IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Burning the Qur'an...?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBurning the Qur'an...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Revolution777 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burning the Qur'an...?
    Posted: 22 November 2010 at 11:03pm
Since we always need Qurran i don't see Why we need to burn them, but for Exemple you wrote some verses on Paper, then Youdon't these papers, you mustn't throw them in a Trash can, you must burn them.
Bradlee9876 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:13am
The whole thing is completely disrespectful and should have never been seriously considered.  That's what *I* think about the whole thing.  
taoist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 7:49pm
Sorry i can not go long with burning any book .  I am really considering becoming a muslim and praying daily that Allah will steer my heart.  But if not ,burning sacred books is one of the most ignorant things a human can do.  I do not agree with alot of right wing authors but will never say to burn their books.  If you want to see a good movie on this watch " Inherit the wind " with Spencer Tracy. There is a seen when he says something to the effect that when following ignorance  "we march with banners flying into the past of witch trial, reformation ect."  I am giving you the short version !LOL  Anyway thanks for letting me express my 2 cents and may God bless all,  Taoist
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 11:03pm
   "Do we hear of any Muslim threatening to burn the Bible?"

Who would care? If someone wants to burn a Bible or the Qur'an or any other Holy Scripture of any religion what does it matter? It reflects badly on the person doing the burning but it doesn't change anything about the personal beliefs of Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc. It's like burning the American flag, in a way. The flag of the United States of America symbolizes the freedom of Americans to burn it if that's what they want to do. What does that have to do with the country or the people of the United States? Nothing.

I served in the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Army, California National Guard and have three Honorable Discharges. You would think someone like me would be angry with anyone who would burn the flag of my country, but it is just the opposite. I served in the Armed Forces of the United States to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. And it is the same U.S. Constitution that protects the rights of any American, or anyone in that case, who wants to burn the American flag or anything else in protest.

Edited by Larry - 04 October 2010 at 11:06pm
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2010 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Salams br&sis.As most of you know i live in flint/michigan and a actual burning of The Holy Qur'an took place about 45miles from my city ironicly near the michigan state campus who's mascot is a spartan.But,seriously Allah(swt)says in surah2( im paraphrasing)those who atempt to destroy Allahs revelation,on them is a curse.and a also a mercy they must make amends and openly declare the Truth.May Allah Have Mercy on them If they repent.May Allah invoke His rath upon them if they dont.ameen!Trully this is an act of evil

Assalamu Alaikum,

It is sad indeed. There are many things that can be done:

• Try to memorize the Qur�an as much as possible.
  • Understand the Qur�an and Islam much more. Practice it and share it with others � Muslims and non-Muslims.
  • Distribute the copies of the Qur�an as much as you can with some guidelines how to study it. Also, leave a contact number in case someone has any query.
  • Pray to Allah to guide the mankind.
  • Encourage others to do the same.

The Qur�an is the book of Allah. He has protected it from corruption and destruction for more than 1400 years. He would do it in the future as well. Allah says in the Qur�an:

�We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).�

Qur�an 15:9

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/QURAN/15.htm

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2010 at 4:46am
Salams br&sis.As most of you know i live in flint/michigan and a actual burning of The Holy Qur'an took place about 45miles from my city ironicly near the michigan state campus who's mascot is a spartan.But,seriously Allah(swt)says in surah2( im paraphrasing)those who atempt to destroy Allahs revelation,on them is a curse.and a also a mercy they must make amends and openly declare the Truth.May Allah Have Mercy on them If they repent.May Allah invoke His rath upon them if they dont.ameen!Trully this is an act of evil
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 7:06pm
If your definition is accurate and you keep the rhetoric to a minimum I won't have to disagree with you. ClapLOL

Welcome to Islamicity Schmikbob!  Man, you gotta love this place.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 11:19am
Don't you worry about my ego, Gibbs.  If your definition is accurate and you keep the rhetoric to a minimum I won't have to disagree with you.  The definition I had issues with in this thread was the Imam's definition of terrorism.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic