Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1921
Printed Date: 28 April 2024 at 1:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Double Standards.
Posted By: Colin
Subject: Double Standards.
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 2:45am
I note that while some topics get locked for no obvious reason, there are topics in the current affairs section where a certain member has been allowed to call people, including myself, racists a bigots and a Nazis. When I challenge him to go through my posts and justify his wild allegation, predictably, I get no response from him. He has consistently acted against clear forum guidelines and remains free to continue with his outrageous behaviour. There are also many posts that are clearly little more that Anti-West propaganda, which no doubt, many Muslims living in Western countries find as equally offensive as I do. Is this a case of double standards? Or do the "powers that be" suffer from a rare form of selective word blindness?

Replies:
Posted By: Dr Syed Alwi
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 3:14am
I agree with you Colin ! You have my support. Apparently when I expose the fallacies and foolishness of their ideology - I get censored. But the way I see it - the more they censor - the less credibility they have.

Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 3:59am

Personally Dr Syed, I think the topic of how Muslims reconcile their deen with the political practicalities of living in a non-Muslim country is not only an interesting subject in itself, but moreover, a subject which many Muslims and/or potential Muslims living in Non-Islamic nations could, by openly discussing, derive benefit and useful guidance. The topic would also be of interest to the non-Muslim populations of such countries, which could help develop a more rounded understanding of the Islamic culture of their fellow citizens. Conversely, threads in which people are allowed to call other members racists and Nazis only serve to cause antagonism and division.

Obviously Dr Syed, we must all strive to discuss such issues making sure we pay attention to the forum guidelines. If you are referring to the foolishness of the ideology of Hizb-ut-Tahrir, I would agree that their stance appears to make little sense. I don't know how they can hope to change the political system in Britain without there being a situation where the majority of the population become converts to Islam.

Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 8:26am
Yes that is my whole idea. To get dialogue going instead of guns and bombs. And yes I was referring to Hizb-ut-Tahrir and other such groups. The problem here is that they want to build an Islamic State in their adopted Non-Muslim country. But they fail to realize that in a democracy, they must win the absolute majority in order to change the Constitution. Of course thats impossible. Silly isn't it ? I put it to you that Muslims would be better off spending their enegy in more fruitful enterprises other than on the ridiculous ideas of Hizb-ut-Tahrir.

Posted By: beloved
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:35am

I have a reservation.  I am not a victim of post locking, but am a victim of post moving.

The sad part for me is it was moved without any intimation nor it had any tag bearing "Moved".

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:14am

Absolutely strange, Colin, but chin up mate, we have all sorts everywhere.

It will be very difficult to take our Dr. Alwi's support for serious. He doesn't know half the time where he is himself, not just about his words but also about his threats of "resigning" from this forum.

Never mind, you have an Afghan hitman here!!

Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 11:38am

Ok Mr Afghan hitman sir :--) Can you or anyone else, tell me if the Qur'an contains specific guidance for Muslims living in non-Islamic lands?

Many thanks.

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 2:03pm
Colin I myself understand that there are double standards here, however as Sister Nausheen has wrote in other subjects humans are always susceptible to error therefore I think its important to not make what bothers you a subject of complain per say, but bring this up to one of the moderators and report whoever is disrespecting you. I think the reason why the post were locked because Dr. Syed Alwi has been warned numerous times. Even though he calls himself Muslim, its obvious that he perputrates this and obviously wishes to argue from a non-Muslim  (perhaps extremist) perspective. It had nothing to do with the subject. The subject didn't bother me so whatever is whatever. Colin take this as a grain of salt and dont let it bother you.

Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 4:34pm
It is my right and privilege to argue from the perspective of a modern Muslim. Islamicity does NOT monopolise Islamic discourse, ideas or even the notion of Islam itself. I can question dogma - especially if the ideology promoted in Islamicity is of a variety where many people find to be unacceptable. Are you telling me that I cannot speak my mind here without being accused of apostasy ? To me this is just gangsterism. When Islamicity cannot answer my questions - they then accuse me of apostasy. Remember Galileo and the Inquisition ? Thats Islamicity.........

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by Dr Syed Alwi Dr Syed Alwi wrote:

When Islamicity cannot answer my questions - they then accuse me of apostasy. Remember Galileo and the Inquisition ? Thats Islamicity.........

Does islamicity have a Q and A forum inviting people to ask questions that it promises to answer?

And who from Islamicity accused you of apostacy? Was it the CEO, or the technical support team, or the managerial staff? Where is your proof?

N

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 7:33pm

It is my right and privilege to argue from the perspective of a modern Muslim. Islamicity does NOT monopolise Islamic discourse, ideas or even the notion of Islam itself.

We have a set of guidelines to be followed here. If anyone does not follow these, his/her comments are dealt by the moderators. If you have problems with this system, the easiest way to circumvent it is to familiarise yourself with the norms, most of the members are following.

I can question dogma - especially if the ideology promoted in Islamicity is of a variety where many people find to be unacceptable.

"Promoted at Islamicity" is a false expression. There are INDIVIDUALS who are expressing their views. These people have not other connection with this website except that they are board members, like yourself. Just like your views cannot be called views of islamicity, in the same way views of any other board member cannot be called "views of islamicity" Do you understand this technical fault in your statement mister?

Quote Are you telling me that I cannot speak my mind here without being accused of apostasy ?

You have made yourself vulnerable to attacks due to your comments. I dont know what different types of impressions people are receiving from your posts. Personally I think you are terribly misguided about Islam. .... NO, ISLAMICITY DID NOT SAY THAT. I SAID THAT, hope it is not too difficult for you to distinguish.

N

-------------

[/COLOR]

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:34pm

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Colin i havnt been around for a while so i dont know what posts you are talking about, have you reported them?

FYI i havnt come across anyone so far who i would consider on the same level as Mr alawi so i dont know where your acusation of double standards is coming from. I tolerated a lot from him before i decided to watch his posts more closely have you taken this into account?

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:00pm

>>>>It is my right and privilege to argue from the perspective of a modern Muslim.<<<<<

So doctor while you being moderate we are primitive in our thought? Syed I never truly like to say this (And may Allah forgive me if I am wrong) but you are truly a Kufr. Your arguments clearly show "too much Islam" creates a loop hole in politics i.e democracy. Your arguments show if there is a Caliphate this is not an acceptable system. Your system shows the opneness of a Muslim is wrong in western civilization. Muhammad (peace be upon you) has no instructed Muslims to behave like this obviously you are not of the Muslims when you make broad accusations such as you have made in the past and now.

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 12:43am
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Colin i havnt been around for a while so i dont know what posts you are talking about, have you reported them?

FYI i havnt come across anyone so far who i would consider on the same level as Mr alawi so i dont know where your acusation of double standards is coming from. I tolerated a lot from him before i decided to watch his posts more closely have you taken this into account?

Rami, I have in the past reported Jibreel's insulting behaviour, and subsequently, there was a general warning issued about not using the word Nazi, although this did not stop him from regularly calling me a racists. Anyhow, since this warning (about two weeks ago), he has continued to use Nazi and other abusive terms towards me. Seeing that I reported him, I would have thought that the moderators would have at least monitored his posts for a while to make sure he stayed in line. I have reported another of his post today, hopefully, this will bring an end to the barrage of insults and we can return to some sort of normality and civility in our discussions.

-------

I am not familiar with Dr Alawi's previous posts, but the topics that were locked didn't appear to be any worse than many on this forum. If they had become abusive I would understand them being locked. In future, may I politely suggest, that if you are going to keep an eye on one member, you should also watch out for other members, especially those who have been previously warned against using abusive language.

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:09am

Dear Colin,

My previous posts were no more abusive than the ones that you see here. Its just that I am able to expose their true colours for all to see and they don't want you to know what their true agenda is. This is the price I pay for FREEDOM & DEMOCRACY.

Posted By: abi-uzair
Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 2:31am

FREEDOM OF SADOM? OR DEMOCRACY OF FALLACY?

This man claps whenever islam cannot be implemented, whenever an Islamic group lost, whenever muslims are chased,. What kind of Muslim is this? Na'uzubillahi minhu.

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 3:46am

Dear Colin,

My previous posts were no more abusive than the ones that you see here. Its just that I am able to expose their true colours for all to see and they don't want you to know what their true agenda is. This is the price I pay for FREEDOM & DEMOCRACY.

Dr Alwi, if your previous posts are not abusive, I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to state your opinion. There are several Muslim posters here that have stated that they think deliberately targetting and killing civilians is somehow an excusable tactic and nobody moderating these forums has so much as warned them about their posts, let alone locked the thread. There are many extreme viewpoints expressed on these forums, It would be nice to see them dealt with in an even handed manner.

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 6:45am

Colin, I understand, it's Islamic to hijra from a country or community, which is unjust or if we are not allowed to practice as Muslims. Now, this can not be applied at least to the United Kingdom where I have seen people getting millions of pounds in grants to set up Islamic centres and mosques.

Further, the Quran forbids to force faith on anyone, especially, the people of the Book - that includes you and also our friends in Stamford Hill. They are already in Faith!!

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 6:47am
Hazrat Israfil, didn't know you were such a scholar!

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Colin, I understand, it's Islamic to hijra from a country or community, which is unjust or if we are not allowed to practice as Muslims. Now, this can not be applied at least to the United Kingdom where I have seen people getting millions of pounds in grants to set up Islamic centres and mosques.

Further, the Quran forbids to force faith on anyone, especially, the people of the Book - that includes you and also our friends in Stamford Hill. They are already in Faith!!

Thanks for the info Sasha. I'm not sure that I count as being a person of the book, I'm interested in and take the good things from many faiths, so I guess I could be called a person of the books. ;--)

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:43am

I am not too sure if I should mention it here on this board, but there is evidence that Haroon er Rasheed and St John were drinking companions and upto that time, Islam was quite fondly treated as an offshoot or, we could say, link of Christianity.

Plus, the Muslims, the jews and the Christians used to have a Mosque, a Synagogue and a Church almost set up in a triangle in Toledo and quite a few other Spanish towns. These three worked together far happily for all those el-Andalus centuries than our Ultra Right wing Christians (who think Joan of Ark was Noah's wife) would want us to believe.

They Triangle also worked well in Ottoman Turkey - 600 + years.

The potential is there but then the Interests of the State (or, States) drop on us

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 7:09pm

Dear Colin,

I thank you and appreciate your fair judgement. You can read the replies to my postings by the so called Islamicity crowd. I think this is why Blair banned Hizb-ut-Tahrir. They do not committ violence but they sure incite hate speech and are very intolerant. I support Blair's decision. Like I said - if these people are truly well intentioned - how come they don't encourage British Muslims to be good citizens ? Why ask for Islamic State and Khilafah ? They do not need to do much. Just uphold the interests of their Non-Muslim fellow citizens. My view is that they cannot do this because they have their own agenda - which is the Islamic State etc. Anyways - its nice to know that there are still a few decent people here.

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:43pm
Whisper...never much such a title to myself

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:21pm

Quote Rami, I have in the past reported Jibreel's insulting behaviour, and subsequently, there was a general warning issued about not using the word Nazi, although this did not stop him from regularly calling me a racists. Anyhow, since this warning (about two weeks ago), he has continued to use Nazi and other abusive terms towards me. Seeing that I reported him, I would have thought that the moderators would have at least monitored his posts for a while to make sure he stayed in line. I have reported another of his post today, hopefully, this will bring an end to the barrage of insults and we can return to some sort of normality and civility in our discussions.

If he has labeled you such things then there is no doubt that his posts should be moderated, why this hasnt been done could be for a number of reasons. Personaly i have not been around for the past 2 weeks and i know on and of it has been the same with the other moderators. Unfortunatly there is no way to monitor every posts an indavidual makes unless we read every post and come across his at the same time so each incident would have to be reported to specificly bring it to the attention of nthe moderators.

Quote I am not familiar with Dr Alawi's previous posts, but the topics that were locked didn't appear to be any worse than many on this forum. If they had become abusive I would understand them being locked. In future, may I politely suggest, that if you are going to keep an eye on one member, you should also watch out for other members, especially those who have been previously warned against using abusive language.

Mr Alawi has a history of abusive ofensive and misinformed posts on this forum if you are not familiar with his past i recomend that you and anyone else wondering what is going on now not comment as you are missing a large part of the picture.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:23pm
Why were my posts censored Mr Rami ? Now my replies are censored. This goes on and on just because I can counter your arguments. Where are my replies ? Nowhere to be seen.. The large picture Rami is that you want to hide and censor just about anyone who is willing to stand up against your ideas - which are NOT acceptable to the rest of the civilised world.

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:42pm

You are delutional, what ideas are exactly not accepted by the civilised world care to quote me?

You are very close to being banned.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:52pm
What's there to say to you ? Haven't you read what Colin has said ? Haven't you read what human has said ? Haven't you read what beloved has said ? You banning me means nothing but when the Government bans you - I will have the last laugh ! Why are you NOT encouraging British and American Muslims to be good citizens ? Why do you allow hate speech to go uncensored ? Yet when I start a topic on the dilemmas facing Muslims in the West - you lock it. Even though there is nothing abusive or offensive in them. I have read the kind of replies that I get here - and people actually agree that these are horrible replies. People can see through your denials. Its obvious. Yet nothing is done. Instead you now accuse me of manipulating debate etc. How can I even manipulate these debates when I am locked ? You are being watched Mr Rami - if you are NOT careful - its you who will be banned ! Not by me - but by the Government. For society's larger good.  And one more thing - why don't you publish all my earlier debates and postings UNCENSORED ? No need to argue so much !

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 12:28am

Bismillah

You are jamming the discussions with your political baffle... It would not be as sad if only you had a little religiousity in it.

The similitude of you coming in this forum is that of a madman who forces himself into the cinema hall in the middle of the movie and starts preaching his "political anti-hizbi sermon" to the surprised  audience and blaming everyone of something you had experienced in one of your nightmares... flashing the torchlight in the dark at people's faces.

There is only why way to deal with such disturbers... and if you refuse medical assistance all we can do is limit your participation by giving you initial warning, making you part with your loudspeaker and later walking you out of here.

-------------
MOCKBA

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 2:05am

Why are you NOT encouraging British and American Muslims to be good citizens ?

I must beg your pardon, Sir. This is the first time - in my 37 years of travels through Britain, US, Canada and almost everywhere in the world - that I am hearing such an allegation that the Muslims in these countries ARE NOT GOOD CITIZENS and that THEY NEED TO BE ENCOURAGED TO BE GOOD.

Could I please ask you to furnish us with the basis of your observation?

Could you please also mail me the name of the chap who wants a Khalifa in Britain or Singapore?

And, if some desire Khilafat for their own coutries why should you (or, anyone else for that matter) turn turquise blue with fright, envy or whatever?

The whole world is forging all sorts of blocks with geographical or other common interests. Why must it be a crime just for the Muslims to pool their resources, advantages together and form a block? EEC can happen but not a decent healthy partnership amongst Muslims?

Sir, if give me just one reason (even if it's not good enough) I might go along with your crusade.

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 2:07am

Whisper...never much such a title to myself

Brother, nothing more than just a humble tribute

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 2:18am
To Rami and others, Whatever else he has said, I have not come across Dr Alwi using offensive terms like Nazi, bigot and racist. I agree that his style of posting can be somewhat blunt, but he doesn't appear to any more blunt than many on this forum. The subject of Hizb-ut-Tahrir and their modus operandi would seem to me a very pertinent topic given recent events. As I said in an ealier post, issues facing Muslim communties in non-Islamic lands is a worthy topic of conversation. If we can all be a little more moderate and respectful of each others opinions, I see no reason why this admittedly sensitive subject should not be openly discussed.

Posted By: Jazz
Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

To Rami and others, Whatever else he has said, I have not come across Dr Alwi using offensive terms like Nazi, bigot and racist. I agree that his style of posting can be somewhat blunt, but he doesn't appear to any more blunt than many on this forum. The subject of Hizb-ut-Tahrir and their modus operandi would seem to me a very pertinent topic given recent events. As I said in an ealier post, issues facing Muslim communties in non-Islamic lands is a worthy topic of conversation. If we can all be a little more moderate and respectful of each others opinions, I see no reason why this admittedly sensitive subject should not be openly discussed.

Fair call, Colin.

It worries me that when one might tend to scrutinize and possibly critisize Mohammed, his word, deeds and actions or the book attributed to his alleged discussion with an angel -  it's as if one has denied God by critisizing a man...........a book................it doesn't make sense to me for this to happen.

This person, Dr Alwi is entitled to his/her opinion and say, same as anyone else, if people experience some "pain" from what is written by this person, then just don't read his/her posts.

I think the people here on this forum are good caring people, it's a pleasant community and we all should keep on caring for everyone, equally ...............whilst we are at it..........learn from each other, argue, discuss, share, be polite, have fun,enjoy!

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 3:56pm

To Rami and others, Whatever else he has said, I have not come across Dr Alwi using offensive terms like Nazi, bigot and racist.

Colin, he has used terms like Hizbi, extremist, ppl who treat othes like dogs, people who condone suicide bombings ..... I know he did not accuse anyone of being a Nazi, but to the limit he has gone leaves just a few things, like not calling us terrorists.

I agree that his style of posting can be somewhat blunt, but he doesn't appear to any more blunt than many on this forum. The subject of Hizb-ut-Tahrir and their modus operandi would seem to me a very pertinent topic given recent events. As I said in an ealier post, issues facing Muslim communties in non-Islamic lands is a worthy topic of conversation.

Agreed. What i do not see is a conversation on this topic. The only mention of this topic has been in form of accusations at people. Surely you know there is a big difference between the two. To name one, a conversation invites ppl to talk and an accusation puts a person off right from the start.

little more moderate and respectful of each others opinions.
I cannot be respectful to someone calling me a Hizbi, that too without knowing me one iota .... Just presuming I am such and such and then hurling every possible accusation in my direction cannot be treated as a "respectful opinion".

On a side note, the comments you had reported twice in the past were taken care of. I will deal with this new report as well .... if you are complaining against not reading the posts to see them without your reporting them, you are right I did not read ... I read very little these days. But if you send a report, it will always come to notice faster.

Thank you,

Nausheen 

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 4:50pm

How to have conversation when to my every post - I get locked, baited, ridiculed  etc ? You think people cannot read and see what is happening ? Look at the thread on Muslims in Non-Muslims countries. I was having a good conversation with beloved and others but then when it comes to the part where I discuss that its difficult for Muslims to integrate into Non-Muslim societies - the topic gets locked ! Why ? People can see for themselves what is happening. You do NOT want these issues to be discussed. If indeed you are sincere - well let Colin open a thread on this same topic.  The same goes for the thread on Ban Hizb-ut-Tahrir ! Hooray ! Now where in that thread have I made very offensive and abusive remarks ? Indeed it was mostly a debate between beloved and others. I only made a few comments. Again - people can read and see that for themselves. How do you explain why that thread was locked ? Once again, if you are indeed sincere - let Colin open a thread on Hizb-ut-Tahrir. I do not need to make so much noise. People can see for themselves. They can read and they can think.

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 5:10pm
Peace To you Syed Alwi:

I will forever be tattoo by my comments towards you, some
negative some nuetral. The problem here sir is the accusations
drawn out of some of your comments however and whateevr
this is none of my business. I guess what you say politically
doesn't effect me and I don't know why. What I do draw from
your comment sis that there is some words in which are
borderline offensive to the rest and it is seen by all. Perhaps its
freedom of speech and opinion, perhaps its a way of arguing or
drawing people into arguements, but whatever it is it appears
unacceptable. I think you should accpe the fact that sometimes
what you say is offensive to some.

You may take this as a type of Muslims running away from your
comments and if you do that is truly your opinion. The point
here is that this site has rules and regulations. There is truly
and absolutely, no freedom of speech here, there is only
tolerence and the tolerence hre is dependent upon the levels
which are accepted by those moderating the forums. You must
therefore understand this reality ither respect it or perhaps start
a public forum for yourself. As for the dctor thing I understand
everyone has their opinions and people are different but a a
self-prescribed person with a doctorate I guess the
understanding here its quite odd that such a person with that
title would have extreme beliefs in politics and religion that is
my understanding and there is room for error there.

Personally, i have nothing against you and if I have truly
offended you I ask for your forgiveness but you have to
understand where everyone else comes from--just take a step
back outside your self just for this moment. BTW excuse my
grammatical errors as the buttons on my keyboard are sticking
when typing and i'm too lazy to correct my errors.

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 5:23pm
It is offensive to some only because it exposes a darker side to web-sites like these. I have no prejudices against you. My views - as many have said to me - are NOT extreme. They are normal for a Muslim living in a Non-Muslim, secular country. Even Jazz in his/her comments above - agrees with Colin that there is nothing so offensive or abusive in what I say. They may be sensitive BUT if indeed Islamicity is sincere - then please allow Colin to discuss these topics. I do not have any personal agenda. I do not need the fame and glory. And I certainly do not need the pain. I suggest that Colin be allowed to discuss these issues as they are of importance. Forget about me. Let Colin do the discussion.

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 5:36pm

I suggest that Colin be allowed to discuss these issues as they are of importance. Forget about me. Let Colin do the discussion.

If Colin is willing, by all means, the stage is all his.

Might I as well suggest that Colin monitor all opinons so that the thread not slip into extremism, paranoia, and prejudices?

Let there be no personal attack on anyone. Discuss opinions of people, not people themselves.

N

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 5:45pm
Syed Alwi said:

>>>My views - as many have said to me - are NOT extreme.
They are normal for a Muslim living in a Non-Muslim, secular
country.<<<<

As truthful this maybe what I meant was a general assertion,
but apparently what you say is apparently extreme enough for
you to be censored. I am a Muslim, I live in a secular society
and sometimes how you make certain assertions regarding
your opinion can be broad and assertive which can be a hurtful
attribute if you want constructive discussion.

About the Caliphate and the Hizb stuff that is your opinion
which really doesn't effect me but as i mention before its those
holding the the mouse and apparently those not abdiing by the
rules are one click away from censorship.

Posted By: abi-uzair
Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 5:58pm
I could recall once, my Muslim brother told us, to argue with a jahil person would make our hearts dead. I cannot remember from which source he got that saying, a hadith or muktabar ulama' saying I'm not sure. Could anyone check for me please??

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 4:50pm
You do not have to like me Abu-Uzair. But listen to what Colin has to say. I sure hope that Colin can pick up where I left off.

Posted By: b95000
Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Mr Alawi has a history of abusive ofensive and misinformed posts on this forum if you are not familiar with his past i recomend that you and anyone else wondering what is going on now not comment as you are missing a large part of the picture.

It seems to me that you owe it to those of us who've joined more recently to air the reasons Dr. Alwi is in hot water with you clearly.  So that we understand the tenor and tone of the rules here.  Don't you think that will be helpful to all?

-------------
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Posted By: b95000
Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

The similitude of you coming in this forum is that of a madman who forces himself into the cinema hall in the middle of the movie and starts preaching his "political anti-hizbi sermon" to the surprised  audience and blaming everyone of something you had experienced in one of your nightmares... flashing the torchlight in the dark at people's faces.

There is only why way to deal with such disturbers... and if you refuse medical assistance

Mockba...I thought according to Guideline 10 that:
"10. We will not tolerate personal attacks on participants from ANY Community (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion).

What gives here with public personal commentary like this, as opposed to comments about Dr. Alwi's opinions?

-------------
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 6:39pm

Originally posted by B95000 B95000 wrote:

rami wrote:

It seems to me that you owe it to those of us who've joined more recently to air the reasons Dr. Alwi is in hot water with you clearly. 

19.Your participation in discussion forums is a privilege and not a right. "Free Speech" here means that you don't pay for speaking your mind as opposed to any other belief(s) you might have. We reserve the right to remove any comment or comments that are not in line with the above rules, without giving reasons, notifications or explanations to anyone.

Alwi's case is closed. We came to some solutions on this subject, and there is no more room for discussion. How moderators function becomes the hottest topic on air, but ppl do not realise that this forum would not have been in a decent shape if moderators had not been right in majority of their moves. We do not owe any explaination to anyone. If we have given any that is out of sheer generosity (which I am running out very fast).

Peace,

N.

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 10:30pm

assalamu alaikum

Bruce i do not owe you any explanation since this does not concern you. Since you were not here when Mr Alawi was last here i sugest you and others stay out of the discussion, he is being moderated based on his prior actions which i will not go into for mere curiosity or suposed judgment by a third party.

Mr Alawi is not permited to start any new posts of his own they will be deleted, this was the action i took last time and it is still being enforced. If any posts degenerate to the same level of argumentation he was envolved in  last time he was here they will be locked and i will consider banning him altogether and anyone else involved.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 10:38pm
Rami your days are numbered. People can see the game you play. I have never said anything offensive nor abusive. Its just that you do not want people to discuss these issues because it exposes you. Thats all. If you want to ban me - by all means ban me. You banning me means nothing but when you get banned by the government - I shall have the last laugh ! Like I have said before - allow Colin to take up the issues which I raise and that includes the integration of Muslims into Non-Muslim societies as well as the modus operandi of the Hizb-ut-Tahrir. Let Colin do it.

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 7:11am

Rami your days are numbered. People can see the game you play. I have never said anything offensive nor abusive. Its just that you do not want people to discuss these issues because it exposes you. Thats all. If you want to ban me - by all means ban me. You banning me means nothing but when you get banned by the government - I shall have the last laugh ! Like I have said before - allow Colin to take up the issues which I raise and that includes the integration of Muslims into Non-Muslim societies as well as the modus operandi of the Hizb-ut-Tahrir. Let Colin do it.

Alwi is banned.

This thread is closed.

If anyone is not happy with me, is free to leave!

Peace.

-------------

[/COLOR]

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net