IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Olympics 08 - Beijing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Olympics 08 - Beijing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Hacket. Actually he lost but not to Phelps. Hackett swims the 15oo meters, Phelps does not. Not that it matters

yes that is right.
oops, now that's bad reporting, must go to bed, lol!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 3:32pm

Salam/Peace,

Poor Canada, the only "big" country that doesn't get even one medal. Maybe they are too busy play with polar bears so forgot to practice... he..he..he..
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 10:08am
So the other day I decided to venture out of my cave, and tune into the Olympics. My half-heartedness quickly dissipated once the Pakistani hockey team started to do some good on the field! (coupl'o days ago) (Zeeshan and Saqlain bieng amongst my favourites) So pumped up was I, that I decided to watch the gymnasts as well, so currently the only knowledge I have  of the Olympics is that of Yang Wei, and ofcourse Michael Phelps, we heard of him, even in my cave :p 

But no sooner had I shown a little interest in the game, My sister announced today that Pakistan lost the match with Netherlands . . .  hence is out.Ermm There goes the olympic dream!

Hence I'll be returning to my cave now Embarrassed
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic