IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Be More Gentle with Non-Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Be More Gentle with Non-Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be More Gentle with Non-Muslims
    Posted: 25 September 2009 at 10:08pm

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmtu Allah Wa Barakatuh

Dears, this maybe strange for me but in fact I am talking seriously.

I , myself, never respect any religion except Islam.

I do not participate in the interfaith dialogues but I follow these forums. I think that some of you have been a little bit harsh with some non-Muslims, I understand.  But wanted to say Allah is the only one who can bring the faith in their hearts, they need your help. You may not respect their believes but I mean what is if we respect them, themselves??be so kind with them and avoid addressing them directly by their mistakes. We are not against people, we are against their false thoughts and believes.
 Why do not we show them the great love and respect?  One day they will become Muslims ... why not!!
 If not they will love Muslims and may invite someone to be a Muslim. Do  you believe that someone invited his son to Islam while he was not Muslim??
 Here is the story form Hadith, form the life of my beloved prophet Muhammed peace be upon him.

It was mentioned in Sahih Al Bukhari that Anas may Allah be pleased with him said: �There was a Jewish boy who served the Prophet peace be upon him. One day he became sick and the Prophet visited him. He peace be upon him sat near the boy�s head and told him: �Embrace Islam�. The boy looked at his father and the father told his son: �Obey Abu Al Qasim -Mohammad peace be upon him-�. The boy embraced Islam. When the prophet peace be upon him left the boy�s house He said: �Praise and thanksgiving to Allah that He saved him from hellfire�.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 25 September 2009 at 10:14pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 4:15am
Asalaam Alaikum,

Thank you Full of Hopes. I agree. And its about how WE behave. No matter what anyone says, the souls is sacred. And Allah made those souls.
Two other points, if I can find the exact info, but there was a man who fought the Prophet (PBUH) for 19 years before he became Muslim.

Another is, if anyone has heard of Michael Wolfe, he is a writer of current time. He said he had thought of becoming a Muslim for 20 years!

And Allah knows best.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 12:15pm
No offense but the above story only shows (in my opinion) an ooportunistic chance at converting someone who is sick. If in fact all the Abrhamaic faiths have at least some truth why convert someone? If the message is being kind to non-muslims (in hopes of possibly converting them) how do I know your intentions are truly kind? Don't be kind to me because you may make Islam look positive, be kind to me because it is the right thing.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 2:02pm

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 09 October 2009 at 12:30am
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 4:33pm

May Allah bless you all sisters, in fact I mean we should represent Islam and as sister Shasta'sAunt, may Allah bless her said,  we aim to do dawa in everything in our life and invite others by our behavoir into Islam. I did not mean, to be weak. The good moral doesn't mean being weak.  Allah knows my intention,.
  In fact I mean if prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him was not good and gentle with this family, the father would not ask the boy to obey him. You knwo how it feels to Jews when they convert. What makes this man allow his dearest person, his son, too be a Muslim?? He could easily prevent him, but the way the prophet peace be upon him, treated them.

I mean the way he, peace be upon him, treated non- Muslims made them love Islam and be Muslims and we are following his steps.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
_ALI_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ALI_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 3:28am
Salam Gibbs(=bold)
No offense but the above story only shows (in my opinion) an ooportunistic chance at converting someone who is sick. If in fact all the Abrhamaic faiths have at least some truth why convert someone?
Abrahamic faiths have many things in common but their fundamentals are different. Christians say that Jesus is god, which goes against the Muslim concept of one and only God. And Jews reject prophets Jesus and Muhammad, sent by God. How can God allow heaven for those who associate partners with Him or those who reject His prophets (according to Islam)? That is why conversion to Islam is necessary for salvation
Peace
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 12:36pm
We are suppose to be hard on the Kuffar and easy on the Mumin and kind to everyone.May Allah accept all of our intentions?
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 3:36pm
May Allah have mercy on all of us!
Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic