IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Query  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Query

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 2:41am
Seeks I am sorry if my comments re Deedat offended you.

But I was enraged listening to his drivel on that youtube about people with AIDS. I have worked with such people and that man, Deedat, as far as I am concerned, is an utter, complete, total ignorant hypocrite, and a bigot, and if he were still alive I'd tell it to his face.

May God forgive him.

I hope the last 8/9 years of his life taught him more compassion, when he was brought to a place of utter dependence on the care of others, being afflicted with his own physical suffering.

I doubt, unless he was a heartless 'b'td' - that had he had to be with the suffering and dying in such a way, he'd have said those things. But typical 'ivory tower' - 'scholarly' b'sh''ters' - never had to wash a sick person's ass in their lives and have not right to speak on certain matters.

I was heartily disgusted with that man yesterday. Truly.

Edited by Gulliver - 31 October 2008 at 2:46am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 2:49am
If Jesus had believed that people afflicted with any kind of sickness, illness etc, were suffering 'God's punishment' - a "horrible filthy disease" - Jesus would not have set out to heal those people from those diseases and counteracted the supposed 'god's will' that they were being punished.  

Dunno what Muhammad's views, beliefs were on such matters. 
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 11:34pm
You did not name that video Gulliver. I would like to listen it. Kindly share it here at this thread. If you have other questions, you can post them here

And Gulliver, you must be knowing this prophet - Ayub [Job], why did he suffer from diseases ? What does bible say about this ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 3:21am
Seems there are 'too many questions' afterall Shasta.  Some you just don't ask according to the all knowing, all wise 'scholars'.

Unfortunately, nada like that at all.
It's just a bit like we have in Ireland and also in most of Europe, to safeguard aganist counterfeits. Los numero dos goods, pirated DVDs, Videos, brand name hand bags, designer T-shirts and all of that!

We have safeguards against all such things. You are taken out and thrown in jail for promoting, possesing these?

We do the same to anyone promoting numero dos prof8s (won't give them the joy of being called Prophets!)

Edited by Whisper - 01 November 2008 at 3:22am
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 3:30am
I would love to see Muslims and Christians coming together more and realising they have the same God, and share prayer etc.

What an absolutely beautiful thought!
It has been in practice far longer than we are allowed to know.

Hola! Gulliver, just a Lilliputian here.
The Muslims, the Christians and los Judeos (jews) were like fingers of one fine sensitive creative hand for say a good ten centuries. They created two of the finest civilisations - el-Andalus and the Ottoman Turkey. These both were created and also run by these Three almost like a joingt venture. 

And, then, some pot bellied, bald or balding, bored and at once impotent Whitehall chaps decided to set our great old Churchill's dream - Divide and rule the Middle East! into practice.

In fact the Special Services started long before poor Churchill (el Warmongero) was even born - around 1832 soon after the Greek wars. They stand divided simply because the secular London and New York Bankers can not afford to let their Finacial centres slip in to Beirut and Tel Aviv and Riyadh.

Try and work out why was such beautiful Lebanon destroyed? Soon after those Arabs started to place their funds in Beirut banks? What was the first one? Intra Bank if I remember correctly?  

Edited by Whisper - 01 November 2008 at 3:40am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 3:08am
What an absolutely beautiful thought!
It has been in practice far longer than we are allowed to know.

It's true too Whisper. And who'd stop us ? Priests, popes, minsters, imams - scholars ?

A few months ago I was sitting somewhere and the tele was on. There was a movie about the life of Mother Theresa. She works in this school - teaching. And then she is on a train one day, and offered to sit in a certain compartment - separate from the other human beings on the train. She refuses. She sees this man in the street reaching out to her looking assistance, and in that she sees  Christ - Christ in each and every human being. One day she is working with the poor. Can't remember all of it. But there are Muslims, Hindus and Christians at their 'temple's. And something is said to her about this. And she says, "we all pray to the same God anyway."  The same God who made us all and loves us all. How very true. We can spend so much time, waste so much time on irrelevances - that we have not time left to love our neighbour or God. Even here in Ireland, not that long ago really - Catholic and Protestants we not supposed to share their faith experiences - worship God together - go into each other's churches. It was insane. Maybe one day we will all grow up.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 10:56am
It's true too Whisper. And who'd stop us ? Priests, popes, minsters, imams - scholars ?

No one stops them or resists and contact between any faiths with the exception of State! And, the state, in almost 65% of global human mass, in these past couple of centuries was controlled from those cold, dark Whitehall corridors, you know who wanted all such divisions.

Yaar, just for a moment try and work out what they had done to the Irish in their own backyard and you will be able to see what they did elsewhere, clearly. But, please, don't leak these Whispers to my frined Minuteman, he thinks that the world never had anything better than the British Rule!

I have lead mass at Lahore Cathedral when we set up a society, at the uni, with my Christian brothers. Specially this family of faiths has much more for sharing than otherwise.

Edited by Whisper - 05 November 2008 at 11:00am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 4:50pm
"Specially this family of faiths has much more for sharing than otherwise."

I am behind you all the way on this one. :-)

I know all about their 'rule'. Pulled out of our beds at 5 in the morning when kids, lined up, body searched and questioned - suspected 'terrorists'. Holy God. When I think on it now - it's like it all happened to someone else. Where I grew up - all Catholics were suspected 'terrorists' and treated as such. So I can relate to Muslims who are treated that way. Best not get into that Whisper ;-)

Edited by Gulliver - 05 November 2008 at 5:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic