IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Still not married  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still not married

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudmuslima3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:54pm
Asalamu Alaikum sister
Put ur trust in Allah, take this time 2 really learn ur deen,cause Insha Allah when u get married u will need it, and remember that Allah has a reason 4 everything.
truthseeker View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 6:52pm
salamo 3aliko
Dear sister, 

i understand  ur feelings , but this is not the end of the world. u should trust Allah and know well that He is choosing us the best  ,but we ,humans,lack patience and feel frustrated when we don't find what we want in our hands. Believe me sister, the best thing 2 do is 2 live ur life  the way Allah has chosen and wait as He is saving u a good thing but be patient.the more the patient u r ,the best u win.May be it is just a test of ur faith or may be there is no one around deserving u .  May be the time hasn't come yet .Never lose hope in Allah and always ask Him 2 send u the pious husband . By the way, i really liked ur reply 2 the online marriage solution.i shows that u r a true moslem.May ALLAH show us all the right path.  
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 6:57am
I agree with people.. and there is so much you cn be doing..serve Allah. Work on your submission. You can get involvd in groups.. get involved in the masjid.. help the poor and the hungry. It is how we account for our time. And trust in Allah and his plan for you.

And really, find a good partner. I see women who are desparate to marry, marry the nxt one that comes alon, and regrets their haste.

Some women choose to be a 2nd wife.. to marry a good man. They know he is a good husband and provider and take that route..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Alinea View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alinea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 6:30pm
Chrysalis,

Thank you for your realistic advice. Currently, I am trying to do just what you said. Like most girls I have been bought up to believe that marriage is the only path for women. Society and cultural norms make this even more difficult especially for women after a certain age. I have heard some very cruel comments directly and indirectly. Therefore, the process of trying to accept things the way they are is not an easy task. Yet, I am trying every single day to not let that be the focus of my life.
My goal has never been to marry someone for the sake of marrying. I do believe that one must choose a spouse carefully. Most people say I am picky but I am not running after looks, or wealth. I am thinking about a person's imam, our compatibility levels, and his family. To me those are the important traits in choosing a spouse. However, I feel that men (at least the ones that I meet) are looking for perfection. Maybe I am yet to meet the right individuals who are more realistic about their life partners but I am also limited to meeting Muslims let alone those that have more realistic standards.
I really appreciate your dua and advice. Thank you.
Alinea View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alinea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 6:33pm
Truthseeker,

Thank you very much for the advice. I am doing just as you and many othersisters have mentioned and trying to live life the way Allah has chosen. It is difficult at times but as you mentioned I just need to learn more patience.

Alinea View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alinea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 6:36pm
Proudmuslima3,

I really appreciate your response. You are right with the sentiment that Allah has a reason for everything. We are impatient human beings and I am no different. I am learning to have more patience.
Thank you,
Alinea View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alinea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 6:40pm
zahara,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. As I mentioned to the other sisters I am learning everyday to have more patience. It is difficult sometimes but I have learned to think of Allah when the time becomes more challenging then usual. If Allah wills it will happen.
Thank you,
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:28pm

SALAM

U know that we all have to be there for each other, we're SISTERSHug
"Z"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic