Print Page | Close Window

Let's Try Part 3

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13438
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 5:58am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Let's Try Part 3
Posted By: icforumadmin
Subject: Let's Try Part 3
Date Posted: 27 October 2008 at 11:22am
Let's Try Part 3, continution of Let's Try Part 2

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12404&PN=31 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12404&PN=31

Replies:
Posted By: lovesakeenah
Date Posted: 27 October 2008 at 12:00pm
ALLIAMDULILLAH!WinkSmileThumbs%20UpStarClapBig%20smileHurray!!!!We're on part three now......I missed the first few posts of part two......don wanna repeat that this time.......
NEXT QUESTION,PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Posted By: Woodstock
Date Posted: 27 October 2008 at 1:04pm
Part 2 didnt get as long as part 1 but part 2 is easier to search through

-------------
Speak a little Learn alot.

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 27 October 2008 at 11:38pm
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

As woodstock said, it would make us easier to refer back or search.

Sis Sakeenh, that link you shared in your previous post and asked us our opinions ---remember !! Well that is a link of shiates.

All of our members who participated in our earlier question, answered it correct , Alhamdullilah. Uthman RA, was a very shy sahaba that Prophet sallal lahu alayhi wa sallam, said of this companion that the most truthful in shyness is Uthman [RA} SubhanAllah. May Allah swt help all of us to beautify our character with it. It is also said that Shyness is part of faith.

Next Question

We all know that it was the habit of Prophet [ sallal lahu alayhi wasallam] that when anyone did good to him, he would repay it with something more excellent. Once Prophet sallal lahu alayhi wasallam, asked a sahaba [Rabeeah ibn Ka'ab] RA, to return his favour with more goodness } - "Ask of me anything that i can give it to you ? " ---

My question for today is, what did the sahaba ask ?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 28 October 2008 at 2:41am
Rabiah ibn Ka'ab asked rasulullah(s.a.w) to beseech Allah on his behalf to make him (Rabiah) the Prophet's Companion in Paradise...
Hope that wasn't too clumsy....Wink

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Date Posted: 28 October 2008 at 2:51am
Here's my reference..very interesting story masha Allahu..

http://www.muslimwiki.com/mw/index.php/Rabiah_ibn_Kaab - http://www.muslimwiki.com/mw/index.php/Rabiah_ibn_Kaab

-------------

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 28 October 2008 at 5:14am

Subhanallah!!! I loved the story of Rabiah ibn Ka'ab . . . . Jazakallah so much for sharing with us sis...

This is the beautiful Islam... I wish more muslims were like that today, kind and Allah-fearing, it would be such an inspiration...

There were so many interesting points to note!!! (for e.g, notice, that Prophet Muhammad asked Rabia to 'help' him achieve his wish of companionship in Paradise thru salaat... He didnt say 'granted' - showing tht only Allah alone has the power of granting anything in the hereafter . . . Prophet cannot interceed)

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Posted By: Woodstock
Date Posted: 28 October 2008 at 5:43am
good story

-------------
Speak a little Learn alot.

Date Posted: 29 October 2008 at 1:40am
Assalamu Alaikum

Today i have a very easy question. I did not read anything.

What the word "Zakat" means ?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: Saladin
Date Posted: 29 October 2008 at 3:40am
Wa'alaikumsalaam, 

The answer is "Purity".

-------------
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'

Date Posted: 29 October 2008 at 10:03pm
Yes,its purity , "self purification. JazakAllah brother for the answer

Next question :

Which of the sahabas was called as "living Martyr" ?

-------------

Date Posted: 30 October 2008 at 8:01am
My answer is....Talha ibn Ubaydullah...

And thanks for checking that Site out seekshidayath,I had also anticipated so cos everything just seemed so offWacko

-------------

Date Posted: 31 October 2008 at 6:25am

Every Friday i remember Sis Aminah. She used to greet us - "Jumuah Mubarak" How intresting it was when even her children tried to answer us, is n't it ? She was very regular here, and she stopped all of a sudden. May Allah swt ease her days, and may she join us soon. Am missing her very much. Even our sister [Salams wife} I wonder what must have happened to her. Hope even she peeps in as woodstock does.

JazakiAllahu khayr sister Sakeenah for the answer. This answer was discussed earlier, at Part - 1, so we shall not repeat it.

Next Question

033.069  O ye who believe! Be ye not like those who vexed and insulted Moses, but God cleared him of the (calumnies) they had uttered: and he was honourable in God's sight.

So the question is - Who were those who vexed and insulted Musa AS ? And how did Aallah clear that ?

Hope sis Alwardah, Chrysallis and Brother Saladin, shall join us.

Sister Sakeenah, did you read, how they distort our history and sahabas. Blood boils when read such. They try to prove us with those materials. We have one such member at boards. Anyways---

-------------

Date Posted: 01 November 2008 at 10:22pm
Assalamu Alaikum

Where are you all ?

Waiting for the answer -----

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2008 at 4:58am
Just taking a wild guess here . . .

I'm guessing it was the Bani Israel??? To be more specific, perhaps the people who saw Hazrat Musa (A.S) accidently kill a man ???

Donno :)

Waiting for the ans.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 03 November 2008 at 12:13pm
ConfusedStern%20SmilePinch

-------------

Posted By: Alwardah
Date Posted: 07 November 2008 at 5:16am

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah Alhamdulillah I did not realize that we were already in part 3, I was wondering why it was so quiet but could not drop by.

The answer is the Jews and  they said that he had a skin disease  because he use to cover himself due to his shyness. So one day when he went to bath Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala caused the rock with his clothes to move and the people saw his nakedness. Sori I don�t have the full Hadith. This is what I remember.

Due to other pressing matters, I will only be visiting IC twice or thrice a month. I will miss you and I am only coming to IC for this thread. For a long time I did not time to read any new post so I am completely out of touch of what�s happening here.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala bless us with useful knowledge and keep our feet firm on the Siratul-Mustaqeem. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Date Posted: 08 November 2008 at 5:31am
As Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Am sorry for the delay.

JazakiAllahu khayr sisters for your participation.

Sister Alwardah, adding to your answer, here is the hadith

Al-Bukhari recorded in the Book of Hadiths about the Prophets, that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said:

Musa, peace be upon him, was a shy and modest man who would never show anything of his skin because of his shyness. Some of the Children of Israel annoyed him by saying: "He only keeps himself covered because of some defect in his skin, either leprosy or scrotal hernia or some other defect.'' Allah, may He be glorified, wanted to clear Musa, peace be upon him, of what they were saying. One day Musa was alone, so he took off his garment and put it on a rock, then he took a bath. When he had finished, he turned back to pick up his garment, but the rock moved away, taking his garment with it. Musa picked up his stick and chased the rock, saying, "My garment, O rock! My garment, O rock!'' Until he reached a group of the Children of Israel, who saw him naked and found that he was the best of those whom Allah had created. Thus he was cleared of what they had said about him. Then the rock stood still, so he took his garment and put it on. He started hitting the rock with his stick, and by Allah, the marks of that beating were left on the rock, three or four or five. This is what is referred to in the Ayah: "O you who believe! Be not like those who annoyed Musa, but Allah cleared him of that which they alleged, and he was honorable before Allah.

Imam Ahmad recorded that `Abdullah (bin Mas`ud) said: "One day, the Messenger of Allah distributed some booty and a man among the Ansar said, `This division was not done for the sake of Allah.' I said, `O enemy of Allah! I am going to tell the Messenger of Allah what you have said.' So, I told the Prophet about it. His face reddened and he said, "May Allah have mercy on Musa. He was annoyed with worse than this, yet he remained patient"

-------------

Date Posted: 08 November 2008 at 5:34am

Next Question

Who was the sahaba whose witness was equivalent to two ?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2008 at 1:24am
Wow. I'm enjoying this! Questions are getting more challenging and my interest is piqued! :)

I have no clue to the answer, lol, so wont event make an attempt! Hurry up people....I wanna see the answer.

Okay - I cant help it, I'll take a wild guess! Abu Bakr? Cz he was called the Siddeeq ?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2008 at 10:42am
As Salamu Alaikum

I am at a loss to so I will guess it was Ali ibn Abi Talib Radhi Allahu Anhu

Salams

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)

Date Posted: 09 November 2008 at 9:36pm

Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Its neither Abu Bakr RA, nor Ali RA. It is Khuzaymah bin Thabit RA, whose witness was considered equivalent to two.

There is a hadith that Khuzaymah bin Thabit Al-Ansari narrated which Imam Ahmad collected.

`Umarah bin Khuzaymah Al-Ansari said that his uncle, who was among the Prophet's Companions, told him that the Prophet was making a deal for a horse with a bedouin man. The Prophet asked the bedouin to follow him so that he could pay him the price of the horse. The Prophet went ahead of the bedouin. The bedouin met several men who tried to buy his horse, not knowing if the Prophet was actually determined to buy it. Some people offered more money for the horse than the Prophet had. The bedouin man said to the Prophet , "If you want to buy this horse, then buy it or I will sell it to someone else.'' When he heard the bedouin man's words, the Prophet stood up and said, "Have I not bought that horse from you'' The bedouin said, "By Allah! I have not sold it to you.'' The Prophet said, "Rather, I did buy it from you.'' The people gathered around the Prophet and the Bedouin while they were disputing, and the bedouin said, "Bring forth a witness who testifies that I sold you the horse.'' Meanwhile, the Muslims who came said to the bedouin, "Woe to you! The Prophet only says the truth.'' When Khuzaymah bin Thabit came and heard the dispute between the Prophet and the bedouin who was saying, "Bring forth a witness who testifies that I sold you the horse, '' Khuzaymah said, "I bear witness that you sold him the horse.'' The Prophet said to Khuzaymah, "What is the basis of your testimony'' Khuzaymah said, "That I entrusted you, O Messenger of Allah!'' Therefore, the Messenger made Khuzaymah's testimony equal to the testimony of two men. This was also recorded by Abu Dawud and An-Nasa

Al-Bukhari recorded that Zayd bin Thabit said: "When we wrote down the Mushaf, an Ayah from Surat Al-Ahzab was missing, which I used to hear the Messenger of Allah reciting. I did not find it with anyone except Khuzaymah bin Thabit Al-Ansari, may Allah be pleased with him, whose testimony the Messenger of Allah counted as equal to that of two other men.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2008 at 9:38pm
Next Question

As the first drop of blood gushes out, a martyr is granted six merits. What are they ?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 November 2008 at 12:43am
AS-salaam alaykum Warahaamtullah Wabarakatuh
We miss having you around sis.Alwardah...& thanks sis.Chrysalis for being regular....and our committed questioner seekshidayath...
Ok,here's my anwer but it's not arranged numerically....

Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said: �The martyr has six merits from Allah: with the first gush of blood his sins are forgiven; he sees his place in paradise; he is saved from grave torture; he is saved from the greatest fear; he wears the costume of Iman; he marries houris, and he intercepts on behalf of seventy of his relatives.� (Sonan of Ibn Majah) The annotator of the Tahawi Belief mentioned that: �Allah orders the earth not to decompose the Prophets� bodies. Some of the martyrs remain intact even after long periods of burial. It is possible they shall remain the same until the Day of Judgement or their bodies shall take longer time to decompose as a tribute for what they did. This may differ from one martyr to another according to the degree of his martyrdom.�

-------------

Date Posted: 10 November 2008 at 6:55am
Subhanallah ! Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 11 November 2008 at 10:34pm

JazakiAllahu khayr sister for the answer. Clap

Next Question

Which  surah {chapter}  of the holy Qura'an means "Spider" and why is "house of spider" cited as an example in the holy Qur'an ?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2008 at 12:45am
Salaam Alaikum,

Surah Al Ankaboot

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2008 at 4:16am

Wa'laikum salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

JazakAllah brother for the answer. Had to wait looong for the answer Ermm

Next question

When the Sahabah (radiAllahu anhum) were very few in Makkah, weak and oppressed, one day they said, "The Quraysh have not heard the Qur'an being recited loudly, Who can do it?"

One of the sahabas, rose fearlessly to do this task. Who was he ?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2008 at 5:03am
As-salaam alaykum Warahamtullah Wabarakatuh
My answer is:
Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud

-------------

Date Posted: 20 November 2008 at 12:06am
As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah this thread is going well and the questions are getting difficult.

I did not know about Khuzaymah bin Thabit RA nor about the 6 merits granted to a martyr. Jazakallahu khairan

I agree with Sakeenah it was Abdullah ibn Mas'ud who first recited the Quran loudly near the Kabah.

I miss being here too, Insha Allah I will try and come more often.

With Hajj and Eid al-Adha around the corner you will find some lovely Islamic greetings http://easelandink.forumotion.com/islamic-greetings-f12/ - Here

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 20 November 2008 at 9:34pm

Sister Alwardah, you are one of the oldest member, who is associated with this thread. Your intrest towards this thread, and helping us to gain more knowledge thru your discussions, and correcting us when we are wrong, were immense contributions to it. JazakiAllahu khayr, that you are here at IC, for attending this thread. May Allah swt, accept all your efforts towards it and bless you, in dunya and aakhirah.

Coming to the answer, : Abdullah ibn Masud RA is the correct answer.

I would like to share this passage from the discussion of sahabas

When the Sahabah (radiAllahu anhum) were very few in Makkah, weak and oppressed, one day they said, "The Quraysh have not heard the Qur'an being recited loudly, Who can do it?"

"I will do it" said Abdullah Ibn Masud.

This was a big task. The Sahabah were afraid for him because he did not have any tribe to protect him. The Quraysh could easily attack and harm Abdullah ibn Mas'ud if he started to read the Qur'an for everyone to hear.
But Ibn Masud said, "Allah will keep me safe from their mischief".

Ibn Masud went to the Kab'ah where some of the Quraysh were gathered and started reciting Surah Ar-Rahman of the Qur'an.

When the Quraysh realised he was reciting the Qur'an, they came over to him, and started beating him till he bled. However, although he was very swollen and bruised, he finished reciting the Surah.

The Sahabah were sorry for Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud when they saw his condition, but Abdullah ibn Mas'ud said, "By Allah, the enemies of Allah are more uncomfortable than me, and I would go and do it again."
The sahabah said, "It is enough."

Ibn Mas'ud had excellent manners and he loved to make sacrifices for Allah's sake. He took part in all the major battles of Islam with Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam).

SubhanAllah ! What a sahabah, he was ! So did Allah agree with him.

May Allah swt also help us to beautify our characters like this and make sacrifices for the sake of Allah swt. Ameen

JazakiAllahu khayr sister Sakeenah for answering it correct. May Allah swt also reward you for being active and helping us to move forward.

Sister Chrysallis and bro. Saladin ! where are you ?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 November 2008 at 9:35pm

Next Question :

How did the idol worship get started ?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 November 2008 at 5:00am
Confuseddonno..
Good to have you around sis.Alwardah & Jazakallahu for sharing that Islamic greeting Site..

-------------

Date Posted: 21 November 2008 at 5:04am

Giving the question a second thought,I think it's a bit twisted...

How did idol worship begin?Confusedis it in Islam or the"origin" of idol worship in general??

Dnt mind me,just a lil'confused!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 November 2008 at 5:57am
Its origin of idol worship in general. How did it get started ?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2008 at 7:58am
No idea...

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2008 at 9:57am
No clue . . .

-------------

Date Posted: 24 November 2008 at 6:31am
Salaam alaikum seeks....Waiting for the answer.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 November 2008 at 12:26am

As Salamu Alaikum

This is a quick summary about the beginning of idol worship. It started at the time of Prophet Nuh (Alayhi Salam)

Yaghuth, Ya`uq and Nasr were righteous people between the time of Adam and Nuh, and they had followers who used to adhere to their guidance. Then, when they died, Shaitan whispered to their followrs we make images of them to honour them. Then, when those people died and other people came after them, Iblis approached them and said, `They (your predecessors) used to worship these statues and they were granted rain by their worship of them.' Thus, they (the latter people) worshipped them and thus beginning of idol worship.

Refer to the Surah Nuh (71)

Wa Alaikum Salam .

-------------

Date Posted: 25 November 2008 at 9:47pm
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Jazakumullahu khayr, dear members, for attempting . I would like to add this to the explanation made by sis Alwardah

Allah the Almighty revealed: "They (idolaters) have said: "You shall not leave your gods nor shall you leave Wadd, nor Suwa, nor Yaghuth, nor Ya uq nor Nasr (names of the idols)." (CH 71:23 Quran).

Originally these were the names of good people who had lived among them. After their deaths, statues of them were erected to keep their memories alive. After sometime, however, people began to worship these statues. Later generations did not even know why they had been erected; they only knew their parents had prayed to them. That is how idol worshipping developed. Since they had no understanding of Allah the Almighty Who would punish them for their evil deeds, they became cruel and immoral.

Ibn Abbas explained: "Following upon the death of those righteous men, Satan inspired their people to erect statues in the places where they used to sit. They did this, but these statues were not worshiped until the coming generations deviated from the right way of life. Then they worshipped them as their idols."

In his version, Ibn Jarir narrated: "There were righteous people who lived in the period between Adam and Noah and who had followers who held them as models. After their death, their friends who used to emulate them said: 'If we make statues of them, it will be more pleasing to us in our worship and will remind us of them.' So they built statues of them, and , after they had died and others came after them, Iblis crept into their minds saying:'Your forefathers used to worship them, and through that worship they got rain.' So they worshipped them."

Ibn Abi Hatim related this story: "Waddan was a righteous man who was loved by his people. When he died, they withdrew to his grave in the land of Babylonia and were overwhelmed by sadness. When Iblis saw their sorrow caused by his death, he disguised himself in the form of a man saying: 'I have seen your sorrow because of this man's death; can I make a statue like him which could be put in your meeting place to make you remember him?' They said: 'Yes.'

So he made the statue like him. They put it in their meeting place in order to be reminded of him. When Iblis saw their interest in remembering him, he said: 'Can I build a statue of him in the home of each one of you so that he would be in everyone's house and you could remember him?'
They agreed. Their children learned about and saw what they were doing. They also learned about their remembrance of him instead of Allah. So the first to be worshipped instead of Allah was Waddan, the idol which they named thus."

The essence of this point is that every idol from those earlier mentioned was worshipped by a certain group of people. It was mentioned that people made picture sand as the ages passed they made these pictures into statues, so that their forms could be fully recognized; afterwards they were worshipped instead of Allah.

Into this environment Allah sent Noah with His message to his people

-------------

Date Posted: 25 November 2008 at 9:52pm
Next Question

Its very easy.

Abu Hurairah RA: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is healing in black cumin for all diseases except ________ ?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 November 2008 at 7:03am

Salaam Alaikum,

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 591:

Narrated Khalid bin Sad:

We went out and Ghalib bin Abjar was accompanying us. He fell ill on the way and when we arrived at Medina he was still sick. Ibn Abi 'Atiq came to visit him and said to us, "Treat him with black cumin. Take five or seven seeds and crush them (mix the powder with oil) and drop the resulting mixture into both nostrils, for 'Aisha has narrated to me that she heard the Prophet saying, 'This black cumin is healing for all diseases except As-Sam.' Aisha said, 'What is As-Sam?' He said, 'Death."

-------------

Date Posted: 27 November 2008 at 12:52pm
I was going to say Death as well - but Bro Saladin beat me to it :p I wasnt logged in before.

Anyway....Next Question pl! :)

-------------

Date Posted: 27 November 2008 at 9:35pm

JazakAllahu khayr bro. Saladdin for sharing that hadith. Sis  Chrysallis, you are n't answering since many days. Come on ----

Sis Sakeenah ! Where are you ?

Next Question :

A young boy of short stature was grazing a herd of goats on the mountain trails on the outskirts of Makkah. He saw two men in the distance coming towards him. As they came closer they looked tired and thirsty.

They approached him and asked, "O young boy, can you offer us some milk from any of your goats to quench our thirst?"

In reply the young boy said, "I am sorry, these goats are not mine, they belong to Uqaba Ibn Ali Muait, so I will be dishonest if I give you milk without his permission."

Both men were very impressed with the young boy's honesty.

The question is, who these two men were and who was this honest boy ?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 November 2008 at 11:17pm
Difficult questions Seeks! which is why I usually read the Q and end up not answering. . . but keep 'em tough. . . Because I'm learning a lot :) - So I do stick around for the answers.

Again, donno this one either! :) - Hope our more knowledgeable members will reply soon inshallah. Hurry Up! I want my answer.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2008 at 2:32am
Clue : We discussed him, last week

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2008 at 9:01am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Clue : We discussed him, last week

Abdullah ibn Masud ???

-------------

Date Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:05am
As Salamu Alaikum

Yes it was Abdullah ibn Masud (Radhi Allahu Anhu)

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:14pm

Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Yes its Abdullah Ibn Masud {RA}.

Was it not easy, sis. Chrysallis ?

Let me add up little explanation to it.  This young boy as said was none other than Abdullah Ibn Masud, and the two men were Prophet Muhammed (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) and Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anhu). This incident happened when Islam was very new. They had left Makkah that day to escape the persecution of The Quraysh. Later, He gave up herding goats and instead devoted himself to serving the Blessed Prophet.  He used to accompany Prophet Muhammed on his journeys and tend to his personal needs. He received the unique training and guidance in the household of Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam). He is known and recognised as one of the most knowledgeable companions with knowledge of the Qur'an.

Next Question

{This question is a repeated one}

Who were those two sahabas, paired off as 'brothers' , by Prophet {sallal lahu alayhi wasallam} when he arrived in Medinah after Hijrah ?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 December 2008 at 11:24pm

I did not get ur new question Seeks. . . which 2 sahabas are we talking about?

And subhanallah! I have heard of this incident many times, and read it in Islamiyyat in school . . . but I didnt know that the boy was the famous sahabi Abdullah ibn Masud! R.A

-------------

Date Posted: 03 December 2008 at 5:48pm

Assalamu Alaikum

These two sahabas were  very young. Though they were not brothers from same family,  but they were paried off as"brothers" by Prophet {Pbuh}. Who were they ?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 December 2008 at 6:16pm
Assalamu Alaikum

Abbad ibn Bishr and Ammar ibn Nasir were paired off as "brothers" by the Prophet Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam.

Next question

When Prophet {Pbuh} was very young, around 15 years of his age, a war broke out between Quraish and Banu Kinana on the one side and Qais �Ailan tribe on the other. Prophet {Pbuh} participated in that war. What was his role in those battles ?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 December 2008 at 10:50am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum

Abbad ibn Bishr and Ammar ibn Nasir were paired off as "brothers" by the Prophet Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam.

Next question

When Prophet {Pbuh} was very young, around 15 years of his age, a war broke out between Quraish and Banu Kinana on the one side and Qais �Ailan tribe on the other. Prophet {Pbuh} participated in that war. What was his role in those battles ?

Ohh! I "think" I know this one. . .  Did he pick up the arrows his uncle dropped, and hand it to them? I think I remember reading something like this quite some time ago . . .

waiting. . .

-------------

Date Posted: 12 December 2008 at 11:04pm

Eid Mubarak dear members. May Allah swt. accept all your ibadahs made during these auspicious days.

Now that the eid is over, i see our members still inactive. Wishing our brothers and sisters to join us soon

Now coming to the answer to the previous question, sis Chrysallis, you are correct. Here am adding to the explanation you made

Muhammad [pbuh] was hardly fifteen when the �sacrilegious� wars � which continued with varying fortunes and considerable loss of human life for a number of years � broke out between Quraish and Banu Kinana on the one side and Qais �Ailan tribe on the other. It was thus called because the inviolables were made violable, the prohibited months being included. Harb bin Omaiyah, on account of his outstanding position and honourable descent, used to be the leader of Quraish and their allies. In one of those battles, the Prophet [pbuh] attended on his uncles but did not raise arms against their opponents. His efforts were confined to picking up the arrows of the enemy as they fell, and handing them over to his uncles. [Ibn Hisham 1/184-187; Qalb Jazeerat Al-Arab p.260]

Now an other easy question

What was the profession of most of our Prophets in common ?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 December 2008 at 3:41am
As Salamu Alaikum

A belated Eid Mubarak to everyone

The Profession common to most of the Prophets.......They were all shepherds.

Jazakallahu Khairan to everyone for keeping this thread going

Take care
Salams

-------------

Posted By: Friendship
Date Posted: 14 December 2008 at 4:25am
Assalamu alaikum.

Sorry to drag you back. Yes there was the Fijar war in which he sided with his uncle as you rightly said and the Fudul war in which he stood an an umpire. The Fijar war was mentioned by Muhammad Haykal.
Friendship.

Date Posted: 14 December 2008 at 4:38am
Assalamu alaikum.

Alwardah posted: The Profession common to most of the Prophets.......They were all shepherds.

Response: Correct, but why? (Hint: Answer is in the Books of Genesis and Exodus).
Friendship.

Date Posted: 14 December 2008 at 5:29am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Glad to see you sis Alwardah, We missed you. The slow pace of thread, must be understood. By the way, was happy to see sis Sakeenah's message as well. She sent a message, to convey all the members eid wishes and her apologies was not being active because of a commitment

Hope sis Chrysallis and bro, Saladin too joins us soon. They must not have yet finished there share of sheep Smile

It was answered correct, sis Alwardah. I had no serious question in my mind, so posted that.

"Friendship", am sorry, i cannot answer your question, as lack knowledge from bible. May be our other active members too, cannot answer. So the ball is back to your court Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 15 December 2008 at 2:59am
Next Question

Once caliph Umar visited Damascus and called upon a companion of Prophet. He found the door was just ajar and entered to be greeted in a dark home where this sahaba sat on a bed of pebbles and wrapped in a sheet barely enough to keep away the biting cold of Damascus. Umar RA asked him as to why he led a life of misery. He recounted the Prophet�s hadith wherein he (the Prophet) had advised his followers to gather only as much of the worldly provisions as they would need on a journey. Tears burst out of Umar�s eyes and they both wept throughout the night.

Now the question is, who this sahaba is ?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:28am
Assalamu alaikum.

So far I can say Bilal. But I am looking at another book of Umar bin Khattab.
friendship.

Date Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:09pm

Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

One of them is correct. Try on "freindship".

-------------

Date Posted: 19 December 2008 at 11:04am
Assalamu alaikum.

What of Abu Ubaida ibn Al-Jarah?
Friendship.

Date Posted: 19 December 2008 at 11:27am

As Salamu Alaikum

I think it was Abu Dharr (Radhi Allahu Anhu)

Going back a few post, I would also be interested in knowing why all the prophets were shepherds.

Jazkallahu Khairan

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 19 December 2008 at 2:17pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Alwardah posted: Going back a few post, I would also be interested in knowing why all the prophets were shepherds.

Response: This is of academic interest only. Briefly, the majority of the Messengers mentioned in the Qur'an where from the Children of Israel. They were initially given the propagation and teaching of the Shari'a. They were all the Children of Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham )AS. He gave Isaac the land to the East and about 6000 head each of goats, sheep, cows etc (I have forgotten the actual number). Later on during the time of Prophet Musa (AS) Allah commanded them to offer sacrifices of animals during festivals and on sins committed. The details are in the Book of numbers 28-29. 
Friendship.

Date Posted: 20 December 2008 at 6:19pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

JazakiAllah for the correct answer, sis Alwardah. It was Abu Dharr RA. I thought, i did not disclose even Umar RA's name, so said, one of them is correct.

Next Question

Osman ibn Affan RA, attended all the battles and wars, utill his death, except one. Which was that he cud not participate ?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 December 2008 at 5:39am
Assalamu alaikum.

The battle of Badr.
Friendship.

Date Posted: 22 December 2008 at 1:24am
And the reason was, that his wife, Prophet Muhammad's daughter was sick. . . and he stayed home to care for her. I forgot her name.

Subhanallah, how many husbands today take a day off to care for sick wives?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 December 2008 at 4:16am
Assalamu alaikum.

You are correct. She was Ruqayya.
Friendship

Date Posted: 22 December 2008 at 11:20pm
As Salamu Alaikum

That was a good discussion "friendship" and "chrysallis". Jazakumullahu Khayr. Yes, she was Ruqayya RA, and this couple was known as best couple then. After returning from battle of Uhud, Uthman RA had the privilege to get married to an other daughter of our Prophet.

Next question

I don't have any question right now ---

-------------

Date Posted: 23 December 2008 at 10:18am
Assalamu alikum.

Seekshadayah posted:

Next question

I don't have any question right now ---

Response: Kindly allow me to post on your behalf this: What is the name of Abdul Mutallab? How many male children was born to him?
Friendship.

Date Posted: 23 December 2008 at 5:13pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Abdul Mutallib's real name was Shaiba. And he had ten sons and six daughters. I had to check out for there names and found these

Abdul-Muttalib had ten sons, Al-Harith, Az- Zubair, Abu Talib, �Abdullah,
Hamzah, Abu Lahab, Ghidaq, Maqwam, Safar and Al-�Abbas.

He also had six daughters, who were Umm Al-Hakim � the only white one, Barrah, �Atikah, Safiya, Arwa and Omaima. [Rahmat- ul-lil'alameen 2/56,66; Talqeeh Fuhoom Ahl Al-Athar, p8,9]

-------------

Date Posted: 24 December 2008 at 7:22am
Assalamu alaikum.

As Salamu Alaikum

Abdul Mutallib's real name was Shaiba. And he had ten sons and six daughters. I had to check out for there names and found these

Abdul-Muttalib had ten sons, Al-Harith, Az- Zubair, Abu Talib, �Abdullah,
Hamzah, Abu Lahab, Ghidaq, Maqwam, Safar and Al-�Abbas.

He also had six daughters, who were Umm Al-Hakim � the only white one, Barrah, �Atikah, Safiya, Arwa and Omaima. [Rahmat- ul-lil'alameen 2/56,66; Talqeeh Fuhoom Ahl Al-Athar, p8,9]
Alhamdulillahi. Correct. But according to my source by Martin Lings he had 13 sons.

The next question: Who amongst them was the most beloved and what did he intend to do with him and why could he not do so?

Seekshidayath posted:

Date Posted: 24 December 2008 at 5:26pm
As Salamu Alaikum,

Amongst those sons, Abdul Muttalib's beloved was Abdullah, father of Prophet Muhammad {Sallal lahu alayhi wa sallam}. But i do not know what he intended and cud not do. Hope our other members answer.

By the way "friendship", what is that source you are referring to - 'Martin Lings' ???

Sister Sakeenah, its many days you are inactive !

-------------

Date Posted: 25 December 2008 at 6:57am
I know the answer to that one!!! If I remember correctly that is . . .

I *think* he intended on giving up his son in Allah's path, but he could not do so, because he loved him immensly, so he sacrificed a 100 camels instead. I think Diviniation Arrows were also involved in this story, and they had to keep drawing them untill finally the arrows pointed to a 100 camels in return for Abdullah's life. . . .

I remember hearing this story when I was a kid . . . very vaguely . . . so correct me if I'm wrong.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 December 2008 at 10:18am
Assalamu alaikum.

Yes, both Seekshidayath and chrysalis were correct. In addition, his mother Fatimah was from the famous Banu Makhzum clan. Because of their then influence it became impossible for Shaybah to sacrifice Abdallah.

Another question, but only for those who study the Bible and the Qur'an: What battle did the Chidren of Israel fight bearing the same lesson that resembled the battle of Badr and Uhud?: Can you give the ratio of the fighting men?
Friendship.

Date Posted: 25 December 2008 at 10:23am
Assalamu alaikum.

Seekshidayath asked: By the way "friendship", what is that source you are referring to - 'Martin Lings' ???

Response: Martin Lings authored "Muhammad his life based on the earliest source". I do not know whether he accepted the final Message or not.
Friendship.

Date Posted: 27 December 2008 at 11:56pm
Another question, but only for those who study the Bible and the Qur'an: What battle did the Chidren of Israel fight bearing the same lesson that resembled the battle of Badr and Uhud?: Can you give the ratio of the fighting men?
Cannot guess. What i know is the companions of Prophet {Pbuh} said, O Messenger of God! Proceed as God has commanded you to. We are with you wherever you go, even as far as Bark al-Ghimad. We shall not say as the Children of Israel said to Moses: �Go forth, you and your Lord, and fight, We shall remain here sitting!� We rather say: �Go forth, you and your Lord, and fight, and we shall fight on your side as long as the eyelid of any one of us keeps moving.�. And they were 1000 and we were 330.

This is all i know.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2008 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Response: Martin Lings authored "Muhammad his life based on the earliest source". I do not know whether he accepted the final Message or not.
Friendship.

Do you think a person, if disbelieved, holds that much of love and respect for our Prophet, as a believer holds. Such books can only for reference but not for gaining knowledge. That is my opinion.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 December 2008 at 3:00am
Assalamu alaikum.
Seekshidayah posted: O Messenger of God! Proceed as God has commanded you to. We are with you wherever you go, even as far as Bark al-Ghimad. We shall not say as the Children of Israel said to Moses: �Go forth, you and your Lord, and fight, We shall remain here sitting!� We rather say: �Go forth, you and your Lord, and fight, and we shall fight on your side as long as the eyelid of any one of us keeps moving.�.
Response: You are correct. But this was when Prophet Musa (AS) commanded his people to march to canaan after he received the report of the 12 men he sent to spy the land. No fight actually took place.
11)  And they were 1000 and we were 330.

Response: You are correct. But this was in the battle Prophet Dawud (AS) fought Goliath the giant. In both battles the lesson was the triumph of Faith against idolatory and arrogance. This was also what happened at the battle of badr.
The battle of Ai fouhgt by Prophet Joshua (Yusha'u) AS resembled the battle of Uhud, because in both battles the Muslims were defeated because of their disobedience. In the battle of Ai, one soldier broke Israeli's covenant with the Lord. It the case of the battle of Uhud, it was Umar the commander of the 50 archers who made a Ta'wil of the command of Muhammad Rasulullah thereby disobeying his expressed and implicit command. Prophet Joshua had 3,000 troops defeated by about 600; the opposite of that in the battle of Uhud. I will leave you to think carefully of what Islam is. It is good always not to commit yourself to what you do not know.
Friendship.

Date Posted: 28 December 2008 at 3:16am
Assalamu alaikum.
Seekshidayath posted: Do you think a person, if disbelieved, holds that much of love and respect for our Prophet, as a believer holds. Such books can only for reference but not for gaining knowledge. That is my opinion.
Response: The case is not as you think. There are some books on the life of Muhammad before he was appointed as a Messenger. Yes in such books you find them describing him as camel driver, an orphan, very poor, and a confused person. But they never described him as a dishonest man. The more people criticized Muhammad Rasulullah, the more I love and honor him. Let us remember that whatever one says about Muhammad, we have the yardstick to measure his saying- the holy Qur'an. They often misinterpret the reason behind the battle of Badr. Apart from these, so far I have not read anything worse than the writing of those Muslims or those hiding under the cover of Muslims distorting the life of Muhammad and his Sunna. I am sure you know what I mean. Martin Lings is a very good book and if you can afford buy it and keep it in your library. Which book do you hav
e on the life history of Muhammad?
Friendship

Date Posted: 29 December 2008 at 9:37pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Question: Chapter 47 of the holy Qur'an titled Muhammad was revealed in Madina. What is peculiar to this Chapter of the Qur'an, and what does it point to? 

Date Posted: 30 December 2008 at 6:01pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Insha Allah, shall look for the answer today. By the way, where are all our sisters -- ? And brother Saladin, he's doing good work at other threads. Disussing Paletsine issue. So i shall not disturb him.

Hope we all get active and discuss like before Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2009 at 10:13pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Friendship - I did not find any specific theme in that chapter. Jihad, Hell, Heaven, characteristic of believers, disbelievers, -- are discussed. What do you say ?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2009 at 12:59am
Ok,am back,masha Allahu
As-salaam alaykum warahaamtullah wabarakatuh....
Hoping to be more active,insha Allahu...
Friendship..welcome on board!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2009 at 8:29am

Assalamu alaikum.

Question: Chapter 47 of the holy Qur'an titled Muhammad was revealed in Madina. What is peculiar to this Chapter of the Qur'an, and what does it point to? 

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah we see a change of quizmaster.

I too don�t see anything peculiar about this Surah. Or maybe you mean the Reward for the Believers especially the Martyrs and Punishment for the Disbelievers.

Going back to the number of children Abdul-Muttalib, had according to most of the books on the Prophet�s (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) Seerah he had 10 sons and six daughters.

Welcome back SakeenahSmile

Wa Alaikum Salam

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2009 at 5:35pm
Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Am very glad to see both sisters active. Hope you both stay with us here.

By the time  "friendship" replies us, we will get to next question

In the surah of "Ar-Rahman", how many times is this ayah there - "Fabiayyi a'lae rabbikuma tukazzibaan " , which is translated as - Then which of the blessings of the Lord, do you deny" ?

Sister Alwardah , you remember this discussion ? Smile

We did discuss it at our earlier threads.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2009 at 11:42pm

<font size="3" face="Courier New, Courier, mono">Assalamu alaikum.Question: Chapter 47 of the holy Qur'an titled Muhammad was revealed in Madina. What is peculiar to this Chapter of the Qur'an, and what does it point to?

Wa alaikum salam,

Is it about 'Qital' - Armed fighting?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:02am
[QUOTE=seekshidayath] In the surah of "Ar-Rahman", how many times is this ayah there - "Fabiayyi a'lae rabbikuma tukazzibaan " , which is translated as - Then which of the blessings of the Lord, do you deny" ?

Salaam alaikum,

Finally an easy question. Hope its not tricky. I counted a few times. 31?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2009 at 6:52am
As Salamu Alaikum

Dear members, please do post , welcome this brother in Islam. He shall feel very happy and even you shall be rewarded. This is that thread

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13867 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13867

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2009 at 2:29pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Seekshidyath posted: Friendship - I did not find any specific theme in that chapter. Jihad, Hell, Heaven, characteristic of believers, disbelievers, -- are discussed. What do you say ?
Response:  Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. You have answered the question in a different way. Each verse ended by addressing mankind collectively i.e, the disbelievers and believers. So, indeed Muhammad Rasulullah is the Messiah.
Friendship.

Date Posted: 03 January 2009 at 7:12pm
The Quran is clear about the Messiah. Isa ibn Maryam is the Masih, the Masih is Isa ibn Maryam.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 January 2009 at 3:41am
Assalamu alaikum.

Another quiz: What interpretation did the learned Jew in Madina gave to Alif-Lam-Mim; Alif-Lam-Mim-Sad; Alif-Lam-Ra?. What was the name of that Jew?

Friendship.

Date Posted: 04 January 2009 at 4:28am
Wa'laikum Salam

Good question--- I heard this somewhere --- Donno the answer, but shall try to find out

-------------

Date Posted: 04 January 2009 at 6:24am
Assalamu alaikum.

Seekshedayath posted: I heard this somewhere --- Donno the answer, but shall try to find out.

Response: Please you do not need to do so. It is enough that you heard of it probably ten years ago. Allah will reward you for that knowledge.
My reference: The life of Muhammad by A. Guillaume pps 256-257
Friendship

Date Posted: 05 January 2009 at 6:41pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Am sorry. I cud not get it. May be our other members shall answer

I have an other question

What was the relation of Umm Hani and Ali RA ?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 January 2009 at 1:01am
Assalamu alaikum.

Seekshidayath posted: What was the relation of Umm Hani and Ali RA ?
Response: Umm Hani is sister of Ali bin Abi Talib with the same mother called Fatimah. Her proper name was Fakhitah.
As for my earlier question, when the Jewish Rabbi heard that Alif Lam Mim was revealed they were overwhelmed. Huyayy bin Akhtaf the learned of them went to the holy Prophet to confirm of the revelation. He came back to his people and confirmed the revelation. He then told them Alif means 1, Lam is 30, Mim is 40 making 71 years. Are you going to accept a kingdom and community that will last for only 71 years? He continued counting until he reached 734 years.
Friendship.

Date Posted: 06 January 2009 at 12:04pm
ConfusedQuestionQuestion

-------------

Date Posted: 06 January 2009 at 5:38pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Yes, Umm Hani was sister of Ali RA. I did not know that the proper name of Fatimah bint Asad {Mother of Ali RA} was Fakhitah. JazakAllah.

And regarding the answer regarding Alif laam meem ---- this was not i read, as far as i remember. Allah knows the Best. Did he leave for 734 years even after Prophet ?

Next Question { a very easy one}

Why were the residents of Madinah called Al-Ansars by Allah and His Prophet ?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 January 2009 at 1:04am
Assalamu alaikum.

Seekshidayath posted: I did not know that the proper name of Fatimah bint Asad {Mother of Ali RA} was Fakhitah. JazakAllah.

Response: Sorry to confuse you because I economised words: I meant the proper name of Umm Hani (the mother of happiness) is Fakhitah.

2) And regarding the answer regarding Alif laam meem ---- this was not i read, as far as i remember. Allah knows the Best. Did he leave for 734 years even after Prophet ?

Response: This is the problem of Muslims all over the world. We only read one or two books on Islam. Remember what Hamza bin AbdullMutallab said when he accepted Islam, "Muhammad when I hunted in the desert, I knew that Allah cannot be kept in a house!" We have to read books. Now what Huyayy meant was that since all the revelations on the mysterious letters totalled 734 years, that will be the period or life span of Muhammads teaching in the world. Therefore there is no need for one to believe in him. This showed that the abbreviated letters were known to them (in their Aramaic/Hebrew langauage).
3) Why were the residents of Madinah called Al-Ansars by Allah and His Prophet ?

Response: Prophet Isa (Jesus) AS asked according to the Qur'an in chapter 3:52, "Man Ansari Ilal Lah i.e. Who will be my helpers in Allah's cause?" So the world Ansar is originally a Hebrew/Aramaic arabicised to Arabic.  Now because Islam is one system, this time Muhammad did not in reality asked the Madinan tribes for help but for protection according to the two pledges of Aqaba. But it was the tribes of Aws and Khazraj who asked for help (Nasr) from Muhammad Rasulullah to come over to Madina and settle their disputes especially with the Children of Israel. So they were described as Ansar (helpers). Again Muhammad Rasulullah talked to them in their own language, so that they will not have no excuse in not understanidng him. I hope you will rememebr that Propeht Nuh (Noah) also used the world,- Fantasir- Help me O Allah! There is wisdom in Islam for those who want to believe in its inner meaning but not to argue or be arrogant.
Friendship.

Date Posted: 09 January 2009 at 4:35am

As Salamu Alaikum

Jazakallahu Khairan everyone for keeping this thread moving.

Brother Friendship Masha Allah, Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala has blessed you with useful knowledge but to make such a remark is not encouraging.

Quote This is the problem of Muslims all over the world. We only read one or two books on Islam.

We are all students here and coming to share and learn at the same time. One can read a thousand books and still not see the true message of Islam and on the other hand a person who reads just a few books can comprehend the message without any problems.

Quote when the Jewish Rabbi heard that Alif Lam Mim was revealed they were overwhelmed. Huyayy bin Akhtaf the learned of them went to the holy Prophet to confirm of the revelation. He came back to his people and confirmed the revelation. He then told them Alif means 1, Lam is 30, Mim is 40 making 71 years. Are you going to accept a kingdom and community that will last for only 71 years? He continued counting until he reached 734 years.

This is the first time I read about this - what was he counting; whose kingdom it doesn�t make any sense. If he confirmed the revelation, why didn�t they accept Islam.

According to the majority of the Ulema only Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala has knowledge about using these letters at the beginning of some Surah and it testifies to the miracle of the Qur'an.

Since none of us especially in this thread are into comparative studies we should revert to our old system of questions and answers based on authentic sources and secondly to gain maximum benefit one question at a time to should asked and answered properly before another question is asked.

I found it very confusing today reading this thread. Due to other commits I cannot be an active member here like I used to be, but this is a good thread and a great way to broaden our knowledge of Islam.

Insha Allah both Friendship and Seeks are going a good job but somewhat haphazardly.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala reward you for your efforts and reward and bless all of us with Khair both in this world and the next Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net