IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fate of non-believers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fate of non-believers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:24pm

A person says, �I believe that there is One God, who created the universe, but I am going to stop there�; I will not pray to Him or fast or perform Hajj or pay zakaat.  I am not going to carry out any duties towards Him; I will follow my own desires and do whatever I want, whether He permitted it or forbade it.  Can such a person attain salvation on the Day of Judgment?

Allah sent Messengers to every nation, that they might worship Him and shun false deities.  Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sent by Allah to mankind, the entire world, and thus abrogated the previous laws and made this religion of Islam obligatory for everyone to enter.  Allah says; �And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.� (Aal Imraan 3:85)

On this basis the fate of a person who says � I believe in the idea of One God, but do not want to be a Muslim and follow the last Revelation or the last Messenger, is clear and evident.

�Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam� [Aal �Imraan 3:19]

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:53pm

�And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.� (Aal Imraan 3:85)

Listen this mixing of language needs to stop, we have the english language and we have the arab language, so if you translate this verse from Arabic into English do not just suddenly use an arabic word in it,

�And whoever seeks another way of life(deen) other than engaging the peace (or submission for the sake of peace), it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.� (Aal Imraan 3:85)

The peace with who? Allah above everyone else.

How? have faith in Allaha and then doing a mending work('amalan saalihan)

Whoever has faith in Allaha and does good because he knows there is a hereafter. This one is of the faithful. One who does mending good deeds for the sake of peace with Allah and to avoid His anger is a faithful.

Edited by Community
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Lameese Lameese wrote:

Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Bismillah

Originally posted by Lameese Lameese wrote:

What about Muslims who turn people away from Islam with their attitudes? What will Allah do for them?

Lameese, Allah is the Most Just and therefore we should not be worried aboute the final judgement... everyone will be treated justly.

May Allah forgive us all and guide us to the Straight Path.

We should not be worried about the final judgement???

As far as what will Allah will do for those who misrepresent and distort Islam, i think we leave it to Allah and not worry about His Justice. That is what i meant in a little context... and i am sure you understood it. 

MOCKBA
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 7:18pm

Bismillah

Community, the only purest reference you can find when it comes to reading and studying the Qur'an is in Arabic language. Islam is Islam whether one translates it as "submission", or one relates it to its common root with "salam" or peace. It is not unification of religions... it is return to the original monotheistic faith which is to be observed in a manner instructed by Allah through His Last Prophet - Muhammad (peace be upon him).

If one refuses however to acknowledge Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the final Messenger of Allah his declaration of faith is incomplete... for the Messenger calls to none other but Allah and not to himself.

For brother Israfil, I would recommend continue reading the story of Jewish tribes in Yathrib and share with us the development of events. The migration of the early Companions to Abyssiniya would have been a better example... but that would start up a different discussion.

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 8:30pm

Islam submission for the sake of peace, or engaging the peace. This is required because if one does certain acts of service to The Lord but does this for another reason then to please Him, so he does not do this act of service for the sake of Peace with Him, the act of service is not accepted by Allah. So He will not accept any way of life except the way of engaging the peace or submission for the sake of peace.

As for jews christians and whoever else, if they work to please and do things that are pleasing Him for the sake of everlasting peace(with Him) then this is the right course, why would such person deny any prophet including Muhammed?, i think the problem really is those who claim to follow the prophet showing alot of intollerance and traditionalism and ofcourse recently alot of anger through the media which makes people weary of "muslims". But the faithful from amongst mankind, wether in China or The US of A from which ever culture or faith, accept Muhammed as a messenger of The One and Only God. But not all will agree to become an arab because of their faith in The Lord, faith is something that goes beyond a particular geographic culture, faith in The One god in fact makes people openminded and critical of injustice in which ever culture this may be. Because the way of Allaha is the way of justice also, and when the faithful see injustice they will ofcourse wish to change it.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:00pm

Abuayshia you said:

>>>A person says, �I believe that there is One God, who created the universe, but I am going to stop there�<<<<

Again you are not considering the other monotheistic faiths who have practiced the worship of the One God long before Islam came to Arabia. I am not saying that as of now all other monotheistic traditions within the sphere of the Abrahamic culture are  right in their modern context. What I am saying is that with our interpretation we make it really difficult and more so complex when we add: "Well you're right to believe in God but in the wrong religion" Allah says in the Qur'an that there is no compulsion in religion. Therefore for us to say this group is wrong because they stop short of being Muslim is a judgement left for God.

Yes it does say the religion of Allah is Al-Islam, but Islam is a wide spectrum and I believe even the most simplistic tenents of other monotheistic traditions can fit within this spectrum. I'm not at liberty to say whether they are right or wrong because that is a judgement left for God. What I am at liberty to say is that Allah is our goal and final destination. I hold Islam to be a bit more pluralistic than how modern scholars interpret it. I believe that the message of Islam is that mankind must be cognizant of him and him only.

The Pagan Arabs lost that when they worshipped Al-Illah along with Uzzah and Manat. I believe that for those of other monotheistic traditions they too fall under the simple tenents of Islam. For those who have not heard the message of Islam I don't think they have the "burden" as the one who hears the message. I believe that if that person is good and lives right then there is no worry in that person. I'm very limited in what I say in regards to Islamic pluralism so I'll leave it there.

MOCKBA perhaps you can be kind enough to correct me where I was wrong

Edited by Israfil
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 12:36am

Bismillah

I did not say you were wrong but if you noticed, the Jewish tribes were expelled in shame from Yathrib and later from the Arabian Peninsular... and very clearly not because they were followers of Abrahamic monotheist faith and culture as you seem to imply when referring to no-Muslim "believers".

MOCKBA
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 1:44am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Any person who does not believe in Allah and his messenger, is held accountable and punished for not believing in Islam and there place is Hell. This is the black and white simple truth, but as i have stated in other threads according to "some" scholars those who said la illaha illah llah will be taken out of hell after how ever long Allah decrees for them to be in there.

There is no other destination for those who are have not believed in Allah's religion, whether for some of them this is eternal that is another question.

Regarding those who have not had a proper chance to learn about Islam Sister nausheen posted this in another thread.

The Fate of Non-Muslims in the Afterlife 

The reason that contemporary writers affected by the writings of Gunon and Schuon, such as Chittick and Gai Eaton (or such as Martin Lings, Titus Burckhardt etc.), seem to want the universal validity of all religions at any price, even to the extent of attributing it to masters like Muhyiddin ibn al-`Arabi ("in principle") or Emir `Abd al-Qadir ("he protected the Christians against massacre by taking them into his own home because he understood" [as if other scholars considered massacring them halal]) would seem to be the emotive impalatability of followers of other religions going to hell. Where is the mercy? Would Allah put someone in the hellfire merely for worshipping in another religion besides Islam? This question is answered by traditional Islam according to two possibilities:  

(1) There are some peoples who have not been reached by the message of the Prophet of Islam (Allah bless him and give him peace) that we must worship the One God alone, associating nothing else with Him. Such people are innocent, and will not be punished no matter what they do. Allah says in surat al-Isra',  

"We do not punish until We send a Messenger" (Qur'an 17:15). 

These include, for example, Christians and others who lived in the period after the spread of the myth of Jesus godhood, until the time of the prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace), who renewed the call to pure monotheism.  

The great Muslim scholar, Imam Ghazali, includes in this category those who have only been reached with a distorted picture of the Messenger of Islam (Allah bless him and give him peace), presumably including many people in the West today who know nothing about Allah's religion but newspaper stories about Ayatollahs and mad Muslim bombers. Is it within such people's capacity to believe? In Ghazali's view, such people are excused until after they have had an opportunity to learn the undistorted truth about Islam (Ghazali: "Faysal al-tafriqa," Majmu'a rasa'il al-Imam al-Ghazali, 3.96). This of course does not alter our own obligation as Muslims to reach them with the da'wa.  

(2) A second group of people consists of those who turn away from God's divine message of Islam, rejecting the command to make their worship God's alone; whether because of blindly imitating the religion of their ancestors, or for some other reason. These are people to whom God has sent a prophetic messenger and reached with His message, and to whom He has given hearing and an intellect with which to grasp it but after all this, persist in associating others with Allah, either by actually worshipping another, or by rejecting the laws brought by His messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace), which associates their own customs with His prerogative to be worshipped as He directs. Such people have violated God's rights, and have accepted to go to hell, which is precisely what His messengers have warned them of, so they have no excuse:  

"Truly, Allah does not forgive that any be associated with Him; but He forgives what is less than that to whomever He wills" (Qur'an 4:48). 

In either case, Allah's mercy exists, though for non-Muslims unreached by the message, it is a question of divine amnesty for their ignorance, not a confirmation of their religions validity. It is worth knowing the difference between these two things, for one's eternal fate depends on it.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic