IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Double Standards.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDouble Standards.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double Standards.
    Posted: 18 August 2005 at 7:11am

Originally posted by Dr Syed Alwi Dr Syed Alwi wrote:

Rami your days are numbered. People can see the game you play. I have never said anything offensive nor abusive. Its just that you do not want people to discuss these issues because it exposes you. Thats all. If you want to ban me - by all means ban me. You banning me means nothing but when you get banned by the government - I shall have the last laugh ! Like I have said before - allow Colin to take up the issues which I raise and that includes the integration of Muslims into Non-Muslim societies as well as the modus operandi of the Hizb-ut-Tahrir. Let Colin do it.

Alwi is banned.

This thread is closed.

If anyone is not happy with me, is free to leave!

Peace.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 10:38pm
Rami your days are numbered. People can see the game you play. I have never said anything offensive nor abusive. Its just that you do not want people to discuss these issues because it exposes you. Thats all. If you want to ban me - by all means ban me. You banning me means nothing but when you get banned by the government - I shall have the last laugh ! Like I have said before - allow Colin to take up the issues which I raise and that includes the integration of Muslims into Non-Muslim societies as well as the modus operandi of the Hizb-ut-Tahrir. Let Colin do it.

Edited by Dr Syed Alwi
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 10:30pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Bruce i do not owe you any explanation since this does not concern you. Since you were not here when Mr Alawi was last here i sugest you and others stay out of the discussion, he is being moderated based on his prior actions which i will not go into for mere curiosity or suposed judgment by a third party.

Mr Alawi is not permited to start any new posts of his own they will be deleted, this was the action i took last time and it is still being enforced. If any posts degenerate to the same level of argumentation he was envolved in  last time he was here they will be locked and i will consider banning him altogether and anyone else involved.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 6:39pm

Originally posted by B95000 B95000 wrote:

rami wrote:

Mr Alawi has a history of abusive ofensive and misinformed posts on this forum if you are not familiar with his past i recomend that you and anyone else wondering what is going on now not comment as you are missing a large part of the picture.

It seems to me that you owe it to those of us who've joined more recently to air the reasons Dr. Alwi is in hot water with you clearly. 

19.Your participation in discussion forums is a privilege and not a right. "Free Speech" here means that you don't pay for speaking your mind as opposed to any other belief(s) you might have. We reserve the right to remove any comment or comments that are not in line with the above rules, without giving reasons, notifications or explanations to anyone.

Alwi's case is closed. We came to some solutions on this subject, and there is no more room for discussion. How moderators function becomes the hottest topic on air, but ppl do not realise that this forum would not have been in a decent shape if moderators had not been right in majority of their moves. We do not owe any explaination to anyone. If we have given any that is out of sheer generosity (which I am running out very fast).

Peace,

N.

Edited by Nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

The similitude of you coming in this forum is that of a madman who forces himself into the cinema hall in the middle of the movie and starts preaching his "political anti-hizbi sermon" to the surprised  audience and blaming everyone of something you had experienced in one of your nightmares... flashing the torchlight in the dark at people's faces.

There is only why way to deal with such disturbers... and if you refuse medical assistance

Mockba...I thought according to Guideline 10 that:
"10. We will not tolerate personal attacks on participants from ANY Community (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion).

What gives here with public personal commentary like this, as opposed to comments about Dr. Alwi's opinions?
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Mr Alawi has a history of abusive ofensive and misinformed posts on this forum if you are not familiar with his past i recomend that you and anyone else wondering what is going on now not comment as you are missing a large part of the picture.

It seems to me that you owe it to those of us who've joined more recently to air the reasons Dr. Alwi is in hot water with you clearly.  So that we understand the tenor and tone of the rules here.  Don't you think that will be helpful to all?
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 4:50pm
You do not have to like me Abu-Uzair. But listen to what Colin has to say. I sure hope that Colin can pick up where I left off.
abi-uzair View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 5:58pm
I could recall once, my Muslim brother told us, to argue with a jahil person would make our hearts dead. I cannot remember from which source he got that saying, a hadith or muktabar ulama' saying I'm not sure. Could anyone check for me please??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic