IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - black seeds  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

black seeds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 10:24am

One more thing, what about oatmeal? What do you put it in?

thanx again

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 11:46am
Originally posted by ummsaleh ummsaleh wrote:

This week i made wheat bread- black seeds- flax seeds and a cream cheese frosting, all the kids in the neighborhood are requesting this bread.

Assalamu Alaikum

Sister Ummsaleh, would you please share your recipte for this bread with us?  It sounds wonderful. 

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 11:22am
Assalamu Alaikum,

This is not a recipe for black seeds but I just wanted to let you know my
digestive problems have already begun to subside, ilhamdulilah!!! I've
been putting up with these problems for a while!! THANK YOU THANK
YOU THANK YOU!!    Of course all thanks is to Allah for creating this
lil' seeds!!

Peace,
J.R.
Smile
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 11:03pm

Honestly I never measure, i pour everything into my bread machine.

Wheat flour-black seeds- flax seeds- oatmeal-2 eggs(i know how many eggs)- little oil- hot skim/low fat milk-salt-3 teaspoon sugar- 2 tablespoon of yeast, oh yeah some cinnamon

I tried with honey, didn't work/ also tried with butter instead of oil and it was wonderful. This bread must rise for at least an hour before baking it.

Then make a cream cheese frosting

ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 11:06pm
Also, they say that flax seeds help with weight loss. I think it works; it's helping me.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 1:35am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Very cute thread i have ever seen and i couldn't imagine how can a seed will be beneficial like i heard in the thread...but i think everyone missed something,a very hard question came from Sister Ummziba:" Does anyone know how to collect the seed easily before it falls to the ground?..."

I wonder,how?...but i think they should be collected before falling to the ground after understanding if they matured(Sister Ummziba one by one;one by one!,bad news for you)by the way it is an hard issue to growing them up...very interesting...before eating something we should know how the serious efforts made them to grow up then this may cause more shukr in our life...wa salaam...

Edited by Suleyman
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 2:43pm

Assalamu alaikum,

I had asked (back on page one) why flax seeds are not black.  Never got an answer and then, of course, forgot all about it.  Today, I was reading some things about the Prophet (pbuh) and came across a reference to "black seed" or the Prophet's seed, that was said to have amazing healing powers - so I looked it up.

The black seed that the Prophet (pbuh) refers to is nigella sativa (common names: black cumin, Roman corriander, fitch, love in the mist).  So, while flax seed is considered to be very good for you, it is not the "black seed" that the Prophet (pbuh) talked about that has so many healing qualities.

Black seed (nigella sativa) is an annual with small blue flowers that bloom in spring.  The seed pods take until fall to mature, when the black seeds inside can be harvested.

Just "google" nigella sativa and you will find more than enough information on "black seeds".  You can also "google" flax seed to find out about the nutritional qualities of it.

I am glad I came across this, as I thought flax was not the "black seed" but didn't know what was, now I do - and if you are reading this, you do too!

Ramadan mubarak and peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 5:57am

Assalamu alaikum,

An update on flax seeds: apparently they should not be eaten whole if you wish to gain much benefit from them, they need to be ground.  Whole seeds just pass right through, so the benefit as a fiber still works!  When grinding flax seeds, one should not generate too much heat (like when using a mortor and pestal) as the heat can cause the seed to go rancid quickly!  Keep your ground seeds in the fridge.

Peace, ummziba

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic