IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kashmir  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kashmir

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 12:18pm
I am new to the forum and so I don't know much about the members here.

The site you have given is not at all an official site. Its some bakwaas.

There is an interesting news rounding the web about a reported double agent in our security forces. Just look at this,"The Truth about Kargil".
These are all bakwaas.

So you haven't been to Kashmir anytime. People in IOK are having a better life than in POK. Whatever it may be, it is an occupied territory. So its a hell to be there.

May I know where you stay in India brother?
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 9:01pm
I am living in Bangalore, my parents are from Bhopal, M.P. What about you??

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Saido View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 9:35pm

Asalamu Alaykum ZamanH and beloved

It is clear that the both of you have much differences about this issue.Instead of arguing publicly why don't you try to privately email each other Insha Allah. I don't mean to intrude nor offend but I think that will be better Insha Allah.

human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 9:42pm

Hello ZamanH,

You signature includes the line:

Can you please elaborate on this quote from Koran?

It is true that Indian government has ignored Kashmir and many other border states. If there was a strong economic development, there was never a cause for uprising. Idle minds are the devil's workshop and this is more so with youth. Far too long, Indian government has neglected the frontier states, and that's such a short sighted approach. We need to strengthen our borders first and foremost and a happy populace is the first step.

Lot of discontent is economic in origin rather than religious. There are lots of good reasons why entire Kashmir should merge with India or Pakistan or attain independence. In my opinion, status quo will prevail and the sooner all parties realize this, the better. That way people of the valley can live in peace and attain their true potential.

Regards,

Human

beloved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 6:40am
Zaman brother I am from Hyderabad. This guy human has given us a very humanistic solution for the Kashmir problem. May be he doesn't know the meaning of freedom ('cos he lives in america).

Human you should understand the psyche of a Kashmiri. If Indians believed in a status quo with the British, then they would never have got independence.

But Zaman brother why do you think that the two nation theory is still valid with regard to the present day India? Do you like to have another partition of the country?

All communities in India have been living together happily except for some stray incidents of communal riots. But not only the minorities, but the people of majority community were also killed.

O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female; And We have made you tribes and sub-tribes that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable among you, in the sight of Allah, is he who is the most righteous among you. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware. 49:13

I would say that India is the best example for the above verse.
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by human human wrote:

Hello ZamanH,

You signature includes the line:

Can you please elaborate on this quote from Koran?

ITs not in the Quran.

Lot of discontent is economic in origin rather than religious. There are lots of good reasons why entire Kashmir should merge with India or Pakistan or attain independence. In my opinion, status quo will prevail and the sooner all parties realize this, the better. That way people of the valley can live in peace and attain their true potential.

Regards,

Human

LEt the Kashmiris decide for themslves, I am not even asking for secession, I only want a plebiscite to be held there.

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by beloved beloved wrote:

But Zaman brother why do you think that the two nation theory is still valid with regard to the present day India? Do you like to have another partition of the country?

No, not at all. I don't want partition. That is not practical. But I still believe Hindus and Muslims cannot live in peace together. I don't have anything personally against the Hindus. I have many HIndu friends. But considering the behavior of other HIndus and the Muslims, two-nation theory does seem to be right. I mean, earlier I used to think that Partition of 1947 was wrong; but now, I think, it was inevitable; if it hadn't happen then, it would have happenned later.

BY the way beloved, are you Muslim??

Edited by ZamanH
human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by beloved beloved wrote:

Zaman brother I am from Hyderabad. This guy human has given us a very humanistic solution for the Kashmir problem. May be he doesn't know the meaning of freedom ('cos he lives in america).

Human you should understand the psyche of a Kashmiri. If Indians believed in a status quo with the British, then they would never have got independence.

Actually, I was not proposing status quo as a solution. I am just being practical. Before a plebiscite can be held, all three Kashmirs (yes, there is a small chunk held by China) need to be brought together, all the pundits resettled in the valley. Do you really think that's going to happen anytime soon? It is no more a question of right or wrong, but that of political reality.

I believe that India had a great opportunity during 60s and 70s to settle the Kashmir issue once and for all. Nehru and Gandhi made major mistakes by not developing the valley and Jammu region economically and let the kashmiris integrate fully with India. Kashmiris were always peaceful people and the problems didn't start until late 80s and early 90s.

India has another chance now that she is on the ascendent and Pakistan on the defensive. I am not suggesting any aggressive actions here. Just develop the infrastructure and communications, increase border trade with China and Pakistan and provide more autonomy to Kashmir. This three pronged approach should work.

Human

Edited by human
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic