IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let's Try Part 2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLet's Try Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
Author
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 4:08am
Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Sis Alwardah, is corret. Abdullah ibn Umar and Osama bin Zaid, were n't allowed in the Battle of Uhud, as they were too young.

Next Question

When this Sahaba embraced Islam, the Quraish said , "Verily, by conversion of __________, muslims have taken revenge from Quraish".

Who was this great companion of Prophet ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 4:19am

By the way i would like to know more, about Raft ibn Khadij and Samura . {RA} Can any of you enlighten over this ? I do not know of them
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 4:54am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Next Question

When this Sahaba embraced Islam, the Quraish said , "Verily, by conversion of __________, muslims have taken revenge from Quraish".

I am not sure . . . but I'll add my guess anyway. It was either Hamza (R.A) or Umar (R.A)

Cant wait for the correct ans. Hurry up ppl!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Next Question

I am not sure . . . but I'll add my guess anyway. It was either Hamza (R.A) or Umar (R.A)

Cant wait for the correct ans. Hurry up ppl!

You are close sister Chrysallis. Why don't you guess one of them soon, before Sis Alwardah, saladin or any of our other members, plunge in.

Sis Sakeenah, even you have a good oppurtunity to choose one amongst the two guesses of sis Chrysalllis's answer.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 6:58am
OK, I pick Umar (R.A) . . . . I think it was Umar (R.A) - cz I remember reading, that after Umar's conversion - Muslims felt stronger and were braver in coming out as Muslims - and even mustered up the courage to pray openly. Umar (R.A) is one of my favourite sahabis (if we are allowed to say that/ s'pposed to hav any - u knw wht I mean ) :p
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 7:01am
Once everyone is done relating thier answers. . . I'll post the incidence of Umar's conversion. Subhanallah - an interesting one.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 8:07am
I too say Umar Al Faruq.

Bro seeks, I too dont know anymore about Raft ibn Kadhij and Samura ibn Junduh.

Sis Alwardah, Jazakallah for the correction. 
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 10:17pm
Yes, its Umar RA. WHen he embraced Islam and announced his conversion all round the Quraysh. Then he returned  to the Holy Prophet and told him that he had publicly announced his conversion. Heretofore those who were converted to Islam kept their conversion to Islam secret for fear of the oppression of the Quraish. They also prayed in secret. Umar submitted to the Holy Prophet:

"O Messenger of God are we not in the truth?". The Holy Prophet said,

"Why not, we are verily in the truth".

"Then why should we not pray in the public? Has not the time come for us to declare our faith publicly?" said Umar. Umar tried to prevail on the Holy Prophet that the truth of Islam should become manifest. The Holy Prophet agreed with Umar.

The following day all the Muslims emerged from the house of Arqam and proceeded to the Holy Ka'bah, in two lines, one led by Umar, and the other by Hamza. At the Ka'bah the Muslims prayed openly. The Quraish watched the Muslims pray and said, "Verily by the conversion of Umar to Islam, the Muslims have taken the revenge from the Quraish".

After the Muslims had prayed in the Ka'bah, the Holy Prophet conferred on Umar the title of "Al-Faruq," for on that day through the efforts of Umar, the truth of Islam had become manifest.

How beautiful is it na ! May Allah swt, grant all of us such spirit. When we are on truth, we shud n't fear any.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
  Share Topic