IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Query  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Query

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 2:15pm
Who was/is Ahmed Deedat ?

I watched a VERY disturbing youtube video with this man tonight, and I am wondering how he is viewed in Islam ?

Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 2:25pm

Yes Chrys. I  have a real problem trusting any of 'em. It's me, not them. 

It is general to all religions. Well those I have looked at briefly - the 'main ones'.  Christianity and a little of Islam to date. I don't know that I will ever be able to reconcile again with religion. There are too many triggers that set me off. It's not 'Irish temper'.  Something about religion gets me really angry at times, and I am still in process of trying to understand what/why.

I have very seriously considered, am considering leaving all of if behind me. Do what I did for years - believe in God and forget all the 'religion'. It doesn't give me the peace I am looking for. 

A friend of mine said to me last night, "Religion is for those afraid of hell. Sprirituality is for those who've already been there and don't want to go back."  Much truth in it. Religion was the cause of my 'going to hell' and I don't want to go back there. So I really don't think I will be able to stay 'with religion'.  I only came back cause I was looking to share with others again - a community of faith/believers.  Maybe I need to look elsewhere for that and that is not anything against Islam or Christianity itself. Just me - and the journey I made and must finish.

Religion is the only thing that seems to be able to get me 'angry'.  LOL

It's not really funny though. Maybe one day again Chrys  - Inch Allah.  I really don't know at this stage.

But I won't lose my faith in God. If that were going to happen it would have happened a long time ago. So....   there you go :-)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Gulliver Gulliver wrote:

Who was/is Ahmed Deedat ?

I watched a VERY disturbing youtube video with this man tonight, and I am wondering how he is viewed in Islam ?

Hi Gulliver,

Which of his videos did you watch ? And can u share us the points you felt disturbing in his videos  ?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 4:01am
Him making derogatory and 'humorous' remarks about people with, and dying from AIDS. You reap what you sow. And it looks like he did.

It's putting it mildly to say he was/is ignorant and a bigot.
Not remotely interested in anything he said Seeks.

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 7:34am
King of mis-information!!
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 9:22am

I see you fell for the bait.  You know who you are, and so do I :-)
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 2:34am

Edited by Gulliver - 17 April 2009 at 1:59am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 2:35am
I would love to see Muslims and Christians coming together more and realising they have the same God, and share prayer etc.  But that's just me. Maybe I am being naieve. I don't think so. Just needs an open mind and willing heart.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic