IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - misunderstaning islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

misunderstaning islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: misunderstaning islam?
    Posted: 18 October 2009 at 9:42am
Do you feel that this first young man on the video is not understanding the freedom of speech and the tolerance of islam towards all people?  

Or is he right on the mark when he says people that talk bad of islam and mohammad must be killed?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
SteppeNomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 3:53am

Are these white Anglo folk not understanding the idea of freedom of speech?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/default.stm?ls

One is reaction (from the Muslim), the other is the same propaganda your Germanic cousins preached before doing the same to Jews.

And when will you give up?

Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 12:33pm
If you are asking my personal opinion,They shouldnt talk bad about any of the Prophets(As)(SAW)and they will eventually face a penalty should it come from man or from Allah. They should repent and try to educate themselves about the Prophets(As)(SAW) before speaking of things to which they have no knowledge.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 7:57am
I disagree Abdullah.....

If you live in the United States or any country in which citizens have the right to express opinions so long as it does not cause harm to others, then as a citizen you have every right to that opinion even if it means making negative remarks. Now if I'm correct, by law you cannot be prosecuted (In American courts) for defaming or slandering the dead.

Now I do believe that anyone making comments that defames the prophet of Islam ina Muslim country that is governed by Islamic law should be subject to their law (even if it means death although death as a punishment in my opinion is quite extreme over words).

I wouldn't say they should repent as repenting is the behavior of someone believing in the object they are repenting to. I believe as a citizen it is everyones right to say what they want so long as it doesn't physically injure others.

Edited by Gibbs - 20 October 2009 at 7:58am
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

I disagree Abdullah.....

If you live in the United States or any country in which citizens have the right to express opinions so long as it does not cause harm to others, then as a citizen you have every right to that opinion even if it means making negative remarks. Now if I'm correct, by law you cannot be prosecuted (In American courts) for defaming or slandering the dead.

Now I do believe that anyone making comments that defames the prophet of Islam ina Muslim country that is governed by Islamic law should be subject to their law (even if it means death although death as a punishment in my opinion is quite extreme over words).

I wouldn't say they should repent as repenting is the behavior of someone believing in the object they are repenting to. I believe as a citizen it is everyones right to say what they want so long as it doesn't physically injure others.
If someone who is uneducated about the Prophets(As)(SAW)or ignorant and becomes educated that person would want to repent for the things that he said before when he had no knowledge,you see im throwing around the word (educate)Muslims and Christians have the same Prophets(As)and Prophet Muhammad(SAW)is not just a Prophet to Muslims.He(SAW)recieved revelation of the Holy Qur'an for the whole world not just "Muslim country"
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 8:16am
Ok, so can you explain why someone should "repent" for making a negative comment? Again I quoted the word repent as it is a religious term. Again so why should someone repent for their opinion? I agree with you in calling the person 'ignorant' for perhaps making a false accusation but repentence is another thing.
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Ok, so can you explain why someone should "repent" for making a negative comment? Again I quoted the word repent as it is a religious term. Again so why should someone repent for their opinion? I agree with you in calling the person 'ignorant' for perhaps making a false accusation but repentance is another thing.

Hi Gibbs,

Every non-Muslim who lives in Islam and dies without believing,will repent in the darkness of grave even before being lain in his grave, the death moment when the angle come to take his soul,  he will see that he dose not believe in the truth and will repent for denying it. He would ask for more time to believe but it is impossible to have one minute more than the life Allah has written for him.

God created us for a great aim in this life and created all of this huge universe  with  a purpose,  then if you do not obey him, we will repent, but the killing sad thing is repentance when it is over.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 20 October 2009 at 9:37am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 11:03am
Salams,F.O.H.JazakAllah Kheiran for your reply.Gibbs,I also said:"they will eventually face a penalty should it come from man or from Allah."you say: "why should someone repent for their opinion"The question is already answered(educate).Prophet Muhammad(SAW)is not just a Prophet to Muslims.He(SAW)recieved revelation of the Holy Qur'an for the whole world not just "Muslim country"The Holy Qur'an is a Book of Mercy (AL-Qur'an)Al-A'raf:199-200.Show forgivness,enjoin good and avoid the ignorant.If Shaitan tempts you,seek refuge with Allah;for He is the one Who is All-Hearing,All-Knowing.(200)Those who fear Allah,when they are tempted by Shaitan,they have but to remember Allah and they shall see the light(right course of action).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic