IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Double Standards.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDouble Standards.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 3:46am
Originally posted by Dr Syed Alwi Dr Syed Alwi wrote:

Dear Colin,

My previous posts were no more abusive than the ones that you see here. Its just that I am able to expose their true colours for all to see and they don't want you to know what their true agenda is. This is the price I pay for FREEDOM & DEMOCRACY.

Dr Alwi, if your previous posts are not abusive, I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to state your opinion. There are several Muslim posters here that have stated that they think deliberately targetting and killing civilians is somehow an excusable tactic and nobody moderating these forums has so much as warned them about their posts, let alone locked the thread. There are many extreme viewpoints expressed on these forums, It would be nice to see them dealt with in an even handed manner.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 6:45am

Colin, I understand, it's Islamic to hijra from a country or community, which is unjust or if we are not allowed to practice as Muslims. Now, this can not be applied at least to the United Kingdom where I have seen people getting millions of pounds in grants to set up Islamic centres and mosques.

Further, the Quran forbids to force faith on anyone, especially, the people of the Book - that includes you and also our friends in Stamford Hill. They are already in Faith!!

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 6:47am
Hazrat Israfil, didn't know you were such a scholar!
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Colin, I understand, it's Islamic to hijra from a country or community, which is unjust or if we are not allowed to practice as Muslims. Now, this can not be applied at least to the United Kingdom where I have seen people getting millions of pounds in grants to set up Islamic centres and mosques.

Further, the Quran forbids to force faith on anyone, especially, the people of the Book - that includes you and also our friends in Stamford Hill. They are already in Faith!!

Thanks for the info Sasha. I'm not sure that I count as being a person of the book, I'm interested in and take the good things from many faiths, so I guess I could be called a person of the books. ;--)

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:43am

I am not too sure if I should mention it here on this board, but there is evidence that Haroon er Rasheed and St John were drinking companions and upto that time, Islam was quite fondly treated as an offshoot or, we could say, link of Christianity.

Plus, the Muslims, the jews and the Christians used to have a Mosque, a Synagogue and a Church almost set up in a triangle in Toledo and quite a few other Spanish towns. These three worked together far happily for all those el-Andalus centuries than our Ultra Right wing Christians (who think Joan of Ark was Noah's wife) would want us to believe.

They Triangle also worked well in Ottoman Turkey - 600 + years.

The potential is there but then the Interests of the State (or, States) drop on us

Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 7:09pm

Dear Colin,

I thank you and appreciate your fair judgement. You can read the replies to my postings by the so called Islamicity crowd. I think this is why Blair banned Hizb-ut-Tahrir. They do not committ violence but they sure incite hate speech and are very intolerant. I support Blair's decision. Like I said - if these people are truly well intentioned - how come they don't encourage British Muslims to be good citizens ? Why ask for Islamic State and Khilafah ? They do not need to do much. Just uphold the interests of their Non-Muslim fellow citizens. My view is that they cannot do this because they have their own agenda - which is the Islamic State etc. Anyways - its nice to know that there are still a few decent people here.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:43pm
Whisper...never much such a title to myself
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:21pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Quote Rami, I have in the past reported Jibreel's insulting behaviour, and subsequently, there was a general warning issued about not using the word Nazi, although this did not stop him from regularly calling me a racists. Anyhow, since this warning (about two weeks ago), he has continued to use Nazi and other abusive terms towards me. Seeing that I reported him, I would have thought that the moderators would have at least monitored his posts for a while to make sure he stayed in line. I have reported another of his post today, hopefully, this will bring an end to the barrage of insults and we can return to some sort of normality and civility in our discussions.

If he has labeled you such things then there is no doubt that his posts should be moderated, why this hasnt been done could be for a number of reasons. Personaly i have not been around for the past 2 weeks and i know on and of it has been the same with the other moderators. Unfortunatly there is no way to monitor every posts an indavidual makes unless we read every post and come across his at the same time so each incident would have to be reported to specificly bring it to the attention of nthe moderators.

Quote I am not familiar with Dr Alawi's previous posts, but the topics that were locked didn't appear to be any worse than many on this forum. If they had become abusive I would understand them being locked. In future, may I politely suggest, that if you are going to keep an eye on one member, you should also watch out for other members, especially those who have been previously warned against using abusive language.

Mr Alawi has a history of abusive ofensive and misinformed posts on this forum if you are not familiar with his past i recomend that you and anyone else wondering what is going on now not comment as you are missing a large part of the picture.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic