IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Olympics 08 - Beijing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Olympics 08 - Beijing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 9:17am
I saw the replay of the relay- amazing!!  

Go USA!  Hayfa who are you cheering for?

I enjoy all the sports, no real favorites.

I liked it back in the day when pro atheletes did not play in the olympic games. 

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 9:28am
I tend to go for people I like... less about a particular country.. now I was pulling for US relay team as the French were talking "smack"

I tend to like the human interest angle.. like Jason Lezak getting redemtion so to speak for not winning in the past. If someone is a "jerk" I tend not to like him.

I am not too into the basketball players.. maybe cause I see them all the time. I exercise and do karate so I admire their physical abilities.. Just watching the male gymnists on the still rings is incredible. Diving, any of it..

Angel if you can watch the reply you must. It was the 4x100 relay swim... the comeback is incredible. 

I pull for obscure people too..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 1:02pm
yeha the 17 year old kid from china won the gol. Pretty fun stuff to watch
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 6:20pm
U.S.=11 medals (Leader)

China= 9 medals (2nd)

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 2:52am
Australia = 9 in total. 3 gold, 1 silver, 5 bronze.

At yahoo the telly is going by gold medals and china is on top: http://au.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/medal-tally

I had on the games on last night while i was on here, it was the womens' basketball, Australia and Brazil competing. Don't know who thou.

Edited by Angel - 12 August 2008 at 2:53am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 8:07am

I watched a bit of the horse jumping (sorry can't spell equ......at the moment) I think it was germany that won, i missed it. Horse jumping isn't that bad to watch actually. Actually just checking, yes its germany that won, australia second and britain third. (Equestrian Wink )

Women's soccor, Japan vs Norway, japan won by 5 norway 1.

At the moment basketball is on and it between, Australia and Argentina, Argentina is winning Cry

that's it from me, going to bed I'm Sleepy
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 12:42pm
Well what counts is total medals not just gold medal...
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 7:41am
Michael Phelps is beyond incredible..  he alone will keep the gold meada lcount for the US high..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic