Print Page | Close Window

Let's Try Part 2

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12404
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 3:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Let's Try Part 2
Posted By: seekshidayath
Subject: Let's Try Part 2
Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:37pm
So quick. Masha-Allah sis FearAllah. Woodstock did you see her. She left you behind this time Smile

An other question

How long did Abu Bakr RA rule as a khalifah ?

Even am to look for its answer. The other day we learnt about Umar RA'a khilafat

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Replies:
Posted By: Woodstock
Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:45pm
All I seen was dust. That was quick. :)

-------------
Speak a little Learn alot.

Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:52pm
From 632-634 2 years

-------------

Posted By: Hamzah
Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:59pm
How long did Abu Bakr RA rule as a khalifah ?
2 years, 3 months and 2 days, may Allah be pleased with him

A nice link talking about this great man's life
http://www.anwary-islam.com/companion/abu_bakr_siddiq.htm

-------------
"Whosoever fears Allah, he will appoint for him a way out, and provide for him from where he does not expect"

Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:01pm
That was correct brother. When you are all so quick to answer, i shall n't stay behind. Smile

Here is my other question

Complete this hadith

"The best amongst you are those who learn and ___________ ?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:11pm
Complete this hadith

"The best amongst you are those who learn and ___________ ?

Learn the Quran and teach it.

-------------
"Whosoever fears Allah, he will appoint for him a way out, and provide for him from where he does not expect"

Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:13pm
Thae best among you are those that learn the Qu'ran and teach it.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:24pm
That was so nice brother. You answered it soon. But again, credit goes to me since i asked an easy question Smile

Bro. Hamzah sent me  a note that he has got some problem to access this section. Else, am sure he would have participated now. But i enjoyed today here.

Last question before signing off

WHo was the last lady   { Mother of believers } whom Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam married ?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:44pm
WHo was the last lady   { Mother of believers } whom Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam married ?

Answer: Maymouna bint Al-Harith (RA)

-------------

Posted By: Salams_wife
Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:46pm
asalamu alaykum,

I had tried to stop by a couple times but for some reason I couldn't get in.  I didn't have the time yesterday to come by but thank God now I can resume participation.  It seems we must be quick as brother woodstock is on top of things with correct answers, ma'sha Allah.

The last wife of the prophet (SAWS) is Maymuna bint al-Harith (RA).  She proposed the marriage herself when the prophet (SAWS) was 60 years old and he accepted.

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 9:49am
Sorry Hamzah, I didn't see they created a part two and your answer wasn't on the part one.  Now I see they started a new thread.  Oh well, I am afraid it is going to be difficult to keep up with you all.  You are so quick!

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:01pm
So basically they moved the thread while we were in it?

Well at least we're all together again. :)

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:02pm

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahamtuallahi wa Barakatuhu,

So we have moved to a new section and a new thread as well Smile

May Allah swt, bless all of us to gain more knowledge and implement it in our lives.

Salams_wife , you said that Maimoonah RA, sent the proposal. But what i knew is Prophet's uncle persuaded  him to marry Maimoonah RA.. And so Prophet s.a.w.s , sent his other uncle with the proposal to her. And finally they were married . This marriage lasted for 3 years until. Prophet {s.a.w.s} left this world. Kindly, share us more details you have so that we confirm the correct answer.

Brother, Hamzah, we cud not read your posts yesterday. It would have been more fun. ANyways, JazakAllah for sharing an added information of  3 months and 2 days of Abu Bakr RA's khilafat.

Next Question { I see woodstock online again }

This question may require some time to get answered. Not the quick answer like yesterday. Anyways lets see ---

We all know the story of Ibrahim AS, leaving his wife Hajrah { Hajar } and his son {on the command of Allah swt } in a desert where there were no signs of life nor water.And then the water from  zam-zam and a tribe settling there ----- etc.

The question is, what are we learn to from this story ?

Sis Sakeenah, Bro.Mohammad, we wish you too to join us.

Am missing sis Alwardah and Aminah. They have been good contributors here. Hope they come back soon Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:10pm
Here is the story as I read it:

Maymuna or Barra as she was then called, yearned to marry the Prophet. She went to her sister, Umm al Fadl to talk to her about that and she, in turn, spoke to her husband, al-Abbas. Al-Abbas immediately went to the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) with Maymuna's offer of marriage to him and her proposal was accepted. When the good news reached her, she was on a camel, and she immediately got off the camel and said, "The camel and what is on it is for the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)." They were married in the month of Shawwal in 7 AH just after the Muslims of Medina were permitted to visit Mecca under the terms of the treaty of Hudaybiyya to perform umra. Allah Almighty sent the following ayat about this:

Any believing woman who dedicates herself to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her, that is only for thee and not for the believers. (Quran 33:50)

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:22pm

JazakAllahu Khair sister. I did not know that.

And even a verse was revealed then. SubhanAllah.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 6:28pm
My Question was

Next Question

This question may require some time to get answered. Not the quick answer like yesterday. Anyways lets see ---

We all know the story of Ibrahim AS, leaving his wife Hajrah { Hajar } and his son {on the command of Allah swt } in a desert where there were no signs of life nor water.And then the water from  zam-zam and a tribe settling there ----- etc.

The question is, what are we learn to from this story ?

Here is its answer
The story  of Hajrah { Hajar } Prophet Ibrahim AS, 's wife teaches us to have deep faith and sincere trust in Allah swt. When Ibrahim AS left her along with his infant son Ismaeel, at a place where there were no signs of life, she asked with no signs of panic , " Has Allah swt commanded you to do this ? " { Just imagine what would a modern muslimah of  ask ---}

Then Ibrahim AS said , "YES",

she said , " Then He {Allah swt} is not going to abandon us."

This response of hers teaches us to be optimistic  and trust in Allah swt always. . It is because of her complete trust in Allah swt that we remember her day and night and am sure she shall be remembered by us forever

Next Question

How many ahadeeth did Imam Bukhari collect ?

A } 347223     B } 891102    C } 600,000   D } 500,000

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2008 at 9:54am

asalamu alaykum,

I believe the answer is C } 600,000  

Date Posted: 11 May 2008 at 5:55pm
Wa'laikum Salam WRWB,

Yes sister its approximately about 6 lakhs of hadith that Imam Bukhari collected . JazakAllah for answering it

Next Question

Which verse and the word is in the middle of the holy Qur'an ?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2008 at 6:29pm
 As'Salamu Alaikum,

Is my question so tough that no one turned up Ermm

Where are you all ? { Woodstock, Bro Hamzah , FearAllah and {Sister} salams_wife ?

Seems like sis Sakeenah , has forgotten us !

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:19pm
As'Salamu Alaikum

Here is the answer to the question

Which verse and the word is in the middle of the holy Qur'an ?

Its verse 19 of chapter Kahf and the word id  وَلْيَتَلَطَّفْ

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:20pm

Read this :

When the news of Prophet Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam reached her, she plunged in grief and burst into tears. The people there were taken in total surprise ; they never heard anything like that before. She had nurtured him in his childhood and held  him in her arms. She had seen him grow in to a fine young man - a young man who then wore the mantle of  of the Prophet of Allah. She witnessed him as a young bridegroom, when he wed Khadijah RA. She experienced the days when Makkah was like the Final day of Judgement . She saw those historic days when he ruled  over the newly founded Muslim Islamic state. And best of all she saw the miraculous revelations of Allah 's radiance. All the golden pages of his life seemed to pass before her.

A few days after the death of Prophet sallal lahu alayhi wasallam, Abu Bakr, Umar RA, went to visit her to console with her. She started to cry remembering the Prophet {s.a.w.s} They asked her why she was crying though she knew well that he was in a far better world  than this one with Allah swt. She said that although she indeed knew this, she was crying because  the revelations from Allah SWT, had come to an end with his passing away. Hearing  this even they started crying.

Now the question is

Who is "SHE" we were reading about, in the above passage ?

-------------

Posted By: lovesakeenah
Date Posted: 14 May 2008 at 2:45am
As-salaam alaykum warahaamtullah wabarakatuh ya ikhwan

My sincerest apologies.My itinery changed and I have been reading on a different computer meaning-change of passwords and the rest of the protocol.However,I have been reading still with the exception of the last 2posts in a New Thread.I'd call that chapter 2 of"Let's Try" masha Allahu.So,I had to go through the Forum this morning reading something else &surprisingly found it.I was wondering what happened as I usually have the mails sent into my Inbox.
Masha Allahu,I can see sis.Salaam'swife,bro.Hamza&woodstock are not relenting.May Allah(s.w.t) reward you all.
Hope sis.FearAllah's getting things sorted.May Allah ease all our affairs.Ameen!!!
Where's bro.Muhammed????
Sorry for the long break.....!!!

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Posted By: Fear_Allah
Date Posted: 14 May 2008 at 9:11pm
Assalam alikom
I searched for that question and I found that this lady was :Um Ayman.
Welcome  back sis,Sakeena.What about your studies?
I hope they are going well.
May Allah ease OUR path.

-------------
Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)

Date Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:23pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

Yes, sister its Umm Aeyman RA, who cud see Prophet { Sallal lahu alayhi wasallam } so closely.

Next Question

Name any two sahabas who were matryred during the Battle of Uhud ?

-------------

Posted By: Saladin
Date Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:02am
Salaam Alaikum,

Hamza, Abu Dujana, Musab bin Umair. The ones I can remember. May Allah be pleased with them.

-------------
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'

Date Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:52am
As-salaam alaykum warahaamtullah wabarakatuh

I dnt know if you'd consider him a'Sahabah'
Hamzah,the Propther(s.a.w)'s Uncle and Mus'ab Ibn Umayr were killed in the battle of Uhud.
Jazakallahu sis.FearAllah,am hanging in there masha Allahu.Hope your studies' going fine as well.
Ameen to your duah!!!

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Date Posted: 16 May 2008 at 6:35pm

JazakiAllahu Khayr sister for answering it CORRECT.

Next Question

Which of the " mother of believers" was earlier married to Khunais ibn Hudhafa Ibn Qays as-Sahami , who was matyred during the battle of Uhud ?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2008 at 1:17pm
Bismillah
Sorry i was away for a few days

Answer: Hafsa daugheter of Omar bin Alkhattab (RA)

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:08pm
 As'Salamu Alaikum,

Am sorry, i did not see brother Saladin's post yesterday.  JazakAllahu Khair brother.

Brother Hamzah, i was bit upset with you. And even with woodstock.  Anyways now am glad to see you again. Yes, its Hafsah RA.

Next question { Even am not sure of this answer and would like to learn from you all }

For how many years did Isa AS preach ?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:51pm
asalamu alaykum,

This is an interesting question and ma'sha Allah that you asked it as I did not know either.  After some research I found that prophet Isa (AS) began preaching at age 30 and ascended to heaven at age 33.  I would guess this would be about 3 years that he preached though if someone has more to add to that it could only help us to strengthen our knowledge.

Date Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:56pm
 Wa'alaikum Salam,

Glad to see you sister. Even i guess its 3 years. As you said, let us wait for other answers.

By the way sister, were you busy with you hectic schedule ?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2008 at 9:40pm
Assalam alaikum warahmatullah
Brother Seeks, i was away for a few days, i had to travel to Riyadh and then back to my temporary residance in Bahrain, it's a 450 km journey that i take back and forth almost weekly, it was nice to hear you were upset
we arabs think it is a sign of affection, Jazak Allah khair, if we do not meet in this life, may Allah make us naughbours of his prophets in Jannah.

Answer:
3 years as the sister Jazaha Allah khair mentioned before.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2008 at 7:41am
I did come by and check a couple times about your questions, but there was one that I was unable to find the answer to even after a couple hours of research.  I thought to wait and see how others answered.  Some of your questions lately have been challenging for me, but I am enjoying this challenge as I learn a lot from working to find the answer.

Date Posted: 18 May 2008 at 5:41pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

Jazakumullahu Khayr dear brothers and sisters. May we all meet in Jannah, for we are here for the sake of Allah swt.

Actually, i was bit disturbed with stress, which was n't a good sign of a muslim. I did not react as a believer shud react towards a problem. This made me feel very bad. And here, i cud not see any of our active members, which made me burst out. Neither woodstock, fearAllah or brother Hamzah  answered. I excuse Sister {Salams Wife} and Sister Sakeenah , they have valid reasons. --- all these thoughts, made me feel bad added to my stress. I felt why all things are going wrong . Am sorry, i shud n't be so. May Allah swt forgive me. Insha-Allah , i shall not repeat it again.

Next Question

How did Adha'an get started ?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:16pm
asalamu alaykum,

The beginning of the adhan happened after Abdullah ibn Zayd ibn Tha`laba (RA) dreamed about it.  He then passed on his dream to the prophet (PBUH) who got divine confirmation that it should be performed in the way the companion described from his dream.  After that the prophet (PBUH) chose Bilal to be the first to perform the adhan and had Abdullah teach him how.  Bilal's voice was sweet and perfect for gaining the attention of muslims and reminding them of their duty to prayer.  There are two different accounts of when they adhan was first called.  One says the first year of hijra and the other says the second year of hijra.

Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:28am

JazakiAllahu Khayran katheer sister,

Shall post my question tomorrow inshaAllah. Just running out of time today.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:17pm
As'Salamu Alaikum

That was a good answer sister {Salams_wife} It is also intresting na !

To add up to your answer, here a link relate to Adha'n

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10408 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10408

Next question

During which khalifa 's time were did Muslims start up to mint their own coins for the first time ?

Source : This question is not mine but from a site

I wonder where are woodstock and FearAllah. They disappeared all of a sudden.. Brother Hamzah, Saladin and sister Sakeenah ---- join us soon.

I had forgotten to tell that brother Mohammad sent me a pm. He did not find our thread at its previous thread and was wondering why is it gone. Smile

Sister {Salams_wife} thanks alot for being active.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:28pm
Assalam alikom,
I'm here!!
And please excuse me for not being regular.but I read many times even if I don't answer.
About the question,as I guessed,I found he is "Abdullah-ibn Marawan" at 77 hijah.

-------------
Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 6:56pm

As'Salamu Alaikum,

Islam does not permit to stop talking for more than three days, so for two days, i shall not be talking to you sister Smile

Next question. It may require a deep study

What are the lessons we are to learn from the story of Musa AS and khidr AS ?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:48am
As-salaam alaykum warahamtullah wabarakatuh
ok,questioner,I thought we did this topic beforeErmm.Well,no knowledge is lost...
One of the lessons we can pick from that story is
Patience' sabr.
Let me not be stingy cos the ques'easy.I'll allow others tooWink

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 5:36pm

Did we do it !! I remember we did discuss the lessons to be learnt from Al-Kahf and Yusuf AS's story. Yes, we did discuss Khidr AS.

Anyways, shall wait for any other answers.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2008 at 3:05am
Assalam alikom
Yes,I remember we did it before.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2008 at 6:45pm
Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullah.

Ok, then let us slip to next question

What was the reason behind conducting the pledge of Ar-Ridwan ?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2008 at 12:43pm
UnhappyConfusedEmbarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2008 at 6:44pm
asalamu alaykum,

Uthman (RA) was sent to Mekkah so that he could inform the chiefs of the Quraysh that the prophet (phuh) had the intent to perform umrah at mekkah.  The Quraysh bid that Uthman wait and stay with them.  During that time a rumor spread that Uthman had been killed.  The prophet (pbuh) then announced that they would not leave until they fought the people believing that the Quraysh had murdered Uthman (RA) after he delivered the message.  The messenger of Allah then called for the muslims to give a pledge of allegiance (or pledge of Ar-Ridwan).  This pledge was their promise to not run away from battle.  The number who gave the pledge was estimated at 1400 people.

Date Posted: 27 May 2008 at 7:17pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

JazakiAllahu khair, sister {Salams_wife} and sis Sakeenah as well, for her participation. Smile

Next Question

Which of the companions of Prophet Muhammad{s.a.w.s}, narrated most of the hadiths ?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2008 at 11:53pm
asalamu alaykum,

I do believe the answer to that is Abu Hurayrah (RA).

Date Posted: 28 May 2008 at 6:43pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

Am very excited to post next question, I read it just now

Who was the first person to greet Prophet Muhammad {Sallal lahu alayhi wasallam } with salam { As'Salamu Alaikum}

Come on guess it ! Take it as a challenging question Smile

And Sister {Salam's Wife} answer to the above question is Umar RA. He has narrated most of the hadiths.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2008 at 9:06pm
asalamu alaykum,

I just guessed on that one because I didn't have a lot of time.  I had thought maybe someone would correct me if I was wrong. Thankyou for providing the correct answer Smile

Date Posted: 30 May 2008 at 6:11pm
As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

JazakiAllahu khayr sister { Salams_wife } for keeping this thread going.

I wonder where our active members are Unhappy

Anyways, i  and hope  everything is going on well with them and they return soon.

Next question

Before the Battle of Badr, one companion pledged total support in the following words: "O Prophet of Allah, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, we are not like the followers of Moses who said ' You and your Lord can go and fight, we'll wait here.' We say go where ever your Lord is commanding you to. We swear by Allah who has sent you with the truth that we will fight on your right and on your left in your front and in your back and we will never desert you." Who said these words?

Mu'adh bin Jabal, Radi-Allahu anhu

Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari, Radi-Allahu anhu

Miqdad bin Amru, Radi-Allahu anhu

Ali ibn Abu Talib, Radi-Allahu anhu

-------------

Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 9:16am
Assalam alikom
I think the answer is Miqdad bin Amr, Radi-Allahu anhu.
Thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 12:53pm
Assalam aalaikum Wa rahmatullah
Bismillah

I am sorry for being away the past few days, i have been online but not enough time to post anything, i have been busy of late.

As for the answer
Miqdad bin Amru, Radi-Allahu anhu

-------------

Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 1:24pm
Assalam Alaikum wa rahmatullah
I was wondering if i was allowed to ask questions too?

-------------

Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 5:15pm
Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Jazakumullah, FearAllah and Brother Hamzah for answering it correct.

Yes, brother you can ask. So next question shall be from you {InshaAllah} But please ask easy questions Wink. Also provide options for us. Am not knowledgeable as all the active members here.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 June 2008 at 4:35pm
Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah
Jazak Allah khair brother

Ok here is the Question, i hope it hasnt been asked yet.

When this unique man died, Allah's Thrown shook for his death, the doors of the skies opened for him, 70000 angels who never set foot on earth came down only for his funeral and some helped in carrying his body, who is this great man?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 June 2008 at 5:44pm

Bismillah

Its a unique question indeed

And its answer is Sa'd bin Mua'dh RA.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 June 2008 at 5:49pm
asalamu alaykum,

That was an interesting question!

Date Posted: 01 June 2008 at 6:08pm
Jazakum Allah khair brother and sister, brother Seeks, your answer is correct mashallah.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 June 2008 at 6:49pm

Next question brother -----

Its good to be at an other side. Am eagerly waiting  for the next question.

Any other members can also ask .

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:04am
Bismillah
Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

Next Question
From the Sahabah and was born inside the Ka'ba.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:25am

Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

We did discuss this question brother. Its Hakim ibn Hizam ibn Khuwaylid RA, nephew of Khadijah RA.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:26am
I was searching for the biography of Sa'd Bin Muadh RA. If you get it , kindly post it at Islamic Personality section and paste its link here.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:34am
Jazal Allah khair brother seeks

I searched for it but couldn't find a comprehensive english one, if i dont find one i will just translate an arabic one in sha Allah.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:27am
As-salaam aalykum warahaamtullah wabarakatuh
You're welcome back bro.Hamza&jazaka for your contributions..
Where's bro.Muhammed???
Jazakallahu khayr to my dear sisters fearAllah&slaamswife for keeping the thread active.....
Am around and reading,now.....I'd search for the Biography too.Hope we'd find something useful...

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:32am
This was what I found,I wanted to check up with you before posting it on the personality Section'

http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/Jews/BQurayza/banu3.html - http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/Jews/BQurayza/banu3.html

and I found this site too....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2386496/Companions-of-the-Prophet - http://www.scribd.com/doc/2386496/Companions-of-the-Prophet

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 5:59pm
As'Salamu Alaikum ,

Sis Sakeenah, glad to see you Smile

JazkiAllahu khayr for sharing those links. May Allah swt reward you for your efforts to serach them too. First link has got the information we were looking for. Second one, is n't having biography of Sa'd bin Muadh RA. But its very good.

Anyways, next question ?

Sister { Salams Wife } and fear Allah too can post any questions.  I wonder why did woodstock leave us !

Khayr, brother Hamzah, next question ----

-------------

Date Posted: 03 June 2008 at 3:48am
Assalam Alaikum
as you wish Brother Seeks

NEXT QUESTION:
Who is the Sahabi who saw the DAJJAL (Fasle Christ)?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 June 2008 at 5:31pm
Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Brother, this question was a tough one. I searched it but cud not find it. So had to seek help from brother Abu Zaid. He said it must be Tameem Dari RA. Kindly provide us notes about this sahabah and when did he see Dajjal ?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 June 2008 at 3:09am
Bismillah
Assalam Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

The answer is indeed TAMEEM BIN AWS AL DARRI
He embraced Islam in the 9th year of Hijra, he was a Christian before that,
When he became a Muslim the prophet requested the Sahabah to remain seated in the mosque after the prayer,

then the prophet PBUH said: I have gathered you here to tell you that Tameem Al Dari was a Christian and became a Muslim and he told me something about the DAJJAL that is similar to what I tell you about him,
Tameem was in the sea, the waves took them to an Island, on this Island they encounterd a hairy beast,
You do not know it's front from it's back,
they said: Whay are you?
the beast told them I am the JASSASAH, so they said And what is the JASSASAH? the beast answered: just proceed to that cave for you will see what is even more weird than me,
in the cave they saw a Man, never did they see a man like him, he was great in size and was chained, so they told him about their story with the beast and how it pointed them towards him, they asked the man, who are you? he said tell me about you 1st,
they told him how they had gotten lost at sea and how the waves carried them to this Island, he asked them about the palm trees of Baiysan (a small town in Sham area) do people use the fountain near it to water it, they said yes, does it have a lot of water? They said yes, and then he asked what about the Prophet of illitrate? Did his people fight him? They said yes, and were he victorious? they said yes and the Arabs have followed him, he replyed this is good for them to follow him, my time is nearing, I am the CHRIST( he was lying of course) I will pass every village and town and remain in each 40 nights except Makka and Taiba (Medina), where it will be protected by Angels.
Then the prophet asked the Sahabah did i not tell you that this is Taiba? the Sahabah said yes, the prophet used the name Taiba to describe Medina at the time as it was called YATHRIB
then the prophet finished his speach by saying that the Dajjal was somewhere in the east.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 June 2008 at 11:24pm

Yes,that was indeed a tough one.Everything I found in my research were related to the Prophet (s.a.w).Jazakallahu bro.Hamzah for supplying the details.
Meanwhile, I have observed (not because they are tough questions)Embarrassed that our quiz are mainly dominated by' Islamic History'.I know Seerah's part of Islam,but there are more topics to cover like Fiqh,Hadith,Tafseer, and some other issues relative to our day-to-day lives as Muslims.I think we've delved in so much in Seerah and should try our hands on other subjects, masha Allahu.
Just a thought!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 June 2008 at 4:38am
Bismillah, Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah
Totally agree sister, Jazak Allah khair for pointing that out, why don't you go ahead and give us the 1st question Barak Allahu Feek.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:16am
Am not really good at this.Thanks for the opportunity...ok,so here it goes
What's the ruling on  talaaq pronounced by the wife (woman)?Is it valid and if not why?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 June 2008 at 8:12am
Bismillah

Answer: Talaq (divorce) pronounced by the wife is invalid, as for why? hmmm because if it was Valid we men would be all divorced [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="middle" />, i will try to look up a more serious answer.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 June 2008 at 7:55am
 Is this what you were asking?

http://app.syariahcourt.gov.sg/syariah/front-end/TypeOfDivorce_Talak_E.aspx - http://app.syariahcourt.gov.sg/syariah/front-end/TypeOfDivorce_Talak_E.aspx

3. Talak Bain

Talak Bain falls under two categories:

1. Talak Bain Kubra
  2. Talak Bain Sughra

Talak Bain Kubra is a situation where a divorce has taken place on three occasions - in other words, the husband has divorced his wife three times. The divorce is irrevocable. The husband may re-marry his ex-wife only if, subsequent to the third divorce, the ex-wife has married another man and the marriage has ended in a divorce / in death.

Talak Bain Sughra is a divorce that takes place less than three times but is irrevocable even during iddah. A couple divorced under such a circumstance must go through the process of nikah if they want to live as husband and wife again. Talak Bain Sughra occurs in the following situations:

1. Divorce decided by Hakam
  2. Khulu' (Divorce by Redemption)
  3. Decree of fasakh issued by a Judge.

Khulu' is a divorce by redemption. The talak is requested by the wife and is granted by the husband upon the wife's paying him a sum of money or an amount in kind, the quantum of which is assessed by the Court in accordance with the means of the parties. A wife who seeks a divorce by redemption does so usually because she is not comfortable with a variety of factors relating to her husband.

The following are some of the factors leading to khulu':

1. Concern on the part of both parties of their inability to comply with the laws of Allah.
  2. Concern on the wife's part about her being unable to be obedient to her husband.
  3. Concern on the husband's part about his having to use force on his wife because she does not listen to him.

Khulu' can be determined only before a Judge subject to the couple satisfying all the conditions at the time of application for divorce.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 June 2008 at 5:21pm

Thats good members. Do continue it. InshaAllah, i shall be active tomorrow or day after tomorrow onwards. Please do continue with the questions and answers kindly.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 June 2008 at 6:01pm

Sister am not good in matters of fiqh. So i cannot correct the answer above. Though, it seems correct,but i wish you to check it. And kindly post next questiion, whenever you are active. Brother, Hamzah neither did you post any question. Sister {Salams Wife} too is n't active. And regarding Sis FearAllah, i don't understand, why is she not showing her intrest. Shall write to her InshaAllah.

I shall continue with the next  question and other members can also post there question, simultaneously. Remember, our aim is to gain . revive knowledge, that shall help us in our deen and dunya, for the sake of Allah swt.

Arwah RA, was the mother of which of the well-known sahaba ?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 June 2008 at 8:45pm
Bismillah

Answer: Arwa bint Kuraiz was the mother of Othman bin Afan RA.

Sorry brother seeks, every ship has one captain, without him it can not sail, things get a little slow when you are not arround.

-------------

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 10 June 2008 at 1:36am
I recently stumbled upon this one. . . Iteresting, Fun and knowledgable at the same time.

Perhaps I could ask a question too? Smile A very easy one ! (So, I'll keep it short n simple!)

Which Sahabi was the second of the two in the cave?

Date Posted: 10 June 2008 at 3:29pm
Bismillah
Assalma Alaikum warahmatullah

Answer: Abu Baker RA

O.k i think i will ask a question now;

Question: When the prophet peace be upon him died, Abu Baker RA suggested two names for the Muslims to choose from to be Khalifah, hwo are these two Sahaba proposed by Abu Baker RA?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:52pm
Wa'alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Welcome to our thread  sister Chrysalis. MashaAllah, you are doing very good work over boards. And brother Hamzah, even i see you sharing your knowledge with us. May Allah swt accept it and reward both of you both here and hereafter.

Regarding this thread, inshaAllah, even brother Hamzah's daughters and sis Sakeenah's daughter too shall participate in it. May Allah swt help us continue till then Smile

I wish our old members, Fear Allah, Wood stock, Salams Wife, and sister Sakeenah, too join us soon.

Well, answering to your question,  two names suggested by Abu Bakr RA to be khalifa were ,  Umar RA and Abu Ubaydah RA.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 June 2008 at 6:27pm

Next question

Who was the sahabah , who was a next door neighbour of Prophet Muhammad sallal lahu alayhi wa sallam, when lived beside abu Ayub Ansari's house at Madinah. His daughter umm Hisham RA, often used to cook and send food for the esteemed guest, the Prophet {saws}.  Whenever he {Prophet saws}  contracted a marriage, he needed a new house and it was this sahabi who  gave his own house and moved on to another house himself. His daughter Umm Hisham had the golden oppurtunity to frequently visit these esteened neighbours and mix up with  the Mother of believers and observing them from close quarters on many an occasion. And the close social contact with these noble ladies influenced her character very much. Now, my question is who was this companion of Prophet {saws} being discusssed here.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 June 2008 at 7:07pm
Bismiallah
this was a really hard question
but i got the answer after some research
Al Harith Bin Al Nu'man RA, the prophet dremt that he heard the voice of this great Sahabi reciting Quran in Jannah when he asked who was this he was told it was Al Harith and the reason was because of the way he treated his mother, the Prophet PBUH said: in my Umma the best to their mothers are Al Harith and Othman, he was also the man that Jibreel answered his Salam, he was also one of a 100 men to stand firm in the battle of Hunain.

Jazak Allah khair brother Seeks, you made me look at this great man's life when i knew little about him.

Next Question:

What was it that Allah created and asked about in the Quran?
a teaser i know!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 12:12am

Brother, can u share with us in detail about Jibraeel  answering his salam. I heard it was twice once at Jannatul Baqi too. I don't know of it in detail.

And regarding  your question, i shall leave it for other members. Am generous in sparing my chance to others.  Smile

Frankly speaking brother, i do not know its answer. Question is n't clear to  me .

-------------

Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 1:35am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Wa'alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Welcome to our thread  sister Chrysalis. MashaAllah, you are doing very good work over boards. 

Jazakallah Khair for the warm welcome Sister SeeksHidayath. . .  All good is from Allah alone, and all errors are mine.

I'm starting to feel at home here already Smile. I'll have to wait a bit (and brush up my knowledge) before I start answering I guess! because so far honestly, I didnt knw the answers to the trivia posted here! heh heh. This seems like the advanced level ! Tongue

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Hamzah Hamzah wrote:

What was it that Allah created and asked about in the Quran?

Very interesting! The only answer I can think of is Adam ! but it may be wrong, since He asked Adam to name things . . . rather than Ask about him to the Angels!!!

Can't wait for the correct answer . . . very curious :)

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 1:55am
As-salaam aalykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh ya akhwati....

Apologies for responding late.I want to refer back to my question ..
What I meant was that,the woma isn't permitted or allowed to pronounce'talaaq'.The explanation I want to give has it's references which I don't have here with me but will insha Allah post ASAP..

I will spare you the basis which is the importance of Nikkah in Islam.The reason a woman isn't allowed to make the Talaaq pronunciation is because,it is the man who has invested more(monetary&otherwise) into a marriage.So he will not be willing to just let everything go into waste.And this explains the necessity and logic behind "waiting period" (or Iddah), within which the couples can reconcile.
Women are naturally emotional and maybe under the influence of emotions (maybe being hurt) and can misrepresent their intentions in such state of mind.We are acquinted with the fact that women can be hormonal because of their Biological make-up and can misjudge,even on other issues.This is one of the reasons Islam does not give the women the privilege of pronuncing 'Talaaq'.
Insha Allahu,I'd post the rest of what I know on this soon.

Jazakallhu for everyone who's made kept the thread going&we gladly welcome our newest member.Hope we'd see more of you.
Marhaba bikum ahalan wasahalan!

Masha Allah seekshidayath,you'd now start to learn more Fiqh.....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 3:52pm

Bismillah
Assalam Alaikum
Answer: Allah created the stick of Musa PBUH and asked about it, ( what is that in your right hand Musa?)

-------------

Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 6:20pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

Even i thought it  to be Adam AS, but the word "teaser", stopped me. That was an inresting question. Musa' AS's stick --- hmm. Thats true.

Sis Sakeenah, welcome back. I just read your message that you had login problem . JazakiAllahu khair for writing to me. Yes, you are right, I can increase my knowledge on fiqh. Do keep posting such questions.

Sister Chrysallis, its not adavnced level. You know, probably from one year, alhamdullilah, we have been into this quiz and we covered much part of the sahabas and seerah too. All the easy questions are over Smile. Brother Hamzah's questions are very intresting.

Anyways, i wish our old members too  do return. I miss them all. I thank Allah swt   that we are continuing with you all.

Next question ----- ? Any member can question it

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 4:31am
Bismillah and Assalam Alaikum

In my previous question, i asked what was IT, so it couldn't have been a human

Allah created three creatures, without father and mother, all are mentioned in the Quran, one was Adam PBUH, Eve was not as she was created from Adam, what was the other two creations?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Hamzah Hamzah wrote:

Bismillah and Assalam Alaikum

In my previous question, i asked what was IT, so it couldn't have been a human

Allah created three creatures, without father and mother, all are mentioned in the Quran, one was Adam PBUH, Eve was not as she was created from Adam, what was the other two creations?

AS-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh
Interesting bro.Hamzah.Before I jump the gun.Are you saying"what" here also represents a non-living thing?I mean,that should have been "who" were the other two creatures.Non-living things sure don't have a dadaTongue!!!

Ok,I know Angels do not have 'parents'....
And am stuck with the other one..Ouch
Ok,and "Jinns" too....Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 5:16pm
As'Salamu Alaikum

Brother Hamzah, this question was asked ---

The other two are the camel during Salih As and the other is --is, i don't remember it exactly, but i guess its the snake made out of stick by Musa AS, by the will of Allah swt.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 4:16am
Assalam Alaikum

Well done brother seeks, very impressive, i never thought about Musa's snake but that's a good answer, the second one in mind i had was the sheep Allah sent down to Ibrahim PBUH to sacrifice in the place of Ismail PBUH.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 6:09pm

Yes, the other one was sheep of Ibrahim AS. That was a good question brother. Now, i think , we shall wait for our other members to post questions. I prefer woodstock or sis Sakeenah to post them soon. Salams_wife and sis FearAllah are nowhere seen. Let us wait for them, and if they don't turn by tomorrow, let us start again.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 June 2008 at 5:41pm

As'Salamu Alaikum,

No one turned up. Unhappy. So shall go for next question

What is/are the difference/s between Quran and Hadith Qudsi ?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 7:44am
The Qur'an is a type of Hadith Qudsi, but not all Hadith Qudsi is part of the Qur'an ! Smile

Hadith Qudsi are the ahadith, related by  Prophet Muhammad, as were revealed to him by Allah. . . the exact words of Allah, in which Allah is adderessing us in first person. But they are different from the Qur'anic verses. . .

The Quranic verses were revealed via Angel Gibrael, but the Hadith Qudsi were often 'inspired' e.g in a form of dream.

The Qur'an can be/is recited during Salaat but Hadith Qudsi cannot.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 6:50pm
JazakiAllahu khayr sister.

As i said, i have been reading your posts, and i see them that they are complete and perfect. MashaAllah. It so nice to read  them.

I would like to add these points which i read at IC, itself

To clarify more, we can explain that the scholars of Hadith have mentioned five main differences between the Qur�an and the hadith qudsi: 

1. The Qur�an was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) verbatim, that is, both its words and meanings are from Allah. The hadith qudsi was not a verbatim revelation; its words are from the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

The words of the Qur�an are miraculous or inimitable (mu`jizah) while the words of the hadith qudsi are not of this nature.

Two more points were made in your post.

Next question

Which of the sahabas was called as  "Second Yusuf " for his beauty.

Even i shall be searching for it. I was about to read it, but had to leave that place. So cud not get complete answer.

I hope our other members too to return. Brother Hamzah, must be on his travels again, FearAllah with her exams, Sis Sakeenah, must have had some problem to access net, brother - woodstock must be busy, similarly, our sister { Salams wife too}/ My God ! the list is long to recall all our members here. But surely, missing them all .

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 2:55am
Jazakallah for your kind words Brother SeeksHidayath . . .

Just wanted to point out what a gr8 idea this thread was! Because I just found out I had a misconception about Hadith Qudsi. I used to think that they were also Allah's verbatim words. . . but turns out they were not exact words of Allah, but in Prophet Muhammad's own words. So, JazakAllah.

And I must say. . .I have no clue about this question! Though it greatly interests me. . . I shall try to look it up. Can't wait for the correct answer.

PS: I have read in places that Prophet Muhammad is said to have resembled Prophet Yusuf. . .is that true?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 11:05pm

JazakiAllahu khayr sister. I shall wait for our other members too  to turn up by tomorrow.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 June 2008 at 3:13pm
Bismillah
Assalam Alaikum
i am sorry brothers and sisters for not being as active as i should have, i have been busy as of late, i will continue to be busy for a few days, i will do my best to be as active as time permits me,,,,Assalam alaikum wa Rahmatullah.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 June 2008 at 6:06pm
I searched and searched and came up empty handed. Probably need a different search engine. :)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net