IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PARTIAL SUSPENSIONS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PARTIAL SUSPENSIONS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 7:55am

Bismillah,

The moderators dont get attacked untill they do somthing to warrent it.

Let's not attack them, especially personally.  Let's point out our differences as we do with each other, politely.

i doubt you'd ever be moderated...

Of course I have been and will be.

There is a whole wide world out there where you can do and say practically anything you want.  Why do you insist on changing the rules other people have made on this one forum, especially since you have your own that you moderate?  And if you want to change the rules here, why don't you start a post directed at that objective?

I'd like to have a liberals section for "moderate" Muslims to discuss things.  They denied this request especially since they said there is no such thing as a liberal Muslim et cetera.  I am looking for a forum such as that to join.  Do you know of one?

I found Across the Pond, but no Pond subblog.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 9:55am
Good Idea Her-Jihad.. I'm going to do it..
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 10:57am

ArabianKnight wrote:

There is an obviouse difference between personal attacks and genuine criticism. Most people can draw the distinction... somtimes when it involves religion emotions cause the line to be blurred. Everything is allowed to be critisized and debated... that is the point of free-will.

Yes, there is a difference, especially to the person the remarks are directed toward. The Moderators on the forum get PMs and private complaint messages every single day, usually from someone that feels they are being insulted, or they find the material offensive.

Just because you don't find something offensive doesn't mean that 50 other people don't. If we truly Edited or Deleted everything everyone wanted us to we really would be censoring everything.

Perhaps the majority of posters here are more sensitive because they want a more Islamic environment. That is what this forum is supposed to be. If this is not what you are looking for, there are plenty of other venues on the internet that will allow you to post anything you choose.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic