Print Page | Close Window

Behind The Bible Fraud

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1297
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 11:47pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Behind The Bible Fraud
Posted By: mohamed
Subject: Behind The Bible Fraud
Date Posted: 25 June 2005 at 4:34pm
Here is an article by Robert Adams that examines how the Bible has been maliciously altered and  interpolated thru the centuries. In the process the original teachings of the truly great prophet was lost for ever.

http://rense.com/general66/hide.htm

Replies:
Posted By: Jazz
Date Posted: 14 July 2005 at 3:32am

Hi Mohamed,

Which Bible are you refering to?

Both the Old Testament and the Gospels?

Who can truly say which books have or have not been altered?

Here is an extract from Gospels attributed to Jesus, do you think this has been altered?

Do you think it is sound advice and good guidance?

Quote:

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing. But inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
By their fruit you will recognize them.
Do people pick grapes from thorn-bushes, or figs from thistles?"

Posted By: DavidC
Date Posted: 14 July 2005 at 4:21am
We Christians have never held that the bible is as direct a communication as
you Muslims hold the Qu'ran. Rather we believe that the multiple
translations help expand the meaning and the number of people who can
benefit from it.

I believe the Prophet Muhummad held the Torah, Injeel and Psalms to be
important spiritual works. These were collected into the Bible about 300
years before the birth of Muhummad. As Muhummad was not literate, this
information must have come directly from Gabriel.

Of course Muslims do not hold the bible as scripture, but rejecting the bible
adds *nothing* to the Qu'ran. Why not treat it as Muhummad did - as a
valuable document but not a perfect life guide as is your wonderful Qu'ran?

-------------
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.

Posted By: AhmadJoyia
Date Posted: 14 July 2005 at 12:08pm
My dear bro DavidC, will all the due respect to your beliefs, what do you think about St. Paul's claim when you say "We Christians have never held that the bible is as direct a communication as you Muslims hold the Qu'ran" Didn't he claim a direct communication with divine Jesus as opposed to earthly Jesus?

Date Posted: 14 July 2005 at 12:12pm

Originally posted by Jazz Jazz wrote:

Hi Mohamed,

Which Bible are you refering to?

Both the Old Testament and the Gospels?

Who can truly say which books have or have not been altered?

Here is an extract from Gospels attributed to Jesus, do you think this has been altered?

Do you think it is sound advice and good guidance?

Quote:

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing. But inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
By their fruit you will recognize them.
Do people pick grapes from thorn-bushes, or figs from thistles?"

Excellant quote from Bible, my bro Jazz, this is really excellant. Now compare for yourself as what Jesus taught in his life time (one may recall his famous sermon of the Mount) and what St. Paul taught later on? You shall find the truth. Inshallah.

Date Posted: 14 July 2005 at 1:40pm
Hi Ahmad!

I am not familiar with your citation, but here is an explanation from the
Catholic Church which is more generalizable to all Christianity than my
personal notions:

True or False: The Bible is to be understood literally.

False. Para. 110: "In order to discover the sacred authors' intention, the
reader must take into account the conditions of their time and culture,
the literary genres in use at that time, and the modes of feeling,
speaking, and narrating then current. �For the fact is that truth is
differently presented and expressed in the various types of historical
writing, in prophetical and poetical texts, and in other forms of literary
expression (DV 12�2)."

Note that in reading the bible we Christians are to attempt to discover the
author's intentions, hence differences in translations and exegesis. The
Qu'ran does not demand this additional level of interpretation.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 July 2005 at 1:57pm

Hi bro DavidC,

I am specifically refering to St. Paul's claim of apostleship through direct communication with divine Jesus in his vision and hence the vast majority of his writtings in NT. Is this not opposite to what you say ""We Christians have never held that the bible is as direct a communication as you Muslims hold the Qu'ran". I hope I have made myself clear!

Date Posted: 14 July 2005 at 4:44pm
Chapter and verse, Ahmad. I'm not sure what you are referring to.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 9:08am
Bro DavidC, I thought Paul's conversion or as what he says "revelation" on the way to damascus is quite famous and popular event among Christians. Nevertheless, kindly see Acts 9:1-22 and then onward, all his actions are purported to be under the influence of "Holy Spirit". Is this not a direct form of divine communication, that the NT is asking people to believe in?

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 10:38am
Ok. Remember I am not a scholar but just a Christian trying to learn.

The communication between Jesus and Saul was indeed direct (as
described). However, the author of the book of Acts was merely retelling the
story. Was it Saul writing in third person or another author relating Saul's
testimony?

I have no idea.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 12:15pm
My Bro DavidC, questioning the authorship of NT books is indeed an interesting topic. Hope you shall observe it more closely and then decide on whom one may put his faith? Should we consider the authors of gospel of "Mathew", "Mark", "Luke" or "the fourth" to have written their records under the influence of "Holy Spirit", as many Christians so believe, to put our faith on these books? Or St. Paul's epistles are sufficient for this faith? 

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 1:00pm
The simple answer is none of the above.

Most Christians are convinced in much the way the author of Acts
describes the conversion of Saul. We are suddenly in the grace of God,
and see how God extends beyond human logic.

I have seen Muslims here describe similar similar experiences. One may
be raised in an Islamic tradition, yet suddenly God descends and makes
the faith rooted solidly in the heart. Past belief, which was once believed
to be the pinnacle of experience, instantly pales in comparison to
revelation.

A farmer must prepare his fields, and our sacred texts tell us how to
prepare our souls, but the spark of life must come from above. What is it
that makes the seed sprout? I don't think there is a scientist alive that
can directly address this question.

The faith of Christians is not bound to books. Many Christians are as
illiterate as Muhummad. If something disagrees with scripture it is wrong
- but scripture does not circumscribe truth, which is known in it's entirety
only to God.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 1:47pm

Brother DavidC, I see your views much based on faith avoiding facts. This is often known as 'blind faith'. Closing the eyes from the facts may never remove the fact as fact is truth. Without the author, there is no difference between myth and fact. Even though fact has many other tests to pass, but the very first step is the authorship. But here I see my Christian brothers consider it worthless. If the books are not very important for them, then why so much hue and cry about their preservation, their canonization, their revision after revision, and their translation into different languages etc etc. All this without a purpose? I don't think so. In fact, they are the only root source of faith that one has in his life time. Of course only Prophets can claim to have divine revelation and hence become the source of material for these books and hence bear their authorship. But I see you claiming to have revelations for all most all the Christian people by faith. So do you intend to say that God is revealing to all individuals the same way as revealed to the Prophets? This would indeed be a big surprise for me.

Secondly, illiteracy doesn't imply illogical. It just mean one could get to traditional way of reading and/or writing a spoken language. Hence, even illiterate people are logical in their reasoning as without this human couldn't be differentiated from animals and the life would have been in choas. Isn't it?

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 2:46pm
Ahmad, I am limited here by the orientation of this forum and my own wish
to not disrupt anyone's faith in God or the Qu'ran. At some point, we all
must BELIEVE and not merely ADMIT to the truth of scripture.

No, we are not all prophets. When touched by the divine, most of us so
priviledged are crushed under the weight of humility and are unsuited to the
demands of prophethood.

AhmadJoyia, I feel I communicate better with you than most members here.
Your understanding has benefited me temendously. Can you bring up some
"compare and contrast" examples from the Qu'ran? Perhaps we can open up
this conversation to the other members.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 July 2005 at 3:49pm

Originally posted by mohamed mohamed wrote:

Here is an article by Robert Adams that examines how the Bible has been maliciously altered and  interpolated thru the centuries. In the process the original teachings of the truly great prophet was lost for ever.

Hi Mohamed,

It seems that any book can be altered.

Here is a link to an article which discusses Quran being altered.

http://bible.ca/islam/library/Goldsack/Readings/chap4.htm - http://bible.ca/islam/library/Goldsack/Readings/chap4.htm

Date Posted: 19 July 2005 at 5:55pm

My dear bro DavidC, can you explain a little as what do you mean by

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

............At some point, we all
must BELIEVE and not merely ADMIT to the truth of scripture.

Also, if not all, do you mean there are some among you who are prophets when you say "No, we are not all prophets."?

Quote ... Can you bring up some "compare and contrast" examples from the Qu'ran? Perhaps we can open up this conversation to the other members.
I really don't understand as what is needed to be compared and contrasted with? Do you mean what Quran tell us about Jesus as compared with what Bible says or what? Kindly be specific. Thanks.

Date Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:35pm
This thread is winding down, AhmadJoyia. We are debating semantics in
someone else's thread.

I say let's put it away for now and pick it up again later. This subject comes
up every two weeks, so it shouldn't be too long

-------------

Date Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:10am
Oh, I see. Ok, as your wish.

Posted By: hazeshawn
Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 7:20pm
Trying to decipher the bible is like trying to decipher an M.Night Shaloman movie. They're both fictitious!

-------------
To Hell With Terrorism! (I don't believe in the "made up Hell that's in the fiction books, but rather an Island in the Cayman Islands)

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 6:16am
The bible today is essentially the same as is the time of the Prophet
Muhummad. Several translations have been made drawn from the original
Aramaic.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by hazeshawn hazeshawn wrote:

Trying to decipher the bible is like trying to decipher an M.Night Shaloman movie. They're both fictitious!

Hi Hazeshawn,

Have you ever studied the New Testament, particularly the Gospels and what Jesus was reported to have said?

I think there is a very profound and distinct guidance in what Jesus had to say and it doesn't rely on any miracles or divinity that may be claimed on the part of "Christian" zealots.

One may discard all the claims of divinity about Jesus and still find essentially the same guidance, unaltered from it's true meaning.

Would you like to discuss and decipher the reported sayings attributed to Jesus?

To clarify my position, I am not a member of any religion and I do prefer to believe in a creative principle and principal.

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 3:07pm

Considering your positive assertoin that "bible" is fictitious (Gospels too?)........you are now in a position to prove your claim.........can you do this?...........otherwise it is merely an opinion.

What criterion do you use to determine what is fictitious and what is not?..........then we may apply this criterion to other texts that are claimed to not be fictitious.

Please proceed.

Date Posted: 31 July 2005 at 11:07am

The bible today is essentially the same as is the time of the Prophet
Muhummad. Several translations have been made drawn from the original
Aramaic.

Dear Bro DavidC, which Bible are you talking about when you say  "Several translations have been made drawn from the original
Aramaic". Secondly, do you have any evidence to assert this?

Date Posted: 31 July 2005 at 3:12pm
Here is a good starting page for bible translations in English.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_English_Bible_translations -
Wikipedia

The Jerusalem Bible looks like it is the closest to the Bible
known and recommended by the Prophet Muhummad, but I am not a
scholar.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 July 2005 at 5:57pm

My question specifically is regards to "which Bible" are you referring to? The "OT" or "NT" etc as both have different origins as regards to their languages, beside the startling differences between Jews' Hebrew Bible and Christians' OT?

Secondly, the reference you gave, explicitly shows that though Hebrew may had been the language of people of Jereuslam, but for almost 8 centuries prior to the advent of Jesus, Aramaic became the lingua franca of the region. However, none of the books of NT claim to have Aramaic origin? 

Date Posted: 01 August 2005 at 8:43am
I imagine you are right, AhmadJoyia. Again, I'm not a scholar.

My point was:

A) The Christian bible, OT & NT, was known to the Prophet Muhummad.
B) That a very similar translation is available today if one cares to look for it.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 August 2005 at 2:50am

My point was:

This is supported by sahih ahadith.

al-Bukari

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sbk/ - http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sbk/

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sbk/sahihalbukhari.cfm?scn=dspbookfull&BookID=1 - No. 3 - Narrated 'Aisha:
(the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the
Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read.

The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."

Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation reporting the speech of the Prophet "While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel who had visited me at the cave of Hira' sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got afraid of him and came back home and said, 'Wrap me (in blankets).' And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of Quran):

'O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!' Arise and warn (the people against Allah's Punishment),... up to 'and desert the idols.' (74.1-5) After this the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly."
---------------------------------------------------------- --

al-Bukari

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sbk/sahihalbukhari.cfm?scn=dspbookfull&BookID=56 - No. 3372 - Narrated Anas:

There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surat-al-Baqara and Al-Imran, and he used to write (the revelations) for the Prophet. Later on he returned to christianity again and he used to say: "Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him." Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is the act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away from them." They again dug the grave deeply for him, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is an act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them." They dug the grave for him as deep as they could, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. So they believed that what had befallen him was not done by human beings and had to leave him thrown (on the ground).
---------------------------------------------------------- -------

sahih al-Bukari

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sbk/sahihalbukhari.cfm?scn=dspbookfull&BookID=7 - No. 341 - Narrated 'Imran:

Once we were traveling with the Prophet and we carried on traveling till the last part of the night and then we (halted at a place) and slept (deeply). There is nothing sweeter than sleep for a traveler in the last part of the night. So it was only the heat of the sun that made us to wake up and the first to wake up was so and so, then so and so and then so and so (the narrator 'Auf said that Abu Raja' had told him their names but he had forgotten them) and the fourth person to wake up was 'Umar bin Al-Khattab. And whenever the Prophet used to sleep, nobody would wake up him till he himself used to get up as we did not know what was happening (being revealed) to him in his sleep. So, 'Umar got up and saw the condition of the people, and he was a strict man, so he said, "Allahu Akbar" and raised his voice with Takbir, and kept on saying loudly till the Prophet got up because of it. When he got up, the people informed him about what had happened to them. He said, "There is no harm (or it will not be harmful). Depart!" So they departed from that place, and after covering some distance the Prophet stopped and asked for some water to perform the ablution. So he performed the ablution and the call for the prayer was pronounced and he led the people in prayer. After he finished from the prayer, he saw a man sitting aloof who had not prayed with the people. He asked, "O so and so! What has prevented you from praying with us?" He replied, "I am Junub and there is no water. " The Prophet said, "Perform Tayammum with (clean) earth and that is sufficient for you."

Then the Prophet proceeded on and the people complained to him of thirst. Thereupon he got down and called a person (the narrator 'Auf added that Abu Raja' had named him but he had forgotten) and 'Ali, and ordered them to go and bring water. So they went in search of water and met a woman who was sitting on her camel between two bags of water. They asked, "Where can we find water?" She replied, "I was there (at the place of water) this hour yesterday and my people are behind me." They requested her to accompany them. She asked, "Where?" They said, "To Allah's Apostle ." She said, "Do you mean the man who is called the Sabi, (with a new religion)?" They replied, "Yes, the same person. So come along." They brought her to the Prophet and narrated the whole story. He said, "Help her to dismount." The Prophet asked for a pot, then he opened the mouths of the bags and poured some water into the pot. Then he closed the big openings of the bags and opened the small ones and the people were called upon to drink and water their animals. So they all watered their animals and they (too) all quenched their thirst and also gave water to others and last of all the Prophet gave a pot full of water to the person who was Junub and told him to pour it over his body. The woman was standing and watching all that which they were doing with her water. By Allah, when her water bags were returned the looked like as if they were more full (of water) than they had been before (Miracle of Allah's Apostle) Then the Prophet ordered us to collect something for her; so dates, flour and Sawiq were collected which amounted to a good meal that was put in a piece of cloth. She was helped to ride on her camel and that cloth full of food-stuff was also placed in front of her and then the Prophet said to her, "We have not taken your water but Allah has given water to us." She returned home late. Her relatives asked her: "O so and so what has delayed you?" She said, "A strange thing! Two men met me and took me to the man who is called the Sabi' and he did such and such a thing. By Allah, he is either the greatest magician between this and this (gesturing with her index and middle fingers raising them towards the sky indicating the heaven and the earth) or he is Allah's true Apostle."

Afterwards the Muslims used to attack the pagans around her abode but never touched her village. One day she said to her people, "I think that these people leave you purposely. Have you got any inclination to Islam?" They obeyed her and all of them embraced Islam.

Abu 'Abdultah said: The word Saba'a means "The one who has deserted his old religion and embraced a new religion." Abul 'Ailya said, "The Sabis are a sect of people of the Scripture who recite the Book of psalms."

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sbk/sahihalbukhari.cfm?scn=dspbookfull&BookID=56 -

Posted By: hazeshawn
Date Posted: 02 August 2005 at 8:53am

Considering your positive assertoin that "bible" is fictitious (Gospels too?)........you are now in a position to prove your claim.........can you do this?...........otherwise it is merely an opinion.

What criterion do you use to determine what is fictitious and what is not?..........then we may apply this criterion to other texts that are claimed to not be fictitious.

Please proceed.

When was the last time your "God" spoke to anyone? When was the last time you saw someone part a sea or walk on water? It's ficticious as hell is. When will you religious freaks wake up?

-------------
To Hell With Terrorism! (I don't believe in the "made up Hell that's in the fiction books, but rather an Island in the Cayman Islands)

Date Posted: 03 August 2005 at 4:28am

Please proceed.

When was the last time your "God" spoke to anyone? When was the last time you saw someone part a sea or walk on water? It's ficticious as hell is. When will you religious freaks wake up?

That's all OT stuff.

I am referring to guidances and advice that was atrubuted to Jesus, references are to be found in Gospels, not Old Testament stories, which Jesus actually "rebelled" against, all in the light of God (he called "The Father") but not in a name, nor a religion.

It appears that Jesus was, anti-religion.......he never sought to establish any rule through religion or to form any ritualistic, group-worship organization.

I don't think Jesus even called himself a prophet or divine, nor did he claim his mother had a virgin conception, yet if one studies closely the guidance he shared, one may see there is more to it all than the "miracles" and claims of divinity that in my opinion, actually distract from the true guidance and lead to division.

I strongly believe that if one is seeking a true, clear guidance for humanity, in respect of creation, then one need to go no further than the guidance of Jesus or whoever it was that said the things attributed to him...............Jesus didn't deliberately invent or start "christianity" or any religions!

Date Posted: 03 August 2005 at 11:49am

My point was:

B) That a very similar translation is available today if one cares to look for it.

Dear Bro DavidC, though I do agree that both Jewish and Christians scriptures were prevalent at that time and place of Prophet Mohammad, but given the fact that there were so many of them (both canonical as well as non-canonical) , I really don't know which of them were actually being used by the Christians of that land. Also, though one thing is for certain that concept of "Trinity" was in vogue among them and it is this concept that is specifically adressed in Quran, yet there were many Christians who didn't associate any divinity with the Prophet Jesus e.g. the ebonites or as Bro Jazz has pointed out for chritians like "Warqa bin Naufal" etc. Therefore, one can't construe that Bible at that time was of any ubiquitous nature.

Date Posted: 03 August 2005 at 1:30pm
Certainly, when dealing with ancient literature much is unclear.

To go back to the thread author's allegation of "bible fraud", I think this is
unsupported. Others have claimed the Qu'ran is a "fraud" - also an
unsupported and even more absurd conclusion.

The history of the bible is not entirely certain, some changes have taken
place, and there are some contradictions. This does not add up to fraud or
make it less reliable than other commonly accepted ancient documents.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:57am
Bro DavidC, without making any biased opinion about any scriptural books, what do you say about the canonization of NT Bible? Was this not a purely human conjecture based upon the orientation of the people involved in the process? Secondly, when I have to trust someone's teachings to put my faith on him, I must know him without ambiguity. Isn't it? Can we put the same kind of trust and hence faith on the books in NT with dubious authorships?

Date Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:03pm
The amount of "purely human conjecture" involved in the NT canonization,
in my judgement, is less than the amount involved in the canonization of
hadith literature in Islam.

Christians have no "weak" or "strong" evaluations of NT, and there are no
Christians who reject the NT outright as Shias do the hadith.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:06pm

All due respect for your judgement, but it may be pointed out that though ahadith literature doesn't stand at par with Quran, simply because of its human authorships, its acceptance is based on scientific methodology of verification and hence authentication. Dubious authorship is one of the foremost indication for declaring any such writting as "Weak" and therefore unreliable and hence unworthy of any consideration. No faith based arguments can be accepted for such work. Matter of outright rejection of hadith from Shias is more of a faith based than secientific reasoning, hence don't consider it worth a problem at all. On the more, Yes, there are some serious objection by them, that do need serious consideration of thoughts; but again, they also bring in the logical arguments to make their case and not merely the faith based. 

On the other hand, in the case of NT, we don't have such a thing known as logical argumentation. Nearly everything is based upon faith. Though you say there is no such thing as "weak" or "strong" evalutions of NT in Christianity, yet each and every church have its own interpretation of the same Bible, depending upon whom you ask to. I guess it all depends upon which verse of the Bible one likes it more over the others and hence have the relative "strong" over "weak" verses in their doctrinal differences among themselves that too, all based upon faith alone.

Yet another level of difficulty, other than dubious authorship, arises from the fact that the teachings of Prohet Jesus in original language have been permanently lost. Hence everything we have in Bible is again an interpretation of someone who translated it or who related it from that source in another language.

Posted By: angela mcbride
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 4:58am

I think you guys may be interested in http://www.freewebs.com/holygrail/ - www.freewebs.com/holygrail/

Maybe Jesus did manage to leave us an untouchable message after all.

-------------
ANGE(LAMcB)RIDE

Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by angela mcbride angela mcbride wrote:

I think you guys may be interested in http://www.freewebs.com/holygrail/ - www.freewebs.com/holygrail/

O my goodness!! Yet another christian denomination or what? What is this holygrail has to do with Bible or Jesus? No clue as what this site is upto. Kindly explain it yourself than refering to un-ending website like this.

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:10am

The holy grail would seem to be the scroll with seven seals Book roll of the lamb, as predicterd in revelations. It has been buried for millenia in the Lord's Prayer and I have the code.It could also arguably be the arc of the covenant, omega code,rod of measure.

I have accepted the Randi Foundation supernatural challenge by offering to open it for him. For the challenge acceptance he requires preliminary proof which the web site (challenge acceptance) already contains(Home page-chapter "what will I do for the prliminaries").

I've said a little more about it on the new members introduction page.

IF anyone here is interested in this, I would like to talk to them. Then I will begin a new topic for it, or not.

-------------
ANGE(LAMcB)RIDE

Posted By: Deus
Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 11:01am
I have interest in your holy grail, but I don't want to divert from the topic of this thread. But I'm wondering whose holy grail are you talking about? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_grail - The grail of the Celts? The grail of the Fisher King? Or the grail of King Arthur?

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 12:44pm

would seem to be all of the above and my "theory" is that something similar may be possible with the Islamic oral tradition and thought some of you (who dare) may like to try it. I would be delighted if it turned out to be true.I can't imagine God placing it in only a Christian English text and anyway I'm a palistinian at heart.

I've added a visual representation of the scroll to my site today,again http://www.freewebs.com/holygrail/ - www.freewebs.com/holygrail/   the code refers to a locatin in England in "grail country" (a geographical miiddel point between stone henge avebury and glastonbury - the so called magic triangle (for lay line freaks) and crop circle country

-------------
ANGE(LAMcB)RIDE

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 3:33am

This code  is a message which brings all of the above together. It's a message refering to the celtic godess asking me a celtic person to go to her territory. It is coded in grail symbols (arthurian & bloodline) and the spiral which it forms is also among other religions a celtic symbol.

The Christian connection is the Lord's prayer.

No one knows what the grail actually is but this code has EVERYTHING to do with it.

I've added visuals to my site making it way easier to understand.

-------------
ANGE(LAMcB)RIDE

Posted By: pauline35
Date Posted: 07 April 2007 at 6:29am
Great! Oh! GOD, help me to decide.

Posted By: robin
Date Posted: 08 June 2008 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by mohamed mohamed wrote:

It cannot be lost for ever, as the Great Prophet Jesus said:-

John 8:32
and YOU will know the truth,. . .

John 17:17
Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

So how can what the Prophet said not be true?

Can humans stop God from letting the truth be know of what Jesus said; is man stronger than God so sa to stop him doing so??

Date Posted: 15 August 2008 at 5:52am
Originally posted by angela mcbride angela mcbride wrote:

The above must be true because the prophet Jesus said:-

John 17:17
Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 17 August 2008 at 9:39pm

robin,  Jesus care of John said:

So, we have now known the truth that bible has been altered as mentioned with proofs in the above posts. Jesus said "You will know the Truth."

So the truth has come out. Please believe that the bible has been severely worked on in the past and even today that editing of bible is going on at high speed.

Specially, your version with Yehovas, how long have you had that? Could you tell me if that version of bible was in circulation 200 years ago?

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Posted By: believer
Date Posted: 19 August 2008 at 7:01am
John 8

31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

51I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

-------------
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Date Posted: 19 August 2008 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

John 8

31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

51I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

believer, the above verses are true. Jesus was right when he said to the Jews " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." 

That is perfectly right.

The next verse is also true, i.e.  I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death..

Very good. We believe what Jesus said and it is true. It means that any one who will listen to Jesus and will follow him will not die, that is the spiritual death.  That man will live for ever. That is well understood. But please tell me if I am wrong. Thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 August 2008 at 2:59pm
minuteman your statement that is false is -

So, we have now known the truth that bible has been altered as mentioned with proofs in the above posts. Jesus said "You will know the Truth."

So the truth has come out. Please believe that the bible has been severely worked on in the past and even today that editing of bible is going on at high speed.

Specially, your version with Yehovas, how long have you had that? Could you tell me if that version of bible was in circulation 200 years ago?

-------------
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Date Posted: 20 August 2008 at 11:51pm

believer, you have not replied to the post which was for you. Instead, you have come back with a post which was meant for robin.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 August 2008 at 6:19am
oops, sorry!!

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 01 September 2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

robin,  Jesus care of John said:

One example is the King James Bible of 1611, some 397 years ago

Exo 6:3
And I appeared vnto Abraham, vnto Isaac, and vnto Iacob, by the Name of God Almighty, but by my name IEHOVAH was I not knowen to them.

Isa 12:2
Behold, God is my saluation: I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord IEHOVAH is my strength and my song, he also is become my saluation.

Isa 26:4
Trust ye in the Lord for euer: for in the Lord Iehouah is euerlasting strength.

Psa 83:18
That men may knowe, that thou, whose name alone is IEHOVAH: art the most High ouer all the earth.

"IEHOVAH" is the Latin form of "Jehovah"

Date Posted: 03 September 2008 at 4:53am

robin youhave posted a few lines from exodus as follows:

And I appeared vnto Abraham, vnto Isaac, and vnto Iacob, by the Name of God Almighty, but by my name IEHOVAH was I not knowen to them.

So this tells us that the real name of God was not known to Abraham and Issac and jacob. Why was that? It is funny is it not? This name yehova was first made known to which man? and why? Did God change His name on the way like he did with Abram and Sarai? There must have been a major change in God to have changed his name because we have seen that practice in case of Abram and sarai too.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 September 2008 at 1:52pm

So this tells us that the real name of God was not known to Abraham and Issac and jacob. Why was that? It is funny is it not? This name yehova was first made known to which man? and why? Did God change His name on the way like he did with Abram and Sarai? There must have been a major change in God to have changed his name because we have seen that practice in case of Abram and sarai too.

In harmony with this, Jehovah could later say to Moses: "I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty [be�El� Shad�dai�], but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them." (Ex 6:3)   This could not mean that the name Jehovah was unknown to these patriarchs, since it was frequently used by them as well as by others before them. (Ge 4:1, 26; 14:22; 27:27; 28:16)   In fact, in the book of Genesis, which relates the lives of the patriarchs, the word "Almighty" occurs only 6 times, whereas the personal name Jehovah was written 172 times in the original Hebrew text.    Yet, while these patriarchs had come to appreciate by personal experience God�s right to and qualifications for the title of "the Almighty One," they had not had opportunity to appreciate the full meaning and implications of his personal name, Jehovah.    In this regard, The Illustrated Bible Dictionary (Vol. 1, p. 572) comments: "The former revelation, to the Patriarchs, concerned promises belonging to a distant future; it supposed that they should be assured that He, Yahweh (or Jehovah), was such a God (�el) as was competent (one possible meaning of sadday) to fulfill them.    The revelation at the bush was greater and more intimate, God�s power and immediate and continuing presence with them being all wrapped up in the familiar name of Yahweh (or Jehovah)."�Edited by J. D. Douglas, 1980.

Date Posted: 06 September 2008 at 3:03pm

One example is the King James Bible of 1611, some 397 years ago.*

*Further to the above we have Geneva Bible 1587 where God�s personal name, Iehovah (Jehovah) appeared some 421 years ago:-

Gen 22:14

And Abraham called the name of that place, Iehouah-ijreh. as it is said this day, In the mount will the Lord be seene.

And I appeared vnto Abraha, to Izhak, & to Iaakob by the Name of Almightie God: but by my Name Iehouah was I not knowen vnto the.

Exo 15:3

The Lord is a man of warre, his Name is Iehouah.

Exo 17:15

(And Moses builte an altar and called the name of it, Iehouah-nissi)

Exo 23:17

These three times in the yeere shall all thy men children appeare before the Lord Iehouah.

Exo 34:23

Thrise in a yere shal all your men children appeare before the Lorde Iehouah God of Israel.

Jdg 6:24

Then Gideon made an altar there vnto the Lord, and called it, Iehouah shalom: vnto this day it is in Ophrah, of the father of the Ezrites.

Psa 83:18

That they may knowe that thou, which art called Iehouah, art alone, euen the most High ouer all the earth.

Date Posted: 09 September 2008 at 7:03am

The Illustrated Bible Dictionary (Vol. 1, p. 572) comments: "The former revelation, to the Patriarchs, concerned promises belonging to a distant future; it supposed that they should be assured that He, Yahweh, was such a God (�el) as was competent (one possible meaning of sadday) to fulfill them. The revelation at the bush was greater and more intimate, God�s power and immediate and continuing presence with them being all wrapped up in the familiar name of Yahweh."�Edited by J. D. Douglas, 1980.

Posted By: Nazarene
Date Posted: 16 September 2008 at 7:35am

This list is meant to identify possible or know inconsistencies in the King James Version of the New Testament. These problems are especially inherent in a literalist or fundamentalist interpretation of the Gospels.

Some of the selections may be resolvable on certain interpretations and may be eliminated with suitable rationalizations or explanations. It is the student's obligation to test this possibility using academic disciplines and analysis.

To help students in this task, this list is aimed at presenting examples where problems may exist given certain allowable but not always obligatory assumptions.  

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Zechariah+11:12-13 - ZE 11:12-13 Mentions "thirty pieces" and could possibly be thought to be connected with the Potter's Field prophesy referred to in Matthew.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:9 - MT 27:9 Jeremiah is given as the source of the prophesy regarding the purchase of the Potter's Field. (Note: There is no such prophesy in Jeremiah.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+1:6-7 - MT 1:6-7 The lineage of Jesus is traced through David's son, Solomon.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+3:23-31 - LK 3:23-31 It is traced through David's son, Nathan.
(Note: Some apologists assert that Luke traces the lineage through Mary. That this is untrue is obvious from the context since Luke and Matthew both clearly state that Joseph was Jesus' father.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+1:16 - MT 1:16 Jacob was Joseph's father.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+3:23 - LK 3:23 Heli was Joseph's father.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+1:17 - MT 1:17 There were twenty-eight generations from David to Jesus.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+3:23-38 - LK 3:23-38 There were forty-three.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+1:18-21 - MT 1:18-21 The Annunciation occurred after Mary had conceived Jesus.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+1:26-31 - LK 1:26-31 It occurred before conception.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+1:20 - MT 1:20 The angel spoke to Joseph.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+1:28 - LK 1:28 The angel spoke to Mary.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+1:20-23 - MT 1:20-23 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+1:26-33 - LK 1:26-33 An angel announces to Joseph and/or Mary that the child (Jesus) will be "great," the "son of the Most High," etc., and ....
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+3:13-17 - MT 3:13-17 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+1:9-11 - MK 1:9-11 The baptism of Jesus is accompanied by the most extraordinary happenings, yet ....
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+3:21 - MK 3:21 Jesus' own relatives (or friends) attempt to constrain him, thinking that he might be out of his mind, and ....
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+6:4-6 - MK 6:4-6 Jesus says that a prophet is without honor in his own house (which certainly should not have been the case considering the Annunciation and the Baptism).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+1:23 - MT 1:23 He will be called Emmanuel (or Immanuel).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+1:25 - MT 1:25 Instead, he was called Jesus.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+2:13-16 - MT 2:13-16 Following the birth of Jesus, Joseph and Mary flee to Egypt, (where they stay until after Herod's death) in order to avoid the murder of their firstborn by Herod. Herod slaughters all male infants two years old and under. (Note: John the Baptist, Jesus' cousin, though under two is somehow spared without fleeing to Egypt.)
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+2:22-40 - LK 2:22-40 Following the birth of Jesus, Joseph and Mary remain in the area of Jerusalem for the Presentation (about forty days) and then return to Nazareth without ever going to Egypt. There is no slaughter of the infants.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+3:11-14 - MT 3:11-14 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+1:31-34 - JN 1:31-34 John realized the true identity of Jesus (as the Messiah) either prior to the actual Baptism, or from the Baptism onward. The very purpose of John's baptism was to reveal Jesus to Israel.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+11:2-3 - MT 11:2-3 After the Baptism, John sends his disciples to ask if Jesus is the Messiah.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+3:12 - MT 3:12 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+13:42 - 13:42 Hell is a furnace of fire (and must therefore be light).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+8:12 - MT 8:12 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+22:13 - 22:13 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+25:30 - 25:30 Hell is an "outer darkness" (and therefore dark).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+3:16 - MT 3:16 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+1:10 - MK 1:10 It was Jesus who saw the Spirit descending.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+1:32 - JN 1:32 It was John who saw the Spirit descending.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+3:17 - MT 3:17 The heavenly voice addressed the crowd: "This is my beloved Son."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+1:11 - MK 1:11 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+3:22 - LK 3:22 The voice addressed Jesus: "You are my beloved Son...."

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+4:1-11 - MT 4:1-11 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+1:12-13 - MK 1:12-13 Immediately following his Baptism, Jesus spent forty days in the wilderness resisting temptation by the Devil.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+2:1-11 - JN 2:1-11 Three days after the Baptism, Jesus was at the wedding in Cana.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+4:5-8 - MT 4:5-8 The Devil took Jesus to the pinnacle of the temple, then to the mountain top.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+4:5-9 - LK 4:5-9 First to the mountain top, then to the pinnacle of the temple.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+4:18-20 - MT 4:18-20 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+1:16-18 - MK 1:16-18 (One story about choosing Peter as a disciple.)
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+5:2-11 - LK 5:2-11 (A different story.)
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+1:35-42 - JN 1:35-42 (Still another story.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:1 - MT 5:1 - http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:29 - 7:29 Jesus delivers his most noteworthy sermon while on the mount.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+6:17-49 - LK 6:17-49 Jesus delivers his most noteworthy sermon while on the plain. (Note: No such sermons are mentioned in either http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark - MK or http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John - JN and Paul seems totally unfamiliar with either the sermon on the mount or the sermon on the plain.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:16 - MT 5:16 Good works should be seen.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+6:1-4 - MT 6:1-4 They should be kept secret.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:17-19 - MT 5:17-19 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+16:17 - LK 16:17 Jesus underscores the permanence of the law.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Leviticus+10:8 - LE 10:8 - http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Leviticus+11:47 - 11:47 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Deuteronomy+14:3-21 - DT 14:3-21 The law distinguishes between clean and unclean foods.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+7:14-15 - MK 7:14-15 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+7:18-19 - MK 7:18-19 Jesus says that there is no such distinction.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Timothy+4:1-4 - TI 4:1-4 All foods are clean according to Paul.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:17-19 - MT 5:17-19 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+16:17 - LK 16:17 Jesus did not come to abolish the law.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Ephesians+2:13-15 - EP 2:13-15 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Hebrews+7:18-19 - HE 7:18-19 Jesus did abolish the law.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:22 - MT 5:22 Anyone who calls another a fool is liable to Hell.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:26 - MT 7:26 Jesus says that anyone who hears his words and does not do them is a fool. (Note: The translation now prevalent, "like a foolish man," in http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:26 - MT 7:26 is a dishonest attempt to alleviate the obvious inconsistency here in that the oldest Greek manuscripts use the same Greek word translated "fool" in http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:22 - MT 5:22 and "like a foolish man" in http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:26 - MT 7:26 .)
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+: - MT 23:17-19 Jesus twice calls the Pharisees blind fools.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+25:2 - MT 25:2 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+25:3-8 - 3, 8 Jesus likens the maidens who took no oil to fools. (Note: Again, this is the same Greek word translated "fool" in http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:22 - MT 5:22 and http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+23:17-19 - MT 23:17-19 .)
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Corinthians+1:23 - 1CO 1:23 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Corinthians+3:18 - 3:18 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Corinthians+4:10 - 4:10 Paul uses fool with regard to Christians becoming fools for Christ. (Note: Again, this is the same Greek word translated "fool" in http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:22 - MT 5:22 and http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:22 - MT 23:17-19 .)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:22 - MT 5:22 Anger by itself is a sin.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Ephesians+4:26 - EP 4:26 Anger is not necessarily a sin.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:22 - MT 5:22 Anger by itself is a sin.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+11:22-24 - MT 11:22-24 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+10:13-15 - LK 10:13-15 Jesus curses the inhabitants of several cities who are not sufficiently impressed with his mighty works.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+21:19 - MT 21:19 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+11:12-14 - MK 11:12-14 Jesus curses a fig tree when it fails to bear fruit out of season.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+3:5 - MK 3:5 Jesus looks around "angrily."

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:32 - MT 5:32 Divorce, except on the grounds of unchastity, is wrong.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+10:11-12 - MK 10:11-12 Divorce on any grounds is wrong.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:39 - MT 5:39 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:44 - MT 5:44 Jesus says: "Do not resist evil. Love your enemies."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+6:15 - MT 6:15 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+12:34 - 12:34 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+16:3 - 16:3 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+22:18 - 22:18 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+23:13-15 - 23:13-15 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+23:17-33 - 17, 19, 27, 29, 33 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+7:6 - MK 7:6 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+11:40 - LK 11:40 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+11:44 - 44 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+12:56 - 12:56 Jesus repeatedly hurls epithets at his opponents.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:39 - MT 5:39 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:44 - MT 5:44 Do not resist evil. Love your enemies.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+19:27 - LK 19:27 God is likened to one who destroys his enemies.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:39 - MT 5:39 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:44 - MT 5:44 Do not resist evil. Love your enemies.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+1:9-11 - JN 1:9-11 Shun anyone who does not hold the proper doctrine.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:43-44 - MT 5:43-44 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+22:39 - MT 22:39 Love your enemies. Love your neighbor as yourself.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+10:5 - MT 10:5 Go nowhere among the Gentiles nor enter a Samaritan town.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:45 - MT 5:45 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:21 - 7:21 God resides in heaven.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+13:32 - MK 13:32 The angels reside in heaven
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+7:55 - AC 7:55 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Hebrews+12:2 - HE 12:2 Jesus is at the right hand of God, in heaven.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Peter+1:3-4 - 1PE 1:3-4 Believers will inherit eternal life in heaven.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+24:35 - MT 24:35 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+13:31 - MK 13:31 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+21:33 - LK 21:33 Heaven will pass away.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+6:13 - MT 6:13 God might lead us into temptation and it is better avoided.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?James+1:2-3 - JA 1:2-3 Temptation is joy.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+6:13 - MT 6:13 Jesus' prayer implies that God might lead us into temptation.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?James+1:13 - JA 1:13 God tempts no one.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+6:25-34 - MT 6:25-34 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+12:22-31 - LK 12:22-31 Take no thought for tomorrow. God will take care of you.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Timothy+5:8 - TI 5:8 A man who does not provide for his family is worse than an infidel. (Note: Providing for a family certainly involves taking "thought for tomorrow.")

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:1-2 - MT 7:1-2 Do not judge.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:15-20 - MT 7:15-20 Instructions for judging a false prophet.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:7-8 - MT 7:7-8 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+11:9-10 - LK 11:9-10 Ask and it will be given. Seek and you will find.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+13:24 - LK 13:24 Many will try to enter the Kingdom but will be unable.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:21 - MT 7:21 Not everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+2:21 - AC 2:21 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+10:13 - RO 10:13 Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+2:39 - AC 2:39 Those God calls to himself will be saved.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+7:21 - MT 7:21 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+10:36-37 - LK 10:36-37 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+2:6 - RO 2:6 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+2:13 - 13 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?James+2:24 - JA 2:24 We are justified by works, not by faith.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+3:16 - JN 3:16 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+3:20-26 - RO 3:20-26 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Ephesians+2:8-9 - EP 2:8-9 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Galatians+2:16 - GA 2:16 We are justified by faith, not by works.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+8:5-12 - MT 8:5-12 The centurion himself approaches Jesus to ask to heal his servant.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+7:2-10 - LK 7:2-10 The centurion sends elders to do the asking.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+8:16 - MT 8:16 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+4:40 - LK 4:40 Jesus healed all that were sick.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+1:32-34 - MK 1:32-34 Jesus healed many (but not all).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+8:28-33 - MT 8:28-33 Two demoniacs are healed in the Gadarene swine incident.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+5:2-16 - MK 5:2-16 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+8:26-36 - LK 8:26-36 One demoniac is healed in this incident.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+9:18 - MT 9:18 The ruler's daughter was already dead when Jesus raised her.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+8:42 - LK 8:42 She was dying, but not dead.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+10:1-8 - MT 10:1-8 Jesus gives his disciples the power to exorcise and heal...
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+17:14-16 - MT 17:14-16 (Yet) the disciples are unable to do so.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+10:2 - MT 10:2 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+3:16-19 - MK 3:16-19 The twelve apostles (disciples) were: Simon (Peter), Andrew his brother, James the son of Zebedee, John his brother, Philip, Bartholemew, Thomas, Matthew the tax collector, James the son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus (Labbaeus), Simon, and Judas Iscariot.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+6:13-16 - LK 6:13-16 The above except that Thaddaeus (Labbaeus) is excluded, and Judas the son of James is added (and Judas Iscariot remains).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:13 - AC 1:13 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:26 - 26 Same as http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew - MT and http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark - MK except that, like http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke - LK Thaddaeus (Labbaeus) is excluded, Judas the son of James is included, and Mathias is chosen by the others to replace Judas Iscariot.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+10:2 - MT 10:2, http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+10:5-6 - 5-6 Peter was to be an apostle to the Jews and not go near the Gentiles.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+15:7 - AC 15:7 He was an apostle to the Gentiles.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+10:10 - MT 10:10 Do not take sandals (shoes) or staves.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+6:8-9 - MK 6:8-9 Take sandals (shoes) and staves.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+10:34 - MT 10:34 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+12:49-53 - LK 12:49-53 Jesus has come to bring a sword, fire, and division--not peace.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+16:33 - JN 16:33 Jesus says: "In me you have peace."

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+10:22 - MT 10:22 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+24:13 - 24:13 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+13:13 - MK 13:13 He that endures to the end will be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:16 - MK 16:16 He that believes and is baptized will be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+3:5 - JN 3:5 Only he that is born of water and Spirit will be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+16:31 - AC 16:31 He that believes on the Lord Jesus will be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+2:21 - AC 2:21 He that calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+10:9 - RO 10:9 He who confesses with his mouth "Jesus is Lord" and believes in his heart that God raised him from the dead will be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+John+4:7 - 1JN 4:7 He who loves is born of God (and presumably will be saved.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+10:28 - MT 10:28 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+12:4 - LK 12:4 Jesus says not to fear men. (Fear God only.)
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+12:15-16 - MT 12:15-16 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+7:1-10 - JN 7:1-10 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+8:59 - 8:59 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+10:39 - 10:39 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+11:53-54 - 11:53-54 Jesus hid, escaped, went secretly, etc.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+11:7-15 - MT 11:7-15 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+17:12-13 - 17:12-13 Jesus says that John the Baptist was a prophet, and more.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+1:21 - JN 1:21 John himself says that he is not a prophet, nor is he Elijah.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+11:25 - MT 11:25 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+4:11-12 - MK 4:11-12 Jesus thanks God for hiding some things from the wise while revealing them to "babes." He says that he uses parables so that the meaning of some of his teachings will remain hidden to at least some persons, and specifically so that they will not turn and be forgiven.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+4:22 - MK 4:22 Jesus says that all things should be made known.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+11:29 - MT 11:29 Jesus says that he is gentle (meek) and humble (lowly).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+2:15 - JN 2:15 Jesus makes a whip of cords, drives the money changers from the Temple, overturns their tables, and pours out their coins. (Note: The presence of the money changers in the outer court of the Temple had been authorized by the Temple authorities and was, in fact, a necessity since the Jews would not accept Roman coin for the purchase of sacrifices.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+12:5 - MT 12:5 Jesus says that the law (OT) states that the priests profane the Sabbath but are blameless. (No such statement is found in the OT.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+12:30 - MT 12:30 Jesus says that those who are not with him are against him.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+9:40 - MK 9:40 Jesus says that those who are not against him are for him.
(Note: This puts those who are indifferent or undecided in the "for him" category in the first instance and in the "against him" category in the second instance.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+12:39 - MT 12:39 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+8:12 - MK 8:12 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+11:29 - LK 11:29 Jesus says that he will give no "sign."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+3:2 - JN 3:2 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:30 - 20:30 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+2:22 - AC 2:22 Jesus proceeds to give many such "signs."

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+13:34 - MT 13:34 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+4:34 - MK 4:34 Jesus addresses the crowds only in parables, so that they would not fully understand. He explains the meaning only to his disciples.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+1:1 - JN 1:1 - http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+21:25 - 21:25 (Throughout the book of John, unlike the other Gospels, Jesus addresses the crowds in a very straightforward manner. He does not employ parables.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+13:58 - MT 13:58 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+6:5 - MK 6:5 In spite of his faith, Jesus is not able to perform mighty miracles.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+17:20 - MT 17:20 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+19:26 - 19:26 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+9:23 - MK 9:23 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+10:27 - 10:27 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+17:6 - LK 17:6 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+18:27 - 18:27 Jesus says that anything is possible to him who believes if he has the faith of a grain of mustard seed. All things are possible with God. A mountain can be commanded to move and it will move.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+5:37 - MT 5:37 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+15:19 - 15:19 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+7:22 - MK 7:22 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+8:14 - JN 8:14 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+8:44 - 44 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+14:6 - 14:6 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:27 - 18:37 Jesus says that you should answer a plain "yes" or "no," that his purpose is to bear witness to the truth, and that his testimony is true. He equates lying with evil.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+7:2-10 - JN 7:2-10 Jesus tells his brothers that he is not going to Jerusalem for the Feast of the Tabernacles, then later goes secretly by himself. (Note: The words "not yet" were added to some versions at http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+7:8 - JN 7:8 in order to alleviate this problem. The context at http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+7:10 - JN 7:10 makes the deception clear, however.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+16:6 - MT 16:6 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+16:11 - 11 Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+8:15 - MK 8:15 Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Herod.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+16:18 - MT 16:18 Jesus founds his church on Peter and will give him the keys of the kingdom.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+16:23 - MT 16:23 Jesus calls Peter [a] "Satan" and "a hindrance," and accuses him of being on the side of men rather than that of God.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+16:18 - MT 16:18 Jesus founds his church on Peter and will give him the keys of the kingdom.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+15:1-21 - AC 15:1-21 James presides over the first Council of Jerusalem and formulates the decree regarding the accepting of Gentiles which is sent to the other churches. (Note: Tradition has it that James was appointed as the first Bishop or Pope, not Peter.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+17:1-2 - MT 17:1-2 The Transfiguration occurs six days after Jesus foretells his suffering.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+9:28-29 - LK 9:28-29 It takes place about eight days afterwards.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+20:20-21 - MT 20:20-21 The mother of James and John asks Jesus a favor for her sons.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+10:35-37 - MK 10:35-37 They ask for themselves.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+20:23 - MT 20:23 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+10:40 - MK 10:40 Jesus responds that it is not his to give.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:18 - MT 28:18 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+3:35 - JN 3:35 All authority has been given to Jesus.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+20:29-34 - MT 20:29-34 Jesus heals two blind men on the way to Jericho.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+10:46-52 - MK 10:46-52 He heals one blind man.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+21:1-17 - MT 21:1-17 The sequence was: triumphal entry, cleansing of the temple, Bethany.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+11:1-19 - MK 11:1-19 Triumphal entry, cleansing of the temple.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+19:28-48 - LK 19:28-48 Triumphal entry, cleansing of the temple, daily teaching in the temple.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:1-18 - JN 12:1-18 Cleansing of the temple (early in his career), Supper with Lazarus, triumphal entry, no cleansing of the temple following the triumphal entry.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+21:2-6 - MT 21:2-6 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+11:2-7 - MK 11:2-7 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+19:30-35 - LK 19:30-35 The disciples follow Jesus instructions and bring him the animal (or animals, in the case of http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew - MT ).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:14 - JN 12:14 Jesus finds the animal himself.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+21:7 - MT 21:7 Jesus rides two animals during his triumphal entry.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+11:7 - MK 11:7 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+19:35 - LK 19:35 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:14 - JN 12:14 Only one animal is involved.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+21:12-13 - MT 21:12-13 The cleansing of the temple occurs at the end of Jesus' career.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+2:13-16 - JN 2:13-16 It occurs near the beginning of his career.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+21:19-20 - MT 21:19-20 The fig tree withers immediately after being cursed by Jesus. The disciples notice and are amazed.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+11:13-14 - MK 11:13-14 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+11:20-21 - 20-21 The disciples first notice that the tree has withered the day following.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+23:35 - MT 23:35 Jesus says that Zacharias (Zechariah) was the son of Barachias (Barachiah).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Chronicles+24:20 - 2CH 24:20 Zacharias was actually the son of Jehoida, the priest.
(Note: The name Barachias, or Barachiah, does not appear in the O.T.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+24:29-33 - MT 24:29-33 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+13:24-29 - MK 13:24-29 The coming of the kingdom will be accompanied by signs and miracles.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+17:20-21 - LK 17:20-21 It will not be accompanied by signs and miracles. It is already within.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+25:34 - MT 25:34 Heaven was prepared before the Ascension of Jesus.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+14:2-3 - JN 14:2-3 It was prepared after the Ascension of Jesus.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:6-13 - MT 26:6-13 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:3 - MK 14:3 The anointing of Jeus takes place in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+7:36-38 - LK 7:36-38 It takes place at the house of a Pharisee in Galilee.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:7 - MT 26:7 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:3 - MK 14:3 The oil is poured on Jesus' head.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+7:38 - LK 7:38 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:3 - JN 12:3 On his feet.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:7 - MT 26:7 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:3 - MK 14:3 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+7:37 - LK 7:37 An unnamed woman does the anointing.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:3 - JN 12:3 It is Mary.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:6-8 - MT 28:6-8 The women ran from the tomb "with great joy."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:1-2 - JN 20:1-2 Mary told Peter and the other disciple that the body had been stolen. (Would she feel "great joy" if she thought the body had been stolen?)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:8 - MT 26:8 The disciples reproach her.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:4 - MK 14:4 "Some" reproach her.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:4-5 - JN 12:4-5 Judas Iscariot reproaches her.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:14-25 - MT 26:14-25 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:10-11 - MK 14:10-11 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:3-23 - LK 22:3-23 Judas made his bargain with the chief priests before the meal.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+13:21-30 - JN 13:21-30 After the meal.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:20-29 - MT 26:20-29 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:17-28 - MK 14:17-28 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+13:21-30 - JN 13:21-30 Jesus forecasts his betrayal prior to the communion portion of the supper.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:14-23 - LK 22:14-23 After the communion portion.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:26-29 - MT 26:26-29 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:22-25 - MK 14:22-25 The order of the communion was: bread, then wine.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:17-20 - LK 22:17-20 It was: wine, then bread.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:34 - MT 26:34 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:34 - LK 22:34 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+13:38 - JN 13:38 Peter was to deny Jesus before the cock crowed.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:30 - MK 14:30 Before the cock crowed twice.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:66-72 - MK 14:66-72 The cock crows after both the first and second denials.
(Note: These discrepancies have been "translated out" in some Bible versions.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:40-45 - MT 26:40-45 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:37-41 - MK 14:37-41 The disciples fall asleep three times.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:45 - LK 22:45 One time.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:49-50 - MT 26:49-50 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:44-46 - MK 14:44-46 Jesus is betrayed by Judas with a kiss, then seized.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:47-48 - LK 22:47-48 Jesus anticipates Judas' kiss. No actual kiss is mentioned.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:2-9 - JN 18:2-9 Jesus voluntarily steps forward to identify himself making it completely unnecessary for Judas to point him out. No kiss is mentioned.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:51 - MT 26:51 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:47 - MK 14:47 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:10 - JN 18:10 The ear of a slave is cut off and left that way.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:50-51 - LK 22:50-51 The severed ear is miraculously healed by Jesus.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+37:63 - MT 26:52 Dispose of swords. All who take the sword will perish by it.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:36-38 - LK 22:36-38 Buy swords.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:57 - MT 26:57 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:53 - MK 14:53 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:54 - LK 22:54 After his arrest Jesus is first taken to Caiphas, the high priest.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:13-24 - JN 18:13-24 First to Annas, the son-in-law of Caiphas, then to Caiphas.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:18-20 - MT 26:18-20 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:57-68 - 57-68 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:1-2 - 27:1-2 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:16-18 - MK 14:16-18 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:53-72 - 53-72 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:1 - 15:1 Jesus' initial hearing was at night on Passover. In the morning he was taken to Pilate.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:13-15 - LK 22:13-15 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:54-66 - 54-66 The initial hearing took place in the morning on Passover.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:28 - JN 18:28 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:14 - 19:14 It took place the day before Passover, on the Day of Preparation.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:59-66 - MT 26:59-66 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:55-64 - MK 14:55-64 Jesus was tried by the entire Sanhedrin (the chief priests and the whole council).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:66-71 - LK 22:66-71 There was no trial but merely an inquiry held by the Sanhedrin.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:13-24 - JN 18:13-24 There was no appearance before the Sanhedrin, only the private hearings before Annas and then Caiphas.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:63 - MT 26:63 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:70 - LK 22:70 The high priest asks Jesus if he is the Son of God.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:61 - MK 14:61 He asks Jesus if he is the Son of the Blessed.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:64 - MT 26:64 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:70 - LK 22:70 Jesus answers: "You have said so," or words to this effect.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:62 - MK 14:62 He answers directly: "I am."

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:69-70 - MT 26:69-70 Peter makes his first denial to a maid and "them all."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:66-68 - MK 14:66-68 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:56-57 - LK 22:56-57 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:17 - JN 18:17 It was to one maid only.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:71-72 - MT 26:71-72 Peter's second denial is to still another maid.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:69-70 - MK 14:69-70 (Apparently) to the same maid.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:58 - LK 22:58 To a man, not a maid.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:25 - JN 18:25 To more than one, "they."

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:73-74 - MT 26:73-74 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:70-71 - MK 14:70-71 Peter's third denial is to bystanders (two or more).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:59-60 - LK 22:59-60 To "another" (one).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:26-27 - JN 18:26-27 To one of the servants.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+26:74 - MT 26:74 The cock crowed once.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+14:72 - MK 14:72 The cock crowed twice.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:3-7 - MT 27:3-7 The chief priests bought the field.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:16-19 - AC 1:16-19 Judas bought the field.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:5 - MT 27:5 Judas threw down the pieces of silver, then departed.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:18 - AC 1:18 He used the coins to buy the field.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:5 - MT 27:5 Judas hanged himself.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:18 - AC 1:18 He fell headlong, burst open, and his bowels gushed out.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:11 - MT 27:11 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:2 - MK 15:2 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:3 - LK 23:3 When asked if he is King of the Jews, Jesus answers: "You have said so," (or "Thou sayest").
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:33-34 - JN 18:33-34 He answers: "Do you say this of your own accord?"

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:11-14 - MT 27:11-14 Jesus answers not a single charge at his hearing before Pilate.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:33-37 - JN 18:33-37 Jesus answers all charges at his hearing before Pilate.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:20 - MT 27:20 The chief priests and elders are responsible for persuading the people to ask for the release of Barabbas.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:11 - MK 15:11 Only the chief priests are responsible.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:18-23 - LK 23:18-23 The people ask, apparently having decided for themselves.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:28 - MT 27:28 Jesus is given a scarlet robe (a sign of infamy).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:17 - MK 15:17 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:2 - JN 19:2 A purple robe (a sign of royalty).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:32 - MT 27:32 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:21 - MK 15:21 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:26 - LK 23:26 Simon of Cyrene carries Jesus' cross.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:17 - JN 19:17 Jesus carries his own cross with no help from anyone.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:37 - MT 27:37 The inscription on the cross read: "This is Jesus the King of the Jews."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:26 - MK 15:26 "The King of the Jews."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:38 - LK 23:38 "This is the King of the Jews."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:19 - JN 19:19 "Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews."

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:44 - MT 27:44 Both of those who are crucified with Jesus taunt him.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:39-42 - LK 23:39-42 Only one taunts Jesus, and he is rebuked by the other for doing so.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:46 - MT 27:46 Jesus asks God, the Father, why he has been forsaken.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+10:30 - JN 10:30 Jesus says that he and the Father are one.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:46-50 - MT 27:46-50 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:34-37 - MK 15:34-37 Jesus' last recorded words are: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:46 - LK 23:46 "Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:30 - JN 19:30 "It is finished." (Note: Even though both http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew - MT and http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark - MK represent direct quotes and are translated similarly, the actual Greek words used for God are different. http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew - MT uses "Eli" and http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark - MK uses "Eloi.")

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:48 - MT 27:48 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:36 - LK 23:36 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:29 - JN 19:29 Jesus was offered vinegar to drink.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:23 - MK 15:23 It was wine and myrrh, and he did not drink it.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:29-30 - JN 19:29-30 Whatever it was, he did drink it.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:54 - MT 27:54 The centurion says: "Truly this was the son of God."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:39 - MK 15:39 He says: "Truly this man was the son of God!"
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:47 - LK 23:47 He says: "Truly this man was innocent" (or "righteous").

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:55 - MT 27:55 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:40 - MK 15:40 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:49 - LK 23:49 The women looked on from afar.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:25-26 - JN 19:25-26 They were near enough that Jesus could speak to his mother.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+27:62-66 - MT 27:62-66 A guard was placed at the tomb (the day following the burial).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:42 - MK 15:42 - http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:8 - 16:8 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:50-56 - LK 23:50-56 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:38-42 - JN 19:38-42 (No guard is mentioned. This is important since rumor had it that Jesus' body was stolen and the Resurrection feigned.)
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:1-3 - MK 16:1-3 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:1 - LK 24:1 (There could not have been a guard, as far as the women were concerned, since they were planning to enter the tomb with spices. Though the women were aware of the stone, they were obviously unaware of a guard.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+24:9 - MT 24:9 Even some of the disciples of Jesus will be killed.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+8:51 - JN 8:51 If anyone keeps Jesus' words, he will never see death.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Hebrews+9:27 - HE 9:27 [All] men die once, then judgement follows.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:1 - MT 28:1 The first visitors to the tomb were Mary Magdalene and the other Mary (two).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:1 - MK 16:1 Both of the above plus Salome (three).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:55 - LK 23:55 - http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:1 - 24:1 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:10 - 24:10 Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and "other women" (at least five).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:1 - JN 20:1 Mary Magdalene only (one).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:1 - MT 28:1 It was toward dawn when they arrived.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:2 - MK 16:2 It was after sunrise.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:1 - LK 24:1 It was at early dawn.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:1 - JN 20:1 It was still dark.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:1-2 - MT 28:1-2 The stone was still in place when they arrived. It was rolled away later.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:4 - MK 16:4 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:2 - LK 24:2 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:1 - JN 20:1 The stone had already been rolled (or taken) away.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:2 - MT 28:2 An angel arrived during an earthquake, rolled back the stone, then sat on it (outside the tomb).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:5 - MK 16:5 No earthquake, only one young man sitting inside the tomb.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:2-4 - LK 24:2-4 No earthquake. Two men suddenly appear standing inside the tomb.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:12 - JN 20:12 No earthquake. Two angels are sitting inside the tomb.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:8 - MT 28:8 The visitors ran to tell the disciples.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:8 - MK 16:8 They said nothing to anyone.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:9 - LK 24:9 They told the eleven and all the rest.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:10-11 - JN 20:10-11 The disciples returned home. Mary remained outside, weeping.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:8-9 - MT 28:8-9 Jesus' first Resurrection appearance was fairly near the tomb.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:13-15 - LK 24:13-15 It was in the vicinity of Emmaus (seven miles from Jerusalem).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:13-14 - JN 20:13-14 It was right at the tomb.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:9 - MT 28:9 On his first appearance to them, Jesus lets Mary Magdalene and the other Mary hold him by his feet.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:17 - JN 20:17 On his first appearance to Mary, Jesus forbids her to touch him since he has not yet ascended to the Father.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:27 - JN 20:27 A week later, although he has not yet ascended to the Father, Jesus tells Thomas to touch him.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:7-10 - MT 28:7-10 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:16 - MT 28:16 Although some doubted, the initial reaction of those that heard the story was one of belief since they followed the revealed instructions.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:11 - MK 16:11 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:11 - LK 24:11 The initial reaction was one of disbelief. All doubted.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:1-18 - MT 28:1-18 The order of Resurrection appearances was: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary, then the eleven.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:9-14 - MK 16:9-14 It was Mary Magdalene, then two others, then the eleven.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:15-36 - LK 24:15-36 It was two, then Simon (Peter?), then the eleven.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:14 - JN 20:14 - http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+21:1 - 21:1 It was Mary Magdalene, then the disciples without Thomas, then the disciples with Thomas, then the eleven disciples again.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Corinthians+15:5-8 - 1CO 15:5-8 It was Cephas (Peter?), then the "twelve" (which twelve, Judas was dead?), then 500+ brethren (although http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:15 - AC 1:15 says there were only about 120), then James, then all the Apostles, then Paul.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:19 - MT 28:19 Jesus instructs his disciples to baptize.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Corinthians+1:17 - 1CO 1:17 Although he considers himself a disciple of Jesus, Paul says that he has not been sent to baptize.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+1:2 - MK 1:2 Jesus quotes a statement that he says appears in Isaiah. (No such statement appears in Isaiah.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+1:14 - MK 1:14 Jesus began his ministry after the arrest of John the Baptist.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+3:22-24 - JN 3:22-24 Before the arrest of John the Baptist.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+1:23-24 - MK 1:23-24 A demon cries out that Jesus is the Holy One of God.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+4:1-2 - JN 4:1-2 Everyone who confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God. (Note: This would mean that the demon is of God.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+3:29 - MK 3:29 Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+13:39 - AC 13:39 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Colossians+2:13 - CN 2:13 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+John+1:9 - 1JN 1:9 All sins are forgivable.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+4:11-12 - MK 4:11-12 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+11:25 - 11:25 Jesus says that he uses parables so that the meaning of some of his teachings will remain secret to at least some persons. He explains the meanings of the parables only to his disciples. He thanks God for hiding some things from the wise while revealing them to "babes."
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:20 - JN 18:20 Jesus says that he always taught openly, never secretly.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+6:16 - MK 6:16 Herod was the source of the belief that John had been raised from the dead.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+9:7 - LK 9:7 Others were the source. Herod was perplexed by the belief.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+6:52 - MK 6:52 The people were so unimpressed with "the Feeding of the Multitude" that they did not even understand the event.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+6:14-15 - JN 6:14-15 They were so impressed that they tried to force Jesus to be their king.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+6:53 - MK 6:53 After the feeding of the 5000, Jesus and the disciples went to Gennesaret.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+6:17-25 - JN 6:17-25 They went to Capernaum.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+10:19 - MK 10:19 Jesus lists "defraud not" as one of the commandments.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Exodus+20:3-17 - EX 20:3-17 There is no such commandment in the Ten Commandments or elsewhere in the OT)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+15:25 - MK 15:25 It was the third hour when Jesus was crucified.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:14-15 - JN 19:14-15 It was after the sixth hour since Jesus was still before Pilate and had not yet been sentenced at that time.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:1-2 - MK 16:1-2 The women came to the tomb to anoint the body.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:39-40 - JN 19:39-40 The body had already been anointed and wrapped in linen cloth.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:5 - MK 16:5 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:3 - LK 24:3 The women actually entered the tomb.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:1-2 - JN 20:1-2 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:11 - 11 They did not.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+16:14-19 - MK 16:14-19 The Ascension took place (presumably from a room) while the disciples were together seated at a table, probably in or near Jerusalem.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+24:50-51 - LK 24:50-51 It took place outdoors, after supper, at Bethany (near Jerusalem).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:9-12 - AC 1:9-12 It took place outdoors, after 40+ days, at Mt. Olivet.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+28:16-20 - MT 28:16-20 No mention is made of an ascension, but if it took place at all, it must have been from a mountain in Galilee since http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew - MT ends there.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+1:15 - LK 1:15 John the Baptist had the Holy Spirit from before his birth or the birth of Jesus.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+1:41 - LK 1:41 Elizabeth had it long before Jesus went away.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+1:67 - LK 1:67 So did Zechariah.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+2:25 - LK 2:25 So did Simeon.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+11:13 - LK 11:13 It is obtained by prayer (presumably at any time).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+7:39 - JN 7:39 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+16:7 - JN 16:7 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:3-5 - AC 1:3-5 The Holy Spirit cannot come into the world until after Jesus has departed.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+8:12 - LK 8:12 The Devil causes unbelief.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Mark+4:11-12 - MK 4:11-12 Jesus is responsible for unbelief in at least some cases.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Thessalonians+2:11-12 - 2TH 2:11-12 God is ultimately responsible for unbelief in at least some cases.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+14:26 - LK 14:26 No one can be a disciple of Jesus unless he hates his parents, wife, children, brothers and sisters.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+3:15 - JN 3:15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+4:20 - JN 4:20 If anyone claims to love God but hates his brother, he is a liar.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+18:9-14 - LK 18:9-14 Do not boast of your virtue.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+11:20 - RO 11:20 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Peter+5:5 - 1PE 5:5 Do not be proud.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+15:17 - RO 15:17 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Corinthians+1:12 - 2CO 1:12 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Hebrews+3:6 - HE 3:6 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Corinthians+2:14 - 2CO 2:14 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Corinthians+5:12 - 5:12 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Corinthians+11:17 - 11:17 Paul boasts of his faith and says that one should be proud of it.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+22:3-23 - LK 22:3-23 Satan entered Judas before the supper.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+13:27 - JN 13:27 It was during the supper.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:43 - LK 23:43 Jesus promises one of those crucified with him that they will be together, that very day, in Paradise.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:17 - JN 20:17 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:3 - AC 1:3 Jesus was not raised until the third day and did not ascend until at least forty days later.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Luke+23:55-56 - LK 23:55-56 The women followed Joseph to the tomb, saw how the body had been laid, then went to prepare spices with which to annoint the body.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+19:39-40 - JN 19:39-40 Joseph brought spices with him (75 or a 100 lbs.) and annointed the body (as the women should have noticed).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+1:1 - JN 1:1 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+10:30 - 10:30 Jesus and God are one.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+14:28 - JN 14:28 God is greater than Jesus.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+1:1 - JN 1:1 Jesus was God incarnate.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+2:22 - AC 2:22 Jesus was a man approved by God.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+3:17 - JN 3:17 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+8:15 - 8:15 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:47 - 12:47 Jesus does not judge.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+5:22 - JN 5:22 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+5:27-30 - 5:27-30 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+9:39 - 9:39 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+10:42 - AC 10:42 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Corinthians+5:10 - 2CO 5:10 Jesus does judge.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+5:22 - JN 5:22 God does not judge.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+2:2-5 - RO 2:2-5 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+3:19 - 3:19 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Thessalonians+1:5 - 2TH 1:5 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Peter+1:17 - 1PE 1:17 God does judge.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+5:24 - JN 5:24 Believers do not come into judgement.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Matthew+12:36 - MT 12:36 , - , - 2CO 5:10 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Hebrew+9:27 - HE 9:27 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Peter+1:17 - 1PE 1:17 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Jude+1:14-15 - JU 1:14-15 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Revelation+20:12-13 - RE 20:12-13 All persons (including believers) come into judgement.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+5:31 - JN 5:31 Jesus says that if he bears witness to himself, his testimony is not true.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+8:14 - JN 8:14 Jesus says that even if he bears witness to himself, his testimony is true.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+5:38-47 - JN 5:38-47 Men have a choice as to whether or not to receive Jesus.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+6:44 - JN 6:44 No one can come to Jesus unless he is drawn by the Father.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+7:38 - JN 7:38 Jesus quotes a statement that he says appears in scripture (i.e., the OT).
(No such statement is found in the OT.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+10:27-29 - JN 10:27-29 None of Jesus' followers will be lost.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Timothy+4:1 - TI 4:1 Some of them will be lost.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+10:30 - JN 10:30 Jesus and the Father are one, (i.e., equal).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+14:28 - JN 14:28 The Father is greater than Jesus.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:31 - JN 12:31 The Devil is the ruler (or "prince") of this world.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Corinthians+10:26 - 1CO 10:26 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Revelations+1:5 - RE 1:5 Jesus is the ruler of kings--the earth is his.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:32 - JN 12:32 Jesus implies that all persons will be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Timothy+2:3-4 - TI 2:3-4 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Peter+3:9 - 2PE 3:9 God wants all to be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+12:40 - JN 12:40 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+2:21 - AC 2:21 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+2:39 - 2:39 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+9:27 - RO 9:27 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+10:13 - 10:13 Some will not be saved.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Revelation+14:1-4 - RE 14:1-4 Heaven will be inhabited by 144,000 virgin men (only?).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+13:36 - JN 13:36 Peter asks Jesus where he is going.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+14:5 - JN 14:5 Thomas does the same.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+16:5 - JN 16:5 Jesus says that none of them have asked him where he is going.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+17:12 - JN 17:12 Jesus has lost none of his disciples other than Judas.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:9 - JN 18:9 Jesus has lost none, period.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+17:12 - JN 17:12 Mentions a "son of perdition" as appearing in scripture (meaning the OT).
(Note: There is no "son of perdition" mentioned in the OT.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+18:37 - JN 18:37 Jesus came into the world to bear witness to the truth.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+1:18-20 - RO 1:18-20 The truth has always been evident.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:9 - JN 20:9 Jesus quotes a statement that he says appears in scripture (meaning the OT). (No such statement is found in the OT.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+20:22 - JN 20:22 In his first resurrection appearance before the assembled disciples, Jesus gives them the Holy Spirit.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:3-5 - AC 1:3-5 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+2:1-4 - AC 2:1-4 The Holy Spirit was received much later (on Pentecost.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?John+21:25 - JN 21:25 The world probably could not contain the books if all that Jesus did were to be recorded.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+1:1 - AC 1:1 The author of Acts has already written about all that Jesus began to do.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+5:19 - AC 5:19 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+12:6-11 - 12:6-11 The disciples take part in a jailbreak made possible by an angel.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+5:40-42 - AC 5:40-42 The disciples disobey the Council and continue to teach and preach Jesus.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+13:1-4 - RO 13:1-4 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Peter+2:13-15 - 1PE 2:13-15 Obey the laws of men (i.e., government). It is the will of God.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+5:29 - AC 5:29 Obey God, not men.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+13:1-4 - RO 13:1-4 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Peter+2:13-15 - 1PE 2:13-15 Obey the laws of men (i.e., government). It is the will of God.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+9:7 - AC 9:7 Those present at Paul's conversion heard the voice but saw no one.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+22:9 - AC 22:9 They saw a light but did not hear a voice.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+9:7 - AC 9:7 Those present at Paul's conversion stood.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+26:14 - AC 26:14 They fell to the ground.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+9:19-28 - AC 9:19-28 Shortly after his conversion, Paul went to Damascus, then Jerusalem where he was introduced to the Apostles by Barnabas, and there spent some time with them (going in and out among them).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Galatians+1:15-20 - GA 1:15-20 He made the trip three years later, then saw only Peter and James.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+9:23 - AC 9:23 The governor attempted to seize Paul.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Corinthians+11:32 - 2CO 11:32 It was the Jews who tried to seize Paul.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+10:34 - AC 10:34 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+2:11 - RO 2:11 God shows no partiality. He treats all alike.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+9:11-13 - RO 9:11-13 God hated Esau and loved Jacob even before their birth.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+10:34 - AC 10:34 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+2:11 - RO 2:11 God shows no partiality. He treats all alike.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+9:18 - RO 9:18 God has mercy on whoever he chooses, etc.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+16:6 - AC 16:6 The Holy Spirit forbids preaching in Asia.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+19:8-10 - AC 19:8-10 Paul preaches in Asia anyway.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Acts+20:35 - AC 20:35 Quotes Jesus as having said: "It is more blessed to give than to receive." (No such statement of Jesus is found elsewhere in the Bible.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+2:12 - RO 2:12 All who have sinned without the law will perish without the law.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+4:15 - RO 4:15 Where there is no law there is no transgression (sin).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+2:13 - RO 2:13 Doers of the law will be justified.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+3:20 - RO 3:20 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Galatians+3:11 - GA 3:11 They will not be justified.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+2:15 - RO 2:15 The law is written on the heart. Conscience teaches right from wrong.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+John+2:27 - 1JN 2:27 Anointing by Jesus teaches right from wrong.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+4:9 - RO 4:9 Faith was reckoned to Abraham as righteousness.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?James+2:21 - JA 2:21 Abraham was justified by works (which made his faith perfect).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+10:11 - RO 10:11 (An alleged OT quote; no such statement in the OT.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Romans+14:21 - RO 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor anything that might cause your brother to stumble or be offended.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Colossians+2:16 - CN 2:16 Let no one pass judgement on you in matters of food and drink.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Corinthians+7:8-9 - 1CO 7:8-9 Widows should not marry (although it is better to marry than burn).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Timothy+5:14 - TI 5:14 Young widows should marry, bear children, rule the household, etc..

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Corinthians+8:4 - 1CO 8:4 There is only one God.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Corinthians+4:4 - 2CO 4:4 Satan is God of this world (therefore there are at least two gods).

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Corinthians+10:33 - 1CO 10:33 Paul says that he tries to please men (so they might be saved).
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Galatians+1:10 - GA 1:10 Paul says he would not be a servant of Christ if he tried to please men.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Corinthians+12:16 - 2CO 12:16 Paul says that he does use trickery.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Thessalonians+2:3 - 1TH 2:3 Paul says that he does not use trickery.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Galatians+6:2 - GA 6:2 Bear one anothers burdens.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Galatians+6:5 - GA 6:5 Bear your own burden.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Thessalonians+2:2 - 1TH 2:2 God gave Paul the courage to continue his work.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Thessalonians+2:17-18 - 1TH 2:17-18 Satan hindered Paul.
(Note: Who is stronger, Satan or God?)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Timothy+1:15 - TI 1:15 Paul says that he is the foremost of sinners.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+John+3:8-10 - JN 3:8-10 He who commits sin is of the Devil. Children of God do not sin.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Timothy+6:20 - TI 6:20 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Timothy+2:14-16 - 2TI 2:14-16 , http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+Timothy+3:1-7 - 3:1-7 Do not argue with an unbeliever.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?2+John+1:10-11 - 2JN 1:10-11 Anyone who even greets an unbeliever shares his wicked work.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?1+Peter+3:15 - 1PE 3:15 Always be ready to answer any man concerning your faith.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?James+4:5 - JA 4:5 (Quotes an alleged scripture (OT) verse; not found in the OT.)

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Revelation+8:7 - RE 8:7 All of the grass on earth is burned up, and then ...
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Revelation+9:4 - REV 9:4 An army of locusts, which is about to be turned loose on the earth, is instructed not to harm the grass.

-------------
love for all conquers all

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 1:31pm
Hi,
There is no doubt among many Bible scholars and one who study it for knowledge like myself to find fundamantal contradictions in the teachings of what we now know as the 'Bible'. Denying such claims is against logic and truth, but we all are free to believe the way we want.

I have said before, before I read Bible I always thought it to be true and it never occur to me to even think that it has any errors. It was not until I studied it to know it to know my then Christian wife better that I found so many errors in it beyond belief.  It was pointing out those errors on very basic fundamantals of Christian faith that my wife opened up to learn about Islam and eventually became Muslim.
'Three Basics'
Even though there are many contradictions in the Bible, there are three main ones that concern with more than 90% of a person's belief, in my opinion.
God, who and what is God
Jesus, who and what he is, and what not.
Salvation, how it is achieved.
On these three points the Bible as a source is unreliable since it supports opposing views on them all.
Those of you who know their Bible don't have to guess those verses, they know what I am talking about.

Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 24 November 2008 at 7:10am
honeto - if you read and study the Bible with a heart open to the Holy Spirit you will understand all of it and there will be no contradictions!

It has to be open to the Holy Spirit, I don't mean Gabriel here.

God, who and what is God
Jesus, who and what he is, and what not.
Salvation, how it is achieved.

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 24 November 2008 at 7:11am
Remember honeto by you saying this you are disputing your Quran.

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 24 November 2008 at 6:53pm
Come on, we have been there over and over my friend. You want to put cart in front of the horse.
First you must read with a neutral and fair mind, if it does not make sense don't bother getting emotional, leave it and look somewhere else and don't think yuo are without God, as you are never.
Upon reading if it makes sense and does not show inconsistancies, even then you are free to believe it or not.
But it is always after it making sense and proving right that you believe upon then you put your trust in it and built your faith. See the faith comes last.
So my friend that's how we follow steps in Islam. While you and many are told to first close your eyes and built your faith and then find those verses that strengthen it, and find mystry in others.

Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 24 November 2008 at 7:31pm
here's another, as a christain i was taught that you must have "blind faith " to follow jesus. yet jesus taught " when the blind lead the blind both will fall into a hole". so go figure.
love leland

-------------

Date Posted: 26 November 2008 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Nazarene Nazarene wrote:

here's another, as a christain i was taught that you must have "blind faith " to follow jesus. yet jesus taught " when the blind lead the blind both will fall into a hole". so go figure.
love leland

Nazarene,
you nailed it just right. I cannot believe people who would not sign their credit card slip, or a sales contract, or a loan or lease agreement worth a few hundred dollars without going over its contents will be so reluctant to have knowledge about their belief before signing their entire life of the hereafter with only blind faith first.
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2008 at 8:32am
honeto actually the Quran is a good study guide to use in discovering the truth that is the Holy Bible.

Where is blind faith stated in the Bible?

http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/1963 - http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/1963 http://www.faithfacts.org/search-for-truth/questions-of-christians/is-christianity-based-on-blind-faith -

-------------
John 3

Posted By: Mansoor_ali
Date Posted: 29 November 2008 at 1:49pm

honeto actually the Quran is a good study guide to use in discovering the truth that is the Holy Bible.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/1963 - http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/1963 http://www.faithfacts.org/search-for-truth/questions-of-christians/is-christianity-based-on-blind-faith -

Response to believer

I agree with the believer because Quran guides us to discover where the truth is in Bible and where it is not.

Thats why Quran says in Surah 3:3

"...and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).

Date Posted: 29 November 2008 at 4:41pm

....and I wonder why do you depend so much on links and websites. Can you write something from yourself?
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2008 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

....and I wonder my fiend why do you then depend so much on links and websites. Can you write something from yourself?
In my opinion and experience what makes today's Bible reflects in it part God's orginal word, and part men's handy work, just as the Quran confirms.
A hole ridden boat will sink along and not take you across to your sedired destination, specially if you are reluctant to save yourself by jumping out of it my friend, while its still afloat, and lifesaver boat is right next in sight?
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 10 December 2008 at 4:00pm
acording to my christain time, jesus 's ministry is said to have lasted 3 years. thats 3  years of intence teaching .
 why then in the bible all the teachings he gives ( the words in red ) takes about 1 hr. or so to read { matthew } ?? after all that time teaching,this is all that's worth repeating? a 1 hr. lesson. in there years!! crumbs from the masters table i say!

go figure that one out too.
peace
leland

-------------

Posted By: Friendship
Date Posted: 13 December 2008 at 10:52am
Assalamu alaikum.

The reality is more than what you said. As for the RED LETTERING, we are told to assume them to be Words of Allah and therefore Pure that should agree with what Allah revealed to Muhammad. But now some of the Bible do not have the RED LETTERING.
What I do not understand is was Jesus also taught the OT? Muhammad's Message began with the creation of the inorganic world and then the organic world and was centered on the Islam of Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus. Now, if as Jesus said in Matthew 5, then he must have been taught only the Ten Commandents. But what is more important is what do they do next, if they find out that there is fraud in the Bible?
Friendship.

Posted By: OneWay
Date Posted: 28 January 2009 at 8:34am

The Dead Sea Scroll end any controversy over the bible beign tampered with.

The Dead Sea Scrolls show that the old testement has not been altered.  The only book not contained in the Dead sea scrolls was the book of Esther. 

Posted By: Mansoor_ali
Date Posted: 29 January 2009 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by OneWay OneWay wrote:

The Dead Sea Scrolls show that the old testement has not been altered.  The only book not contained in the Dead sea scrolls was the book of Esther. 

Pagan trintarian christians LIES Regarding the Dead Sea Scrolls
  http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdul-rahman_klimaszewski/dead_sea_scrolls.htm - http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdul-rahman_klimaszewski/dead_sea_scrolls.htm

Date Posted: 06 February 2009 at 8:31pm

peace my friend
 i thought the macabes were absent.
 also they omitted some of the pagen influences from babylon{ sacrifice of (atonement)} for one from within them.
  although they used the same books monks at qumran were essenes . a little different than the  " jews "

-------------

Date Posted: 06 February 2009 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

the jews and christains both said OOOOO! when they were getting started with them and it's true. when they realized the depth of the scrolls . things got real quite.
kinda like OOOOOOOOcrap!!

Pagan trintarian christians LIES Regarding the Dead Sea Scrolls
  http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdul-rahman_klimaszewski/dead_sea_scrolls.htm - http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdul-rahman_klimaszewski/dead_sea_scrolls.htm

-------------

Date Posted: 22 February 2009 at 12:06am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S24z6wl1jZg&feature=channel_page -
peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzi5Ld6RdjE&feature=channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzi5Ld6RdjE&feature=channel

leland

-------------

Date Posted: 08 March 2009 at 8:47am
LOL!!  honeto another baseless attack.  I use links in the same number as all the other posters on this forum.

-------------
John 3

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net