IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it right or wrong??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it right or wrong??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it right or wrong??
    Posted: 13 July 2005 at 4:08am

Assalaamoalikum

i have 2 Questions:

1)I think that most of the people know about Aghakhanis(Ismailies).I just wanted 2 know that r these people in the circle of islaam??As they have seperate place of worship.they what ever do in their Jammat Khanas is hidden to other.Are they muslims??

2)My second query is related to first1 and my first question was because of this problem.and the problem is that  there is a family who is aghakhani but in that after some years the elder son regrets to be an Aghakhani and converts him self in a muslim.now his doughter who is very particular about islaamic laws and rules,she prayers 5 times a day.dont belive in any other religion or say a way to worship Allah as aghakhani says that is firqa (a correct path to worship Allah but asks their imam to fulfill their needs)she believes just only 1 Allah and does what ever is in Quran and her father who also is not aghakani but because they dont have any good terms in outer family and it is never happend that they marry out of family they wants their doughter to be married to an Aghakhani who is her cousin but she wants to marry a man who must be a muslim but cant say any thing to her parents. just tell me that will this marriage be  haram. and what should girl do?even she has tried to make her parents understand but no way.Is it right or wrong??

Please dont mind any1 if i am talking about a particuler religion or as they say that it is their firqa which is exactly right.I just asked this because this is a major prob for that girl.Plzzz help her.

BlackMuslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackMuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:30pm

salams sister

Agha khanis are not muslim because of one reason. They believe that there was another prophet after Mohammad (saww).

I could give you more information, but i just saw your note, and i thought i could say something before i disconnect, so ishallah talk to you later

M1583 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:38pm

Thanx 4 ur concern.but plzz provide me more information if u know.

and tell me abt that girl what should she do?is she right or wrong?

BlackMuslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackMuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 2:37pm

salams

Islam teaches us to obey our parents, as long as they are not asking to disobey Allah. In this particular case, the sister's parents are asking her to mary someone just for the culture, not for the religion. The youngman is aghakhani, which means he believes that there was another prophet after Muhammad (saww), He's not muslim for this only reason, and a muslimah should never get married with a non muslim.

If the parents keep forcing her to marry him, she has the right to say NO, not only because the young man is not in an islamic circle, but also because sisters should also be consulted for the marriage matter.

with salams

modarjan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modarjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 4:17pm

Assalamualaikum. I was born and raised as an Ismaili. Alhamdullilah, Allah swt bestowed me with Islam through my marriage to a sunni muslim. Ismailis are not muslims. They believe in Aghakhan as their hazir (present) imam. Their prayer called dua is 3 times daily and their dua doesn�t have any samblance of salat. They do not do or maintain wudu before or during salat. In their sajada, they have the name of aghakhan. They do not observe ramadhan, though they celebrate eid ul fitr. I do not understand why? They do not go for hajj. Their hajj is deedar, which means seeing Aghakhan. Their realigon is secretive and kept hidden. If they are righteous, why don�t they proclaim it openly? There are so many many practices in that religon that not only contradicts Islam, but considered major sins. Ismailis have the pictures of Aghakhan every where in their house,even in their cars. Ismailis worship Aghakhan, though they deny that and say that he is only our imam. Touching Aghakhan�s picture, followed by rubbing the face with hands at night before sleeping, is nothing but worshipping a human being. Marriage with an Ismaili will be considered as a muslimah marrying a unbeliever. That girl should be firm in her stand against this marriage. A quotation of Al-Quran, (not exact translation) is: "Do not disobey your parents, except when they forbid you to follow any other religion than Islam." Allah swt has ordained us to disobey parents only in that particular aspect. That girl is an adult and must be able to make decision of her own free will. May Allah swt guide her to follow the righteous way of Islam in making the life long decision, Inshallah ameen. Modarjan

liyala View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liyala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 5:36pm

Dear M1583,

I agree with the answers you have received so far. Allah has given choice in marraige to both parties and for whatever reason if you do want marry the person you can refuse. As a form of respect for your parents though you do owe them an explanation for refusing what they consider a good match. I hope you will be strong yet respectful when you tell them your reasons for refusing. May Allah Bless You.

liyal.a
M1583 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 5:49am

Assalaamoalikum

modarjan and liyala both of u r exactly right.

as u said that i must refuse to my parents,i did refuse.from th very begening i am crying after every 2 or 3 days i do make my mother realise that this is wrong but no use.now i have to pretend that what ever is my parents decission  is right coz if i say no then i have to face very harsh words by my parents.

actually this perposal was accepted on a condition that girl would not be forced to go to jammat khana.and they agreed.i even talked to my cousin and he said that u do what u like and i will do what i like coz no body can force other in the matter of religion.and my parents says that no body accept this type of conditions u r very furtunate that u r gettin to maary a peron like him.

i tried to make them understand many times but they just says same as MODARJAN told:Ismailis worship Aghakhan, though they deny that and say that he is only our imam.nowwhat to do.i am the only one who stricktly against this sect.my father is also against aghakhanis  but not that much.i dont know why he is doin this to her doughter.

im just waiting for the right time i know Allah is there to help me out.

thanx take care Allahafiz

liyala View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liyala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 10:33pm

Dear M1583,

You should not have to pretend... It is very unfortunate that you haven't been able to convince your parents when you have such serious doubts about the marraige. It's good that your cousin thinks that there should be no force in matters of religion but it is not practical. You will be living together for the rest of your lives and your and your husband's actions and habits will affect the children you will have.

If you have serious doubts about the marraige you should talk to your parents again and keep talking to them until either you see all the benefits they see or they understand your reluctance. I will pray for you sister and hope you will make a decision that will help your iman.

liyal.a
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic