IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - black seeds  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

black seeds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: black seeds
    Posted: 12 July 2005 at 4:34am
Does many one take black seeds / flax seeds daily?
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 5:38am

Assalamu alaikum Sister ummsaleh,

No, I do not.  But I have heard that they are supposed to be good for the body.  What benefits do they provide?  Is baking them in bread beneficial?

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 10:22am
I have studied nutriton extensively and flax seeds are one of the most nutritious foods in the world. All women should take some flaxseed oil every day and incorporate the ground seeds into thier diet. The oil is good for p.m.s., healthy hair and skin, preventin diabetes, cancer, heart disease ect. and is very good for kids. Even men too. The seeds are beneficial for the colon and are a great source of fiber. I take the oil every day and also buy bread, waffles and other products with flax seeds. You can even bake with them. I say hooray for Flax(black seed)!!!!!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 11:01am

Assalamu alaikum,

Thanks for the information.  Now here is a silly question - the flax seeds I buy are actually brown, not black, is this the same seed we are talking about here?

Also, I am growing flax in my garden this year, a white and a blue variety.  Is this seed the same?  Does anyone know how to collect the seed easily before it falls to the ground?

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 9:32am

I bake with the seeds daily, i noticed a diffrence with my skin and bowel movements(excuse me) with in days. Also, they say that flax seeds help with weight loss. All my children take flax seeds, my baby rather eat flax seeds than have a sucker, mashallah. For the older kids i put flax seeds/ black seeds in breads and cinnamon rolls. Their favorite is flax seeds with youghurt.

Clarabelle View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 12:18pm

Flax seeds are great! I take the oil in a supplement form each day, they help with depression too and my sister has started giving them to her daughters as they are supposed to calm children and make them less naughty, more attentive!

You can buy flax seed oil too, which is tasty on salad. Flax seeds, I have been told, are the same as linseeds, the ones I have are yellowish brown-they look a bit like sesame seeds! Maybe there are different varieties?

Does anyone else like pumpkin and sunflower seeds too?

By the way Ummsaleh, cinnamon rolls sound lovely! My mouth is watering!

Clara

J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:36pm
Assalamu Alaikum,

Will just taking the flaxseed oil supplements provide the same benefits
as eating the actual flax seeds themselves? Thanks!!

Peace,
J.R.
Smile
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 5:44am

Maybe I'm weird, but l love the taste of flax seeds.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic