IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RIP Micheal Jackson  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Micheal Jackson - Event Date: 25 June 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PattyaMainer View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: RIP Micheal Jackson
    Posted: 02 August 2009 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by PattyaMainer PattyaMainer wrote:

Who is Cranmer
blog's ghost writer? or  you just copied & pasted thoughtlessly just that site happens to be quite anti Muslim ...

IMHO this the blog's post is a pathetic attempt to preach their dogma in post MJ' scene...
In this age of the internet there are rumors galore about his brother Jermain trying to get him follow his footsteps but failed and this ghost blog built the tirade on a false assumption...He was very sick person albeit a great entertainer. A very simple test to see if he reverted he could not entertain with the material contents of his upcoming concerts for which he was training like a slave to money handlers ...and shooting Diprivan and what not to go sleep from which he couldn't wake up...
So why is this blogger getting bent out of shape on a non existent issue?
What gives?

Btw wasn't Archbishop Cranmer burnt at stake on the orders of Catholic Queen Mary... and following were the parting words he uttered , "And as for the pope, I refuse him, as Christ's enemy, and Antichrist with all his false doctrine....
Patty you being RC should have thought twice before posting thisWink

The point is not who wrote this article!!  The point is what the person wrote is true.
IMHO the whole thing is rubbish based on an assumption....
 I'm assuming you are a very young person, and love to see the rockers and rappers perform.  Good for you.  Someday you will grow up and learn to appreciate less sexy forms of entertainment, I hope.
Wrong assumption again; I happen to be couple years senior than you are per your profile; grandma...

Please do not every insult me as a Roman Catholic....oh, I'm not an RC, I am a Roman Catholic.  Archbishop Cranmer was not Catholic of course, he caused the split between England and the Holy See, at which point they mostly became Protestants....Anglicans in fact.  He caused this split because he submitted to the demands of King Henry VIII and allowed his divorce from his wife.  This was considered heresy in the Church.  He recanted his statements made against the Church on several occasions, but died a Protestant martyr when he died making the heretical statements he made against the pope.
You don't need to tell me the Brits history...
Is it my problem that Christians or Catholics don't have clarity between  right and wrong and they can't control what is between their legs... 
  In this day and age, it is quite possible the Holy See and the Archbishop of Canterbury will come together once again and embrace the Catholic faith.  My brother-in-law, who is British and has lived his entire life in England is an Anglican priest. I have learned much from him!   He is very hopeful that the Anglicans will rejoin the Catholic faith.....we believe virtually the same doctrine anyway.
Good luck, birds of a feather flock together...

Sooooo, what is your problem?
Your preachy attitude amongst us...
 You don't like anyone stating the addictions and psychiatric problems Michael Jackson had developed?
Sure go for it... drug addiction is a gift of the western and American cultural heritage and the musicians represent, he was not the only one and won't be the last one...
 I liked Michael Jackson's songs.....to listen to them, but I felt they were wayyyyyyy too sexy to watch him perform.
That is why it is called music and illegitimate by Islamic rules if any one cares to follow
 I thought Muslims were to refrain from such vulgar entertainment too.  Is that not so?
DUH, you ignored my point that I have made bold above for you...
I rest my case..........

I am stepping out of your circle, not because I believe anything you've written, but because you are a very rude, insulting person.  For years I had worked for some professional Muslim men who were wonderful and became good friends with my husband and family.  They were not like you. We visited their homes, ate meals together, and had very interesting conversations about everything.....including religion.  Many of these men were physicians.  It is a shame that you pick out little snippets and twist them to enable you to be extremely rude and insulting toward me.

You are not anyone I would care to know or have a meaningful dialogue with....because your only purpose for posting on this site is to spread hatred and bad feelings against Americans, the West, and anyone who is not Muslim and/or a non-muslim hater.  I wish you well, and hope one day you may see that the West, America, and the entire world is comprised of many very kind, gentle, and lovely people.  It must be very ugly in your world which is filled with so much hatred and resentment.

God's Peace,
Patty
"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2009 at 1:37pm

Who is Cranmer
blog's ghost writer? or  you just copied & pasted thoughtlessly just that site happens to be quite anti Muslim ...

IMHO this the blog's post is a pathetic attempt to preach their dogma in post MJ' scene...
In this age of the internet there are rumors galore about his brother Jermain trying to get him follow his footsteps but failed and this ghost blog built the tirade on a false assumption...He was very sick person albeit a great entertainer. A very simple test to see if he reverted he could not entertain with the material contents of his upcoming concerts for which he was training like a slave to money handlers ...and shooting Diprivan and what not to go sleep from which he couldn't wake up...
What gives?

Btw wasn't Archbishop Cranmer burnt at stake on the orders of Catholic Queen Mary... and following were the parting words he uttered , "And as for the pope, I refuse him, as Christ's enemy, and Antichrist with all his false doctrine....

The point is not who wrote this article!!  The point is what the person wrote is true.
IMHO the whole thing is rubbish based on an assumption....
 I'm assuming you are a very young person, and love to see the rockers and rappers perform.  Good for you.  Someday you will grow up and learn to appreciate less sexy forms of entertainment, I hope.
Wrong assumption again; I happen to be couple years senior than you are per your profile; grandma...

Please do not every insult me as a Roman Catholic....oh, I'm not an RC, I am a Roman Catholic.  Archbishop Cranmer was not Catholic of course, he caused the split between England and the Holy See, at which point they mostly became Protestants....Anglicans in fact.  He caused this split because he submitted to the demands of King Henry VIII and allowed his divorce from his wife.  This was considered heresy in the Church.  He recanted his statements made against the Church on several occasions, but died a Protestant martyr when he died making the heretical statements he made against the pope.
You don't need to tell me the Brits history...
Is it my problem that Christians or Catholics don't have clarity between  right and wrong and they can't control what is between their legs... 
  In this day and age, it is quite possible the Holy See and the Archbishop of Canterbury will come together once again and embrace the Catholic faith.  My brother-in-law, who is British and has lived his entire life in England is an Anglican priest. I have learned much from him!   He is very hopeful that the Anglicans will rejoin the Catholic faith.....we believe virtually the same doctrine anyway.
Good luck, birds of a feather flock together...

Sooooo, what is your problem?
Your preachy attitude amongst us...
 You don't like anyone stating the addictions and psychiatric problems Michael Jackson had developed?
Sure go for it... drug addiction is a gift of the western and American cultural heritage and the musicians represent, he was not the only one and won't be the last one...
 I liked Michael Jackson's songs.....to listen to them, but I felt they were wayyyyyyy too sexy to watch him perform.
That is why it is called music and illegitimate by Islamic rules if any one cares to follow
 I thought Muslims were to refrain from such vulgar entertainment too.  Is that not so?
DUH, you ignored my point that I have made bold above for you...
I rest my case..........

Edited by Sign*Reader - 02 August 2009 at 2:01pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2009 at 10:47am

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael Jackson�s funeral � which religion will prevail?

Was Michael Jackson a Muslim?

Allah knows.

And we are about to find out.

In his will, Michael Jackson expressed a wish for his body to be cremated and sprinkled over the surface of the moon. But cremation is forbidden in Islam, and the parlous state of the singer�s finances now rather precludes the possibility of lunar sprinkling. Star trekking across the universe is the domain of those for whom it is difficult to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

The arrangements for what will undoubtedly be the biggest funeral spectacular since the death of Diana Princess of Wales are actually a political decision of not inconsiderable global importance. While millions of Muslims try to claim Michael Jackson for the greater glory of Allah, the witnesses of Jehovah are having none of it. And music is haraam in any case. The demons which plagued Michael Jackson during his life are as nothing to those which are doing battle over his soul, and this present turmoil in the heavenlies is mirrored on earth in the conflict over the singer�s estate and the custody battle over his children.

The speculation over the religion of the former King of Pop (to whom does that title now pass?) is natural, and competing sides are attempting to claim him as their own. For Michael Jackson, of course, the question is now of absolutely no consequence: he is either with God in heaven, in purgatory, in hell, or his atman has surrendered to the karmic samsara and he lives on as a cockroach.

Or, of course, he has simply ceased to be.

It is a matter of historical record that Michael Jackson was born to parents who were devout Jehovah�s Witnesses, and he was raised strictly in accordance with the tenets of that faith: always canvassing and never Christmas. But this was too puritanical for his showbiz spirit, and he quite obviously outgrew its confines, both theological and sociological.

It is rumoured that he converted to Islam last year and changed his name to Mikaeel � the name of one of Allah�s angels.

This being the case, he should have been buried intact within two sunsets as Muslims believe that demons ravage and torture the body if this is not adhered to. But the necessary post mortem examination took precedence, and toxicology tests had to be conclusive in order to dispel (or confirm) rumours of foul play. After all, we are talking about the King of Pop, and something as mundane as vicodin can no more claim his life than a simple car crash could end that of the Princess of Wales. Even now, the Jackson family has ordered a second autopsy, thereby fanning the flames of conspiracy.

Since Michael Jackson had a sudden heart attack, he did not have time to say �La Ilaha Illa Allah�, and so has not gone straight to paradise. Unluckily for him, according to the Hadith of Abu Hurairah, �a believer's soul will remain in suspense until all his debts are paid off�.

Since these are estimated to be $500,000,000, that is an awfully long time in limbo.

Perhaps the Jackson ummah (for at least Jermaine is a professing Muslim) will auction the TV rights to the funeral, or sell them to anyone and everyone in order to maximise the prophet profit. Demand for a mass public service is going to be high, and hordes of fans will make pilgrimage from the four corners of the earth to kiss his shrine. It is even possible that the funeral could eclipse that of Diana as billions tune in to cyber-mourn.

There is something of a tension between the sparse simplicity of a Jehovah�s Witness funeral and that of a prominent Muslim. While both eschew weeping and wailing (and alcoholic toasts), they are both fond of gnashing teeth: their funerals are a time to focus on God, his greatness and the proclamation of salvation.

If Michael Jackson died a Muslim, expect to hear of the proclamation of the Salat al-Janazah and news that he will be buried with his head pointing towards Mecca. These are imperatives for all Muslims and the only guard against Shaytaan.

Cranmer has only one thought on Michael Jackson�s spirituality: he was consistent. He simply exchanged one religion which offers absolutely no assurance of salvation for another. Both Jehovah�s Witnesses and Muslims have to earn their places in paradise: salvation is by works; the spirit is redeemed by the obedience of the flesh and the burden of submission to law.

Cranmer thanks God that he justified by faith through grace, and that God provided the ransom for us - the most precious body and blood of his own most dear and best beloved Son Jesus Christ. Justification is free to us, but not to God. Faith, of course, does not stand in isolation: It �doth not exclude repentance, hope, love, dread, and the fear of God�. After all, faith which does not produce good works �is not a right, pure and lively faith, but a dead, devilish counterfeit, and feigned faith'. The justified are bound to serve God in doing good deeds, but these works are imperfect and not able to deserve our justification, which comes freely by the mercy of God. Authentic faith is �a pure trust and confidence in God�s merciful promises�.

And this is the only source of peace, not as the world gives.

Who is Cranmer

What gives?

The point is not who wrote this article!!  The point is what the person wrote is true.  I'm assuming you are a very young person, and love to see the rockers and rappers perform.  Good for you.  Someday you will grow up and learn to appreciate less sexy forms of entertainment, I hope. 

Please do not every insult me as a Roman Catholic....oh, I'm not an RC, I am a Roman Catholic.  Archbishop Cranmer was not Catholic of course, he caused the split between England and the Holy See, at which point they mostly became Protestants....Anglicans in fact.  He caused this split because he submitted to the demands of King Henry VIII and allowed his divorce from his wife.  This was considered heresy in the Church.  He recanted his statements made against the Church on several occasions, but died a Protestant martyr when he died making the heretical statements he made against the pope.  In this day and age, it is quite possible the Holy See and the Archbishop of Canterbury will come together once again and embrace the Catholic faith.  My brother-in-law, who is British and has lived his entire life in England is an Anglican priest. I have learned much from him!   He is very hopeful that the Anglicans will rejoin the Catholic faith.....we believe virtually the same doctrine anyway.

Sooooo, what is your problem?  You don't like anyone stating the addictions and psychiatric problems Michael Jackson had developed?  I liked Michael Jackson's songs.....to listen to them, but I felt they were wayyyyyyy too sexy to watch him perform.  I thought Muslims were to refrain from such vulgar entertainment too.  Is that not so?  I feel MJ was sad and rather lost in life.  I also believe that deep inside he was a kind and caring man......and I feel our merciful and loving God will take Michael's illnesses into consideration when he judges him.

Peace to you,
Patty

"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 8:49pm

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Allah knows.

In his will, Michael Jackson expressed a wish for his body to be cremated and sprinkled over the surface of the moon. But cremation is forbidden in Islam, and the parlous state of the singer�s finances now rather precludes the possibility of lunar sprinkling. Star trekking across the universe is the domain of those for whom it is difficult to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

The arrangements for what will undoubtedly be the biggest funeral spectacular since the death of Diana Princess of Wales are actually a political decision of not inconsiderable global importance. While millions of Muslims try to claim Michael Jackson for the greater glory of Allah, the witnesses of Jehovah are having none of it. And music is haraam in any case. The demons which plagued Michael Jackson during his life are as nothing to those which are doing battle over his soul, and this present turmoil in the heavenlies is mirrored on earth in the conflict over the singer�s estate and the custody battle over his children.

The speculation over the religion of the former King of Pop (to whom does that title now pass?) is natural, and competing sides are attempting to claim him as their own. For Michael Jackson, of course, the question is now of absolutely no consequence: he is either with God in heaven, in purgatory, in hell, or his atman has surrendered to the karmic samsara and he lives on as a cockroach.

It is a matter of historical record that Michael Jackson was born to parents who were devout Jehovah�s Witnesses, and he was raised strictly in accordance with the tenets of that faith: always canvassing and never Christmas. But this was too puritanical for his showbiz spirit, and he quite obviously outgrew its confines, both theological and sociological.

It is rumoured that he converted to Islam last year and changed his name to Mikaeel � the name of one of Allah�s angels.

This being the case, he should have been buried intact within two sunsets as Muslims believe that demons ravage and torture the body if this is not adhered to. But the necessary post mortem examination took precedence, and toxicology tests had to be conclusive in order to dispel (or confirm) rumours of foul play. After all, we are talking about the King of Pop, and something as mundane as vicodin can no more claim his life than a simple car crash could end that of the Princess of Wales. Even now, the Jackson family has ordered a second autopsy, thereby fanning the flames of conspiracy.

Since Michael Jackson had a sudden heart attack, he did not have time to say �La Ilaha Illa Allah�, and so has not gone straight to paradise. Unluckily for him, according to the Hadith of Abu Hurairah, �a believer's soul will remain in suspense until all his debts are paid off�.

Since these are estimated to be $500,000,000, that is an awfully long time in limbo.

Perhaps the Jackson ummah (for at least Jermaine is a professing Muslim) will auction the TV rights to the funeral, or sell them to anyone and everyone in order to maximise the prophet profit. Demand for a mass public service is going to be high, and hordes of fans will make pilgrimage from the four corners of the earth to kiss his shrine. It is even possible that the funeral could eclipse that of Diana as billions tune in to cyber-mourn.

There is something of a tension between the sparse simplicity of a Jehovah�s Witness funeral and that of a prominent Muslim. While both eschew weeping and wailing (and alcoholic toasts), they are both fond of gnashing teeth: their funerals are a time to focus on God, his greatness and the proclamation of salvation.

If Michael Jackson died a Muslim, expect to hear of the proclamation of the Salat al-Janazah and news that he will be buried with his head pointing towards Mecca. These are imperatives for all Muslims and the only guard against Shaytaan.

Cranmer has only one thought on Michael Jackson�s spirituality: he was consistent. He simply exchanged one religion which offers absolutely no assurance of salvation for another. Both Jehovah�s Witnesses and Muslims have to earn their places in paradise: salvation is by works; the spirit is redeemed by the obedience of the flesh and the burden of submission to law.

Cranmer thanks God that he justified by faith through grace, and that God provided the ransom for us - the most precious body and blood of his own most dear and best beloved Son Jesus Christ. Justification is free to us, but not to God. Faith, of course, does not stand in isolation: It �doth not exclude repentance, hope, love, dread, and the fear of God�. After all, faith which does not produce good works �is not a right, pure and lively faith, but a dead, devilish counterfeit, and feigned faith'. The justified are bound to serve God in doing good deeds, but these works are imperfect and not able to deserve our justification, which comes freely by the mercy of God. Authentic faith is �a pure trust and confidence in God�s merciful promises�.

Who is Cranmer

What gives?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 01 August 2009 at 9:13pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

It is interesting to note, that we are accountable for all of our wealth, what we do with it, so, at times wealth, may be more of a  trial. We have strict guidelines, no riba, zakat etc.

Thanks for the post Patty

Wow!  This is great, Hayfa.  We agree on something!! :)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 4:45am
It is interesting to note, that we are accountable for all of our wealth, what we do with it, so, at times wealth, may be more of a  trial. We have strict guidelines, no riba, zakat etc.

Thanks for the post Patty
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 1:48pm

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Allah knows.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 11:24pm
Seekshidayath, MJ hasn't been buried yet, they are still deciding on where. Also I think they are waiting for part of his brain to be returned from pathology and more test to determined what went on. It is common for families to wait for the burial. The results have been deferred and not on the death certificate yet.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic