Print Page | Close Window

Is it right or wrong??

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Women (Sisters)
Forum Description: Groups : Women (Sisters)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1489
Printed Date: 12 May 2024 at 8:24am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Is it right or wrong??
Posted By: M1583
Subject: Is it right or wrong??
Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 4:08am

Assalaamoalikum

i have 2 Questions:

1)I think that most of the people know about Aghakhanis(Ismailies).I just wanted 2 know that r these people in the circle of islaam??As they have seperate place of worship.they what ever do in their Jammat Khanas is hidden to other.Are they muslims??

2)My second query is related to first1 and my first question was because of this problem.and the problem is that  there is a family who is aghakhani but in that after some years the elder son regrets to be an Aghakhani and converts him self in a muslim.now his doughter who is very particular about islaamic laws and rules,she prayers 5 times a day.dont belive in any other religion or say a way to worship Allah as aghakhani says that is firqa (a correct path to worship Allah but asks their imam to fulfill their needs)she believes just only 1 Allah and does what ever is in Quran and her father who also is not aghakani but because they dont have any good terms in outer family and it is never happend that they marry out of family they wants their doughter to be married to an Aghakhani who is her cousin but she wants to marry a man who must be a muslim but cant say any thing to her parents. just tell me that will this marriage be  haram. and what should girl do?even she has tried to make her parents understand but no way.Is it right or wrong??

Please dont mind any1 if i am talking about a particuler religion or as they say that it is their firqa which is exactly right.I just asked this because this is a major prob for that girl.Plzzz help her.

Replies:
Posted By: BlackMuslim
Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:30pm

salams sister

Agha khanis are not muslim because of one reason. They believe that there was another prophet after Mohammad (saww).

I could give you more information, but i just saw your note, and i thought i could say something before i disconnect, so ishallah talk to you later

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:38pm

Thanx 4 ur concern.but plzz provide me more information if u know.

and tell me abt that girl what should she do?is she right or wrong?

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 2:37pm

salams

Islam teaches us to obey our parents, as long as they are not asking to disobey Allah. In this particular case, the sister's parents are asking her to mary someone just for the culture, not for the religion. The youngman is aghakhani, which means he believes that there was another prophet after Muhammad (saww), He's not muslim for this only reason, and a muslimah should never get married with a non muslim.

If the parents keep forcing her to marry him, she has the right to say NO, not only because the young man is not in an islamic circle, but also because sisters should also be consulted for the marriage matter.

with salams

Posted By: modarjan
Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 4:17pm

Assalamualaikum. I was born and raised as an Ismaili. Alhamdullilah, Allah swt bestowed me with Islam through my marriage to a sunni muslim. Ismailis are not muslims. They believe in Aghakhan as their hazir (present) imam. Their prayer called dua is 3 times daily and their dua doesn�t have any samblance of salat. They do not do or maintain wudu before or during salat. In their sajada, they have the name of aghakhan. They do not observe ramadhan, though they celebrate eid ul fitr. I do not understand why? They do not go for hajj. Their hajj is deedar, which means seeing Aghakhan. Their realigon is secretive and kept hidden. If they are righteous, why don�t they proclaim it openly? There are so many many practices in that religon that not only contradicts Islam, but considered major sins. Ismailis have the pictures of Aghakhan every where in their house,even in their cars. Ismailis worship Aghakhan, though they deny that and say that he is only our imam. Touching Aghakhan�s picture, followed by rubbing the face with hands at night before sleeping, is nothing but worshipping a human being. Marriage with an Ismaili will be considered as a muslimah marrying a unbeliever. That girl should be firm in her stand against this marriage. A quotation of Al-Quran, (not exact translation) is: "Do not disobey your parents, except when they forbid you to follow any other religion than Islam." Allah swt has ordained us to disobey parents only in that particular aspect. That girl is an adult and must be able to make decision of her own free will. May Allah swt guide her to follow the righteous way of Islam in making the life long decision, Inshallah ameen. Modarjan

Posted By: liyala
Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 5:36pm

Dear M1583,

I agree with the answers you have received so far. Allah has given choice in marraige to both parties and for whatever reason if you do want marry the person you can refuse. As a form of respect for your parents though you do owe them an explanation for refusing what they consider a good match. I hope you will be strong yet respectful when you tell them your reasons for refusing. May Allah Bless You.

-------------
liyal.a

Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 5:49am

Assalaamoalikum

modarjan and liyala both of u r exactly right.

as u said that i must refuse to my parents,i did refuse.from th very begening i am crying after every 2 or 3 days i do make my mother realise that this is wrong but no use.now i have to pretend that what ever is my parents decission  is right coz if i say no then i have to face very harsh words by my parents.

actually this perposal was accepted on a condition that girl would not be forced to go to jammat khana.and they agreed.i even talked to my cousin and he said that u do what u like and i will do what i like coz no body can force other in the matter of religion.and my parents says that no body accept this type of conditions u r very furtunate that u r gettin to maary a peron like him.

i tried to make them understand many times but they just says same as MODARJAN told:Ismailis worship Aghakhan, though they deny that and say that he is only our imam.nowwhat to do.i am the only one who stricktly against this sect.my father is also against aghakhanis  but not that much.i dont know why he is doin this to her doughter.

im just waiting for the right time i know Allah is there to help me out.

thanx take care Allahafiz

Posted By: liyala
Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 10:33pm

Dear M1583,

You should not have to pretend... It is very unfortunate that you haven't been able to convince your parents when you have such serious doubts about the marraige. It's good that your cousin thinks that there should be no force in matters of religion but it is not practical. You will be living together for the rest of your lives and your and your husband's actions and habits will affect the children you will have.

If you have serious doubts about the marraige you should talk to your parents again and keep talking to them until either you see all the benefits they see or they understand your reluctance. I will pray for you sister and hope you will make a decision that will help your iman.

-------------
liyal.a

Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 4:37am

Thanx for your prayer liyal.a

u r right.but the prob is that i cant say much to my parents.Infact last night i had a quarrel with my mother.I was just clearing the differences between muslim and an aghakhani so that she might consider the situation but she always ends it up by saying that "what ever u r doing is for u and what ever aga khani are doing is for them."

even my aunt was there who is practising ismaili /agakhani in lahore.i have got some articles which proves that agakhani r not muslims so i read one of those articles to my aunt. she didn't said any thing but just wanted to know that who is that person who wrote all this about agakhanis.As all there practises are hidden to other muslims.Although each and every word of that article is true.

it was very serprising for me that my aunt goes to jammat khana almost every day.she does what ever is going in jammat khanas but she doesn't know that y she is doing so?she celebrates every occasion but dont know the reason behinde it.

i am doing what ever i can.May Allah help me (aameen)

thanx

Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 10:44am

salam alaykum sister,

All these advices are from your brothers and sisters in islam, but still, its not enough for you to make a correct decision. You will have to talk to a Muslim leader, a Sheikh who has full knowlegde about Islam, and he will tell you what to do according to the Quran and Sunna. Do not make a decision that you will regret when it will be too late.

Only an Aalim (Sheikh) can give you the right answer.

It looks like your parents are going the opposite way with the religion, and you have to make a right decision. Disobeying Allah, or your parents

maa salam

Posted By: modarjan
Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 5:20pm

Assalamualaikum. I start with a prayer from the depth of my heart for you. May Allah swt guide you to the path of righteous and instill courage in you to make the right decision, Inshallah ameen. My dear sister, one thing is v.clear in your mind and mine, that Ismailis are not muslims. Your parents, aunt, your cousin need not to be convinced about that. They will never be convinced, because of indoctrination of faith they practice. Now, it is all up to you to make that difficult decision, knowing that, " your marriage with an ismaili is not valid." You may ask assistance of muslims near you to help you with protection and shelter, if such situation arises. We had a native chammorro girl in the same situation. Her parents told her to leave the house, when she decided to convert and marry a muslim. Alhamdullilah, she is a practicing muslimah, a mother and an inspiration and role model for us. Another born sikh girl had her body bruised blue for secretly praying salat in closet. Alhamdullilah that courageous girl is married with children. Both these sisters have a close relationship with their parents now. Please come to terms, knowing that initially you will face trials and tribulations in terms of your relationship with your parents and family, but remember this: Ref. Quran. "With hardship comes the ease." In my prayers. Modarjan

Posted By: saav-luv
Date Posted: 05 July 2007 at 10:36am

well i have too many questions that ismiles are muslim are not n here i want to add one thing that i'm in love head our heals in love with her and she's too loves me but here the problem is that she's ismaili now  tell me in this condition what i do now coz i want to make her at right side of islam n after all i know that  suni (i'm) are right on the path. can u people help me out or tell me some ways to tell her that ismilies are wrong .... please help me i'm very thank ful to u ppls like u ppl tell me what r the wrong things that ismilies are on wrong path

-------------
awais

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net