IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - misunderstaning islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

misunderstaning islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 11:07am
Topics discussed in this Verse:
[Allah:will change evil into good] [Allah's attributes:Most Merciful] [Allah's attributes:Oft_Forgiving] [Allah's servants description of:description of] [Repentance]

25:70 (Y. Ali) Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 3:26pm
Abdullah let me rephrase since you didn't understand the first time (in bold) repentence is a religious term and requires some sort of deity to repent to therefore, assuming the person is not muslim or assuming the person is areligious why should they repent for an opinion?

Again your response is the assumption that Muhammad existed and Islam is the "true" religion on Earth. But regardless, there are people in the world that don't believe in Islam and have a negative opinion of it and its prophet so my question remains: if someone is exercising their free speech why should they repent for it? In addition take in the consideration that they don't believe in Islam or the last day. Why is your response is that they should repent when obviously based on their remark they don't believe in Islam, Allah, or the last day period?
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 3:29pm
 Hi Gibbs,

"Every non-Muslim who lives in Islam and dies without believing,will repent in the darkness of grave even before being lain in his grave, the death moment when the angle come to take his soul,  he will see that he dose not believe in the truth and will repent for denying it. He would ask for more time to believe but it is impossible to have one minute more than the life Allah has written for him.

God created us for a great aim in this life and created all of this huge universe  with  a purpose,  then if you do not obey him, we will repent, but the killing sad thing is repentance when it is over."

Full of Hopes it is my opinion that any living deity that exercises dominance over this universe is beyond religion, race, gender etc. With that being said unfortunately I don't believe as you do. I do believe that their is moral accountability for what we do in this life, and I believe the Hindus (or Buddhist) call it Karma. I do personally believe in an autonomous deity but that's besides the point. the point is in the U.S. why should I repent for exercising free speech or am I misunderstanding the response as empathetic?

Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Abdullah let me rephrase since you didn't understand the first time (in bold) repentence is a religious term and requires some sort of deity to repent to therefore, assuming the person is not muslim or assuming the person is areligious why should they repent for an opinion?

Again your response is the assumption that Muhammad existed and Islam is the "true" religion on Earth. But regardless, there are people in the world that don't believe in Islam and have a negative opinion of it and its prophet so my question remains: if someone is exercising their free speech why should they repent for it? In addition take in the consideration that they don't believe in Islam or the last day. Why is your response is that they should repent when obviously based on their remark they don't believe in Islam, Allah, or the last day period?
He(SAW)recieved revelation of the Holy Qur'an for the whole world not just "Muslim country"I am taking in consideration that they dont believe in Islam or the last day,I say again the words "ignorant" and the cure for it is to"Educate"
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

the point is in the U.S. why should I repent for exercising free speech or am I misunderstanding the response as empathetic?
Let me put it this way I live in the U.S born and raised and had my days in a court room before,Do you know what the penalty for treason is or use to be?I believe its death or life in prison I forget,(So much for saying whatever you want).but when someone doesnt what to go to trail in the U.S courts they cop a plea,For what? mercy a lighter sentence, leniencey.From someone who can neither do you any harm or good because ultimately only God can Judge.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 8:15pm
You know this goes round and round... sigh.

I agree with Gibbs in that 'repentance' is a religious term. And I do not think that nonMuslims are held accountable for Islamic rules of say drinking alcohol, etc. They there fore do not need to repent.

I agree Akhe that education is key. And in the end people will do what they want.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:57am
1re�pent
2 a : to feel regret or contrition b : to change one's mind
transitive verb
1 : to cause to feel regret or contrition
2 : to feel sorrow, regret, or contrition for

Salams sis.Hayfa
(Alhamduillah)All this is possible thru "education".The cure for ignorance.This is a big part of why we all are answering these misconceptions that are believed by some of the non-Muslims on this forum topic after topic reply after reply.So ounce educated on matters in which confused or misinformed.#2 would be the latter action of such people(InshAllah)And this goes along with what I was explaining about the court systems and "copping plea bargain" also you can argue it is just religious term but remember in Hadith that Prophet Muhammad(SAW) says:Allah will not show Mercy to one who does not show Mercy towards people.Same as saying if you cant forgive someone how do you ecspect Allah to forgive you.In saying this, to apologise to some is a form of repentance. do you not ask someone to forgive you if you done something wrong to them or said something wrong?being in U.S is no excuse for one to have bad manners on how to treat people Gibbs.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 21 October 2009 at 11:30am
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 11:44am
Like I said the "misunderstanding" of Islam is similar with misunderstanding the people of the "west" culturally speaking. We as humans with our multitude of cultures will have conflicts and disagreements over great and petty things. More importantly, as I mentioned previously, Islam will always be judged by its members (See Ron Webb's thread on Muhammad). Humans will always judge other humans and in essence will judge the belief of other humans. I don't think because one says something about Muhammad that person (the one saying things about Muhammad) ought to repent at least in the states. I mean even in China I'm sure the gov't wouldn't be opposed to others speaking out against Muhammad in fact I'm sure, unfortunately, the gov't would encourage it (see current crisis of Chinese Muslims). For what? In their mind they're right! you cannot walk up to someone and say "take back what you said about Muhammd and repent!" First off, if you want someone to "think" about their false claims about Muhammad your approach is the wrong one. Second, your experience (Abdullah) in the court system in comparing it to this one was a horrible one. Quite naturally I would ask what landed you in the court system but  its none of my business.

If God will punish people for speaking out against Muhammad (even when they're truly ignorant of truth) then allow God to do God and just observe. But speaking hatred for one person who exercised their rights as a citizen(not saying they did but this is just an example) of this Geet guy or speaking hatred for hatred does not excel the positive image of Islam since its members and its religion is under a microscope anyway.

Edited by Gibbs - 23 October 2009 at 11:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic