IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Be More Gentle with Non-Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Be More Gentle with Non-Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 11:02am
Shocked
wow
z
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 7:35pm

I know that the strong believer Muslim has to worry too much for his/her faith and pray to Allah, the Needless, to keep him a Muslim until the death moment. Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him used to pray a lot:
  "Ya Muqallibal Qulubi, thabbit qalbi a'la dinik".

"O Controller of Hearts !, make me steadfast  in your deen (Islam)"

So if the leader Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, cared too much for his faith WHAT ARE WE?

I believe that we should be so careful form shytan tricks specially when we deal with non_Muslims.

May Allah protect us.

May Allah have mercy on us...

Edited by Full of Hopes - 29 September 2009 at 7:40pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 3:31am
Asalaam Alaikum Akhe,

I believe it is up to Allah. 

We think that if we just 'say' the truth that it will click with people. As a revert I can say it did not work that way for me. It takes self-analysis and work. And really what message are we sending? Honestly, most of us do not have the depth of knowledge to actually be able to have a dialogue. Say on this board, most is: one quotes the Quran, the other quotes the Bible and back and forth.

In my recent lecture, the Sheikh it talking about how the Prophet (PBUH) was VERY patient with people. He never yelled at people. He is our model of gentleness and kindness.

And I would even argue, we cannot even begin to understand why things are the way they are... many people not born into Islam or hear the message. (And I do not agree that people who hear a distorted version of Islam are hearing 'Islam.')

I have no problem being nice to nonMuslims.. most Muslims here are not my good friends here in the US. I live in a nonMuslim world. And when they say some people are in 'darkness' they are right.  And that is the way it is.

And I would actually argue that some people should not try and do Dawah.. they don't understand where people are coming from. If you never grew up and were raised as a nonMuslim you often cannot put yourself in those shoes.

And patience and prayer and really important. Smile

Hayfa

Edited by Hayfa - 30 September 2009 at 3:33am
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

I know that the strong believer Muslim has to worry too much for his/her faith and pray to Allah, the Needless, to keep him a Muslim until the death moment. Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him used to pray a lot:� "Ya Muqallibal Qulubi, thabbit qalbi a'la dinik".�"O Controller of Hearts !, make me steadfast� in your deen (Islam)"�So if the leader Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, cared too much for his faith WHAT ARE WE?� I believe that we should be so careful form shytan tricks specially when we deal with non_Muslims.�May Allah protect us.May Allah have mercy on us...
Ameen.As Salamu Alaikum   [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" /> F.O.H JazakAllah Kheiran for sharing that.May Allah Bless us all with the highest of His Jannah

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 30 September 2009 at 10:09am
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:11am
Assalimu Alaikum Brother Akhe Abdullah,
Amen...
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:25am
Wa Alaikum As Salam Wa RahmatuAllahi Wa Barakatu ,Sister Hayfa.JazakAllah Kheiran for your reply.It is true what you are saying.I have found out while actually doing dawah work that the Christians who dont practise their faith are easier to at least hear you out,some just dont want to give up the lifestyle that they have been use to living in this dunya(one of the biggest problems even for some new-Muslims)family issues are another,and the ones with the strongest belife in there faith are the hardest.Alhamduillah dispite all the negatives Al-Islam is still growing     May Allah strengthen our knowledge of deen. May Allah strengthen our Iman
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:25pm

Asslamu Alaikum
  Yes!! you are right brother and all of you.
 The problem occurs when you are not giving your mind any time to work just because you believe that something is 100% true. That is why relatives of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and many kuffar of his time were saying: we knew that from our grandparents and will never change it. We all have to get ready to accept the truth about anything in this life and have the bravery to change our life according to it.
  I am not saying cast doubts on everything in your life but I am saying give your mind and heart time to work and think of everything in your life. I will not take you away form the topic but I am saying, every one must have some time A LONE with him/herself;without seeing any one and without having any work to do or to worry about.  This is what is called in Arabic (Khulwah). On this time you think deeply about your life, your faith, your Creator and everything around you. Ask yourself if you have been doing good? Have you been preparing yourself for dying any moment? Even ask yourself are you a good Muslim? Why are you Muslim? ... Think of this nature.. who could put everything in its order? What controls our life and luck?
  This is what prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, used to do in Hiraa' Cave before Gabriel, peace be upon him, came to him.
 So if any one even non-Muslim or even know nothing about God have some time to meditation, he will reach the truth. But many stick to what they believe in and never give this mind the time to work. Many know that Islam is the truth but do not have the enough bravery to convert. There are many reasons. But even form the days of prophet Muhammad , peace be upon him, 

(Abu Jahil said: I am sure that Muhammad is telling the truth but if I believe in him, his grandfathers AbdulMuttalib family will be leaders of us.)

Do not think that all of those who do not convert do not that Islam is the truth but their time of being a Muslim did not come yet and may never come. Allah is the ONLY one who knows.

But I am still on my point.

After everything I said, non_Muslims are human beings who feel, love and want to be loved and respected like us. Love and respect have a strong influence on the human heart no matter what it believes in. Even when someone shows you the hate and ignorance but you show the love and care you will defeat him but with your kindness and generosity. You are the winner at the end.

May Allah guide us and help us to thank Him the way He deserves
for guiding us into Islam.
  I pay witness that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad peace be upon him is His messenger.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 30 September 2009 at 10:47pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:52am
Ameen,Salams Sister F.O.H.Im with you on that.May Allah give us the patience to deal with non-Muslims.This is something that we all need first and foremost along with proper knowledge in which every Muslim newly revert or not should be able to tell non-Muslims about the basics of Al-Islam.(InshAllah)May Allah Help us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic