IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why did Allah choose to have a son?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why did Allah choose to have a son? - Event Date: 28 December 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:49am
Muslims arent materialistic? Pfft you obviously didn't visit Dubai!
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:46am
   By the way, who does the Qur'an say was the father of Jesus?
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Larry Larry wrote:

By the way, who does the Qur'an say was the father of Jesus?

Jesus did not have a father.  He was created miraculously by the command of Allah (swt) with only a mother and no father.  If you think this somehow supports the Christian argument, you are comically mistaken.  For the Quran says:

"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was." (3:59)

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 8:46am
I would say Christians are disciples of the new testament Jesus Christ.

I would say Muslims are disciples of Mohamed.

I think the intent of Friendship was to use the story of Elton John as an analogy to the concept of God having a son.    Somewhere along the line, the analogy got bogged down to many readers here.

The big error of Muslim theology regarding Jesus as the Son of God is that they base their position on humans fathering children, and applying those concepts  to God at the time Jesus was born to Mary.    But the Son of God goes all the way back to the point of creation. 

I submit this explanation.  Jesus said he existed before Abraham and before the creation of the world.   So we must ask ourselves first, how did God come into being?   That of course is an unanswerable question.

But let's reason that before creation, what was there?   There exists only God.  I think all muslims here will agree with me on that point.   Pre-creation, there cannot be God and empty space, because, one, where would have that empty space come from, and secondly it would mean that God has boundaries.

When God decided to create - since He was all there is - the only place that he could create is within Himself.    And since creation does have boundaries, unlike God, God had to designate within Himself the boundaries of creation.    

Within that boundary, God came forth from Himself in a form that creation could perceive Him.    That coming forth is called emanation.   He came forth from Himself, and created all things.    Thus, the term the Son of God.    The Lord of Heaven.   The Lord of Creation.    The creator of all things.   We as created beings can only know God within the boundaries of creation.   

And that is who Jesus was before entering the world as the son of Mary.   Jesus was the creator of all things.    Jesus said he came forth from the Father.   He was not talking about his birth into this world (which I think muslims are thinking).   Jesus was talking about before there was anything created.

It wasn't that God decided to have a Son.    The Son has always been God.   The Son is God coming forth from Himself at the time of creation to create all things, and as God perceivable to us created beings.    Moses perceived His back on Mt. Sinai, and the Children of Israel perceived His voice.... with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Doug L.  

Edited by Douggg - 28 May 2011 at 9:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic