IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Friday Sermons  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friday Sermons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:27am
Today's khutbah was about the strict prohibition of khamr (intoxicants), with emphasis on alcohol.  The imam mentioned that the act of drinking alcohol invalidates one's prayers and good deeds for a period of 40 days and that the one who drinks alcohol cannot enter Paradise.  Therefore, let us never forget the seriousness of this issue. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 4:47pm

A reminder in the khutbah about fasting 10th of Muharram (9,10,11), and that Muharram is one of the four blessed months.

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 11:27am
As-salaam alaikum.  Today's khutbah was again about the importance of salah.  Those who neglect the salah without a valid reason shall not enter Paradise.  The virtues of salah are illustrated in the story of a blind man who would always walk to the mosque.  His wife was always concerned that he would get hurt but he was hesitant to give up walking to the mosque and instead pray at home (which is perfectly acceptable as well given his condition), because he did not want to part with the Sunnah of the prophet.  One day, he got hurt but still refused to stop going to the mosque.  That night, he saw the prophet in a dream and his blindness was miraculously cured.  The moral is that salah is very important and we should not neglect it.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 2:42pm
Today's khutbah was a caution against wearing amulets and talismans as a protection or prevention from harm, and not falling into shirk as a result.  Whether protection from harm or cure of illness we place our trust in Allah.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2011 at 8:51pm
Today's khutbah was about the signs of weak iman.  These signs include wasting time (such as with watching too much television), looking at haram things, mistreating one's parents, gossiping, back-biting etc.  Let us strive to avoid such things so as to strengthen our iman.  

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2011 at 1:51pm
As-salaam alaikum.  Today's khutbah was about various issues.  These included ethical business practices, not wasting time on trivial matters, not obsessing over trivial matters (like how many points Lebron James scores per game) to the point where they cause arguments or other problems, to avoid materialistic feelings etc.  The imam also spoke about how on the Day of Judgment, our own bodies will speak against us.  He used this to speak out against smoking, which is haraam since it is extremely unhealthy.  Sadly, it is widely accepted throughout the world, including in Muslim communities.  He also warned parents to watch out for their children, so that they may not be misguided and fall into the temptations which exist around them, such as drugs. 

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 12:17pm

As-salaam alaikum.  Today's khutbah was a warning to Muslims not to commit sinful behavior, especially after doing good deeds, such as going to Friday prayers.  The imam warned that such actions reduce the rewards of good deeds.  He also commented once again on the importance of the prayers, and that 17 rakats are the minimum requirement per day but that we should strive to do more. 

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 11:20am

As-salaam alaikum.  Today's khutbah was about loving Allah (swt) above all else.  This means in turn to love His word, the Quran, to read it everyday and to put into practice its precepts.  Finally, we should love the prophet and follow his Sunnah.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic