IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Friday Sermons  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friday Sermons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Today's khutbah was about "putting the deen before the dunya".  This means doing our duty to Allah (swt) and obeying His commandments.  The imam spoke about trusting in Allah (swt) and gave the examples of Moses (pbuh) who told the Israelites that Allah (swt) was with them when Pharaoh's army was chasing them, and of Muhammad (pbuh) who told Abu Bakr (ra) not to fear because Allah was with them when they were hiding in the cave while going to Yahtrib.  

On a side note, the imam also mentioned the example in his personal life as well.  A few months ago, his wife gave birth to a son.  Unfortunately, he was born premature.  The doctors also told them that there was a severe infection and the chances of brain damage were high.  However, the imam trusted in Allah (swt) and had requested the community to pray for his son.  Alhamdulillah, today he informed us that his son is doing much better.  That is the power of prayer, he said. 

Alhamdulilah  the boy is doing good...
Did he survive on prayers only or was he provided all the NICU facilities at the hospital? It is a big ticket and risk effort.
There is old saying first take the medicine and then pray!
In the old days the preemies were let to die and rarely survived...
The brain damage is always a factor in preemies so there are ethics to cut off NICU based on gestation period from place to place!

No, I think he was in the hospital the whole time.  But the doctors had said that brain damage was very possible.  Apparently, the last MRI done showed no signs of any damage.  
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Telsche58 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Telsche58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 10:07pm
5 times a day...and you will feel as you are the one who is really close to god
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 11:56am
Today's khutbah was about the miracle of the Qur'an.  The imam mentioned that any person who is facing difficulties in life will find that his/her difficulties are mentioned in the Qur'an.  Even though we may not be mentioned by name, we will find that Allah (swt) is speaking to us and about us. 

Also, this imam mentioned that he is a part of a Muslim organization which provides free copies of the Qur'an to non-Muslims.  Al-Furqaan Foundation is well-known and was even contacted by Terry Jones' group for free Qur'ans (so that they could burn them)!  Here is their website:

http://www.al-furqaan.org/     
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 2:57pm
Khutbah today reminded us how superior these ten days of dhul hijjah are for doing good deeds.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:25am
Today's khutbah was about the virtue of caring for masjids, which are the Houses of Allah (swt).  The one who maintains a masjid will be among those who will be shaded by Allah's throne on the Day of Judgment. 

The imam also reminded the people of the recommendation of fasting on the Day of Arafat, which is tomorrow.  Fasting on this day absolves us of our sins for the year. 

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 11:39am
Today's khutbah was about the importance of tawbah.  The imam provided the example of Malik ibn Dinar, who was considered a drunkard by his contemporaries but who after having a vivid dream, repented of his ways and went on to become one of the most influential scholars of his day.  His example should also remind us that we should never look at a sinner and say things like "he is not worthy of Allah's mercy" for only Allah can make that decision.  

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 11:43am
Today's khutbah was about how every person is endowed with the fitrah.  He also talked about how the heart is symbolically the seat of feelings and especially iman (if the person is a Muslim) or kufr (if he is a non-Muslim).  But since all people are born with the fitrah, every person can have iman.   

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 11:45am

Today's khutbah was about being thankful to Allah (swt).  Thankfulness is one of the traits of a believer, along with patience.  When he is suffering, the believer is patient.  When the suffering is alleviated, he is thankful for the blessings he has been given.   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic