines and so on. On top of that people have their own understanding which they sometimes follow.

Hasan
Why is it that others are making the effort to understand Muslims?Hasan,
You said that you had Christian 'friends'.
If Islam were to come to your country, what would happen to these friends?

I think first Hasan would skin them alive and then stone them to death and then force them to accept Islam with a sword in his hand.

I think that is the view you have of Islam.Oh i forgot turn them into terrorist.yes yes.I can see Hasan licking his lips.

Edited by iec786 - 29 August 2012 at 12:10pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 2:24pm
Caringheart,
Islam is already here in this country where I live, the US.
Islam is submission to the Will of God. It is good, and it benefits the person following it willingly.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 7:53pm

Caringheart,
Islam is already here in this country where I live, the US.
Islam is submission to the Will of God. It is good, and it benefits the person following it willingly.
Hasan

Hasan,
If you live in the U.S. then you live in a secular country.
I am talking about, what if your country were to come under Islamic rule.
What would happen to your friends?
It is something everyone should be thinking about.
Would you turn on your friends, who you know to be good people, because your religion said so?  Would you subject yourself to possible death, because in your unwillingness to turn on your friends, you could be killed since you can not renounce your faith in Islam?
It is the type of thing people were faced with in Germany under Hitler's rule.  People who had long been friends had to make the choice to either help those friends or to turn a blind eye to their fate.
Caringheart
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 8:06pm
Ismail,

I'm surprised and disappointed by your response.  Are you still going on pilgrimage next month?  Or has that been cancelled?

Caringheart
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Ismail,I'm surprised and disappointed by your response.� Are you still going on pilgrimage next month?� Or has that been cancelled?Caringheart

Hi Caringheart,

You see the line of questioning was what would you do if Christians were to come to your country.I would like to pose the same type of question to you.What do you expect to happen?The Muslims are not the people you per sieve us to be.The st**id oil rags with swords in our hands no that is not who we are.I live in a Christian country and in my business i meet 90% Christian clients.Not a day did we have an argument or i have not had a customer walk out of my business angry.I make sure when they walk out they are smiling.So the line of questioning was sarcastic and i gave an answer.

Now ,Oh yes i am going Mecca to pray and i am leaving South Africa on the 19 of September and i will return on the 03 November inshallah.

And don't be disappointed by my response.Take it in the spirit of dialog.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:15pm
I knew Indonesia, 90% Muslim, about 7% Christians, the rest Buddhism, Hinduism, Confucian etc. We have over 20% of house representative members, 20% ministers, we have 3 Christan national holiday, 2 Hinduism national holiday, 2 Buddhism national holiday, 2 Confucian national holiday and we have only 4 Muslim national holiday. We are in the us there is none Muslim holiday. Sometime people think Muslim majority country is not tolerant, just a prejudice.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Hi Caringheart,

You see the line of questioning was what would you do if Christians were to come to your country.I would like to pose the same type of question to you.What do you expect to happen?The Muslims are not the people you per sieve us to be.The st**id oil rags with swords in our hands no that is not who we are.I live in a Christian country and in my business i meet 90% Christian clients.Not a day did we have an argument or i have not had a customer walk out of my business angry.I make sure when they walk out they are smiling.So the line of questioning was sarcastic and i gave an answer.

Now ,Oh yes i am going Mecca to pray and i am leaving South Africa on the 19 of September and i will return on the 03 November inshallah.

And don't be disappointed by my response.Take it in the spirit of dialog.

Greetings Ismail,
I was surprised and disappointed to think that, after all of our dialogue, you would think that I have this view of Muslims.

Yes, you live in a Christian country.  Do you enjoy freedom and equal treatment?
Could a Christian expect the same if the country were to come under Islamic rule?
What would you do if your country came under Islamic rule?  Would you treat these Christian people the same way that you do now?  That is the question.

The line of questioning was not sarcastic, but quite serious.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic