IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why did Allah choose to have a son?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why did Allah choose to have a son? - Event Date: 28 December 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:39pm
BTW stop calling me "people of the book." I may be of jewish lineage but I don't even read the Torah or the Talmud. I'm Agnostic. I consult with religious people I am not religious myself.

Edited by Gibbs - 07 January 2011 at 12:40pm
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:48pm
Assalamu alaika Gibbs.

Muhammad taught us never to be annoyed and that we must listen to others and pick that which is good only. In the holy Qur'an, Allah told us that when the brothers of Joseph accused him of theft, he took the milder approach and said, "The one on whom your goods are found."
Brother Gibbs (I learned of Gibbs free energy constant in physics), I told you the whole story as appeared in BBC website. What is relevant is the desire to have a child and not his homosexuality. Although he is the female partner, he was fashioned by Allah without that instrument to conceive. Allah argued that he is not an animal and therefore has no desire. For Allah to have a son according to what He revealed to Muhammad, he must have a desire! The Quraysh argued that how could Muhammad whom they met in the streets, goes to the market, eat, drink, sleep, with wife and children be given Apostleship above them?
I hope you understaand now. I will never be aannoyed with you.
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:13pm
Friendship,

You speak of Muhammad telling his followers "never to be annoyed and we must listen to others..."

Then you reply to my posting that "Reason, common sense and logic reject your assertion." I would love for you to illuminate us all and explain how "Reason, common sense and logic reject my statements." Are you basing these "observations" on the Qur'an? And if they are based on the Qur'an, what does that have to do with me as a Christian? My beliefs are based on the Holy Bible not the Qur'an.

You also state that I am "already biased and prejudiced."

That sounds like someone who is annoyed...and a bit too self-righteous for their own good. And I would venture to say that your postings show that you are also "biased and prejudiced" toward your own religion and beliefs.

Maybe you should practice what you preach.

Larry

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 1:21pm
Assalamu alaika Larry.

Muhammad never separated the Bible from the Qur'an except on what Allah revealed to him (us). If you cannot reason you will never fear Allah. Imagine you in Egypt when Allah commanded Moses, "Stretch your aarm toward the sky and everything wioll be covered with darkness thick enough to touch." According to the Bible Egypt was covered in darkness for three days. Then the king of Egypt sent for Moses and told him, "Go wworship the Lord! And take your faamilies with you. Just leaave your sheep, goats and caattle." Go to Egypt and see the mummified body of Pharaoh. It is not mentioned in the Bible that Allah preserved the body as a lesson for future generations that the days of tyrants are short lived. Please stop calling yourself a CHRISTIAN. There is no where in the Bible as confirmed by the Qur'an where Allah ever addressed one as a CHRISTIAN. You are a Muslim. The belief in the Bible is that there is only One Allah. This is the belioef also in the Qur'an. There is no biase, prejudice and self-centredness in what Muhammad confirmed.

Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 6:32pm
Friendship,

You state that "Muhammad never separated the Bible from the Qur'an except on what Allah revealed to him (us)." If you cannot reason you will never fear Allah."

Whether I "fear" God or not it is none of your business. And I guess you mean that I need to "reason" that Islam is the true religion and not Christianity. That is your belief, not mine.

You also say; "please stop calling yourself a Christian. There is no where in the Bible as confirmed by the Qur'an where Allah ever addressed one as a Christian."

Technically you're right, God never PERSONALLY addresses anyone as a "Christian" but Christians are named in the New Testament by the Apostle Peter and the Apostle Paul.
   I Peter 4:16 "Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.
   Acts 11:26 "And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch."

So you see, there are references to Christians in the Bible, which is God's Word to Christians as the Qur'an is also Allah's Word to Muhammad and Muslims. But you said, "confirmed by the Qur'an..." as if nothing in the Bible is true unless it is "confirmed" by the Qur'an. I do not accept your viewpoint on this matter as it does not apply to me as a CHRISTIAN.

You said: "You (meaning myself) are a Muslim." I disregard that statement also.

You state: "The belief in the Bible is that there is only one God (Allah). I agree, that is my belief also.

You state: "There is no bias(e), predjudice and self-centredness in What Muhammad confirmed."

There is no bias, prejudice or self-centeredness in anything that Jesus Christ said or did either. As to whether the Holy Bible and the Holy Qur'an have any biases, prejudices and self-centeredness is open to debate and interpretation by Christians and Muslims.

I don't mock the Qur'an and I would hope that you would not feel the need to mock the Holy Bible by making ugly accusations about it. When I say I don't accept the Qur'an I refer to my personal beliefs as a Christian, but still respect the Qur'an. I would appreciate it if you would treat the Holy Bible in the same respect.

Larry

Edited by Larry - 09 January 2011 at 6:43pm
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 7:12pm
I think Friendship has a way of telling how effed up the capitalistic and materialistic west is in mentioning the birth of a child through a process no different than used by the breeders whether cattle or pets...And he juxtaposed that with Jesus 's birth!
Now let's examine what are the facts:
A British singer named Elton John ( aka Sir =Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE)(Motto For God and Empire) becomes wife of an American Mr. David Furnish in 2005 LOL...
In 2010 this celebrity musician wanted a baby either through adoption if not then of his own making...Last Christmas day a baby boy is born of a California surrogate with egg from unknown source and Mrs. Furnish/ Sir John's  sperm as indicated on the birth certificate.

We all have seen onetime or another the showbiz celebrities have been doing all kinds of grotesque sex related antics like collecting pets, making babies without wedlock and lately they have been collecting human babies to attract more paparazzi running after them to satisfy the prurient interest of the sicko world...

The British monarchy has stood as vanguard of the Western Christianity (based on god having son)for longest period of time and I think Friendship has opened this as a case against her for her pretensions...
There are lots of people who for shear ignorance and or absence of real faith in their lives and society have come to worship these singers and entertainers in particular a substitute of divinity!
No matter how bizarre things they do, are signs their god sent under their own moral standards or rather absence there of! If you know somethings from Greek and Roman mythology you might see where are they coming from but not in the KJV if you are think about the motto of being a knight of the Brits Empire...

There has been lots of discussion online and quite a few are just waiting to see how big a musical prodigy that newly bred kid would be? There have been all kinds of comments...Who knows what the kid will do?
When he gets out of high school his dad Sir Elton/Mrs. Furnish would be octogenarian along with dad's husband Mr. Furnish, just imagine the scene...Bizarre is not the right word!
That is what I see when Friendship said "Let commonsense prevail"
That why he quoted the signs from Quraan but I doubt most will see that way...

Edited by Sign*Reader - 11 January 2011 at 7:29pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:25pm
Now to make Sir Eltons kid's Passport application simple...

Edited by Sign*Reader - 11 January 2011 at 10:30pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 3:43am
Sign Reader, labeling the entire West as materialistic is no better than labeling the entire Muslim world as 7th century thinking. There are plenty of spiritual Westerners as there are plenty of modern Muslims.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic