IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - American Philosophy  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmerican Philosophy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

The others will be tempted to learn from you only if you are not desperately trying to paste your national agenda on them.

B: Of course, that is your opinion, and you love to paint this spin.  Does that mean that you're correct?

And, you learn to respect if not understand their culture, customs, perceptions and reactions to anything and evrything in the world - instead of taking it for granted that because you are American, your word should be treated as the last.

B: I've never, ever, claimed anything like this.  You've imparted it to me!  Why, only you can answer.  On the flip side, you seem just fine being racist toward all 300 million Americans, calling us 'stupid' and 'fools.'

And, when they are already suffering occupations, you should refrain from rubbing salt in their wounds by forcing them to accept these as some grand liberations.

B: You should know that majorities of the Afghanis have supported the MNF actions, have voted and while they do look forward to MNF troops leaving they realize the important part they are playing in the transition to total independence.  You can call that what you will - but I'll simply call it the majority - which means your viewpoint is in the minority Sasha.  I don't call these 'grand' liberations, just liberations...but you're entitled to your minority opinion(s).

Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 12:49pm

B: You should know that majorities of the Afghanis have supported the MNF actions

Now just hold on to your words and back your claim with the latest situation on the ground - without your monkey business of jumping off the points.

Rest of your post it typical vulgar street stuff.

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:16pm

B: You should know that majorities of the Afghanis have supported the MNF actions

Now just hold on to your words and back your claim with the latest situation on the ground - without your monkey business of jumping off the points.

Rest of your post it typical vulgar street stuff.

Why should I talk to you or meet any or your vulgar demands?

I will do so at my discretion and at the discretion of the non-racist, intellectully vigorous posters here - and not for you, Sasha the Whisperer...I'm basing my comments on recent reporting on the ground and the success of the Karzai government to bring relative stability to a country that's been war torn for over 30 years...and also on the reality that millions voted recently - including 4 million women - defying the Taliban terrorist ilk who threatened to kill them!
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 5:01pm

Bravo! It's racist to call Americans stupid, but it's okay for an American to hold an entire region as evil?

You hold no fresh info at all. Your reports are year too old! You can take your Karzai anywhere you like. It's a historical reality that we do not stand puppets lightly.

The stupid criminal Americans should have learnt a lesson from their British accomplices. The Brits tried a Bacha Saqah in the 1920s almost exactly like this.

He last for just about as much time. We still keep that tree where we hung him. We do not buy any Neo Con stuff.

You are again barking at the wrong tree. Go and shout at your controllers at the agency, their repots are just about as good as on those WMDs. 

Edited by Whisper
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 8:05am
I would like to kill a few birds with one stone- my 3 year old high
octane daughter doesn't allow me much time to read and write-
Zaman, it is wrong of us to assume that in heaven or hell our 'sex' or
gender is as important to us as it is on earth. I find American society
is a highly 'sexed' society so it is natural for someone in that
environment to be constantly conscious of the differences between
male and female. When we all learn to celebrate and appreciate these
differences we shall have a better, more harmonious society. To draw
such stark contrasts as you do, by saying women divide more than
men for example, only shows you have had a negative experience of
women in your life. You are right to honour your mother. Women
hold perhaps the greatest power in their biology which is that they
can nurture life. Also, I think you will find through experience that
the truth is ALWAYS frighteningly simple. Peace.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2006 at 4:53am

A young woman was jogging in a New York park when she was suddenly attacked by a ferocious Bulldog. A man saved the woman in distress by killing the dog. The woman thanked the man and said, "The headlines in the newspapers tomorrow shall be; Brave New Yorker saves the life of a woman. "The man replied, " I not a New Yorker". OK said the woman "The headlines shall be; Brave American saves the life of a woman". "I am not an American either" said the man. "I am a Pakistani". The headlines of the next day were "Fundamentalist Pakistani kills innocent American dog". -MAJ (Retd) FATEH ALAM, Lahore, June 11

Bismillah,

I just saw this!  Poignant!

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2006 at 10:45am

Assalaamu alaikum :ZamanH

Do you dislike women, brother, I noticed your signature:

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet

Quran 2:191 reads as:2:191 And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

Is this a hindi concept, more women than men in Hell? I know that a lot of the old traditions treat women as chattel in India?

Also, is it wise to quote a quranic verse with this other "shirk appearing" phrases?

Just curious.

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2006 at 10:58am
Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend. (I think I understand this one!)

My point was, for friendship to be permanent it should be based on more permanent factors than enmity to a common foe. My reference was to the "divide and rule" policy of the West and how Muslims are fooled by it, as, they support the West against each other and in the end, its the West alone that wins, while the Muslims lose. Friendship that is based on more permanent factors such as trade or, even proximity should be valued more than the one that is based merely on enmity to a common foe (once the common foe goes, the friendship also ends).  

There will be more women in hell than men.
That is because I believe they cause differences amongst men. I believe they are more selfish than men.

I believe this to be untrue. Men rule the world and look at the state it is in. Children are borne by Women, and we do not want to send them to war to die. Women in power, less war. Men in power, the ego is the key. You rule with your pride and not your head. Look at the mess we are in. The world rulers that are wacky are men.  There are more women reverting to Islam than men. Watch the ticker on the Islamicity home page for a simple example.

..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)

I believe killing is right, if its for self-defence. Since the death of the Prophet, West is the greatest of all threats to emerge against Islam.

YOu have misquoted a verse in the Quran. I personally would not attempt this

Heaven lies under mother's feet.

This is an authentic hadith regarding the gratitude one must feel towards one's mother. It was Nausheen's idea that I put it there.

I would be careful what I put with a quranic quote or how I fracture the quote!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic