IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Israeli Jets bomb Gaza: 1,300 Dead  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Israeli Jets bomb Gaza: 1,300 Dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 55>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 6:05pm
Quote Originally posted by Ron Webb
"What purpose is served by deliberately killing Israeli civilians, other than to give the Israeli government yet another excuse to kill yet more Palestinians?"

To balance the murders of their own innocents, to retaliate for their stolen land, to make them aware of their pain, to show them that while they know they are weaker militarily they don't fear death and will never give in, though even a rock throw invites a massacre of their own mostly unarmed ghetto inhabitants, the majority of which are children.

And that same massacre (in response to the civilian deaths caused by Hamas/IslamicJihad/etc) then causes the entire world to look, to question, to seek out answers as to the genesis, to demand justice as we are seeing from this event; to put political pressure on the parties to finally resolve the issue.

Any killing, civilian or otherwise, is part of a defensive war that Hamas is waging on the Palestinian's behalf against the occupiers - they accept and possibly welcome that the Israeli response is going to be over-the-top and bring their plight to an even wider audience, increasing the chances of changing their national fortunes.

Another result of drawing out their opponent has been to show the extremely high level of patronage that client states such as Saudi, Egypt, etc have from the West.   Muslim countries have finally been forced to take a definite stand; e.g, Qatar cutting off ties with Israel... This revelation of patronage has also increased calls for Hamas to be included in any honest representation of the Palestinians, now that the shell game of Abbas, Mubarak, etc. has been made so much clearer.

Hamas is being addressed now, Israel lambasted by mainstream press, apologized for by Carter, etc.

As miserable as this situation is, the result of any killings any Palestinians have committed has brought war - and then the media - and then the reality of their plight to the world... in a way, as Mandela said, that non-violence did not.   

(Though I used Ron's question to launch this answer, I present this to Duende, Whisper, Serv, SignR, SA and other thoughtful brothers and sisters with the hope that you can show me the possible failings of my reasoning...)

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 28 January 2009 at 6:12pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 7:51pm

Thank you, Jamal.  That is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, and although I disagree with it at least it is forthright.  I wish I had time for a full reply, but I am flat out of time for this discussion and this may be my last message for a long while. 

I wonder how many here are comfortable with Jamal's point of view, that there is merit in "balancing the murders of innocents"?  Given the choice between 1300 dead Palestinians and a handful of dead Israelis, versus 1300 dead on both sides, is the latter preferable?   Why?

I also wonder if Muslims are comfortable with the idea of provoking Israelis into killing Palestinians, just so they can use those deaths to gain sympathy from the world.  Personally I don't think that works very well, but even if it does, does the benefit outweigh the cost, either morally or pragmatically?

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 9:24pm
After making a sincere attempt at answering you without animosity - well, I shouldn't be surprised with your ignorance and/or your willful obtusity.

I never said there was merit in balancing the murders, Ron.

Though you like to accuse this of our most literate, it is obvious:
You can't read or you won't read - either one casts an ugly light on your ability to discuss something as serious as this.

Now, you finally get the answer you are looking for?
What's the implication?
That you already have "The Answer", and wander around the site with your diapers full, allowing two brilliant sisters and a few of our older chaps to change them for you. This isn't an adult day care center, boo.

Now, after you get your "kind of answer":
You've slimed and distilled a gruesome conclusion from what I tried to describe only as a politics of last ditch efforts, a politics of the helpless but proud, a politics of despair, a politics of the ghettoized, the marginalized, the political struggle of the drowning.

And you read an embrace of murder out of all that?

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 9:52pm

You asked me "what you get", and I replied that you might get Hamiltonian terrorists.

No you didn�t answer me, you went on to adultrate your answer with some song and dance about your Moo(cow)rality and what you would and would not do.

What do you mean by might? Are you some kind of people who have descended straight from heaven? Are you some effing superior race that's not effected by the Laws of Nature? What are you trying to sell us here? Who are you?

I am referring to the same question I've been asking everyone in various ways for the past twenty-something pages: What purpose is served by deliberately killing Israeli civilians, other than to give the Israeli government yet another excuse to kill yet more Palestinians?
My great Feel Low So far, if you were even remotely concerened about the welfare of those Palestinians or any other human being, at all, we would have answered your question. We have come to know why you are here and from now on we are going to treat you for exactly what you are.

Thank you, Jamal.  That is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, 

This sentence is worth noticing.
This is the psychological slip I have been waiting for the whole duration of this thread. This chap is here as if taking a class! How many marks does Jamal get, Sir?

He is here merely to provoke and indoctrinate us. Only some psychopath would indulge in such things.

I also wonder if Muslims are comfortable with the idea of provoking Israelis into killing Palestinians, just so they can use those deaths to gain sympathy from the world. 

Absolute typical 123% AIPAK line!

Come on and justify your assertion, NOW.

It�s people of your ilk who really promote terrorism. You sit here singing some AIPAK scripted songs about the terrorists and showing off your morality only because you have nada of the sort. People who just sing songs about the terrorist without looking at the INJUSTICE that causes terrorism are the worst hypocrites and criminals.

Listen, I am not some nice person like Duende or my friend Jamal or some Shaistas Aunt. I am an AFGHAN. I have seen hundreds of your ilk. I am going to deal with you right here and now on this forum. You are singing AIPAK lines merely to provoke us.

Do you get the hell out of here, voluntarily or shall we get you thrown out for provocation? The choice is entirely yours. But one thing is now certain, you are a provocatuer and a persona non grata here.

Edited by Whisper - 28 January 2009 at 10:30pm
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 9:54pm
After making a sincere attempt at answering you without animosity - well, I shouldn't be surprised with your ignorance and/or your willful obtusity.

Though you like to accuse this of our most literate, it is obvious:
You can't read or you won't read - either one casts an ugly light on your ability to discuss something as serious as this.

Now, you finally get the answer you are looking for?
What's the implication?
That you already have "The Answer", and wander around the site with your diapers full, allowing two brilliant sisters and a few of our older chaps to change them for you. This isn't an adult day care center, boo.

Now, after you get your "kind of answer":
You've slimed and distilled a gruesome conclusion from what I tried to describe only as a politics of last ditch efforts, a politics of the helpless but proud, a politics of despair, a politics of the ghettoized, the marginalized, the political struggle of the drowning.

And you read an embrace of murder out of all that?

Brother Jamal, please, worry not about this one. He has exposed himself just absolutely. I have analysed him word by word, he is here just for he enjoys provocation. He is here with his own agenda of indoctrination, plainly, out of some inferiority complex or as a paid agent of the Israeli services.

Brother, you have seen me with such chaps, just relax we will get rid of him. After your post he is persona non grata and will be dealt with as such.

Edited by Whisper - 28 January 2009 at 11:45pm
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 10:31pm
Excellent end to a shabby period here, bravo Jamal though I'm sorry he goaded you into taking him seriously, the same thing happened to SA and me.

Now that he's "gotten the answer he was looking for" so he can spin it just like a Zionist Neo-Con Class A Dip-Stick, he's left. Perhaps to show up on some other thread, but safe with his little envelope of slogans with which to flagelate members.

But nevermind, let's take solace in the fact that the world is finally waking up and Israel stands as weak and ignoble as this Ron chap, with article after article in the main stream press focussing on their war crimes, brutality, racism and State terrorism.

Viva la revolucion!

(Big to all our Brothers and Sisters who've been reading this thread and suffering along with participants ....)
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 4:55am
Originally posted by Jamal Morelli Jamal Morelli wrote:

You said the purpose was to "balance the murders of their own innocents."  Your exact words.

Quote Now, you finally get the answer you are looking for?
What's the implication?
I didn't say I got the answer I was looking for.  I said I got the kind of answer I was looking for -- i.e., a direct, forthright answer, not another question, not an irrelevant tu quoque and not an ad hominem attack.  However, I see you have also now reverted to flame mode, so I give up.

Edited by Ron Webb - 29 January 2009 at 4:57am
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 6:02am
I will tell a story.
There was a very interesting and brave Indian warrior who fought alongside these Hang Low Sexnon settlers, in Canada, and won many victories.

When the war was almost decided in their favour these monkies sent Tecumse's troops blankets infected with Small Pox and you know then what happened.

I love their baangs (Loud claims) of morality.

SUGGESTION: Let him bark in the face of empty winds for once and just watch the results. We will not answer his posts, we have to out this virus.

Edited by Whisper - 29 January 2009 at 6:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 55>
  Share Topic