IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Query  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Query

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Query
    Posted: 27 October 2008 at 6:57am
I asked this before. Has anyone heard of this man or his translation of the Qu'ran ? It looks interesting. Just wondering if he is 'orthodox' ? Anyone ?

Moderator Note: The link was deleted as per the forum rules. The group doesn't represent Islam; they are non-Muslims by consensus of Islamic scholars due to their violation in the fundamental tenets of Islam. Please avoid posting anything related to them in the future.

Edited by peacemaker - 27 October 2008 at 10:37am
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 10:23am
No he is not. I believe the best English translation of The Holy Quran is the Yusuf Ali version with commentary.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 10:49am
Sorry.  The Islamic 'scholars' of course are infallible. 

That's all I need to know. Thanks.

Seems there are 'too many questions' afterall Shasta.  Some you just don't ask according to the all knowing, all wise 'scholars'.

Edited by Gulliver - 27 October 2008 at 10:51am
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 10:57am
Here are some links where you can find the translation of the Qur'an:

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 12:41pm
Thank  you peacemaker.

You have a job maintaining peace on a religious forum :-)

A question for anyone. Muslims and Christians seem to believe in God, and that the role of humanity is to submit to the greatest good for themselves and each other, which is the Greatest Good - the will of God ?

IF that is true. How do we know what God's will is and how do we submit ?

Simply if poss :-)
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Gulliver Gulliver wrote:

Sorry.  The Islamic 'scholars' of course are infallible. 

That's all I need to know. Thanks.

Seems there are 'too many questions' afterall Shasta.  Some you just don't ask according to the all knowing, all wise 'scholars'.

It isn't a question of too many questions. The Forum guidelines prohibit the posting of these types of links. Nothing personal.

When you are first learning about Islam you will find the internet is full of questionable websites and sources. It is better to avoid them as they only cause confusion. Rather like learning Christianity with the Branch Davidians as your main source of info.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 27 October 2008 at 7:33pm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 2:50am
Point taken.  I just read the intro to his Qu'ran interpretation and thought it very interesting. I am not the most 'orthodox' anyway Shasta. I was told my a very traditional Catholic once. "You will not serve". I was practically accused of being a satanist, like satan himself for not 'obey'ing what the learned of the Church had said to be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We'll see.  I suppose I have 'issues' with authority ;-) lol
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 4:57am
Just my 2cents about ur comment 'all wise' scholars... Muslims dont just 'blindly' believe in scholars - atleast, they're not supposed to, so tht they dont get mislead.

These scholars dont merely give edicts or thier 'opinions' - unlike the Pope or other such absolute figures in other religions. They are supposed to use proof and substantiate thier opinions with the Quran or Hadith - only then is thier word taken into account.

Also, a 'consensus' of scholars is even safer - since a number of scholars have researched the concept and come to the same conclusion... thus eliminating errors or chances of misinterpretation and such.

Just wanted to clarify the position of Scholars in Islam - since I get the implication that u probably dislike religious 'figures' of any religion...

Regards,
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic