IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let's Try Part 3  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLet's Try Part 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 40>
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 5:16am

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah Alhamdulillah I did not realize that we were already in part 3, I was wondering why it was so quiet but could not drop by.

The answer is the Jews and  they said that he had a skin disease  because he use to cover himself due to his shyness. So one day when he went to bath Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala caused the rock with his clothes to move and the people saw his nakedness. Sori I don�t have the full Hadith. This is what I remember.

Due to other pressing matters, I will only be visiting IC twice or thrice a month. I will miss you and I am only coming to IC for this thread. For a long time I did not time to read any new post so I am completely out of touch of what�s happening here.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala bless us with useful knowledge and keep our feet firm on the Siratul-Mustaqeem. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2008 at 5:31am
As Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Am sorry for the delay.

JazakiAllahu khayr sisters for your participation.

Sister Alwardah, adding to your answer, here is the hadith

Al-Bukhari recorded in the Book of Hadiths about the Prophets, that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said:

Musa, peace be upon him, was a shy and modest man who would never show anything of his skin because of his shyness. Some of the Children of Israel annoyed him by saying: "He only keeps himself covered because of some defect in his skin, either leprosy or scrotal hernia or some other defect.'' Allah, may He be glorified, wanted to clear Musa, peace be upon him, of what they were saying. One day Musa was alone, so he took off his garment and put it on a rock, then he took a bath. When he had finished, he turned back to pick up his garment, but the rock moved away, taking his garment with it. Musa picked up his stick and chased the rock, saying, "My garment, O rock! My garment, O rock!'' Until he reached a group of the Children of Israel, who saw him naked and found that he was the best of those whom Allah had created. Thus he was cleared of what they had said about him. Then the rock stood still, so he took his garment and put it on. He started hitting the rock with his stick, and by Allah, the marks of that beating were left on the rock, three or four or five. This is what is referred to in the Ayah: "O you who believe! Be not like those who annoyed Musa, but Allah cleared him of that which they alleged, and he was honorable before Allah.

Imam Ahmad recorded that `Abdullah (bin Mas`ud) said: "One day, the Messenger of Allah distributed some booty and a man among the Ansar said, `This division was not done for the sake of Allah.' I said, `O enemy of Allah! I am going to tell the Messenger of Allah what you have said.' So, I told the Prophet about it. His face reddened and he said, "May Allah have mercy on Musa. He was annoyed with worse than this, yet he remained patient"

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2008 at 5:34am

Next Question

Who was the sahaba whose witness was equivalent to two ?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 1:24am
Wow. I'm enjoying this! Questions are getting more challenging and my interest is piqued! :)

I have no clue to the answer, lol, so wont event make an attempt! Hurry up people....I wanna see the answer.

Okay - I cant help it, I'll take a wild guess! Abu Bakr? Cz he was called the Siddeeq ?

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 10:42am
As Salamu Alaikum

I am at a loss to so I will guess it was Ali ibn Abi Talib Radhi Allahu Anhu

Salams
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 9:36pm

Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Its neither Abu Bakr RA, nor Ali RA. It is Khuzaymah bin Thabit RA, whose witness was considered equivalent to two.

There is a hadith that Khuzaymah bin Thabit Al-Ansari narrated which Imam Ahmad collected.

`Umarah bin Khuzaymah Al-Ansari said that his uncle, who was among the Prophet's Companions, told him that the Prophet was making a deal for a horse with a bedouin man. The Prophet asked the bedouin to follow him so that he could pay him the price of the horse. The Prophet went ahead of the bedouin. The bedouin met several men who tried to buy his horse, not knowing if the Prophet was actually determined to buy it. Some people offered more money for the horse than the Prophet had. The bedouin man said to the Prophet , "If you want to buy this horse, then buy it or I will sell it to someone else.'' When he heard the bedouin man's words, the Prophet stood up and said, "Have I not bought that horse from you'' The bedouin said, "By Allah! I have not sold it to you.'' The Prophet said, "Rather, I did buy it from you.'' The people gathered around the Prophet and the Bedouin while they were disputing, and the bedouin said, "Bring forth a witness who testifies that I sold you the horse.'' Meanwhile, the Muslims who came said to the bedouin, "Woe to you! The Prophet only says the truth.'' When Khuzaymah bin Thabit came and heard the dispute between the Prophet and the bedouin who was saying, "Bring forth a witness who testifies that I sold you the horse, '' Khuzaymah said, "I bear witness that you sold him the horse.'' The Prophet said to Khuzaymah, "What is the basis of your testimony'' Khuzaymah said, "That I entrusted you, O Messenger of Allah!'' Therefore, the Messenger made Khuzaymah's testimony equal to the testimony of two men. This was also recorded by Abu Dawud and An-Nasa

Al-Bukhari recorded that Zayd bin Thabit said: "When we wrote down the Mushaf, an Ayah from Surat Al-Ahzab was missing, which I used to hear the Messenger of Allah reciting. I did not find it with anyone except Khuzaymah bin Thabit Al-Ansari, may Allah be pleased with him, whose testimony the Messenger of Allah counted as equal to that of two other men.

Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 9:38pm
Next Question

As the first drop of blood gushes out, a martyr is granted six merits. What are they ?
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 12:43am
AS-salaam alaykum Warahaamtullah Wabarakatuh
We miss having you around sis.Alwardah...& thanks sis.Chrysalis for being regular....and our committed questioner seekshidayath...
Ok,here's my anwer but it's not arranged numerically....

Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said: �The martyr has six merits from Allah: with the first gush of blood his sins are forgiven; he sees his place in paradise; he is saved from grave torture; he is saved from the greatest fear; he wears the costume of Iman; he marries houris, and he intercepts on behalf of seventy of his relatives.� (Sonan of Ibn Majah) The annotator of the Tahawi Belief mentioned that: �Allah orders the earth not to decompose the Prophets� bodies. Some of the martyrs remain intact even after long periods of burial. It is possible they shall remain the same until the Day of Judgement or their bodies shall take longer time to decompose as a tribute for what they did. This may differ from one martyr to another according to the degree of his martyrdom.�
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 40>
  Share Topic