IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Double Standards.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDouble Standards.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double Standards.
    Posted: 14 August 2005 at 2:45am
I note that while some topics get locked for no obvious reason, there are topics in the current affairs section where a certain member has been allowed to call people, including myself, racists a bigots and a Nazis. When I challenge him to go through my posts and justify his wild allegation, predictably, I get no response from him. He has consistently acted against clear forum guidelines and remains free to continue with his outrageous behaviour. There are also many posts that are clearly little more that Anti-West propaganda, which no doubt, many Muslims living in Western countries find as equally offensive as I do. Is this a case of double standards? Or do the "powers that be" suffer from a rare form of selective word blindness?

Edited by Colin
Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 3:14am
I agree with you Colin ! You have my support. Apparently when I expose the fallacies and foolishness of their ideology - I get censored. But the way I see it - the more they censor - the less credibility they have.

Edited by Dr Syed Alwi
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 3:59am

Personally Dr Syed, I think the topic of how Muslims reconcile their deen with the political practicalities of living in a non-Muslim country is not only an interesting subject in itself, but moreover, a subject which many Muslims and/or potential Muslims living in Non-Islamic nations could, by openly discussing, derive benefit and useful guidance. The topic would also be of interest to the non-Muslim populations of such countries, which could help develop a more rounded understanding of the Islamic culture of their fellow citizens. Conversely, threads in which people are allowed to call other members racists and Nazis only serve to cause antagonism and division.

Obviously Dr Syed, we must all strive to discuss such issues making sure we pay attention to the forum guidelines. If you are referring to the foolishness of the ideology of Hizb-ut-Tahrir, I would agree that their stance appears to make little sense. I don't know how they can hope to change the political system in Britain without there being a situation where the majority of the population become converts to Islam.

Edited by Colin
Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 8:26am
Yes that is my whole idea. To get dialogue going instead of guns and bombs. And yes I was referring to Hizb-ut-Tahrir and other such groups. The problem here is that they want to build an Islamic State in their adopted Non-Muslim country. But they fail to realize that in a democracy, they must win the absolute majority in order to change the Constitution. Of course thats impossible. Silly isn't it ? I put it to you that Muslims would be better off spending their enegy in more fruitful enterprises other than on the ridiculous ideas of Hizb-ut-Tahrir.
beloved View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:35am

I have a reservation.  I am not a victim of post locking, but am a victim of post moving.

The sad part for me is it was moved without any intimation nor it had any tag bearing "Moved".

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:14am

Absolutely strange, Colin, but chin up mate, we have all sorts everywhere.

It will be very difficult to take our Dr. Alwi's support for serious. He doesn't know half the time where he is himself, not just about his words but also about his threats of "resigning" from this forum.

Never mind, you have an Afghan hitman here!!

Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 11:38am

Ok Mr Afghan hitman sir :--) Can you or anyone else, tell me if the Qur'an contains specific guidance for Muslims living in non-Islamic lands?

Many thanks.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 2:03pm
Colin I myself understand that there are double standards here, however as Sister Nausheen has wrote in other subjects humans are always susceptible to error therefore I think its important to not make what bothers you a subject of complain per say, but bring this up to one of the moderators and report whoever is disrespecting you. I think the reason why the post were locked because Dr. Syed Alwi has been warned numerous times. Even though he calls himself Muslim, its obvious that he perputrates this and obviously wishes to argue from a non-Muslim  (perhaps extremist) perspective. It had nothing to do with the subject. The subject didn't bother me so whatever is whatever. Colin take this as a grain of salt and dont let it bother you.

Edited by Israfil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic