IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hatred within the Abrahamic faiths  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHatred within the Abrahamic faiths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 8:05pm
The first time I went to a mosque was just out of curiosity.  I had not plans to convert.  I just called the Iman and told him I would like to sit in on Friday prayers and learn something about Islam.  He was very nice and welcoming.  I sat with the women during the prayers and then several leading men in the mosque sat with me and explained the differences between Christianity and Islam.  They never once told me I was wrong in my beliefs.  They constantly told me that Islam is not for everyone and that it is up to me to study it and find what is right for me.  I never once felt I had to be defensive.  They were very open to hearing my thoughts and answering my questions.  It is the number one reason I continued to study Islam and thank God later chose to revert to Islam.

Since that time, i try to do my best to never put a non-muslim on the defensive.  I remember my own lessons and try to never make them feel threatened and to always respect their thoughts while still being able to express mine.

Very nice post Israfil.  I really enjoyed reading your point of view and agree with you on a lot of what you said.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 8:25am

This is my point. It seems in the context of your statement, you call Jews "honest" when they read the Qur'an and eventually embrace Islam and question the existence of such Jews today. What about Jews who may not embrace Islam are they less honest?   

There are no doubt many Jews who are honest in character generally, like the editor of this website that I like to visit http://www.savethemales.ca/ . However, where spirituality is concerned, only God knows how sincere we are.  Finding God is not a simple task. You need purity of the soul, honesty and sincerity. And knowledge is also very important. I mean knowledge of your own religion and the others too. From there we should be using our �aql to sift the truth from falsity. No one can measure someone�s honesty except oneself. Only God knows whether we are sincere or not. 

With respect to your comment on the bible and the original message given to Jesus we may not know whether the original message exists or not. When God in the Qur'an talks about giving Jesus the Injeel I believe this is metaphorical. The "word" is perhaps internal, a spiritual message a sort of metaphysical knowledge materialized on pieces of paper lost in time. What if Jesus didn't have anything or a book?

Israfil, there is no such thing as as if in Islam. The 6 pillars of Iman has already clearly stated that one of the requirement of a Believer is the belief in Kitabullah � the Books of Allah  as guidance to humankind, Namely

1) The Tawrah given to Musa (alayhis salam)

2) The Zabur given to Dawud (alayhis salam)

3) The Injeel given to 'Isa (alayhis salam)

4) and the Qur'an given to Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)

I had always wondered why Allah let the books be lost. If He wanted to preserve it , He could have done so. It is because He had Quran in mind which He guaranteed to protect forever.

What if its the central messages he gave to the Jews in his time that was lost and not an actual book? We don't know. Jews who read the Torah and follow it are honest. Jews who don't convert to Islam but respect humans and treat humans with dignioty are honest, and humane.

Yes, I do agree with that. There are more good people than bad in this world. However, have you ever wondered why the Jews were disliked by people from time immemorial?

In my opinion one doesn't need to be Muslim to be honest and worthy of God's blessings. This is revealed in the Qur'an. We need to de-emphasize our superiority over others because it is ineffective in communicating and having dialogue.

I am not emphasizing our superiority. No one is more superior than the other. But where religion is concerned, I am emphasizing that ISLAM is  SUPERIOR AND ISLAM  IS THE CHOSEN RELIGION OF GOD ALMIGHTY as stated in the Quran. - This Day, I have perfected your Law /DEEN for you, completed My favor upon you, and chosen for you Al-Islam as the System of Life. � 5:3.

We have God's word yes, but so do the Jews, christians, Sikhs, Hindus (believe it or not they are a paradoxically a monotheistic faith if you study it) and many other worldly faiths.

Ever wonder why is the first word that God sent to Muhammad was IQRA! meaning Read! � It means that we have to read, gain knowledge, learn, study. Ilm or knowledge is very important especially Ilm Tauhid � The Oneness of God. We Muslims are really very blessed that we are born a Muslim or had found Islam. When comparing other religion with my religion, how many times I had praised Allah � Alhamdulillah wa Subhanallah � Praise to Allah and Glory be to Allah � for creating me a Muslim. The beauty and truth of Islam is incomparable with other religion.

Well, I commend you for at least being honest, but you OUGHT to not have hatred. The truth you have is something YOU believe in and cannot force others to believe as you do. If God wants to violate their freewill and make them believe as you do he would do so. Rather, focus on your own imperfections and gather yourself so that you come correct for God. This not only goes for you but myself included, as well as others here.

Indeed we are not perfect. Even Muhammad in his perfection recite Astaghfirullah (I seek forgiveness from Allah) at least 100 times daily. More so with us who sinned purposely and unpurposely. We should recite Astaghfirullah more than Habibullah himself.

As I said before, I did not hate the Ruh or spirit of of the person. It is the Shaitan and the Nafs that is within, who are always negating the Truth.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 1:25pm

Only God knows whether we are sincere or not. 

I agree here but you missed the 'spirit' of my comment prior to you saying this. I suggest re-reading my comment and addressing what I mentioned.

Israfil, there is no such thing as as if in Islam. The 6 pillars of Iman has already clearly stated that one of the requirement of a Believer is the belief in Kitabullah � the Books of Allah  as guidance to humankind, Namely

I know what they are but again, re-read my comment and read what I was specifically addressing. specifically, I was addressing your question: I wonder whether we do have one that was originally given to Jesus who spoke Aramaic. Thus I responded appropriately with the theoretical statement of the "what if." I'm well aware of the "books" God has given his prophets, no need to re-list them I haven't forgotten.

have you ever wondered why the Jews were disliked by people from time immemorial?

According to various scriptural traditions, Jews were a persecuted people. Of course, since that time some have transgressed the laws Moses, with God's instructions have set for them. However, I cannot challenge the humanity of an entire people simply looking at Quranic doctrine. We cannot say all Jews because of what such and such did they all suffered even the good ones. To think such would contradict the Islamic understanding of original sin-thus i believe those who transgressed, God punished them fairly separating them from those who did not. It would be unrealistic and historically inaccurate to make such claims.

Ever wonder why is the first word that God sent to Muhammad was IQRA! meaning Read! � It means that we have to read, gain knowledge, learn, study. Ilm or knowledge is very important especially Ilm Tauhid � The Oneness of God. We Muslims are really very blessed that we are born a Muslim or had found Islam. When comparing other religion with my religion, how many times I had praised Allah � Alhamdulillah wa Subhanallah � Praise to Allah and Glory be to Allah � for creating me a Muslim. The beauty and truth of Islam is incomparable with other religion.

Do you know there are many other faiths whose doctrines espouse God instructing his followers to gain knowledge? I won't even mentioned the instructions laid down by Guru Nanak in Sikhism, but in Judaism alone there are many Rabbinical teachings which derive from Biblical doctrine that instruct followers to contemplate, some do so in extreme conditions by being in solitude for YEARS! all because one is yearning for more knowledge.

Even Muhammad in his perfection.

Who says Muhammad was perfect? He was a mortal, a human, an entity of flesh and blood. Perfection belongs to God not prophets no matter how enlighten they are.

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 5:51am

Hatred within the......

The motto of all religions is Islam. The Quran tells us that all religions from him were Islam. Islam was not brought by our prophet Muhammad only. Every revealed religion is Islam and the active believers in all religions were called Muslimeen. This name was given to us and to earlier faiths by Allah.

The Hindus and the Jews and the Christians and people of other faiths benefit from the attibute Rabb, Rahman and Raheem because they are believers and because they pray to God. Even atheists (and animals) benefit from the attributes Rabb and Al-Rehman.

Having said that, may I draw the attention of friends to the verse 2:62 of Al-Quran. I will just describe the meaning. It states: 

The believers (meaning those who believe in the prophet Muhammad) and those who are Jews and those who are Christians and people of other faiths, whoever believed in Allah and the last day, and did befitting deeds, for them is their reward from their Lord. So there will be no fear for them (for their future) nor will they be sorry for anything of the past.

Dear friends, this verse speaks about all believing, well working, peaceful people. That they have no fear and no harm. Ourselves (Muslims) are included in that promise of Allah. It is necessary to be a believer in God and to do good deeds (means to be peaceful person, not abusive and full of hatred). I hope there is a message in that verse for all of us and it is the message of peace.

mm

Edited by minuteman - 10 July 2008 at 5:55am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 5:37am

"With respect to your comment on the bible and the original message given to Jesus we may not know whether the original message exists or not. When God in the Qur'an talks about giving Jesus the Injeel I believe this is metaphorical. The "word" is perhaps internal, a spiritual message a sort of metaphysical knowledge materialized on pieces of paper lost in time. What if Jesus didn't have anything or a book?

The links I provided are links to the original Holy Scripture in Jesus' native language and Greek.  Greek was the common language at the time even though Aramaic was their native.

LOL!!  Mohammad didn't have a book written in his own hand.  The scribes wrote it!! 

If the BOOK of the Christians and Jews mentioned in the Quran were just thoughts and not a writen book, isn't there another arabic word that should have been used?

You know that can not be the case because the BOOK that Mohammad talks about existed way before Mohammad came around.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:34am

However, I cannot challenge the humanity of an entire people simply looking at Quranic doctrine

According to this website http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Why-Believe-in-Allah/jewish_bible_or_quran_anti-semitic.htm there are more anti-Semitism in the Jewish Bible than in the Quran and the Gospel combined. The Fact is, Jews in the Quran were spoken highly of and called the best of people.

We cannot say all Jews because of what such and such did they all suffered even the good ones The sufferings of the Jews were more fictitious than true. For example the holocaust. It was a plan of the Zionist to export Jews into Palestine their long-awaited dream. Anyway, from what I understand the top wealthy people in USA were Jews. For these wealthy people, I doubt they understand the meaning of sufferings.

Actually, in real life, I have never met a Jew before. I only read about them, whether it be in the Quran, in history, from their scriptures or in the internet. From these sources I can easily deduce that, the Jews were mostly arrogant due to their belief that they were the chosen people of God. A God who is Ar-Rahman and Ar-Raheem will never ever create one tribe better than the other. A God who is Al-Adl will be fair and just to each and everyone of His servants except of course the prophets and messengers of Allah. Of course there are exceptions where there are honest Jews who basically believe in the equality of men instead of considering goyims as animals. Like Henry Makow of http://www.savethemales.ca/ .

Do you know there are many other faiths whose doctrines espouse God instructing his followers to gain knowledge? I won't even mentioned the instructions laid down by Guru Nanak in Sikhism, but in Judaism alone there are many Rabbinical teachings which derive from Biblical doctrine that instruct followers to contemplate, some do so in extreme conditions by being in solitude for YEARS! all because one is yearning for more knowledge.

I have no doubt you are right, however the responsibility of an honest and sincere seeker of God is to compare which is the best and most compatible with the �aql that God had given us. That is not an easy task right?

Who says Muhammad was perfect? He was a mortal, a human, an entity of flesh and blood. Perfection belongs to God not prophets no matter how enlighten they are.

INDEED PERFECTION BELONGS TO GOD. But I believe that it is not impossible for an AlMighty God to create a perfect human being as an example for human kind. Do you?

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:36am

Yes, believer the book existed and I feel that it is the same book that you have in your hands now. That is by the report of the Quran. But please rememebr that it is the Quran which is telling us that the book has been altered.

It is also told to us by Allah (through the Quran) that the christians ( and may be Jews too) made the mistake of taking other Lords beside God. That is what spoiled their book. We have nothing against your book. You can have it, read it and work according to it.

In fact, it is written in the Quran that if the Jews and the christians acted upon their books, they would benefit.

We have believed in Jesus because Quran says so. WE believe in Jesus and I am sure, there is not any bad word agianst Jesus or his mother or his disciples in the Quran. So, we love Jesus and his mother and his friends. The mother of Jesus is given a very high status in the Quran. All true believers are likened unto her. She is the model of excellence.

So I hope the matter of the book should be setteled now. There is no other book. It is the same book that you have now but it is no more the same as taught by Jesus. I hope you will think over those things. Such things happen.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:46am

Hi Minuteman,

Before Islam, the religion that were brought by all the prophets before Muhammad was At-Tauhid. The Oneness of God.

Only when the Quran was sent to the Last Messenger with all the laws and systemsthat Allah declare - This Day, I have perfected your Law /DEEN for you, completed My favor upon you, and chosen for you Al-Islam as the System of Life. 5.3

Salam.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic