Print Page | Close Window

Friday Sermons

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17663
Printed Date: 27 April 2024 at 12:21am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Friday Sermons
Posted By: islamispeace
Subject: Friday Sermons
Date Posted: 29 October 2010 at 11:40am
As-salaam alaikum to islamicity members.  I thought it was a good idea to start a thread on the khutbahs we hear every Friday and share with the people on this forum. 

I just came back from Jumah prayers at my local masjid and thought I might write to you about the sermon the imam gave, which I thought was very good and important. 

The main point which struck me was when he said Allah loves more that you do something He loves and has commanded you to do than to not do something which He has commanded you not to do.  As an example, the imam mentioned the story of Adam and Eve and Satan.  Adam and Eve were commanded by God not to eat from the forbidden tree.  Satan was commanded to bow down to Adam.  They all disobeyed God, but in the end, Adam and Eve were banished from Heaven temporarily (and forgiven their sins because they sincerely repented) while Satan was banished from Heaven for all eternity and condemned to Hell.  I have read this story numerous times in the Quran and never thought of it that way.  It truly is a beautiful message. 

In addition to this, the imam mentioned the importance of sabr (patience).  As an example, he mentioned how he has the utmost respect for people whose mother tongue is not Arabic and yet they have memorized the Quran.  Why?  Because if you don't speak Arabic,  it can be difficult to learn and recite the Quran.  This requires a lot of patience, as I know form personal experience.  He then mentioned a hadith from Sahih Muslim:

Book 004, Number 1745:

'A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) (as saying): One who is proficient in the Qur'an is associated with the noble, upright, recording angels; and he who falters in it, and finds it difficult for him, will have a double reward.

This is truly an uplifting message to all those who sincerely study the Quran, who falter in its recitation because they do not know Arabic but who persevere patiently out of love for Allah.  They shall have double the reward.  It brings a tear to my eye to know that Allah is so loving and forgiving.  All praise and glory is due to Him.

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Replies:
Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 29 October 2010 at 2:17pm

The emphasis at my Mosque was repentance, moreover; sincere repentance having remorse and conviction not to repeat the offense/sin. 

Posted By: Friendship
Date Posted: 30 October 2010 at 3:11pm
Assalamu alaikum. Islamispeace and abuayisa.

But how long did the Khutba last? I am not going to enter into any disagreement with anyone for Muslims believe in altering the Sunna of the holy Apostle. I reed what Wael Alkhairo wrote in his book "Speaking for change" A guide to making effective Friday sermons. He justified the ignorance of the Muslim Umma in disobeying the holy Apostle by prolonging the Friday sermon. May allah forgive us.
Friendship

Date Posted: 30 October 2010 at 3:22pm
"sigh"

Date Posted: 30 October 2010 at 4:01pm
Assalamu alaikum.

The most terrible one will be in the Hereafter!

Friendship.

Date Posted: 30 October 2010 at 5:19pm
Brother Friendship, I understand what you are saying but that is not the purpose of this thread.  To answer your question, the khutbah lasted about 15 minutes.   What did the imam at your masjid speak about? 

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 30 October 2010 at 9:33pm

Good thread. Please keep it posting. Every friday as soon as my brothers and father return from masjids, first question i used to ask them was the topic of qutbah and its discussion. I just love this thread now. Plz do share the Khutbahs

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 30 October 2010 at 11:01pm
Assalamu alaikum.

I used to lead the Friday Juma'at prayer in my working place before I retired.
You see, Islamispeace, I do not understand this Islam and how Allah will judge in the Hereafter that I adopt the attitude  of 'Abdullah ibn Umar in following the Sunna. My Khutba used to last for about four minutes and my prayer eight minutes. My Khutba mainly consisted of Tawhid, the Hereafter etc. The second Khutba contained an explanation of the first Khutba and a hadith of the holy Apostle. This is in proportion to the lenght of time the holy Apostle spent. Of course, I speak faster than the holy Apostle. MY POINT IS: I DO NOT BELIEVE IN INNOVATION. What I see Muslims do is not to my liking and I stay away from them.

Date Posted: 05 November 2010 at 11:18am
For today's khutbah, the imam talked about the importance of Hajj, and about fasting on the Day of Arafat which is considered to be of great value.  By performing the Hajj, we are walking in the footsteps of the prophet Muhammad and prophet Ibrahim (pbut).  May we all get to experience that before we meet our Lord in the hereafter.  Ameen.

What other khutbahs were given?  Everyone please share.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 November 2010 at 4:37pm

Yeah, fasting was also the topic of our khutbah today; and how beneficial fasting in general is for believers.  He also touched upon those who are planning to slaughter should not clip nails or remove hair from the first of Dhul Hijjah, which I assume should be this weekend -  insha'Allah.

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 09 November 2010 at 11:00pm
Great Thread mashAllah... will be interesting to hear what others share.

Unfortunately I only go the Masjid on Eid, and even then do not understand anything since the Imam speaks in Malay.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 12 November 2010 at 11:22am
For today's khutbah, the imam spoke about the importance of forgiving and to not keep oneself separated because of an argument.  He urged the congregation to make peace with those whom we have an ongoing grudge with, especially in these holy days of the Hajj and Eid al-Adha.  Finally, he brought up the importance of the Day of Arafat and the virtues of fasting on that day.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 November 2010 at 6:11pm
Our khutbah focused on the prohibition of body tattoo and piercing - changing Allah's creation:

�May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah.� (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538).

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 13 November 2010 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Our khutbah focused on the prohibition of body tattoo and piercing - changing Allah's creation:

�May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah.� (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538).

salaam alykum!
Were there cases of Muslim women getting tattoos at that time?

The community had hardly enough to eat and life being so primitive where did the instruments for tattooing and plucking came from?

Are some of the most pressing issues facing the voiceless Muslim people around?

I am just curious would you ask the imam next time you see him...what would he recommend for a young woman  suffering from Poly cystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)? That would let the girl look like a bearded character if not covered by niqab! And btw which Muslim of today will marry her if she doesn't do the whole state of the art hair works?

Isn't the wife supposed to make herself  beautiful for her husband?
I will be waiting for an answer anxiously till next Friday!

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 14 November 2010 at 10:57am

"sigh" ...is there any benefit in answering rhetorical questions?

Date Posted: 14 November 2010 at 6:14pm
No, it is not rhetorical... it is real case I am talking about, nothing to "sigh" about  abuayisha

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 14 November 2010 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

salaam alykum!
Were there cases of Muslim women getting tattoos at that time?

The community had hardly enough to eat and life being so primitive where did the instruments for tattooing and plucking came from?

Come on Sign! Those were not the stone-ages. If the hadith mentions this, obviously this was a tend at the time. Unless you are implying that this hadith was concocted? In which case, whats the point in talking about it at all since you don't believe in it? Just because you are not aware of the various tools & methods of plucking, does not mean it did not exist. Tattooing is a very ancient art, all it requires is dye, and a sharp enough object to prick you. All it takes is a needle. They had needles back then - I'm sure you know.

Quote Are some of the most pressing issues facing the voiceless Muslim people around?

Agreed that this may not be a pressing issue facing Muslims in SOME countries. I doubt that an Imam in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia may need to address this issue. But in a western, non-Muslim society where Muslim youth come across such things - it IS an issue that needs to be addressed. Perhaps it  may be down the priority list, but it cannot just be ignored. Some people simply don't know about these things. A relative of mine in the USA, had a religious awakening and the first thing he did was go have the Kalimma tattooed on his arm. I bet if his Imam had spoken of it, he would have desisted.  So Imams need to be in touch with their society, their congregation and the issues that face them.  I think this was an appropriate topic to address in the USA, although it would not be a very good topic in a local Pakistani mosque.

Quote I am just curious would you ask the imam next time you see him...what would he recommend for a young woman  suffering from Poly cystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)? That would let the girl look like a bearded character if not covered by niqab! And btw which Muslim of today will marry her if she doesn't do the whole state of the art hair works?

I appreciate how you always speak up for the women Bro! Its nice to see Muslim men say to other men 'mind your own biz' when it comes to Muslimah's personal matters. Clap. I get riled up on that too.. however I would not put the Imam in the same category... since if he minded only his own biz, he would not be doing the job of an educator. I would ease up on an Imam or older person and categorize that as advise. 

BTW all scholars have agreed that women with excessive facial hair can take measures to solve their problem. So I bet the Imam would say the same to a lady with such a problem. In case of exceptions, normal rules are not applied. But even for females with no such extreme condition it is ok to neaten up as long as they don't arch those brows and shape them. A muslimah is not at all bound by religion to have a cavemanish unibrow...

Isn't the wife supposed to make herself  beautiful for her husband?

Ofcourse she is. (And so is the husband). But within the realms of Islam. Every whim of his is not to be taken seriously... for e.g. if a husband wants his wife to opt for plastic surgery, tattoos, piercings or any other beautification method which is either harmful, painful or not allowed - then she has a right to say no, and should say no. Same applies to the husband's beautification/handsomification regime.

So it was obviously not addressed to me.... but still.....

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 16 November 2010 at 8:20pm
Eid Khutbah: Our Eid Khutbah was on the following hadith;

"If Allah wants to do good to a person, He makes him comprehend the religion."

And the du'a: Oh Allah increase me in knowledge..

Date Posted: 19 November 2010 at 2:56pm
Today's khuybah was about "staying the course".  The one who benefits most from belief is the one who, during some calamity or difficulty, puts his or her faith in Allah and shows patience through the whole ordeal and not just half way through.  The imam likened it to taking medicine as directed by a doctor through the whole course of therapy.  We would not stop taking the medicine half way through only to get no real benefit, so why would we stop taking the medicine of Islam only to stop half way through?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2010 at 7:49pm
Our khutbah was about death - preparing for the inevitable.

Date Posted: 26 November 2010 at 11:26am
Today's khutbah was about the sin of backbiting, which was described by the prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) as saying anything about another person which they would not want you to say.  The imam also mentioned that believers should not create fitna between friends and family.  

-------------

Date Posted: 26 November 2010 at 5:26pm
Today was a continuation from last week's topic of 'every soul must taste death'; thus correct your mistakes now.

Date Posted: 03 December 2010 at 2:12pm
I was unable to go for the jumah prayers today as I have a cold.  InshaAllah, I should get over it in a few days.  Anyone who went, please share the khutbahs given.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 December 2010 at 2:35pm
Discussion centered around the prohibition of hair extensions.

Date Posted: 04 December 2010 at 12:17pm

The topic under discussion this khutbah { as shared by my husband} was importance of bringing up children with ISLAMIC values. Most of the muslims here are giving importance for their children to acquire worldy education but not teaching them of Islam.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 10 December 2010 at 12:42pm
Today's khutbah was about the virtues of fasting during the 9th, 10th and 11th days of Muharram.  It was during this month that the prophet made his Hijrah and when Allah saved Moses and the Children of Israel from the Pharaoh.  The imam also mentioned the importance of loving Allah and His messenger.   

-------------

Date Posted: 10 December 2010 at 2:11pm
Prohibition of transparent and tight fitting clothes for women, and plucking grey hair for men.

Date Posted: 17 December 2010 at 1:47pm
Today's khutbah was about, as expected, Ashura.  This is a holy day in which fasting is recommended, though not required.  This is the day that many great favors of Allah descended on His prophets.  He saved Moses from the Pharaoh.  He alleviated Job's suffering.  He forgave Adam.  Of course, it is also a day of sadness as it was on this day that the prophet Muhammad's family was massacred at Karbala, by the forces of the Ummayad Caliph Yazid, the son of Muawiyah.  The ones who were martyred this day included the prophet's grandson, Imam Hussein and his family.  And although we mourn the brutal deaths of the prophet's family, we also rejoice, because they are with Allah.  The Quran says:

(2:154) And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 December 2010 at 2:28pm
Prohibition of wearing gold and silk (for men) and drinking from gold and silver cups.

Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Today's khutbah was about, as expected, Ashura.  This is a holy day in which fasting is recommended, though not required.  This is the day that many great favors of Allah descended on His prophets.  He saved Moses from the Pharaoh.  He alleviated Job's suffering.  He forgave Adam.  Of course, it is also a day of sadness as it was on this day that the prophet Muhammad's family was massacred at Karbala, by the forces of the Ummayad Caliph Yazid, the son of Muawiyah.  The ones who were martyred this day included the prophet's grandson, Imam Hussein and his family.  And although we mourn the brutal deaths of the prophet's family, we also rejoice, because they are with Allah.  The Quran says:

(2:154) And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.

It is known that Shiit dogma revolves around the events of Karbala...They use lunar calender to recreate the events for flagellation drama of heat, thirst and blockage of water by the government force which is so unscientific b/c there is no way to make anniversary of that weather conditions by lunar calender! People don't celebrate birthdays or death anniversaries anywhere using lunar dates and look sensible. I know not all Muslims do this birthday thing but lot of them do! Since the end of colonial rule the birthday of Prophet(saw) is being  celebrated in Sunni majority places using lunar calendar too! I wonder about that too!
It is fine to fast if recommended on some Muharram date but saying this could be used is an anniversary reference to an event is an innovation, please think it with open mind instead of being dogmatic!

Only month of fasting by lunar system has its great significance the way antipodean world and the angular travel of earth around sun; not known or understood at the time of revelations! This was blessings to permit at least traversing through all seasons during the fasting at least twice in average life times.
Any wonder the nonthinking Muslims fell behind in the scientific field and playing catchup now!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:24am
Today's khutbah was appropriately about the status of Jesus (pbuh) in Islam, his birth etc.  The imam mentioned some ayats mentioning Jesus, how he taught monotheism, how he was a servant of God and how his miraculous birth was easy for Allah (swt).  He also mentioned some of the other miraculous births, such as those of Adam (pbuh) who was created without a mother or father, of Eve (ra) who was created from Adam and again without a mother or father, of Isaac (pbuh) who was born when both his parents were in old age.  All these examples serve to remind us of the power of God and how He can do anything without difficulty.   

-------------

Date Posted: 24 December 2010 at 3:08pm
The permissibility of combining prayers due to hardship.

Date Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:29am
The khutbah for 12/31/10 was a retelling of the Quranic story of Mary (ra) and Jesus (pbuh).  Mary was chosen by God and was in His care, even when Zakariyah (pbuh) was her caretaker.  Jesus' birth was one of the signs of Allah and His word ("Be!"), and not God's son, as the Christians believe.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:50pm
No khutbah for today as I was unable to attend the services due to a snow storm.  

-------------

Date Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:23am
As Salamu Alaikum

This friday's khutbah in my masjids around my place was about the islamic month of safar. It was discussed about the superstitions and misconceptions people hold of this month. Alhamdulillah, people were educated about it that thru the sayings of Prophet

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:42am
Today's khutbah was about controlling one's anger, even in the face of one's enemies.  The imam used the example of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who was never quick to anger and instead showed kindness and mercy even to his enemies, as in the case of the conquest of Mecca.  The imam alluded to the Quran which states in Surah 60:7 -

"It may be that Allah will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For Allah has power (over all things); And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

-------------

Date Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:37am
As Salamu Alaikum

It was a good reminder brother.JazakAllah for sharing it with us. It's hard to hold anger even with enemies. But the sunnah and the ayah you shared shall insha Allah help us. There was an article was just reading - Anger for the sake of Allah, insha Allah , shall share it over - General Islamic matter section.

Topic of Khutbah as shared by my brother was about flying kites. It's a festival of other religions but irrespective of any religion, boys here enjoy flying kites. They were taught in khutbah that flying kites is not encouraged in Islam as it leads to many wrong things. Islam teaches us to play those sports that make us sportive.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:11pm
Assalamu alaikum.
I do not attend the Friday prayer because it is not done according to the sunna of the holy Apostle

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><>

The first Sermon delivered by the holy Apostle at the valley of Ranuna has been reserved. compare the time spen by your Imams with the tim e spent by the holy Apostle:

ان الحمد لله نحمده ونستعينه ونستغفره ونعوذ نالله مز شرور انفسنا ومن سيآت اعما لنا من يهده الله فلا مضل له ومن يضلل فلا ها دى له واشهد أن لأله الا الله واشهد ان محمدا عبده ورسوله.

اما بعد ايها النا س فقد موا لأنفسكم تعلمن والله ليصقن احدكم, ثم ليدعن غنمه تيس لها راع, ثم ليقو لن له ربه وليس له تر جمان, ولاحاجب يحجبه دونه, الم يأتك رسولى فبلغك, وآتيتك مالا, وافضلت عليك, فما قدمت لنفسك, فلينظر يمينا وشما لا, فلا يرى شيئا, ثم لينظرن قدامه فلا يرى غير جهنم, فمن استطاع ان يقى وجهه من النار ولو بشق من التمر فليفعل, ومن لم يجده فبكلمة طيبة, فان بها تجزى الحسنة بعشر امثالها الى سبعما ئة ضعف, والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته.

Meaning: All praise belongs to Allah. It is He whom we praise. We seek His Help, His forgiveness. We seek refuge from Him from our evil deed and misconduct. Whoever receives Allah�s guidance will never go astray, and he whom Allah misguides will never be guided. I bear witness that there is no lawgiver but Allah, and that Muhammad (ibn Abdullah bin Abdulmutallab) is his messenger and servant.

Now! O mankind! Be virtuous and perform good deeds for your own good. Know full well that on the day of Judgment you will scream and abandon your sheep, goats and cattle, leaving them to wander without a herdsman.  His Lord will then call on him without an interpreter and a screen between him and his Lord, �Has not My messenger delivered you my Message? Have I not bestowed you with wealth? Have I not bestowed abundance on you? What have you done for your own good with all that I gave you? He will then look around- to the right and left. He will not see anything. He will then look down but only to see the hell fire. The one who has the ability to shade his face from the Hell fire with a small quantity of date, let him do so. The one who cannot do so, let him save himself from the hell fire with good words. Indeed one will be rewarded ten to seven hundred times. Peace and blessing of Allah be upon you.

The second Khutba is:
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12">
<>

ان الحمد لله احمده واستعينه, نعوذ بالله من شرور انفسنا, وسيئات اعمالنا, من يهده الله فلا مضل له, ومن يضلل فلا هادى له, واشهد ان لااله الا الله وحده لاشريك له واشهد ان محمدا عبده ورسوله. ان احسن الحديث كتاب الله, قد افلح من زينه الله فى قلبه, وادخله فى الآسلام بعد الكفر, فاختاره ما سواه من احاديث الناس, انه احسن الحديث وابلغه, احبوا ما احب الله, احبوا الله من كل قلو بكم, وتملواكلام الله وذكره, ولاتقس عنه قلو بكم, فانه من كل ما يخلق الله يختار ويصطفى, قدسماه الله خيرته من اعمال, ومصطفاه من العباد والصا لح من الحديث, ومن كل ما اوتى الناس من الحلال واحرام, فاعبد الله ولا تشركو به شيئا, وتقوه حق تقاته, واصد قوالله صالح ما تقولون بافواهكم وتحابوا بروح الله بينكم, ان الله يغضب ان ينكث عهده, واسسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته.

Meaning: Praise be to Allah. I praise and seek His Assistance. We seek refuge with Allah from our evil deeds. Whoever receives Allah�s guidance will never go astray, and he whom Allah misguides will never be guided. I bear witness that there is no lawgiver but Allah, and that Muhammad (ibn Abdullah bin Abdulmutallab) is his messenger and servant.

Indeed the best narration is the Book of Allah. The one who Allah made his book beautiful in his heart will prosper. And He will admit him into the fold of Islam. The Book of Allah has no parallel among other books. It is the best narration that penetrates the heart of man. Therefore love that which Allah loves. Let the love of Allah be in your heart. Let the Speech of Allah and his Remembrance be the full enjoyment of your heart. For, whatever Allah chose and preferred, is indeed the best of His choice. One should worship Allah only on what is permissible and sacrosanct and should not associate anything with Allah. Obey and Fear Allah as demanded by Him and believe in Him. This is the best of your speech. Extend and spread the Love of Allah among yourselves. Allah is not pleased with those who do not fulfill his Covenant. Peace and blessing of Allah be upon you.

Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 10:18pm

Kindly stayout of this thread, when you don't attend friday prayers.

Here in this thread, we share friday Qutbahs. You will be deviating from the topic as do not hold any topic of friday sermons

-------------

Date Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:04pm
Assalamu alaikum seekshidayath.

Your post: Kindly stayout of this thread, when you don't attend friday prayers.
Response: Is such remark according to the hadith of the holy Apostle on Nasiha? Are we allowed to perform an Ibadat not according to the Sunna of the holy Apostle? Whay do you understand by this hadith of the holy Apostle, "The one who does not stand by my Sunna is not with me." What is the limit of the Sunna?

Your posted: Here in this thread, we share friday Qutbahs. You will be deviating from the topic as do not hold any topic of friday sermons.

Response: Is there any sermon more important leading one to enter Paradise other than the sermons of the holy Apostle? Are the sermons of the holy Apostle meant to make one abide by his Sunna? It is unfortunate that you do not like to be corrected simply because you do not know and therefore fail to understand.
Please educate me according according to you study and understanding: What is the objective of the friday sermon? Is it meant for correction or rhetorics. I meant : We heard and we disobey or we heard and obey! 
I could remember asking some questions on Friday prayer, but I never get a response. I asked the questions just to make you and others know their mistakes.

Date Posted: 21 January 2011 at 11:44am
Today's khutbah was a general reminder about Allah's mercy towards His servants.  The imam also gave glad tidings to those who have sinned to not give up hope, as Allah if forgiving and merciful.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:07pm
Assalamu alaika Islamipeace.

Please do not be deceived by the Imams who do not understand the basics of Islam. They are birds of the same feathers. Allah through the life history i.e the seera of the holy Apostle explained on what conditions He accepts repentance. The holy Apostle further explained. The majority of our sins are of the major category as explained in the first 31 verses of holy Qur'an Chapter 4.  The expiation of these sins is in this world. Please be careful. I hope you will understand what I meant for the Sahabas said:

فما لم يكن يو مئذ الدينا فلا يكون اليوم دينا
It is only sins described as Lamama ie. trivial that are forgiven.

Date Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Please do not be deceived by the Imams who do not understand the basics of Islam. They are birds of the same feathers. Allah through the life history i.e the seera of the holy Apostle explained on what conditions He accepts repentance. The holy Apostle further explained. The majority of our sins are of the major category as explained in the first 31 verses of holy Qur'an Chapter 4.  The expiation of these sins is in this world. Please be careful. I hope you will understand what I meant for the Sahabas said:

فما لم يكن يو مئذ الدينا فلا يكون اليوم دينا
It is only sins described as Lamama ie. trivial that are forgiven.

Walaikum as-salaam.  Brother, please do not put words into the mouths of others.  The imam at my masjid did not say that sins are just forgiven and that we can just keep sinning.  He was merely saying that those of us who sin should not lose hope of Allah's mercy.  Do you not know what the Prophet said, as mentioned in Sahih Muslim:

"Book 037, Number 6622: Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if you were not to commit sin, Allah would sweep you out of existence and He would replace (you by) those people who would commit sin and seek forgiveness from Allah, and He would have pardoned them."
The only sin that is not forgivable is shirk.  And that is only after we die.  If we die in shirk, we are doomed.  But if we die as Muslims who sinned, we are still given hope.  If we have faith equal to that of a mustard seed, then we will be in Jannah, inshaAllah, as the Prophet stated:

"
Book 001, Number 0355: Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported: Verily the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Allah will admit into Paradise those deserving of Paradise, and He will admit whom He wishes out of His Mercy, and admit those condemned to Hell into the Fire (of Hell). He would then say: See, he whom you find having as much faith in his heart as a grain of mustard, bring him out. They will then be brought out burned and turned to charcoal, and would be cast into the river of life, and they would sprout aj does a seed in the silt carried away by flood. Have you not seen that it comes out yellow (fresh) and intertwined?"
Do you not see that by your words, you are creating fitnah and divisions among Muslims?  Is that what we need now? 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:38pm

I am still coming to you. Please read to understand and not just to regurgitate. Digest what you read so that it can be assimilated and transported into the body for the production of energy (benefit of the body). If I am creating Fitnah, then according to what I wrote, it had already been created. I am just mentioning it. I see no benefit in contradicting the Sunna of the holy Apostle even in Mandub acts. What of compulsory acts? Please read the meaning of the Sunna, what one is expected from the Sunna carefully for example in the books written by as-Shatibi, Ibn Taymiyya, al-Jawzi, al-Ghazali, al-Baghdadi etc.

Posted By: AbnerJack
Date Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:00pm
I thought it was a good idea to start up. Thanks for sharing.

Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:13am

Sorry I did not respond to your post on 30/10/2010. If it is true that the holy Apostle said the time spent on the two raka'at should be longer than the two sermons and a follower reversed that, what is the position of that follower. I am not trying to be an extremist, but just to be like any of the Sahabas who do not change the sunna of the holy Apostle. As I said, I do not attend the Fridat prayer as it is done during the time of Zuhr prayer and not a single sunna of the holy apostle is followed by the Imam. I pray Zuhr. 

Date Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:53pm
I cud not know the topic of this khutbah, so cud not share it.

JazakAllah khayr for the sharing, islamipeace.

I don't see bro. Abuayisha this week with his sharing of khutbah ?

Welcome to Islamicity's discussion forum, Abner Jack

Wishing you a happy stay.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 January 2011 at 11:27am
Today's khutbah was about the importance of salah.  As we know, salah is one of the 5 "pillars of Islam" and rightfully so.  The imam mentioned how those who neglect their prayers their whole lives will die with Allah's anger upon them.  In the grave, they will be subjected to punishment and when they are resurrected, Allah will be angry with them.  On the other hand, those who keep the prayers will die with Allah's blessings upon them and they will be resurrected with Allah being pleased with them.  Let us try our best to keep the prayers and not neglect them, inshaAllah.    

-------------

Date Posted: 28 January 2011 at 11:30am

Sorry I did not respond to your post on 30/10/2010. If it is true that the holy Apostle said the time spent on the two raka'at should be longer than the two sermons and a follower reversed that, what is the position of that follower. I am not trying to be an extremist, but just to be like any of the Sahabas who do not change the sunna of the holy Apostle. As I said, I do not attend the Fridat prayer as it is done during the time of Zuhr prayer and not a single sunna of the holy apostle is followed by the Imam. I pray Zuhr. 

Walaikum as-salaam.  The first part of your statement is true.  However, that is not a good reason to neglect the Jumah prayer.  The Quran makes the Jumah prayer obligatory and so did the prophet.  So, you are breaking with the Quran and the Sunnah for not attending the prayer.  Your reason for doing so is not sufficient. 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 January 2011 at 8:54pm
Our khateeb spoke about honor through obeying tenants of our faith, and making repentance for misdeeds.

Date Posted: 28 January 2011 at 10:35pm

Your post: The Quran makes the Jumah prayer obligatory and so did the prophet.

Response: I do not think the Muslims understand what the Qur'an says on Friday prayer. Secondly they do not understand the conditions the holy Apostle set for validity of the prayer. Sometimes ago a member of this forum drew the attention of the member on SHURUT. Please read your books explaining the sunna. We are not in the wilderness.

Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 7:56am
Friendship the position you take requires evidence from the Quran, Sunnah.  Jumah is within Allah's Sharee'ah.  What is your evidence?  Bring forth your evidence that allows you to change Allah's Law, or simply remain silent.

Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 10:14am
Assalamu alaika abuayisha.

Congratulations! I really appreciate your wisdom. Islam is an ideology governed by proofs and evidences. Please get hold of Za'd al Ma'ad by ibn Jawzi vol.1, or Tafsir of Qur'an by Shankiti on Sura Juma'a to satisfy yourself.
I am not changing Allah's Law, but rather enforcing the Shari'a or sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah.

Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 10:28am
Assalamu alaika Islamispeace.

Your post: The imam at my masjid did not say that sins are just forgiven and that we can just keep sinning.  He was merely saying that those of us who sin should not lose hope of Allah's mercy.

Question: Please try to know the practical details of how Allah accepts someone's repentance. Don't introduce the doctrine of vicarious atonement of sin into Islam. It is clear that major sins are not forgiven. When Yazid ibn Abu Sufyan took alcohol in Syria he quoted Qur'an chapter 5:93. 'Umar bin Khattab explained the meaning of the verse. He repented and was given eighty lashes. If he had refused to repent, then he had become an apostate.
Brother! don't rely on these Imams. Did you not hear what the Imams in Tunisia, Egypt are saying? The Sunna deals with those with education of the sunna and govern people.

Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 5:44pm

Assalamu alaika abuayisha.

Congratulations! I really appreciate your wisdom. Islam is an ideology governed by proofs and evidences. Please get hold of Za'd al Ma'ad by ibn Jawzi vol.1, or Tafsir of Qur'an by Shankiti on Sura Juma'a to satisfy yourself.
I am not changing Allah's Law, but rather enforcing the Shari'a or sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah.

Friendship when you make a claim it is upon you to support your assertion with textual evidence.  What is your understanding from; Za'd al Ma'ad by ibn Jawzi vol.1, or Tafsir of Qur'an by Shankiti on Sura Juma'a, which allows you to not make salatu Jumah in congregation?  What is your evidence?  Allah says "O you who believe! When the call for Friday prayer is made, hasten towards the remembrance of Allah Most High and leave all transactions. This is best for you if only you know."  Why are you not responding to Allah's command?  What is Shankiti's tafsir against Allah's order?  People can say whatever they like, however we are to base our practice upon clear evidence......and you have not provided us with evidence.  "get hold of Za'd al Ma'ad by ibn Jawzi vol.1....." is not a proof.

Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 9:30pm
Assalamu alaika abuayisa.

It is important you convince yourself. I am not responsible to educating you. Remember what Allah will tell you in the Hereafter: "Read your book. You yourself are sufficient as a reckoner against you this Day." The Allah warned you: "And among men is he who disputes about Allah, without knowledge or guidance, or a Book giving light (from Allah).
So, after reading, convincing yourself then we can discuss. I need the truth also from someone. This is the democracy in Islam.

Date Posted: 30 January 2011 at 8:18am
Friendship, with all due respect, I have not come to you seeking knowledge or asking with respect to salatul Jummah.  It is you who have made a rather unorthodox claim and have not been able to support it with textual evidence.

Date Posted: 30 January 2011 at 10:12am
Assalamu alaikum.

There is only one textual evidence for all Muslims: This is the holy Qur'an and its explanation by Muhammad Rasulullah and his companions. If you do not possess it, then do not waste my time. You are responsible to correcting your mistakes. Do you want me to mislead you? This is what Huzaifa ibn Yamani said, "No one should blame him for misguiding him while he reads the Qur'an."

Date Posted: 30 January 2011 at 1:33pm
"sigh"  Anyway, let me assume based upon your initial post:
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?M=Q&PID=150365&PN=6&TR=58 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?M=Q&PID=150365&PN=6&TR=58

that you assume "Khutbahtul Hajja" is obligatory, and since those khateebs in your locality are not opening their khutbah with this established sunnah of the Prophet, you have opted not to attend Jummah.  If this is the case, and I assume it is, it is not obligatory because the Prophet did not constantly open his sermons with it.  This was not his steady practice nor that of his Companions or authors from the scholars of Islam.  Sometimes they began with it and at other times it was left off.  Therefore if Imaams of your place and time are not using this sunnah of Khutbatul Hajja they should simply be advised that it is indeed from the sunnah of our Messenger, however not obligatory and, certainly not the bases for you not attending the Jummah prayer.  I ask Allah, Most High, to guide us to that which is pleasing to Him.

Date Posted: 30 January 2011 at 1:48pm
Assalamu alaikum Abuayisa.

I do not mean that. There is a book written on the Khutba of the holy Apostle about 450 of them. What the holy Apostle said is: The total time spent on the Khutba should be less than the total time spent in the two raka'a. I was an Imam in my working place. My Khutba takes 4-5 minutes and my two raka'a takes 8 minutes. The chapters recited by the holy Apostle were only 4, throughout his 10 year period. I believe that one should not recite chapters during the Friday prayer other than them. Now, some Muslims choose to do whatever they like. I am not part of them. My understanding of following the sunna is different from the majority of the Muslims. I am like Abdullah ibn 'Umar on following the sunna. 

Date Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:02pm
 "My understanding of following the sunna is different from the majority of the Muslims."  Indeed.  Do we have any textual evidence for total time spent on the khutba of the Prophet of Allah?  So am I now to understand that you do not attend Jummah because Imaams are breaching 4-5 minutes vs. raka'a time? 

Jabir ibn Samurah says: "The Messenger of Allah would deliver his speech standing, Would sit in between the two speeches, would recite some verses, and would remind the people [about Allah]." {Reported by the group, save Imams Al-Bukhari and At- Tirmidhi.}

Jabir also related that the Prophet S.A.W. would not make his admonitions on Friday too long, but give a very short speech. {Reported by Imam Abu Dawud.}

Umm Hisham bint Harithah ibn an Nu'man says: " I learnt (suraht) "Qaf of the Glorious Qura'an" from the Prophet for he recited it upon the pulpit every Friday when he addressed the people." {Reported by Imams Ahmed, Muslim, An-Nasa'i, and Abu Dawood.}

Ya'la ibn Umayyah reports that he heard the Prophet recite, while on the pulpit: "And they cry: O Malik!�" (surat Az Zukhruf: 77). This is related by Imams Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Imam Ibn Majah records from Ubayy that the Messenger of Allah recited: "Blessed is He�" (surat Al-Mulk) on Friday while he was standing delivering his speech.

Lastly, who is like the Prophet, who was blessed to speak few words, but convey great meaning?

Date Posted: 31 January 2011 at 12:14am
Assalamu alaikum abuayisha.

Your post: Lastly, who is like the Prophet, who was blessed to speak few words, but convey great meaning?

Answer: All Muslims are like prophet Muhammad in that sense because we say what he said and mean what he means. Please do not create another confusion in this matter of who is better than who. Allah says in the holy Qur'an chapter 53:32, "So ascribe not purity to yourselves."
Please read the explanations and commentary and not just mere words. For example Surat Juma'a translation and explanation by Shankiti covered 50 pps of 9x6 x30 lines.

Date Posted: 31 January 2011 at 6:59am
Smile

Date Posted: 31 January 2011 at 7:30am
Assalamu alaikum.

Rather Cry and be prepared for ""Has not a warner come to you!"

Date Posted: 04 February 2011 at 2:36am
Assalamu alaikum.

Today, from the Masjid Haram, the Friday sermon began at 12:43 KSA and finished 01:6KSA. The Imam recited chapters 102 and 104 and the whole prayer ended 01:11KSA.
Now, what will Muhammad say to Allah on the Day of Judgment? I will tell Allah that they did not follow the Sunna of Muhammad. Now, if the holy Apostle will contravene me and the Register of the angels, then Muhammad have brought confusion and inconsistency!

Date Posted: 04 February 2011 at 9:42am
قُلْ هَاتُواْ بُرْهَانَكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ

Date Posted: 04 February 2011 at 10:35am
What does that mean? Does it say 'Then bring forth proof if you are truthful' ?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 February 2011 at 12:19pm
No khutbah to summarize today as I was unable to make it to the masjid on time due to traffic.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 February 2011 at 1:27pm
و ما كان لمؤمن ولامؤمنة اذا قضى الله ورسوله امراأن يكون لهم الخيرة من امر هم ومن يعص الله ورسوله فقد ضل ضللا مبينا                             

Date Posted: 04 February 2011 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

What does that mean? Does it say 'Then bring forth proof if you are truthful' ?

Friendship holds the opinion that khutbahs must fall within a certain time frame in length in order to be valid.  I therefore have been seeking his evidence for such an assertion.
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?M=Q&PID=150592&PN=7&TR=69 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?M=Q&PID=150592&PN=7&TR=69

Date Posted: 04 February 2011 at 3:23pm
member_profile.asp?PF=60288&FID=29 - Friendship
salaam
What options and conclusions us laypersons should be drawing from this war of Arabic words? This is not an Arabic forum so please always provide the complete picture with English language instead of obstreperousness...yes the audience has the online tools to get the literal translation to make head or tail of it but that kills the heart of the matter.

So what was Haram Khutba all about? S102&104 are clear so is time it took!
I can see the violation of the surah 102 & 104 around haram and palaces of Saudi Arabia but I am just curious khutba subject!

Now back to your no Jumah and time frame argument, it as oxymoronic and picayune as of the Jews' that they will not sacrifice the red heifers till new temple is built! Even they have the perfect sample bred as specified available on their farms in the US...LOL
When Prophet(saw) had no wrist watch to time his Khutba why get into this drama just cuz the technology been made available? There are lot more important aspect than harping on this!
The Juma khutba is supposed to be a weekly staff meeting detailing the state of the commonwealth(ummah) whatever time it takes...If you say the commonwealth has been shattered and there is no one to state the update that I could understand!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 February 2011 at 3:39pm

Assalamu alaika Islamispeace.

Your post: The imam at my masjid did not say that sins are just forgiven and that we can just keep sinning.  He was merely saying that those of us who sin should not lose hope of Allah's mercy.

Question: Please try to know the practical details of how Allah accepts someone's repentance. Don't introduce the doctrine of vicarious atonement of sin into Islam. It is clear that major sins are not forgiven. When Yazid ibn Abu Sufyan took alcohol in Syria he quoted Qur'an chapter 5:93. 'Umar bin Khattab explained the meaning of the verse. He repented and was given eighty lashes. If he had refused to repent, then he had become an apostate.
Brother! don't rely on these Imams. Did you not hear what the Imams in Tunisia, Egypt are saying? The Sunna deals with those with education of the sunna and govern people.

Walaikium as-salaam.  Brother, there is a difference between sins committed openly and sins committed in secret.  When one sins openly, one is to be punished to make an example for the community.  What do you think the lashing for one who drinks alcohol does?  Does it not serve as expiation for the sin? 

Why do you not take into account how the blessed prophet Muhammad (pbuh) acted towards people who came to him to confess their sins?  Consider the man who came to the prophet and said he had committed intercourse during Ramadan.  What does the Quran say about that? 

2:187 "Permitted to you, on the night of the fasts, is the approach to your wives. They are your garments and ye are their garments. Allah knoweth what ye used to do secretly among yourselves; but He turned to you and forgave you; so now associate with them, and seek what Allah Hath ordained for you, and eat and drink, until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread; then complete your fast Till the night appears; but do not associate with your wives while ye are in retreat in the mosques. Those are Limits (set by) Allah: Approach not nigh thereto. Thus doth Allah make clear His Signs to men: that they may learn self-restraint. "

Now, when the man who committed intercourse during the daylight hours came to the prophet, what was the prophet's response?  We see in Sahih Bukhari:

Narrated Abu Huraira: While we were sitting with the Prophet a man came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have been ruined." Allah's Apostle asked what was the matter with him. He replied "I had sexual intercourse with my wife while I was fasting." Allah's Apostle asked him, "Can you afford to manumit a slave?" He replied in the negative. Allah's Apostle asked him, "Can you fast for two successive months?" He replied in the negative. The Prophet asked him, "Can you afford to feed sixty poor persons?" He replied in the negative. The Prophet kept silent and while we were in that state, a big basket full of dates was brought to the Prophet . He asked, "Where is the questioner?" He replied, "I (am here)." The Prophet said (to him), "Take this (basket of dates) and give it in charity." The man said, "Should I give it to a person poorer than I? By Allah; there is no family between its (i.e. Medina's) two mountains who are poorer than I." The Prophet smiled till his pre-molar teeth became visible and then said, 'Feed your family with it."

Obviously, having intercourse during Ramadan is a major sin and yet the prophet did not condemn the man for his sin.  He only required the man to feed his family and that would serve as expiation for the sin. 

What about the prophet's prayers?  What did he ask for in his prayers?  We find in Sahih Muslim the following:

"Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to say while prostrating himself: O Lord, forgive me all my sins, small and great, first and last, open and secret."

Allah is merciful.  Perhaps the Quran will lay this matter to rest for you:

4:48 "Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed."

Brother, do not say of Allah that of which you have no knowledge.  And do not seek to create divisions among the Ummah.  Rather, let the Quran and Sunnah be your guide and not your own opinions.   

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2011 at 11:50am
Today's khutbah was a general summary of the prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) birth and childhood and the miracles associated with them.  The imam mentioned how as a child, the prophet was identified by Bahira the monk.  He also mentioned the prophet's letters to various heads of state such as Heraclius, calling them to Islam and warning them that to reject the truth would make them responsible for misguiding their subjects.   

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2011 at 4:14pm
Our khutbah was about accepting Allah's decree and not saying 'if only....' as this only opens the door to Shaitan and doubts.  That which is for you will not pass you by, likewise, what is not for you, will certainly not befall upon you.

Date Posted: 11 February 2011 at 11:43pm
It was all about Egypt and state of Islamic commonwealth where the selfish rulers squandering of resources while subjects living in hunger and poverty and compared with the hallmark of caliphate of Umar bin Khattab...He compared Hosni with one the incident when Umar inquired someone in the market place about some she camels rather looking too good than the rest..When told they belonged to his son...He had his son to explain how did that happen? Getting to bottom of the things son ended up losing all the profits cuz he had pulled his  rank on the grazing fields!    

-------------

Date Posted: 18 February 2011 at 11:48am
Today's khutbah was about Egypt and the other uprisings.  The imam gave an impassioned speech about the recent events and how the "nasr" (help) of Allah is coming.  He also mentioned how the youth played an important role in the uprisings as well as the sisters in our communities.  One thing that really struck me was when he mentioned how Sheik Yusuf al-Qaradawi gave his first khutbah in Egypt since 1981 and one of the things he mentioned was the opening of the Rafah border-crossing with Gaza in  order to alleviate the suffering of our brothers in Palestine. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 February 2011 at 2:23pm
Our khutbah centered around a hadith narrated by Abu Ayoub Al-Ansari; Musnad Imam Ahmad:

A man came to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) and said,"Oh Messenger of Allaah give me advice and summarize it". The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said,
"When you stand to pray, pray as if it is your last prayer, and don't speak for which you would apologize tomorrow(guard your tongue),  and be hopeless for that which is in the hands of the people." (Hope and trust in Allah)

Date Posted: 18 February 2011 at 9:42pm

Milad celebrations in my city were full of extravagance. Also youngsters were moving all the day over bikes raising slogans. This khutbah, Imam of the masjid, {attended by my father}, condemned it strongly and thus guided them. Alhamdulillah.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 February 2011 at 3:31am
A non-Jumma 'Khutba' by Bilal Phillips yesterday;
Subject: Tools & Weapons of Shaitan.
Centered around: How Shaitan uses different techniques to misguide us all, and we need to be very wary. Said Shaitan will never misguide us blatantly & obviously, but in a sugar-coated, gradual manner. Also talked about the severity of Bid'ah in religion and how a bid'ah that seems 'harmless' & 'good' today, ends up becoming a burden years down the road and changes religion into something else. (Gave some very good e.gs).

-------------

Date Posted: 25 February 2011 at 11:49am
Today's khutbah was about the general etiquette of attending Friday prayers.  Among the things we should be careful about are not talking during the khutbah, paying attention to make sure that we understand what the imam is trying to say so we can implement it in out lives and of course not to talk or make any major movements during the prayer itself.  The imam also mentioned Libya and asked the people to pray for the Libyans and indeed for all our brothers and sisters.  He also said when we make dua, we should not only make it about this life but also concerning the next life.  We should pray to Allah to grant us Paradise and to protect us from the fire. 

The current situation in Libya reminds me of the movie "Lion of the Desert" which tells the story of Omar Mukhtar, who fought against the Italian fascists before he was captured and martyred.  For those interested, you can watch the movie on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XqdeYgxMfI

May Allah send another Omar Mukhtar to lead our brothers and sisters in Libya and indeed all Muslims.  Ameen.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 February 2011 at 5:10pm
The khutbah today concerned the hadith on authority of Abu Hurairah: 

"What I have forbidden for you, avoid. What I have ordered you [to do], do as much of it as you can. For verily, it was only the excessive questioning and their disagreeing with their Prophets that destroyed [the nations] who were before you". [Related by al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

Date Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:55am
Today's khutbah was about Abu Bakr (ra), the closest companion of prophet Muhammad (pbuh).  Abu Bakr was a generous man, upright and pious.  He selflessly spent his wealth freeing slaves and helping his brethren fight off the oppressive pagans.  He was the first to compile the Quran into book form and overlooked the rapid spread of Islam.  He was so loved by the prophet, who considered him to be closest friend. The imam closed the khutbah with a dua for him, and sending salutations of peace. 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 March 2011 at 2:58pm
Khutbah lesson discussed kindness toward all of Allah's creation and Allah's forgiveness as a result thereof. 

Date Posted: 11 March 2011 at 11:57am
Today's khutbah was about tyrants and how they disregard their people for the sake of their own well-being.  The imam referred to Pharaoh and Nimrod as examples, while also alluding to present examples such as Mubarak and Gaddafi.  He mentioned how no one who rules does not without the permission of Allah and hence they have to answer to Him.  On the Day of Judgment, they will "stand in terror" in front of the Lord of the Worlds

-------------

Date Posted: 11 March 2011 at 2:34pm
The Imam spoke of the folly of those who attempt to practice Islam by using Quran only, and reject hadith.

Date Posted: 14 March 2011 at 1:22am
I read "The Imam of Kaaba spoke about the demonstrations in Arabia are against Islam...These are the works of Satan...Muslim should refrain from choosing the path of demonstrations... The TV channels and and other bloggers are illuminating the path of devil...

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:47am
Today's khutbah was an extension of past ones, with the topic being tyrants.  The imam alluded to Sura al-Kahf and the story of the men who hid in the cave.  He also alluded to Libya and Egypt.  One thing he said that really struck me was about social media like Facebook and Twitter.  The revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia had their beginnings on Facebook.  The imam said that he also uses Facebook and Twitter, but that he does not use them to learn about morality or other issues.  Rather, he learns those things from the Quran and Sunnah and the writings of the great scholars.  The lesson here is go ahead and use the internet, Facebook and other forms of media but do not base your knowledge on them.  Your knowledge should come from the Quran and Sunnah.  Finally, the imam closed with a dua for the Ummah. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2011 at 2:09pm
Our khutbha was about a Muslim being safe from the hand and tongue of another Muslim.

Date Posted: 25 March 2011 at 12:38pm
Today's khutbah was about the importance of dawah, not only to non-Muslims but to wayward Muslims as well.  It is our duty to spread Islam (peacefully and with kindness of course), and we should not be lax.  The imam also talked about the prohibition of back-biting, which I think all of us are guilty of at some point.  Let us strive harder to give up this sinful act.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 March 2011 at 2:16pm
The khutbah discussed characteristics of hypocrisy and importance of eradicating them from our character.

Narrated �Abdullah bin �Amr:

The Prophet said, �Whoever has (the following) four characters will be a hypocrite, and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy until he gives it up. These are: (1 ) Whenever he talks, he tells a lie; (2) whenever he makes a promise, he breaks it; (3) whenever he makes a covenant he proves treacherous; (4) and whenever he quarrels, he behaves impudently in an evil insulting manner.�

Date Posted: 01 April 2011 at 12:19pm
Today's khutbah was appropriately about the importance of the Friday prayer.  The imam spoke about the things that we are forbidden to do when in the masjid.  These are talking or making noise during the khutbah and being late to the masjid.  Basically, one is late when the imam is already standing and has started the khutbah.  This shows that the khutbah is an important component of the Friday prayer and people who think that if they at least make it for the prayer, that it is okay.  In actuality, they are missing out on the many rewards.  The imam also spoke about the virtue of asking Allah to bestow His blessings on the prophet Muhammad (pbuh).  This is more for our benefit than for his though, since we already know that Allah has promised the highest level of Paradise for His beloved prophet. Therefore, by praying for Allah's blessings on His prophet, we are actually getting rewards for doing so.  This is the mercy of our Lord.  Of course, by asking for His blessings, we are also expressing our love for the prophet. 

-------------

Posted By: IssaEl999
Date Posted: 01 April 2011 at 12:48pm

Today's khutbah was appropriately about the importance of the Friday prayer.  The imam spoke about the things that we are forbidden to do when in the masjid.  These are talking or making noise during the khutbah and being late to the masjid.  Basically, one is late when the imam is already standing and has started the khutbah.  This shows that the khutbah is an important component of the Friday prayer and people who think that if they at least make it for the prayer, that it is okay.  In actuality, they are missing out on the many rewards.  The imam also spoke about the virtue of asking Allah to bestow His blessings on the prophet Muhammad (pbuh).  This is more for our benefit than for his though, since we already know that Allah has promised the highest level of Paradise for His beloved prophet. Therefore, by praying for Allah's blessings on His prophet, we are actually getting rewards for doing so.  This is the mercy of our Lord.  Of course, by asking for His blessings, we are also expressing our love for the prophet. 

Question For You If I Can Ok .

Can Your Imaam Read Write / Speak Arabic / Also Does He  Teach His  Community How To Read And Write The Arabic Language Allso Does He Teach His Community History / Culture  Of Islam According To El's Holy Qur'aan ?

-------------
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .

Date Posted: 01 April 2011 at 8:05pm
Khutbah today was about Allah's names and attributes.

Date Posted: 01 April 2011 at 8:13pm

Khutbah today was about Allah's names and attributes.

Which Of The 99+1  Name's Of Allah Was It , And The Meaning Of The Names / Attributes ?  If I May Ask ??

-------------
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .

Date Posted: 02 April 2011 at 6:41am
Several were mentioned, and I must apologize concerning specifics, however the objective was to simply point out that Allah has the best names and there is nothing like Allah with respect to His names or attributes.

Date Posted: 02 April 2011 at 7:15am

Several were mentioned, and I must apologize concerning specifics, however the objective was to simply point out that Allah has the best names and there is nothing like Allah with respect to His names or attributes.

Shukran Jaziylan - abuayisha - If It's Ok I Will Write Some Of The 99 + 1 Names Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala . And You Can Tell Me What You Think Ok . You Can Also Add / Help If  You Wish Until We Have Written All Of 99 + 1 Names Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala..

An Attribute is A quality or characteristic . We say of an Attribute that it is a quality possessed by a person or thing . But Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala is nether of these , So the word Attribute '' Has a special meaning when related to him . An Attribute of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala is a quality possessed by him only , Which neither changes nor diminishes . Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala is the owner and disposer of all the qualities that man can think of and it is from these qualites that his actions proseed . He possesses an immeasurable source of mercy , Kindness , Compassion and Peacefulness , To name a few . He endows man with some degress of these Attributes , But man will not attain to his level .

In the arabic , The word used for '' Attribute '' or '' Quality is '' SIFAT '' . The word used for names is '' ASMAA ' I '' From the singular '' ISMUN '' Which is also synonymous with the word '' NOUN , '' Any divine Attribute is called '' ISMU SIFAT ' The beautiful names of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala, Are not to be disrespected . When used as personal names , They must be preceeded by the word '' ABD '' Which means '' SLAVE '' . For example '' Abdu'L Alyim '' Slave '' ( Or Servant ) of the knower . It is Blasphemy to call oneself '' Allah '' , And there is no such name as '' Abdul Akbar '' .

-------------

Date Posted: 02 April 2011 at 7:16am
Ar Rahmaan ~ Is the first of The Attributes of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala . Together with the second Attribute . Ar Rahiym , It is mentioned in The Holy Qur'aan more frequently than any other Attribute . The word has its root inthe verse Rahima - To Yield , Or to concede . Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala is The Yielder . He Yields to all . Both The Evil and The Good , The believer and the coverers of the truth ; Al Kaafiruwna . It is through his Yielding that he has sent us prophet ( pbut ) and guides with laws to guide man back to himself . He Yields by granting man many chances to make amends and to get back on the Siraatu'l Mustaqiym . He will continue To Yield until the last day when men will be brought to account for their Deeds . Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Yields by causeing us to blink . This is an action which man has almost no control over . Yet without this gift that Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala has so mercifully bestowed upon us , Our eyes would dry out . Ar Rahmaan is included in the sacred seal of The Holy Qur'aan , The Tasmiyah ; ( In The Name Of Allah The Yielder , The Merciful . ) All but one of The One Hundred And Fourteen Chapters of The Holy Qur'ann begins with The Tasmiyah , And this accounts for the frequency of The Attribute Ar Rahmaan . In the exercise of this quality , The forces of nature are brought under control , To the extent that the various species of all ; Living things do not outrun and intermingle with each other . The elements are held in check so they do not completely destroy all the rest of creation , Such is the power of Ar Rahmaan . Without this quality , Man would be completely overtaken by his own errors and dectroy himself .

-------------

Date Posted: 02 April 2011 at 7:18am
Ar Rahiym '' The Merciful '' Ar Rahiym is the second of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Attributes . It is most often said and written along with the first Attribute Ar Rahmaan , As in the case of The Tasmiyah And many verses throughout The Holy Qur'aan . What best demonstrates Allah's Mercy ? The rain falls and the sun shines on The Good and The Bad alike . All inclusive and perfect . Mercy given to both the Worthy and the Unworthy is from Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala . It flows from him like a never ending stream . It's fairly obvious that Allah's mercy is turned favorable towards man in this life where there is Guidance and Faith , Which is the Key to gaining Enternal Peace in the next world . Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh ) once said '' When Allah Created Creation , He Wrote In A Book That Is Presserved Beside His Heavenly Throne , That His Mercy Overwhelms His Anger . The Very Creating And Ordering Of The Universe Is The Act Of Mercy For Which All Things Sing To Him Praise And Glory . All Gratitude Is Due To Allah , Al Hamdu Lillahai . Revelation Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Sacred Word Is A Sign Of His Mercy And Goodness , And Also His Guidance Sent By Way Of The Prophets (Pbut ) And Apostles (Pbut ) ,

So Compreshensive Is The Attribute , That It Encompasses The Execution Of All Of Allah's Attributes . Even When Our Narron Scope Of The World Clouds Our Understanding Of The Goodness Of Allah's Terrible Attribute , Which Are Those Attributes That Allah Uses When He Wants To Destroy , Take A Life , Etc . The Mercy Of This Is That They Work In Silent Wonder , Such As A Rainy Day . This We Judge As A Nasty Day Because It Inconveniences Us . But Do We Ever Stop To Consider The Good The Rain Is Doing ? No , Not Many Of Us Do . Perhaps There Is Loose Dust Flying Through The Air And Clogging The Nasal Passages Of Pedestrians Passing A Construction Site . The Radiation Count In The Air Is Especilly High , And The Rain Washes It Away . Indeed Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Is The Most Merciful Of Those Who Show Mercy ..

Holy Qur'aan 3 ; 31
''Say , If You Allah , Then Follow Me ; Allah Will Then Love You , And Forgive Your Sins . Allah Is Forgiver , Merciful .

If This Attribute Is Said One Hundred Times After Each Fard Salaat ( Worship ) , He / She Will Find The World . Friendly To Him / Her .

-------------

Date Posted: 02 April 2011 at 9:02am

Al-Ghani  (The Self-Sufficient)

All mankind stands in need of Allah [35:15, 47:38] but Allah does not stand in need of anything from anyone in all the worlds [3:97]. Whatever is in the Heavens and whatever is in the Earth is Allah's [4:232, 10:68, 22:64, 31:26]. He is Self-Sufficient; absolutely free from all wants [2:263, 2:267, 6:133].

If all who live on the earth disbelieve and go against His Laws, He is indeed Independent of what they do [14:8]. Whoever strives hard does so only for his own good [29:6]. Whoever is grateful is grateful for his own self, and whoever is ungrateful, or miser is miser against his own 'self' [47:38, 57:24]; Allah is Self-Sufficient, Supremely Honorable [27:40, 31:12]. 

Our rejection of Allah's laws brings no harm to Allah. He does not need our obedience. It is entirely up to us to either obey and follow His Laws for our own benefit or to reject them and suffer the consequences. According to His Laws of Requital, everyone has to bear the burden and consequences of one�s own deeds.  Accordingly, we are bound to face the result of every action of ours. And this refers not only to those actions which we do openly, but also to the thoughts and intentions which pass through the depths of our hearts [39:7, 60:6, 64:6].

Date Posted: 03 April 2011 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by IssaEl999 IssaEl999 wrote:

Question For You If I Can Ok .

Can Your Imaam Read Write / Speak Arabic / Also Does He  Teach His  Community How To Read And Write The Arabic Language Allso Does He Teach His Community History / Culture  Of Islam According To El's Holy Qur'aan ?

Of course.  Most imams are hafiz.  They have memorized the Quran and also understand Arabic.  And every masjid offers some sort of classes for teaching Arabic and Islamic history.  Which masjid would not? 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net