IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let's Try Part 3  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLet's Try Part 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 40>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 6:55am
Subhanallah ! Smile
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 10:34pm

JazakiAllahu khayr sister for the answer. Clap

Next Question

Which  surah {chapter}  of the holy Qura'an means "Spider" and why is "house of spider" cited as an example in the holy Qur'an ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2008 at 12:45am
Salaam Alaikum,

Surah Al Ankaboot

029.041 : The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2008 at 4:16am

Wa'laikum salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

JazakAllah brother for the answer. Had to wait looong for the answer Ermm

Next question

When the Sahabah (radiAllahu anhum) were very few in Makkah, weak and oppressed, one day they said, "The Quraysh have not heard the Qur'an being recited loudly, Who can do it?"

One of the sahabas, rose fearlessly to do this task. Who was he ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 5:03am
As-salaam alaykum Warahamtullah Wabarakatuh
My answer is:
Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 12:06am
As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah this thread is going well and the questions are getting difficult.

I did not know about Khuzaymah bin Thabit RA nor about the 6 merits granted to a martyr. Jazakallahu khairan

I agree with Sakeenah it was Abdullah ibn Mas'ud who first recited the Quran loudly near the Kabah.

I miss being here too, Insha Allah I will try and come more often.

With Hajj and Eid al-Adha around the corner you will find some lovely Islamic greetings Here

Salams
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 9:34pm
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Sister Alwardah, you are one of the oldest member, who is associated with this thread. Your intrest towards this thread, and helping us to gain more knowledge thru your discussions, and correcting us when we are wrong, were immense contributions to it. JazakiAllahu khayr, that you are here at IC, for attending this thread. May Allah swt, accept all your efforts towards it and bless you, in dunya and aakhirah.

Coming to the answer, : Abdullah ibn Masud RA is the correct answer.

I would like to share this passage from the discussion of sahabas

When the Sahabah (radiAllahu anhum) were very few in Makkah, weak and oppressed, one day they said, "The Quraysh have not heard the Qur'an being recited loudly, Who can do it?"

"I will do it" said Abdullah Ibn Masud.

This was a big task. The Sahabah were afraid for him because he did not have any tribe to protect him. The Quraysh could easily attack and harm Abdullah ibn Mas'ud if he started to read the Qur'an for everyone to hear.
But Ibn Masud said, "Allah will keep me safe from their mischief".

Ibn Masud went to the Kab'ah where some of the Quraysh were gathered and started reciting Surah Ar-Rahman of the Qur'an.

When the Quraysh realised he was reciting the Qur'an, they came over to him, and started beating him till he bled. However, although he was very swollen and bruised, he finished reciting the Surah.

The Sahabah were sorry for Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud when they saw his condition, but Abdullah ibn Mas'ud said, "By Allah, the enemies of Allah are more uncomfortable than me, and I would go and do it again."
The sahabah said, "It is enough."

Ibn Mas'ud had excellent manners and he loved to make sacrifices for Allah's sake. He took part in all the major battles of Islam with Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam).

SubhanAllah ! What a sahabah, he was ! So did Allah agree with him.

May Allah swt also help us to beautify our characters like this and make sacrifices for the sake of Allah swt. Ameen

JazakiAllahu khayr sister Sakeenah for answering it correct. May Allah swt also reward you for being active and helping us to move forward.

Sister Chrysallis and bro. Saladin ! where are you ?

Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 9:35pm

Next Question :

How did the idol worship get started ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 40>
  Share Topic