IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Behind The Bible Fraud  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behind The Bible Fraud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:35pm
This thread is winding down, AhmadJoyia. We are debating semantics in
someone else's thread.

I say let's put it away for now and pick it up again later. This subject comes
up every two weeks, so it shouldn't be too long
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:10am
Oh, I see. Ok, as your wish.
hazeshawn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazeshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 7:20pm
Trying to decipher the bible is like trying to decipher an M.Night Shaloman movie. They're both fictitious!
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 6:16am
The bible today is essentially the same as is the time of the Prophet
Muhummad. Several translations have been made drawn from the original
Aramaic.
Jazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by hazeshawn hazeshawn wrote:

Trying to decipher the bible is like trying to decipher an M.Night Shaloman movie. They're both fictitious!

Hi Hazeshawn,

Have you ever studied the New Testament, particularly the Gospels and what Jesus was reported to have said?

I think there is a very profound and distinct guidance in what Jesus had to say and it doesn't rely on any miracles or divinity that may be claimed on the part of "Christian" zealots.

One may discard all the claims of divinity about Jesus and still find essentially the same guidance, unaltered from it's true meaning.

Would you like to discuss and decipher the reported sayings attributed to Jesus?

To clarify my position, I am not a member of any religion and I do prefer to believe in a creative principle and principal.
Jazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by hazeshawn hazeshawn wrote:

Considering your positive assertoin that "bible" is fictitious (Gospels too?)........you are now in a position to prove your claim.........can you do this?...........otherwise it is merely an opinion.

What criterion do you use to determine what is fictitious and what is not?..........then we may apply this criterion to other texts that are claimed to not be fictitious.

Please proceed.

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 11:07am

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

The bible today is essentially the same as is the time of the Prophet
Muhummad. Several translations have been made drawn from the original
Aramaic.

Dear Bro DavidC, which Bible are you talking about when you say  "Several translations have been made drawn from the original
Aramaic". Secondly, do you have any evidence to assert this?

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 3:12pm
Here is a good starting page for bible translations in English.

Wikipedia

The Jerusalem Bible looks like it is the closest to the Bible
known and recommended by the Prophet Muhummad, but I am not a
scholar.

Edited by DavidC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic