IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Friday Sermons  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friday Sermons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 2:08pm
The Imam outlined in today's khatbah the importance of spending our time in worthwhile pursuits during these last ten nights of Ramadan.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 11:25am
Today's khuthbah was about the importance of repentance.  The imam also mentioned the importance of Laylatul Qadr and how we should actively seek it on the odd nights of the last 10 days of Ramadan.  Finally, he reminded the people to continue with what they have been doing during Ramadan even after the end of Ramadan.   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 6:30pm

Today's khuthbah was about payment of zakatul fitr, and how this payment serves to allow us to reap full benefit from our fasting. 

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 12:08pm
Today's khutbah was about the importance of salah.  Of the deeds most loved by Allah, performing the prayers at their appointed times is at the top.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 2:48pm
Today, an excellent reminder, that life is to test which of us are best in deeds, and to beware of Satan when selecting between that which is sinful and those deeds which draw us closer to our home in Paradise.  We are only travelers in this life - be not deceived by this world for it is only temporary.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2011 at 11:47am
Today the imam talked about the importance of placing our faith in Allah (swt) above the material pleasures of this world.  While we can try to make money and have material possessions, we should not make them our priority.  If we are not proud of our service to Allah, then He will humiliate us in this world.  Sadly, this is exactly what is happening to the Muslims currently.  We are to blame for our current state.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2011 at 2:23pm
A good reminder today;  three things will follow us to the grave. However, two of those three will leave us at the grave. Our wealth, family and deeds will accompany us to the grave. However, our wealth and family will return - they won't stay us with in the grave, we can't take them with us into our graves to use them in the Hereafter. We will be left with only one thing, as the Prophet (saw) told us. We will be left in our graves with our deeds only. Our deeds and nothing else will remain with us.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 2:10pm
Today, there was a reminder to continue the extra acts of worship done during Ramadan.  If we read the Quran more or prayed more, we should continue to do during the rest of the year.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic