IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Mohammad the Last Prophet of Allah?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Mohammad the Last Prophet of Allah?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 10:23am
As I speak not a smidgen of Arabic, I use other methods of interpretation.

If the person shouts the phrase while waving an AK-47 in a riot, I interpret
one way.

If it is intoned to a pious group of people worshiping God, I infer another.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 10:47am

Peace upon you DavidC.,

You bring up such a very good point - intention is everything!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 1:12pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

The bible nor the koran reffers to Muhammed as the last MESSENGER, Akhir means last, khatim means seal, and to some it means attest. There is also khatam al quran, which means the completion of the recital of the whole koran, it does not mean that the koran will not be recited again. So clearly khatim (seal) does not mean akhir(last). But it indicates a comletion. Nowhere in the koran does Allah say that muhammed is "akhir arrosul" last of the messengers. Or in anyway tells us that Muhammed is the last messenger, except when people used "khatim annubuwwa" as meaning the last messenger, this is dishonest, first because it says khatim which means seal and not akhir which means last, secondly it says nubuwwa which is translated as Prophethood. Thirdly there is a difference between nabiy(prophet) and rasool(sent one) and then there is also the word Mursaleen(the sent ones with a certain message that already exists) because you can say mursaloona bi al quraan which means sent(plural) with the koran, so they are mursaleen.

Community, would you so kindly point to even a single ayat in the Qur'an where a prophecy is made regarding a prophet yet to come.  Both the Torah and the Gospel had prophecies regarding one or more future prophets.  As far as I know, the Qur'an does not.  If the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) were not the last prophet, then why were there no prophecies about another to come as were in prior holy books? 

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

Hard to accept for some maybe, but so was it for those jews and christians before the muslims, and you will not find in the way(tradition, sunnat) of Allah any change, or any other situation.

Your statement here is simply not well founded.  First, for both Jews and Christians, it was hard for them to accept future prophets despite the fact that both the Torah and the Gospel contained prophecies regarding them.  So, in the case of Jews and Christians, they refused to believe the prophecies Allah revealed within the context of their own holy books.  How can a Muslim refuse to believe something which Allah has not revealed to him/her?  Second, there is a change in the way of Allah in the Qur'an and Sunnah, i.e., there are no prophecies regarding future prophets as can be found in both the Torah and Gospel.

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 11:52pm

Subhaana Allah al'adheem. Muhammed Salla allahu 'alaihi wa sallam is the seal of prophethood, but this does not mean he was the last "sent one" (rasool, mursil) of Allah

If we read the koran we find that Allah directs His speech to the messenger(the leader), the faithful(al mu'mineen), those who submit their will to Allah(muslims), to the people of the book, to mankind in general and then also to the hypocrites(manifiqeen)and the kafireen(disbelievers). The leader, is he who fears Allah the most from amongst the people. The leader should be the one who fears Allah the most, because fearing Allah makes one truely just amongst the people, such a person will avoid being unjust as much as possible since he realizes that he will be standing before Allah and be asked about his actions, this person will not strive for power, but he will be asked to lead because of the truthfulness recognized in him by the faithful. One who fears Allah, fears being given power because of the responsibilty it involves...The leader will take the words like "say" in the koran as Allah's speech directed to him, he will fear that if he disobeys the command of Allah the punishment of a distressing day. So he will say and do as Allah commands him to do through the koran, so when Allah says "you", he will take it as His words to him, and not as in the english interpretations it says "you(o muhammed) between brackets, he will not see the parts between brackets because he will know arabic, and in the real koran, the arabic koran there is nothing between brackets, only the true unadulterated words of Allah. The true faithful will recognize him and have faith in him, help him and support him, and the ones who will lose are those who oppose him, they will be full of pride, degrading him and accusing him of being a liar, and even persecute him and the faithful with him who help and support him, like the prophet muhammad salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam and the faithful -radhia Allahu 'anhum wa alaihim assalaam-were treated by the "esteblishment", the esteblishment back then were the leaders in Mekka and their tribes, and those who obeyed them because of interests.  The esteblishment had interest in keeping people holding to their religion and following their ways, because through this falsehood they kept the power over the people, and this gave them a false notion of security. The prime example of a darkening(unjust) esteblishment is the Pharao and his people and the faith they practised, in which the Pharao was seen as a god, and everything evloved around him, this way he kept control over the people and this was fair seeming to him, it is called self interest in the most extreem wrong way. When the leader comes, you will probebly not even hear about him, untill they are victorious, or the face off between them and those who oppose him becomes noticable because of the losses of those who oppose him. Then still those who oppose him will send disinformation into the world as to keep others away from joining him, just like the enemies of Allah did in the time of the prophet and the faithful.

Chapter the women "annissaa"5 verse 100

He who migrates in the way of Allah, finds in the earth many a refuge, wide and spacious, and whoever goes out of his home migrating to Allah and His sent one, and death overtakes him, then his reward falls on Allah. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Merciful.

bear witness to Allah that i came to you with the truth. Even though most of you detest it.

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 1:33am

Community,

Would you please directly quote your sources for the things you said about this future leader?  And, are you saying this leader will be a prophet?  If so, would you quote the ayat that says this will happen?

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 8:57am
My dear bro Community, your response to my logical reasoning is far way off. At this time in our discussion, we are not discussing the ramifications of the out come of the true meanings of word "seal" but the meaning itself. Hence, all your post is kind of 'jumping into the conclusions' without going through the rigours of logic. I think one would use logic with wisdom than typical emotional rhetorics. 
saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 11:05am
what a pathetic question. muhammed is the last prophet even shias don't disagree witht that.
allah knows best.
Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 1:53pm

As Salam o Alikum

The claim that the Muhammad(pbuh) is not the last Prophet is of the Qadianis who are also known as to be the Ahamadis. There is a consensus in the Muslim world that they do not fall under the defination of Muslim. Why??

Because if Muhammad is not the last Prophet then it means Quran is not the final world of God. This is not the belief of Muslims.

Because then it means God forgot to mentioned the name of next Prophet. This is not the belief of Muslims.

Because then Quran is also open to alteration.

Because then all those sayings of Prophet Muhammad which says that he is the last messanger of God are fabricated. This can't be the belief of a Muslim.

So anyone who refuse to accept Muhammad as the last messanger of God is not a Muslim under any circumstances. There has to be no compromise on this aspect.

Shams Zaman   Pakistan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic